• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Where the Wind Takes Us - A Historical Fantasy RP

"I have a business proposition you might find quite interesting." Devon said, removing a gilded coin from a pouch inside his belt. It glinted from the light in the window.

Joey groaned. "What is it!? And make it fast, I was sleeping until you rudely awoken me from my nap!" He groaned.

Zack stood away. He was intimidated by both men, and didn't want to be disciplined for saying something stupid accidentally.

"My master wishes to buy the services of your nephew, Zack." Devon said. "And he is willing to pay handsomely." The swordsman took the pouch out from his jacket and shook it. He dropped the gilded coin he had taken out back inside.

Zack frowned. "Oh Great, first I have to work for Joey and now I might be sold off to another person who is gonna make me their personal slave." He thought.

Joey smiled. "Deal!" He smiled. He didn't even need to think about it as the consequences were very slim, considering Zack didn't have any friends and his parents disappeared. He grabbed the bag of pounds. He smiled thinking of the possibilitys he could do with the money.

"Of course he sells me." Zack sighed.

"Well, that was easy." Devon said, turning from the greedy man to breath a sigh of relief. He turned to the kid. "Come along, now. We've got quite a long journey ahead of us."

Zack frowned. "Yes Sir." He looked down. He started grabbing his stuff. He only grabbed a few pairs f clothing and his homework since he didn't have much. He placed the cloths in his backpack. He expected to still go to his school, he was just moving location. He held his homework in hands. "Alright, I'm ready." He sighed.

(Um... Ashes is light brown with black spots. Silence is the white one.)
"Well, no time like the present." Devon said. "You'll have to learn on the road - it took me three days to get here from Colchester, and we can't keep the Count waiting. Besides, you'll be getting your own horse tomorrow if we make good progress."

Zack frowned. "Um, OK sure." Zack frowned. He looked over to the second horse. He was a bit intimidated. He frowned. HE placed his hand on the saddle, slowly climbing up. He took a few seconds just to climb the horse. "Then you do this?" He slid his feet into the foot holds. He was still nervous.

"Yep." Devon said, hopping up in front of him. "Alright, let's go, kid. I want to try and make this as fast as possible. Can't keep the Count waiting, now!" Devon got the horse to start trotting, and once they were into some greenery the horse started to run.

A few hours later, Devon slowed the speed of the horse. He saw four men on the road. "Stay here." he whispered to the boy as he hopped down. "Good morning, gentlemen!" he said. "Fine day, isn't it?"

Zack frowned, nodding. He watched as Devon walked over to some men. For all the hours he spent riding a horse's back he still didn't know the man's name, it bugged him a bit.

"Aye, a fine day it is." one of the men said. He was a burly man with messy black hair and stubble. His clothes were baggy, and a hand-axe was attached to his hip. The others looked similar. "Fine day for some lootin'. Hand over your coin."
"I'm afraid I spent the last of it on getting a new servant." Devon said, gesturing to the kid on the horse.
"Then we'll take whatever else you have." the man said. "Like that robe, f'instance."
"You will NOT touch the robe." Devon said with an intimidating look.
"O-oh yah?" the thief said, trying to look confident. "And what will stop us from takin' it?"
"Me." Devon said. He dashed towards the men as they drew their axes. The leader swung his axe at the man... but his strike met solid steel. One second later, the thief was impaled by a sword. In the wind and swift motion, the man's hood fell down and the thief could clearly see his face.
"Y-you're... Devon Blade..." the man said before falling unconscious.
"That's my name." the warrior said, throwing off his cloak. It landed in Zack's arms. "Take care of the robe." he said, drawing his sword from the chest of the thief. "Well, there goes the shine. Of course I'd end up having to use it, anyways..." He glanced at the other thieves. They drew their weapons, but were incredibly scared. "Bring it." Devon said.

Zack was amazed. The man was carrying a sword on him, and he didn't realize. He could of easily been assassinated. HE was even more amazed when the man threw his cloak off. "No Way!" He smiled. It was Devon Blade in the flesh. "I can't believe it." HE smiled.

