• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#688 - Binacle

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
688-0.png

#688 Binacle
[type=rock][/type]/[type=water][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Kametete
Classification: Two-Handed Pokemon
Height: 1'08'' / 0.5m
Weight: 68.3 lbs. / 31.0kg
Egg Group: Water 3

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Tough Claws or Sniper
Hidden Ability: Pickpocket

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: These Pokémon spend their lives affixed to rocks along the seaside. They generally live two to a rock, but if they quarrel, one will move to another rock.

20454_pokedex.png

X: Two Binacle live together on one rock. When they fight, one of them will move to a different rock.
Y: They stretch and they contract, yanking their rocks along with them in bold hops. They eat seaweed that washes up on the shoreline.

20453_locations.png

Route 8, Route 12, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City.

20455_evolution.png

20512_688-689.png

Evolves into Barbaracle at level 39.

20462_levelup.png

--- Shell Smash
--- Scratch
--- Sand Attack
Lv. 4 - Water Gun
Lv. 7 - Withdraw
Lv. 10 - Fury Swipes
Lv. 13 - Slash
Lv. 18 - Mud-Slap
Lv. 20 - Clamp
Lv. 24 - Rock Polish
Lv. 28 - Ancient Power
Lv. 32 - Hone Claws
Lv. 37 - Fury Cutter
Lv. 41 - Night Slash
Lv. 45 - Razor Shell
Lv. 49 - Cross Chop

20469_artwork.png

Binacle-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p09_01.jpg
oct_p09_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So this...exists.

I must admit, when I first saw this in-game, I didn't know what to think. I struggled to believe it was even real. It looks a little better with official artwork, but still...wow. I suppose there will be someone out there who like it.

So this...exists.

I must admit, when I first saw this in-game, I didn't know what to think. I struggled to believe it was even real. It looks a little better with official artwork, but still...wow. I suppose there will be someone out there who like it.

Not to mention what it evolves into. It's a giant made out of rock and a bunch of hands...including a hand head. I'm shocked that this is even real, even more so upon finding that Binacle evolves into something stupider. The only Gen VI Pokemon I despise more are the Pumpkaboo line and Diggersby.

So for real this is like one of my favorite Pokemon of this generation. I remember seeing it when it was leaked but not really paying attention, but then I was smashing rocks in game and I found one and couldn't help but catch it. I figured I'd have it on my team temporarily, just to try out Slash + Sniper, but then she never left. I think if I do another play through I'll probably catch it again :}

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There's actually nothing underneath. Binacle, much like the Japanese Goose Barnacle that it is based on, effectively welds itself (selves?) to a rock using cement glands at the base of (or the tip of, rather) their 'stalks'. That's literally all there is to the creature.

These things crack me the fuck up. Their irate faces makes me think of Waldorf and Statler, the old cranky critic muppets - and their evolution cracks me up even more. I admit that I did not believe the things were real when they were first leaked... but they're just too hilarious for me to stay mad at them.

Oh.. This is Digglet all over again!! Whats underneath?! Never to know..@.@
Evolve it at level 39 to see for yourself.

So this...exists.

Funny thing, that's the same thought I had.

Binacle, Barbacle, Tyrantium, and Espurr all fall into the category of these suck (Opinions, some people actually like Espurr, and I like it's evo)

Evolve it at level 39 to see for yourself.

Funny thing, that's the same thought I had.

Binacle, Barbacle, Tyrantium, and Espurr all fall into the category of these suck (Opinions, some people actually like Espurr, and I like it's evo)
Tyrantium is actually cool. Although he sadly didn't go through the elite four( got retired midway through), I still used him and he's a beast