• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Dying Flare

A Dying Flare' is set in Kalos, several decades after the events of Pokemon X and Y. The last remnants of Team Flare are scattered across the region, and the remaining members are becoming increasingly desperate. However, as these evildoers make their presence known, a new faction arises; the Kalos Vigilantics, dedicated to taking the battle into their own hands, where the law enforcement has failed. As the time comes for Team Flare to rise up again, a battle for the region may ensue....

RULES (READ BEFORE POSTING)
[1] All Pokecharms rules apply, obviously.
[2] Romantic plots are allowed, if they don't push into ERP. (Erotic Role Play)
[3] If you are to be in a faction, your character MUST be Kalosian. It wouldn't make sense for somebody from Sinnoh to just decide to join Team Flare. (I might allow exceptions to this, if there is a good enough reason/backstory.)
[4] Keep gore/blood to a minimum, though if it must being included, that's fine.
[5] If it's OOC that doesn't have to be included in your post, put it in the discussion thread.
[6] If you think your post may contain questionable elements, PM me or post on the discussion thread.
[7] Put "MooMoo Biscuits" at the end of your bio.
[8] Mega evolutions ARE allowed, however it must make sense, and you will need some sort of approval. Put it in the 'other' of your character bio.
[9] No Z - Moves allowed. Period. The crystals are realistically very rare, and you would only have obtained one by completing an island challenge in Alola.
[10] Even out the factions. We don't want 6 Kalos Vigilantics characters, and 2 Team Flare members.
[11] Available Team Flare ranks include: Grunt, Lieutenant, Admin, Scientist.
[12] Available Kalos Vigilantics ranks include: Vigilante, Soldier, Officer.

Discussion Thread:
a-dying-flare-discussion.19769 (Sign up here!!!)

Trainer Bio:
Name:
Simon Rousselle
Alignment: Kalos Vigilantics
Nationality: Kalosian
Personality: Insatiably inquisitive, and incredibly compassionate. He has very little empathy for his enemies, and is frequently overly practical as well. Frequently introverted, and has a hard time making strong bonds with potential companions.
Appearance: Of an average male build, he has moderately tanned skin and short, well kept dirty blond hair. He wears a standard grey winter coat, with trousers. Other than that, hiking boots and hazel eyes.
Pokemon: Zebstrika, Magmar, Nidorino
Other: MooMoo Biscuits
---------------------------------------------
Simon Rousselle sat in his cottage in Lumiose City, watching the December snow trickle down from a beautiful, lavender evening sky. Taxi's flew past on the street outside, the low hum of their engine combining with the crackling of the fire. Simon sighed, knowing there was work to be done. He stood, making his way to the closet; equipping his favorite winter coat. Opening the door, he began walking to the designated meeting point: Cafe' Soleil.

Last edited:
Gabriel was leaning back in the couch in the corner of the Café. He started to wonder when everyone was supposed to show up. His pockets were empty so he couldn't buy anything. And yet, he was hungry. The fact that he was inside of a Café didn't help his hunger at all. It made it worse. He could smell all the delicious pastries but could afford any. He planned on waiting with the food until the meeting was over so he could snatch a croissant or something undetected. That would work in his favor as he could just blend in with the crowd when they were to leave the Café

(I'm going to wing most of this lol)

Simon opened the Cafe' door, a jingle ringing out. He waved to Gabriel, acknowledging his presence there. The young man walked up to the counter, ordering two cups of Komala brew coffee, before making his way over to the couch the other vigilante was sitting at. Simon handed Gabriel one of the coffee's, sipping the other that still remained in his grasp. A backpack was slung over his shoulder, and he took out a newspaper roll from it, removing the rubber band attached. This caused the days issue of The Lumiose Observer to unravel neatly into his lap, revealing a headline:

SUSPECTED TEAM FLARE RECRUITMENT OPERATIONS IN ANISTAR CITY: This morning, an anonymous undercover APD member uncovered suspected Team Flare recruitment operations. 4 years ago, this organization attempted to bring Kalos to it's doom, however was halted by a group of brave young trainers. Such an unexpected event prompted law enforcement to reopen the thought closed case again for investigation. Anistar officials have yet to comment.

Gabriel looked up at Simon, a coworker you could say, and nodded back. He accepted the coffee but was suspicious of why he would give it to him. He took a sip. There was no reason to be suspicious of Simon. He was a coworker and therefore on the same side. Then again, this could be an imposter. But probably not. This was typically how Simon acted. An imposter would have a hard time to remember all of this and mess up. So it was Simon without a doubt.
"So do you know why we're here? I hope there's a good reason. I haven't eaten today" Gabriel said.

Simon paused, thinking for a few moments, before replying. "Invited a couple other members via Holo - mail, don't know if they'll come. Encrypted messaging, of course. You know that the Flare techies are getting more and more advanced by the minute." He sipped his coffee, his eyes getting lost in thought once again. "Well, you see. We don't have many agents in Anistar, plus if Team Flare is getting comfortable enough to run recruiting ops there, they definitely have online interceptors placed around the area. And as you know, the police aren't exactly the most... competent when it comes to dismantling this kind of stuff." Simon sighed. "Don't get mad, but I've deduced that if we want to investigate further activities for the KVC, (Kalos Vigilante Committee) physical contact is required. And our public opinion isn't very pretty thanks to Flare influence in the media. So...." He pulled out several Kalos international airport tickets.

