• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Journey Into Darkness - Discussion/Sign-ups

A Journey Into Darkness

When a mysterious sickness spreads through the Pokemon world, killing many Pokemon, it was discovered that an unknown force was causing it. A group of Pokemon went to investigate it, but only one of them made it back, bearing bad news. This unknown force was just sheer darkness. Not Pokemon, not humans--not any living being.

Pokemon figured that it would be impossible to defeat this darkness. This was believed for many years, until a theory was formed. Some Pokemon believed that there would be a group of Pokemon destined to fight and defeat this darkness. Eventually this theory was spread around to nearly every Pokemon..! After many more years, this theory finally proved to be true. There was a large group of Pokemon, who eventually figured out that they were the ones who were destined to stop the darkness, and save everyone from the mystery sickness.

Rules

1: No Mary Sues/Gary Stus.
2: No legendaries or Fakemon.
3: Follow all Pokecharms rules.
4: No godmodding/being overpowered i.e dodging every attack or landing every move
5: Keep growth reasonable, don't just level up every time you do something
6: The maximum romance level is PG, nothing higher.
7: Please write at least 4 lines in each reply, and try to have correct grammar. I'm not saying you need to have perfect grammar, just try your best.
8: When you start, have a pre-evolution Pokemon please i.e Pichu, Riolu, Cyndaquil. Yes, starters are allowed.
9: Don't go overboard with your level.
10: Be respectful and kind to others.
11: Only Pokemon in this rp.
12: All OOC talk goes in the discussion thread. Character bios go in the discussion thread.
12: Have fun and feel free to ask me any questions you have!

Character Sheet

Name:
Species:
Level (Don't go overboard):
Moves:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory (optional):
Other:

My character for this roleplay is

Name: Arashi
Species: Popplio
Ability: Torrent
Level (Don't go overboard): 14
Moves: Disarming Voice, Water Gun, Pound
Appearance: Normal Popplio. She wears a white bandana around her neck.
Personality: Arashi is a friendly Pokemon. She loves making friends, but it takes a long time for her to fully trust you. She always puts on a smile. Arashi is very caring, especially towards her friends.
Backstory (optional): N/A
Other: N/A

May I join?
-----------------------
Form:
Name: Helena
Species: Sneasel
Ability: Keen Eye
Level (Don't go overboard): 16
Moves: Faint Attack, Ice Shard, Leer
Appearance: That of a normal Sneasel, however, one of her feathers is clipped
Personality: For the most part quite cold and indifferent to all, but she will sometimes let out a little emotion around people that she trusts, such as giving a small smile of chuckle at a joke, blushing at a compliment, et cetera.
Backstory (optional): When she was just a child her den was attacked by a group of Weavile, from a rivalling group of Pokemon, and got her feather clipped in the process. She was traumatised by the incident and gained her cold personality as a result of it.
Other: N/A

Last edited:
Name:Belt
Species: scraggy
Ability:moxie
Level : 15
Moves: headbutt,payback,leer
Appearance:
IMG_20171014_220429.jpg

Personality:belt is cheerful and friendly,he isn't very smart in general,but is good at thinking of plans and strategies,he is over confident and brave, sometimes forgets things

Backstory: he always wanted to be a hero and help people,he wanted to help his parents as they were forced to give most of there food and money to a gang of dragon types,until one day belt tried to fight the leader,a garchomp,which made him furious,so he killed his parents,and belt was forced to leave his home town before his parents were killed by the garchomp

