• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join "A Casual Adventure" Discussion - looking for 1-2 players!

Hello there!
Thank you for clicking on my thread. I am looking for one or two mature role players interested in participating in a casual Pokémon adventure. Instead of your normal more elaborated adventure with legendary encounters and lots of fighting I would like to play out a journey that is more focused around character development and interaction with one and other. Now, that does not mean there can not be any battles in the story, they are very much welcomed! This applies to any action oriented event. Just make sure that things have depth to them and are not just fights for the sake of fighting.

The plot that I have in mind is a very basic one but I think it will work perfectly as a ground for the characters to come alive in.

Plot
The "Rachne Woodlands". A dense, not fully explored forest fallen under the shadow of a large mountain. The forest has a bad reputation for being the host of countless disappearances and having a high population of unusually aggressive bug Pokémon. Most people choose to travel around the woods in fear, even though it prolongs their journeys by days. The people brave enough to enter the forest are advised by the locals to go in pairs or groups, for the sake of their security and well being.

Where the Pokémon trainers found the willpower to enter the forest that gloomy morning is a mystery to me. I just hope they know what they are doing, for their own sake.

Hopefully you find it interesting! Note that this is not suppose to be a scary role play by any means. Now, I want this role play to be open for anyone to "lead" so to speak. I have no wishes to be a game master. I enjoy allowing things to simply "go with the flow". If everyone is smart about their decisions and how they want to story to unfold there should not be any problems. Though I will step in if things get out of hand.

Rules
1. Your character must travel by foot.
2. Anime Battle Rules (More than 4 moves, skill and wit outmatches sheer power, etc)
3. 6 Pokémon or less.
4. Be kind and considerate.
5. Be intelligent.
6. Follow the rules of Pokécharm.

If you are interested in participating feel free to fill this application and post it down below, I will contact you as soon as possible. Questions are welcomed, just throw them at me!

Name:
Pokémon:
Short bio:
Reason for crossing the forest:
(Visit a town on the other side, want to catch a bug Pokémon, etc)

Thank you!

- Q

Last edited:
Name: Reef
http://i.imgur.com/BnANI6X.png
Pokémon: Gyarados, Drampa, Seedra, Shiny Lunatone
Short bio: Reef was born in a small fishing town of the Alola region. He spent his childhood training his Magikarp despite others urging him to choose a more "useful" starter. He began working with a researcher in the town and with help Magikarp evolved into Gyarados. The two became inseparable, and Reef earned his own researcher title in the water type field. His mentor granted him the funds to travel to other regions and observe water pokemon in their natural habitats.
Reason for crossing the forest: To find and research water types living inland in freshwater areas such as ponds, lakes and rivers. Rather than travel around and avoid danger, Reef decides to make his way through the forest to look for any hidden signs of water types in the area.

Everything looks good! I'm going to keep this thread open for a day or so in case someone else wants to join. If not, we'll begin soon just you and I. :)

This looks like a lot of fun. Hope I'm not too late.

EDIT: Here's the bio.

Name: Fletcher
Teenage_Denzel_by_semokan.jpg
Pokémon: Hitmonchan, Furret, Skiploom, Fletchling, Fletchinder
Short bio: Fletcher, originally from Johto, had always loved reading maps, and he has wanted to make his own since being a child. He considered the forest to be the ultimate map-making challenge, and wanted more than anything to explore and map it. His practice in exploration has given him traveling experience, as well as his five partners. He, along with his friends, are determined to map at least a portion of this forest.
Reason for crossing the forest: For the sake of exploration. Fletcher wants to map the forest, or at least a proper path through it. It's his ultimate goal, the one thing he's always wanted to do.

Hope this is a good bio. I can alter it if needed.

Last edited: