• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#691 - Dragalge

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
691-0.png

#691 Dragalge
[type=poison][/type]/[type=dragon][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Doramidoro
Classification: Mock Kelp Pokemon
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 179.7 lbs.
Egg Group: Water 1, Dragon

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Poison Point or Poison Touch
Hidden Ability: Adaptability

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: When Skrelp evolves into Dragalge, it gains the Dragon type. This ferocious Pokémon will attack any intruder without distinction. Dragalge is greatly feared, and its home waters are under a dire warning of danger. The poison Dragalge emits is so toxic that it can erode ship hulls.

20454_pokedex.png

X: Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory.
Y: Tales are told of ships that wander into seas where Dragalge live, never to return.

20453_locations.png

Exclusive To: Pokémon Y. Route 8, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City

20455_evolution.png

20513_690-691.png

Evolves from Skrelp at level 48.

20462_levelup.png

--- Dragon Tail
--- Twister
--- Tackle
--- Smokescreen
--- Water Gun
Lv. 5 - Feint Attack
Lv. 9 - Tail Whip
Lv. 12 - Bubble
Lv. 15 - Acid
Lv. 19 - Camouflage
Lv. 23 - Poison Tail
Lv. 25 - Water Pulse
Lv. 28 - Double Team
Lv. 32 - Toxic
Lv. 35 - Aqua Tail
Lv. 38 - Sludge Bomb
Lv. 42 - Hydro Pump
Lv. 53 - Dragon Pulse
Lv. 59 - Dragon Tail
Lv. 67 - Twister

20469_artwork.png

Dragalge-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p07_05.png
oct_p07_06.png
oct_p07_04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
You could always trade for one. I'm pretty sure the GTS is full of randoms who'd trade you a Dragalge or at the very least a Skrelp for something reasonable.

Ok. So, Skrelp was not very impressive to me, and I would have gladly chosen Clauncher without a second thought.

But then comes Dragalge. I cannot appropriately express how awesome this Pokemon is.

First off, there's the Poison/Dragon typing, which I believe has not been done before, so that's great. I'm glad they went with that rather then adding in the Dragon type and keeping the Water type...which would've been too much like another Pokemon I know for my liking. *cough* Kingdra *cough*

Second of all, I just adore the design, the leafy extensions, the expression on its face. From the information given, you can also see that it is "ferocious" and "greatly feared," and its poison can "erode ship hulls." >:D

So, overall, this is one of my top ten new Pokemon.

At first I didn't like Skrelp when it was introduced, but when I saw Dragalge I flipped out. I'm glad I chose Pokemon Y.

Ooh yay! I just love Dragon type pokemon and the ability poison touch and poison point! Just like to see other trainer's Pokemon get poisoned. (Evil laughs)

Ooh yay! I just love Dragon typea pokemon and the ability poison touch and poison point! Just like to see other trainer's Pokemon get poisoned. (Evil laughs)

I love drag- oh gosh his name is so hard to spell. Im better with older pokemon (gen 1-6). Even though it is not as original I still love it. Since i like kindra, dragal gah it is so hard to spell. To make thing simple I'll just say that i'm adding it to my top ten (or even top 5) favorites! I love the type combo to!