• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Garchomp

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
445Garchomp_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Garchomp
[type=dragon][/type]/[type=ground][/type]

20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaGaburisu
Height: 1.9m
Weight: 95.0kg
Classification: Mach Pokemon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Sand Force

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Garchomp was revealed on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak, alongside Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Meowstic, Furfrou , Amaura and Tyrunt . It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

20483_stats.png

Mega Garchomp's most notable stat increases are to its Attack and Special Attack stats, but it also receives boosts in Defense and Special Defense. As a trade-off, its Speed stat is slightly reduced compared to Garchomp's.

HP: 108
Attack: 170
Defense: 115
Sp. Attack: 120
Sp. Defense: 95
Speed: 92

62259_20479_locations.png

58293_Dream_Garchompite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Garchompite
X/Y: Victory Road, post-game.
OR/AS: Given by Aarune after attaining Platinum Rank in Super-Secret Base Capture the Flag.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Garchomp.

20472_artwork.png

Mega_Garchomp_M_ga-Carchacrok_Mega-Knakrack_Official_Art_300dpi.jpg

20482_screenshots.png

Mega_Garchomp_Official_Screenshot_3_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Mega_Garchomp_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Mega_Garchomp_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think I like Mega Garchomp more than normal Garchomp, but that's not saying much since I've never liked Garchomp. I like his knife hand things and his jaw looks cool. Plus, is that a giant shark fin?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Jury is still out on whether I'd use this thing on my competitive teams. I'll need to hear which stats it gets boosted before deciding because, while I love my Garchomp, this design isn't really doing it for me. It's not even much of an upgrade from the original Garchomp, just kinda... worse. ^^;

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
THAT CHIN. THAT... CHIN. MY GODS. THAT STUPID EVA UNIT CHIN. XD

And the tooth zipper jacket looks. And... I... I cannot even begin to process Mega Garchomp. I'm sorry. It's gone into So Bad It's Hilarious territories.

... What is it with Mega Evolutions and huge chins, anyway?

Its certainly an interesting look... that much is for sure. Interesting being a very kind, generous way of me putting it!

It's not a bad design, the only physical feature I find unappealing is that large geometric chin. Combined with its scythes for arms, it looks like Garchomp fused together with the Grim Reaper

Yes, Game Freak seems to have an affinity for chin-enlarging for their Mega Pokemon. This Pokemon, scythe arms and all, has begun growing on me, but that chin is still bothering me. :p

Right now, I honestly don't know if I'll try to use this or not, but it's not on the top of my Mega Pokemon list.

cool now i can evleon my grachurmp i just hope thers a meag elmolen and a luxeray and a piogotto my team is 4 pokemon realy ther my top team the best of the best

It looks like an aklay from star wars with its arms out like dat. OMG THEY'VE TURNED IT INTO A BUG LIKE POKEMON AND AGAIN NOTYPE CHANGE cause a bug dragon would be awsome. there is also something that i see but i just can't put my finger on it. ????? :?

Last edited:
I Can't wait to see Cynthia use Mega Garchomp in Diamond and Pearl Remakes. Maybe even a Platinum remake as well. Also Gen 4 first Pokemon game, Favorite not legend Dragon Type, and Favorite Champion.:)

upload_2015-7-13_10-44-27.png
Can't wait for Diamond and Pearl Remakes. They should make Her Garchomp lv 80. In Platinum She was the most powerful Champion with lv 78 Garchomp. untill Steven with his lv 79 Mega Metagross. So make her the most powerful Champion like before.

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
First of all.... wtf giant chin!!!!!!! Secondly ermergherd why the shark teeth on his body?!?!?!?! Makes no sense

I LOVE GARCHOMP I EVEN HAVE 17 OF THEM IN MY GAME but why the chin why... BUT MY GARCHOMP MY FIRST GARCHOMP i named garchomp4theewin so thats why my username is Garchomp4theeWin
#GARCHOMPRULES