Other: several years after the RP he will found the world renouned scrafty guild

I've been looking for a roleplay to join for a while, and this seems like it'll be interesting.
Name: Infirmi
Species: Rattata (Never thought I'd roleplay as one of these.)
Ability: Run Away
Level: 1 (If he's too strong, I'd be fine with making it lower.)
Moves: Endeavor, Quick Attack
Appearance: His only real defining feature is that he always wears a focus sash.
Personality: Infirmi doesn't actually want to fight the darkness, or anything at all for that matter. He'd much rather just leave it to someone else. Needless to say, he's not very brave. He's quick to run away from any dangerous situation, which is when his ability comes into play. But even though he doesn't want to be one of the chosen ones, he still has good intentions.
Backstory: Infirmi was born in a relatively small village. He was the son of a great warrior, who had sadly passed away because of the Illness caused by the darkness not long before Infirmi was born. Of course, expectations were high for him, especially once the villagers discovered his move set. You see, in that village, the legend of the destined pokemon gave many of them faith, and it was believed there that a child born with the moves endeavor and quick attack would be one of the chosen ones. But then, their hopes were crushed. They found out that, because of his father's condition, Infirmi was completely unable to level up. It was horrible news, and many of them lost hope. They all started acting as if Infirmi didn't exist, and he grew accustom to it. Eventually though, a traveler arrived at the village. This traveler, a furret named Electi, informed the village of a strategy he was told of.. It was how a rattata at level one could use a focus sash to survive any hit, bring the opponent down to one HP using endeavor, and then finish them off with quick attack. However, the main flaw with this is that after defeating one pokemon, whover used it will be left completely defenseless. After this encounter, Infirmi was immediately given a focus sash, and was trained in the technique. It was very strange for him to be given so much recognition after his existence was left unacknowledged for so long.
Other: I think it makes more sense to refer to the theory as a legend. I hope that wasn't too long.

(This Dawn is not the current Dawn, but the past one)
Name: Dawn
Species: Rockruff
Ability: Steadfast (Hidden Ability: When this Pokemon flinches, it’s speed is raised slightly
Level (Don't go overboard): 17
Moves: Bite, Return, Rock Blast
Appearance: Normal Rockruff, wears a necklace containing the picture of his dead father, Sol.
Personality: Gloomy and quiet. Dawn used to make friends, but he is homeless and lonely at the minute, no one cares for him.
Backstory (optional): recently, his family had been attack by a herd of Crabrawler led by a Lucario. His den lit on fire, and his mom died trying to get Dawn and Dusk out of there. After, Dawn and Dusk fought and won against the herd, but a day later Dawn found Dusk dead in his bed from a gash in his neck. This gave him his quiet and drool personality
Other: his personality will change to Friendly when he evolves.

Name: Grit
Species: Helioptile
Ability: Sand Veil
Level (Don't go overboard): 12
Moves: Thundershock, Sandstorm, Charge
Appearance: Shiny, ears constantly flap around when excited
Personality: Very social, energetic, and jumpy. Rarely sleeps but when he does, it's for a long time an very difficult to wake him up
Backstory: Grit was orphaned at the time of his birth. His parents were gravely in debt to a group of Pangaro and had to pay for them the hard way. One day, Grit was struck by a bolt of lightning and ever since then, he's adapted a wild personality.
Other: Gains a large burst of energy when in the sun. Becomes extremely aggressive and impulsive when evolved

@Nintenduck that is an evil Rattata

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
I'd love to join. When is this starting?

Name: James
Species: Oshawott
Ability: Torrent
Level (Don't go overboard): 1 (Can't fight, won't fight.)
Moves: Tail Whip (Yes, that is the only move he can do...)
Appearance: Much much smaller due to a birth defect. Other than that, he wears a small black scarf.
Personality: Shy, introverted, weak, nervous.
Backstory (optional): I haven't come up with one, it might develop in the RP
Other: I don't expect him to be a main character, or even a pokemon that fights the mystery sickness, he'll just be a side character. He wouldn't like the spotlight anyways.

Character Sheet

Name: Sara
Species: Eevee
Ability: adaptability
Level (Don't go overboard): 17
Moves: tackle, quick attack, bite(lv 17 for this)
Appearance: A normal eevee with a black choker.
Personality: kind and lax. She can make friends with anyone, and puts violence second when fighting. Sara can warm up to anyone.
Backstory (optional): Sara was hatched alone, as an orphan. Without a family, her life was tough, going from one home to another. She has an emptiness in her heart for family, her only weakness. She has learned to be quite the pacifist.
Other