• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Where the Wind Takes Us - A Historical Fantasy RP

"Yes, of course I've stocked up," Mint replied, taking out her quiver from her satchel and throwing it over her shoulder and head, seeing Zack's reaction. "Oh, don't worry, Zack! This is for your safety, I promise! If anyone were to attack, I'd be first to begin warding them off," she assured the boy, letting go of the horses' harnesses and climbing onto Elegance. "Shall we be off?"

Devon chuckled. "Yeah. We've got a lot of ground to cover. ONWARDS, ASHES!" he said, urging the horse on.

The three traveled across the land for two days. Eventually, Colchester came into view around midday.
"Oh, finally! Home sweet home, eh Mint?" Devon said happily. He could see the tower from the Count's manor even as far away as he was.

"Ah, yes!" said Mint, pushing Elegance onward through the plains they rode across, the mansion she knew and loved oh-so-well standing before them. "Welcome, Zack!" she called to the boy as they drew nearer and nearer to the building, "to your new home! I do hope you'll find it quite enjoyable! I know I have!"

Zack was asleep atop of Silence. He was woken up a bit too soon just as the other two days before. He slowly fell sideways, losing his grip on Silence's foot holder. He fell on the ground then waking up. "What happened?" He asked.

A knight busted into the count's room. He saluted and said "Sir! Devon and Mint are approaching with the boy." "Thank you" Arciot replied. "Ready the guards to allow their access." "Yes sir" the knight replied, saluting once more, and then leaving the room. The count sighed. "Mao, please put on a pot of tea enough for... Lemme see... 4 people." He asked his maid.

Edward, being Edward, had wasted himself the day before, but he managed to drag himself to the Count's all the same. Being too drunk to move too much, Edward had sat himself down in front of the gates. In the distance, he could see three figures on horses. What little he could see, anyway. As they drew closer, Edward saw that it was Devon, Mint and a child on a horse. He bellowed a greeting. "Ahoy there, friends! How does the day treat you?" He asked, his words slurring slightly.

Thomas woke up, eyes groggy. He had been up late making a new plan for the trade between the Count and the Duke of Manchester's courts. He was greeted by a knock on his door. "A message for Thomas, Naval Advisor to the Count." The young messenger stated. Thomas quickly read the note. "Hm." He stated. "So the boy has arrived." He folded the note and handed it back to the boy, but not before giving him a few coins. "Thank you sir." The boy said as he scurried off. "Might want to get Edward" Thomas mumbled to himself as he put on his finest coat. To his surprise though, he saw Edward at the front gates. He saw three figures in the distance, assuming they were Devon, Mint, and the boy. He heard Edward shout to them, and noticed his words were slurred. "Oh boy." Thomas thought. "I'd best go bail him out." He mumbled as he rushed to the scene before Edward could embarrass himself.

"Doing just fine, Edward!" Devon said. "Nice to see you!" Devon hopped off of Ashes and opened the door. "So, Zack! Want me to show you around first, or should I take you straight to the Count?"

Zack sighed. He was introduced to his new home by two new faces. He wasn't used to this feeling, and didn't know how to react, so he reacted to what he would usually do. He held his hand out like he did with Mint. "Nice to meet you." Zack frowned.

"He's polite, ain't he?" Edward roared. "Well m'boy, it be a pleasure to meet you!" Edward took Zack's hand and shook it vigorously. "The names Edward. Seein' as the count told me to trust you, I'm the resident privateer and a man of off-the-cuff operations." He winked at Zack, whispering the last part.

Mao nodded, taking the pot and leaving the room for the kitchen at a brisk pace. Her mind began to wander, opening doors of memories she had purposefully shut away. She shook her head, as if to shake the memories away. The maid made a bit more tea, letting it sit for a bit too long as she had been staring off into space.

Thomas quickly rushed to the gates as he saw the boy talking to Edward. "Please don't embarrass yourself.." He mumbled. He quickly rushed into the situation and saw Edward was completely drunk. He glared at Edward, but turned to the boy with a smile. "Hello!" He said cheerily. "You must be Zack now, aren't you? I'm sorry about my brother." He said as he motioned at Edward. "He could get a little.. emotional sometimes." He looked at the boy's puzzled glare. "Oh, how rude! I've forgotten to introduce myself! I am Thomas, Naval Advisor to the Count. I'm glad your here!" He stated as he extended his hand towards the boy.