"D-Devon Blade... The legendary assassin who disappeared two years ago... Y-you're alive?!"
"In the flesh." Devon said, hurling his sword at one of the bandits. It struck him squarely in the shoulder, and Devon ran up to him, grabbing his sword. The man sprawled on the ground, writhing in pain. The third of the bandits hurled their axe, but Devon dodged, allowing it to hit a tree behind him. "THIS is how you throw an axe." Devon said, grasping the axe and throwing it at the bandit. It hit him squarely in the leg, making him crumple to the ground. The last of the bandits rushed at him with rage, but the swordsman dodged behind him and slashed through his armor. The final foe fell to the road. Devon walked up to Ashes and Zack, taking his cloak and putting it back on. "They'll live. C'mon, let's get going." Devon hopped up on the saddle, withdrawing his sword, and gave Ashes the signal to resume his trot.

Zack was awestruck. "It was exactly as he picture it. Blood and Gore. HE had heard of Devon Blade, but never saw him. He was told he was a great swordsman, he was capable of killing even the most evil and strong with ease. "It's an honer to meet you!" Zack smiled.

"Who I am now, yes. Who I was two years ago, definitely not." he said. "Look, let's just concentrate on getting to the inn." Ashes trotted on with the two riders atop him.

It was sundown by the time the old white building with the red plate roof came into view.
"That's our rendezvous. The White Leopard." Devon said, urging the horse faster. "I'll introduce you to Mint, and you can get to sleep. I understand you must be tired."

Zack smiled, just being in Devon's presence was a life time experience to Zack. A question came to mind. "Who is Mint?" He asked. "Is it a dog? Cat? Bird?" Zack asked, thinking of things who names would be Mint.

"A girl. A friend." Devon said. "Araminta Atwood. I started calling her Mint, and the name stuck. Now everyone in the court of the Count calls her Mint. She likes the name, though. As a matter of fact, I think she's right over there..." Devon pointed to the girl standing just outside the hotel.

From afar, Araminta could see Devon's figure, accompanied by another, smaller one, approaching her on horseback. Petting Elegance's long face, Silence's harness in her other hand, the red-brown-haired girl smiled, happy that they were able to arrive without much trouble. She looked to the white horse, patting his back. "You'll have your fair share of riding soon, Silence," she assured the noble steed, quietly.

"Hey, Mint!" Devon said, riding over. "How are the horses doing?" He leaped down, his cloak fluttering just enough that Mint could see the blood stain on the scabbard of his sword. "Oh, and this is the kid." Devon said, gesturing to Zack.

Zack waved, still awestruck. He slowly climbed off the horse, falling head first onto the ground. He frowned, picking up his pages of homework, feeling embarrassed.

"My horses are doing well. Thanks for your concern," Mint replied, smiling. She then looked over to the child, who had some trouble with dismounting Ashes. "Oh, my... We have a lot of training ahead of us, don't we? Or I do, rather." she whisper-yelled to Devon, then took a step or two closer to the boy, examining not only him, but also the papers he held. "Hello there. You're alright, I suppose?" she asked, running a hand through her curly hair, a light frown on her face. "That does seem like quite a bit of paperwork... I remember those days. Those dark, dark days... Anyway!" Turning around, a new spring in her step, Araminta brought Silence closer to Zack. "This shall be your steed for the journey to your new home. He goes by the name Silence. Speaking of names, what might yours be?" Mint asked the boy, feeling stupid for not asking before. "As Devon had most likely already told you, mine is Araminta Atwood, but I also go by Mint and the occasional Ara," the woman explained, bowing courteously to the boy, smiling brightly.

Zack gulped. "Uh, Zack. Nice to meet you." He frowned, holding his hand out. He felt embarrassed and and idiot. He had already embarrassed himself in front of the woman who was nice enough to let him ride her horse, and he felt like an idiot holding his hand out for a handshake. He felt like running back home, but that would take almost all day, and the sun was coming down.

