1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPPt/HGSS 4th Gen Wi-fi Team Rate

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by The Fluffy Weavile, Apr 8, 2007.

1. First off, this is for the 4th generation, Competitive. Any suggestions/changes would be appreciated. I will post these in no particular order, though I will post a few couples for Double Battles.

Here we go!

~Ludicolo
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: Max HP, Max DEF
    Item: Shell Bell
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed

(Gains life like crazy. Meant to be a wall, but still be able to function as an attacker.)

~Weavile
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: Max ATK, Max SPD
    Item: Expert Belt
    Aerial Ace
    Night Slash
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break

(Sweeper, Expert Belt adds that extra punch. Weavile breaks 400 Atk with max ATK EVs and a ATK beneficial nature.)

~Garchomp
    EVs: Max ATK, Max DEF
    Item: Brightpowder
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch
    Sandstorm

(Another Sweeper, but I want it to stay a bit more than Weavile. This one is the one I need the most help with. :p)

~Dusknoir
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: Max ATK, Max HP
    Item: Chesto Berry
    Shadow Punch
    Toxic
    Mean Look
    Rest

(Wall. Toxics, stalls. Mean Look prevents them from getting away. Rests off damage.)

~Blaziken
    EVs: Max ATK, Max SPD
    Item: Scope Lens
    Blaze Kick
    Sky Uppercut
    Shadow Claw
    Bulk Up

(Helps with some hard hits. Shadow Claw to cover Psychics/Ghosts)

~Skarmory
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: Max HP, Max Sp. DEF
    Item: Leftovers
    Fly (May change to Stealth Rock)
    Steel Wing
    Spikes
    Roar

(yes, not an Impish nature. Meant to be a bit harder to take care of for Specials.)

2. give ludicolo rain dish trait, which restores its health with rain, swap one of the moves for rainy day, and give leftovers instead of shell bell. will make it much better. current: 6/10, after improv: 8-9/10

weavile, as a 4th gen, i'm not too familiar with. ask someone else to rate him.

"

dusknoir, i'm a bit more familiar with, however, as dusclops is mainly defensive, i would swap out shadow punch for curse, and do this: mean look, toxic/curse, toxic/curse, rest, rest, rest.... etc. will give up to 30 turns of curse and toxic, making it hell for them to survive. current: 7/10, improv: 10/10

blaziken, ideal. current: 8-9/10

skarmory is better off as a phys defender, so i suggest you switch it to such. However, if you really want it to be a sp defender, get rid of fly. that makes thunder even more of a threat. which is not good. spikes and roar are good on any skarmory defender. steel wing is good for STAB, so go for it. i think this one is about as good as it can get, for a sp. defender, but get someone elses confirmation on it. my rating: current: 8/10 improv: 9/10

hope i helped. i'm not too good with natures, so ask someone else about that.

oh, and if you want a better sp defender, use blissey. skarmory is phys, blissey is def. this is what makes skarbliss, in peoples' opinion, so famous. as for my opinion, i'm just getting into competitive. don't ask me.