Zack smiled. "Don't worry, I'm used to it." Zack frowned thinking of his uncle. He then smiled. "Thank you for welcoming me into your home, but if it is no trouble where will I be sleeping while I'm here?" He asked.

"Aricot gave you the guest quarters for now, seein' how you're a guest." He glared at Thomas. "I'm not emotional. Just tipsy." He hicupped. "Fine. Probably more than just tipsy." He looked at Zack. "The counts told me to to tell ya to come as soon as you're able." He grinned. "He really means at your leisure. He's a fine man. Helped me when I didn't deserve it, he did." Edward paused. "Now, could someone please help me get to a chamber pot? Wouldn't want to ruin the flowers." He asked.

A few individuals have passed by. They don't seem to be a threat of any kind... Eagle, put that away! Fine, fine, putting the spear away now.

Quauhtli Zuma, now done talking to himself - er, thinking, rather - stepped out from hiding, walking nonchalantly with a hand on his sheathed spear towards the Count's Manor, or so he heard it was called. Step by step, his grip on the weapon loosened as he took in how safe he felt just approaching the gates. Could this be the place he was looking for?

Hah, impossible. Sure, it may feel safe, but I have no purpose in being here. It would be rather pointless to stay here if I had nothing to do to justify my stay... that and I just like moving.

Once at the gates themselves, his grip tightened for a fraction of a second as he was surprised to find the individuals from moments prior at the manor's entrance. Quauhtli let go of the spear fully, and stared long and hard at the group. One man, one who he didn't see before, was asking for assistance in getting to the chamber pots. Not I, thought Quauhtli, though I would imagine someone else here would love to- is that a child?

Quauhtli's attention was grabbed, metaphorically speaking, by the individual who appeared to be much younger than the rest of the bunch, young enough to be refused a drink for sure. Through his cold gaze, a spark of some sort ignited within him, just for a moment. Dismissing it, he took a step closer to the boy, squinting a bit in disbelief. After all, seeing a group of individuals riding horses next to a drunk man in front of a manor with a child isn't exactly an everyday occurrence, even for a traveler like Eagle.

The flames of the stove reflected in Mao's glasses. She clenched her jaw.
The fire.
Mao realized the tea had been boiling for too long, and scrambled to turn off the stove and grab the pot. She forgot to use mits. The red head let out a pained yelp, recoiling away from the pot. She ran her hands under cold water before continuing her duty, knowing she was taking too long. She prepared the tea and brought it back to where the Count was.

"So, Zack?" Devon said. "Would you like a tour of the house, or should I take you straight to Count Arciot?" He then flinched, looking around. He saw a flash of discolored green among the greenery of the exterior garden. Then a glimpse of brown. He decided to ignore it for the time being. Probably just the Count's cat.

"Count ARCIOT." Devon said, correcting him. "And the Count runs this house, takes care of us, and is the best person in this city. He took all of us and made us into better people. He took me in and taught me to fight for a cause... to be a hero. He helped Mint find her purpose in life. He helped Mao deal with her incredible depression from her past... well, she's still working on it, but... He helped Edward and Thomas turn from lawless thieves to semi-respected individuals. And he'll help you find a place in the world."

Edward raised an eyebrow. "Thomas never was a lawless thief. I'm deeply insulted you'd compare him to me." He grinned. "Almost forgot. He also told me to give you..." He searched for a word. "Legal fellows this." He held out a price if paper. "He said that Zack should open it and tell it's contents only to those you trust." He grimaced, looking paler by the second. "Well, if you guys need me, I'll be trying to get to my room. I can't take much more of this and I can barely walk." He pushed himself against a wall, and waved. "Mint, are you willing to face me in target practice tomorrow? I'd like to show you why they used to fear my name." Edward said, looking at Mint. He put a hand to his face and picked up what little speed he could.

Zack eyes widened. "Uh, Sorry! I guess I'm just pretty brain dead form the two day horse ride." Zack smiled, then turned to the house in front of them. "It's soo big! What will it look like when I get inside. Oh No, what if I get lost and I can never find my way out, then I'll starve to death!" Zack started to hyperventilate.

It's certainly make a mess, Mao thought to herself as she poured the tea. Her green eyes took in every feature of the guests, and she listened to what they said. Analyzing them. She then excused herself to go bandage her hands, hoping the burns weren't too serious.