"So we should fly to Anistar ourselves? I guess that makes sense" Gabriel said but was really annoyed by it. He didn't really want to fly anywhere. He was fine here. But he agreed on doing it just to get it out of the way. The problem would still be there even if he didn't want to go.
"So is there anyone else coming?" He asked

(Sorry for the short post. Not much to say now actually. This was the reason it took so long to post xD)

(No problem, it will probably be much more excited if we get to Anistar and... link up with some more agents ;))

"I don't know. They could be tied up here in Lumiose, and not have time to fly off into Anistar. Either way, if we want to go, I suggest we get a taxi to the Lumiose Airport immediately." Simon stood, putting the newspaper back into his backpack. "Too risky to send a long range message to the citywide department. Let's go." He walked to the door, opening it and walking onto the sidewalk present outside. It was full on night now, and the snow had mostly stopped, except for a small trickle. His vision only illuminated by the light of storefronts and the orange glow emanating from the lamps attached to the tall, impressive Lumiose street lights. Simon hailed a cab, and once it arrived, immediately entered - keeping the door open for Gabriel.

Gabriel sighed. His little plan hadn't worked after all. There wasn't a big crowd that could help him blend in so he couldn't grab anything unnoticed. He was still hungry but decided to follow Simon out through the door. The guy was smart. But Gabriel would never say that to his face. He stepped into the taxi infront of him.
"Lumiose airport" he told the driver and waited for him to start driving

The taxi zoomed through the quiet streets of Lumiose city, as Simon simply sat and watched. He thought of nothing really engaging to do, and there was no way this driver could be a Flare member - he was too stingy with the payment. (If he was a Flare member, he probably wouldn't have cared about funding too much, Simon assumed, they had plenty of that from selling Pokemon illegally.) Either way, five minutes turned into 15, which turned into 30, which turned into an hour. Finally, bright lights began shining in the distance - signifying that the two were nearing the revered Lumiose Airport.

The Taxi pulled up to the main lobby drop-off area, leaving the two vigilantes to exit. Simon sighed, stretching and stepping outside of the sleek yellow vehicle. He pulled Gabriel out, before saying: "Alright, our flight starts in an hour, lets get something to eat and organize our stuff. I hope you have your Holo - Caster encrypted, I'll bet money on the fact Flare is watching all flights going in and out of Anistar."

Wyndham had barely escaped the recruitment facility with his Pokémon. He knew he had a reputation for being cold towards his grunts, but it was all for good reason. He had found out a long time ago that if you got too close to a grunt, you may be forced to leave them behind to be caught by the authorities, or even worse, the KVC. Wyndham shook all these thoughts out of his head, and he continued to walk down the alleyway in Anistar City. He was headed for the airport, hoping he could hijack a plane and fly off to a new base. “I hate losing to commoners,” he muttered to himself, complaining about the loss of such a successful recruitment facility to the authorities. “I am sure the KVC will be here any day to check out the remains of our base...”
He could see the planes taking off in the distance. He began to break into a run, getting more aggravated by every second.

Lumiose City
John Jeremist scanned the area around him, making sure that he was not followed, and walked into an alley. The first thing he saw was a couple of Team Flare grunts. Anyone else would have quickly fled the scene in terror. The grunts were arguing about who was the hottest gym leaders in Kalos and quickly dropped the conversation when they spotted John. "Good evening, sir!" Both of the grunts said.
John shifted his sun-glasses and spoke. "It's 'Lieutenant'and never call me 'sir', alright? It made me sound like an old guy."
The grunts obediently nodded. One of them stepped forwards and handed him a letter. John looked at it carefully and read it.

Dear Lieutenant Jeremist,
Congrats on your promotion. I hope you won't let us down. I have a mission for you. A shipment is to arrive at Cyllage City tonight. It is supposed to contain a set of evolutionary stones. Getting our hand on that shipment is not absolutely necessary but it can give us advantages. Don't let us down.
Sincerely,
You know who.

He put the letter away. 'This does not sound too hard.' He thought. 'Unless one of those kids that pretend they are heroes show up.'
He had heard of vigilantes and, honestly, he didn't think of them as a threat. 'Can't be too careful, I'm supposed.'
He turned to the two grunts and shifted his sun-glasses. "How would you two like going on a mission with me?"
The grunts looked at each other. "We would like that very much, Lieutenant."

Simon and Gabriel entered the expansive airport lobby, where people and Pokemon were quickly hustling about their business, seemingly not paying any attention to the world around them. Fools. Simon thought. That kind of unawareness is just bait for a Team Flare grunt to pop up and steal your precious Pokemon. Shaking his head, the duo walked up to an extravagant stand labeled: Leblouissant Vivillion: Kalosian Cuisine and Spirits. The two vigilantes took a seat, before ordering some food; a scrumptious shrimp and Kalos Vinaigrette salad. As this was being prepared, the paranoid 19 year old looked around, getting a lay of the land - and attempting to detect any potentially hazardous or suspicious activity.

Wyndham exited the airplane at the Lumiose City International Airport. The plane ride had been full of paranoia, but he knew that Lumiose was pretty safe. All he had to do was head for the Lumiose City Recruitment Facility. He was passing by Leblouissant Vivillon, when his stomach growled. He went into the restaurant and said to the man at the counter to buy some food. He ordered it on his Team Flare Business Card and went to sit down. There were so many interesting customers, but he was too focused on food to look at them.