Quauhtli's curiosity finally got the best of him as he approached the child more directly. He grunted at him, choosing to stay mostly silent until he learned more about the group in front of him. One hand still on his trusty spear, he looked up and down the child, as well as the rest of his group, albeit to a lesser extent. They looked... interesting to say the least. Never before had he seen a group of people this, how you say, diverse. He stopped squinting at the kid, his gaze now turned to one of the others, a man in particular. Again, Quauhtli found no other term to describe him other than 'interesting'. He appeared to be someone capable of fighting, that was something that he noticed straight away.

I... I kinda wanna...

Quauhtli's curiosity still having total control over him, he took his spear out and held it with both hands, pointing at the man. Let's see what he does. If he gets scared, I'll leave. I have no point in being around those kind of people, he thought, trying to provide himself justification as to why he would so something this rash.

Smile forming on her lips without her consent, the archer looked to Edward for a moment. "Yes, I believe so," she responded, simply, her quiver in her hands as she counted the number of arrows inside. Let's see here... There should be exactly 25... 12... 13... 14...

She only stopped counting when Devon brought up the many good deeds of the Count. Eyes slightly widened, her hand trembled, and her quiver would have hit the ground, contents spilling who knows where, if she had not slung it over her shoulder. Sheepishly, she smiled, laughing awkwardly. "Uh, ha, yeah... He did do that for me..." Even though this was the truth, she sounded like it was not. This is because she despised whenever the topic was brought up, for reasons she did not like to discuss. She stayed quiet about the whole 'life's purpose' thing whenever she could, which was, thankfully, 99.9% of the time.

Something in the corner of her eye made Araminta stop her staring at the ground, pick her head up suddenly, glance around the group. "Did anyone else notice that? That was not just me, now was it?" she asked nobody in particular, not able to see the source of the dark color in her peripheral vision. "What was that?"

Devon glanced at Mint to tell her to remain silent. "What? You must be seeing things." he said. Then he whipped around and launched five throwing knives at the figure in the bushes.

Zack was a bit alarmed when Devon threw some knives into a bush. "Sheesh! What did that Bush do to you?" Zack frowned, as the knife dissapear into the bushes.

Zack frowned, being blinded by Devon's cape falling on his head. He sighed. "I'f I get covered in Blood, I'm running back home." Zack stated sarcasm inn his voice.

"Hmph."

Quauhtli, just barely dodging the several knives that flew at him, stepped out of his previous spot, spear on his back once again. He wasn't scared, that's for sure, he thought to himself, giving himself a mental smack on the forehead. His hands were raised in the air, showing he had no intention of fighting. A drop of blood fell onto his cloak, revealing to him that one of the knives had at least grazed his left hand. Using his right hand, he reached under his cloak and pulled out a large elliptical leaf covered in little white hairs - a plant called the Wooly Lamb’s Ear. After locating the wound, which wasn't as big as he expected, but was definitely bleeding, he placed the leaf directly on top of it and kept it pressed there. He shot the group an apologetic look, and decided to speak a little bit. "Sorry... who are you all?..." He said, his expression and tone still cold and uncaring despite his intentions being to garner forgiveness for his stupidity.

"THAT is none of your business." Devon said. "What is MY business, however, is knowing why you are here. Are you another assassin sent to kill a man who has done nothing but good? I will NOT stand for that."

"Name's Edward." Edward, having found the pots easily, had arrived when he saw Devon throwing knives, and had drawn two of his guns from his holsters. He walked to Devon. "Let me talk to him. This is my place of expertise." He whispered. "Ignore my friend for now. Unless you say a wrong word. I couldn't stop 'im, even if I tried. Now, might I be able to ask your name?". He placed his guns into his holsters. "It appear you're trespassing. If your a traveler, would you mind saying your business as well? You see, if you are trespassing, I could shoot you." As an afterthought, he said "Be there a chance that you wish to join the Count's fold?" He looked at Devon "He ain't an assassin. He s unskilled at silent movement, and you don't send someone unskilled to you." He whispered.

Oh no. I think this is bad.

Quauhtli seemed to be in a bit of a bad situation, considering if he didn't act right, he was going to die. It seemed as if he was going to have to talk. The man with the guns seemed nice enough, so in his almost monotonous voice, he spoke. "I don't know of the... importance of this place. This Court's fold, explain it to me."

On his hand, he felt the leaf get completely soaked. Guess he didn't dodge that knife quite as fast as he would've liked. Quauhtli reached into his cloak and pulled another leaf out, covering his hand again. "Stupid knives, I'm gonna run out of these things," he muttered under his breath, not taking his eyes from the men who spoke to him.

The child still interested him, but saying that would probably mean death. Saying that he intended to stay here would also probably mean death. Lying and saying that he was just passing by? That right there would spell "D-E-A-T-H," death. He felt as if what he said was correct, more or less, or at least the better of the bad options.

The feeling of blood returning to his hand sparked a bit of worry in Quauhtli's mind. "Uh..." he said, turning to the man with the guns, "maybe I could get some help with this?"

Strange, these leaves work for most injuries. Must've cut something big, that ain't fun, he thought, a hint of worry starting to find it's way into his thoughts and onto his expression.

Thomas glanced at his brother. He couldn't help but crack a smile. His brother had always had a way with words. It must run in the family. Oh well. I guess that's what dealing with sea raiders for 15 years does to you. He noticed the man bleeding badly. Devon must have gotten him. He figured that he would complete the dealing. "We can give you some help. But first, tell me who you are." He said calmly, fingers gripping his pistol.

Are you kidding me? Man, these people wanna know everything, sheesh.

Another new face approached, or at the very least it was someone he didn't see previously. Of course, this person had a gun and was not afraid to use it. On the bright side, he was willing to help him, but only after he gave his name. "Quauhtli Zuma," he stated matter-of-factly without looking at the person.

His focus was still on his wound. He hadn't really felt anything hit him when he dodged the knives, but one must have cut him pretty bad for the leaves not to be working. Normally the leaves soaked up the blood until he could have his wound bandaged, but it just kept going. After replacing the leaf again, he finally looked at the person with a look of impatience. The wound was starting to sting, which was never good, and he was down three Woolly Lamb's Ear leaves, soon to be four. He mouthed a "well?" to the people, waiting for some form of reaction from them.

Mao sat on her bed in the servant sleeping area, hugging her knees to her chest. She slowly let go with one arm and looked at the bandaged hand. The same painful sensation I remember from the last time I burned my hands...... The maid's hand formed a fist. At least this time, it was just from a teapot....

Taking an alarmed step back from the never-before-seen man, eyes wide, Mint instinctively reached behind her for her bow, but instantly regretted her decision once she saw the man's injury. "Oh, no... Are you alright, sir?" she asked, now walking toward him, an arm outstretched in worry. "Please tell me it doesn't hurt very much... It's not looking very good... Shouldn't we call for someone?" Whipping her head around, she asked Devon and Edward a quick attention, before her attention was brought back to the man's injury. "Keep that leaf there for now... It looks like the bleeding won't be much of a problem if you do... We should get a medic as soon as we can, though... Oh, I'm so sorry about this..." Even though she knew she had nothing to do with it, Araminta felt guilty for the man's pain, and she covered her mouth with a hand, brow furrowed. "I'm not very good with this sort of thing, so I probably won't be much help here... Sorry..."

Quauhtli tensed up a bit as the girl approached him, thinking she would try hurting him. To his surprise, she was the only one there who approached him and didn't threaten his life. She was apologizing for his injury, which made him feel a bit weird. "You don't have to apologize, I was an idiot... say, lady, might I ask for your name? I've said mine, and considering you aren't going to end me, I thought I might ask," he said, his look of impatience slowly being replaced with his standard expression.

Out of the entire group, this girl was the first and currently only person who Quauhtli felt at least somewhat safe with. He stopped being as reclusive around her, loosening up entirely - well, almost, considering he still had a tight grip around the leaf that was covering his injury.

Laughing lightly, the woman responded to Quauhtli's question. "No, I won't end you. You're safe here, I promise. My name is Araminta Atwood. Most call me Mint, though. It's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled, looking down to the still-bleeding cut. "That doesn't seem to be getting any better, now is it?" Smile now replaced with a frown, she picked her head up, and idea popping into her mind. "I will be right back, alright?" Running off to her mocha-colored horse, the red-brown-haired girl threw her foot into the hold, her leg wrapping itself around the horse's back. "Come now, Elegance. We must go!" Lightly tapping her steed's side with a foot, Araminta raced off toward the estate, wanting to get Quauhtli some help as fast as she could.

Hair tousled slightly by the ride, Mint hopped off Elegance, speed-walking into the building. "Anyone!? We are in need of some medical assistance!" she called throughout the interior, not caring much at the moment about manners.

Devon turned away, then turned back to Quaulti. "Quaulti. I believe that's 'Eagle' in some foreign language?" he said. "If Mint and Thomas are willing to trust you, I'll put my guard down. But if I have one reason to be suspicious, I will watch you heavily. I am the defender of this manor and all who reside within it."