"Why, it's a pleasure to meet you, too, Zack!" Mint replied, embracing the boy's hand in her own and shaking it. "Do you have experience with horsebackriding, by any chance?" she asked, holding one of Silence's harness's footholds for the boy to step on. "It's quite alright if you don't. You could always ride with Devon or me. I'm sure Silence would not mind, so long as he stays close to us. What do you choose to do, young sir?" Mint inquired, stroking the white steed's side gently as she did so.

"He's been watching me ride on the way here." Devon said. "If he's as quick a learner that I think he is, then he should be able to ride on his own. But he's tired, so let's let him rest for the night. You've gotten all the preparations finished, right?" Devon walked inside the inn, his cloak slightly fluttering. He had already walked Ashes into a stable right beside Elegance.

"Ah, yes. How could I've forgotten?" Mint replied to Devon, taking both Silence and Elegance to the stables and locking the doors, before walking over to the main entrance to the inn. "We're free to go in whenever you're ready!" she informed, looking over both her friend and the boy. "That would be now, right? I know I'm ready for a good night's sleep, and I'm sure all three steeds are, too." With a glance to Elegance, Ashes, and Silence, Araminta dropped her hand onto the door's handle, asking with her eyes for permission to mush it down and reenter the building.

"Yep." Devon said. As Mint opened the door, he followed her, turning to the innkeeper. "We'd like three rooms. Mint here will be paying."
(Mind RPing as the innkeeper for a bit, Ringmaster?)

(OOC: Not at all! :))

BIC:
"Ah, yes," started the innkeeper, a rather elderly, hunchbacked man who wore small, rounded spectacles, hands behind his back as he looked over the small group. "Your friend has already paid for you," he explained, pointing a crooked finger in Mint's direction, who tilted her head down in a sort-of bow. "Here're your keys. Everything else's already in the rooms, okay?" Holding out a hand containing three keys, which Araminta quickly took and distributed to the males, the man went back to reading whatever was on his desk, a hint of a frown on his face.

"Neat! Let's get going to our rooms, then, shall we?" Mint said to the boys, her own key, labelled 'Room 36', clutched in her hand, as she started down a small hallway to the back of the building, where the 30s were located. Finding her own room, she stepped in front of the door, turning back to look at Devon and Zack. Smiling, she said only one thing before retiring to her room for the night. "Sleep well, you two! We have a busy day ahead of us!" And with that, she disappeared behind her door.

"See you in the morning, Mint!" Devon said, saluting her as she left. He handed Zack his key. "You're in room 35. I'm in room 37. Well, sleep well! We've got a long journey ahead of us tomorrow. See you!" Devon walked into his room and shut the door. He drew his sword, still a bit stained with blood. He took off the scarf from his neck and used it to do a mock shine and clean on the blade of his sword. He then tucked his cloak, weapons and jacket into a closet and sprawled out over the bed.

Zack frowned. He had never stayed at an inn and was quite scared. He sighed bracing himself. He heard Devon speak of three rooms, this meant one for him, Devon and Mint. "OK, lets do this." He thought. Zack grabbed his Key from Mint then gulped. His room was 36, he was happy that his room wasn't too far from the other two. He put his key through the key hole unlocking the door. He stepped into his mostly clean room, frowning. He placed his bag along with his stack of Homework aside. He sat on the bed for a bit. "Why do I have the feeling something bad is going to happen?" He questioned, looking up.

The next morning, Devon got up and did his daily stretches. He went outside and did a bit of running before washing up in the bath. He got everything ready and put everything on, including his white robe. He knocked on Mint and Zack's doors to make sure they were awake. "You guys ready to go?" he asked.

Zack jolted awake, then falling off the bed due to Devon knocking on the door. He frowned. "I'm Awake!" He yelled. He stood up, then shaking off the dust. "Let me get ready!" He said, looking for his things. He quickly took a shower, brushed his teeth, changed cloth, and gathered all of his items. He walked outside sighing. "Alright, lets go." He yawned.

"I'm awake!"

At the sound of a yell, the pajama-clad woman slowly opened her eyes, one by one, adjusting to the sudden brightness of everything. That sounded like Zack, she thought, rolling over and climbing out of the bed, walking over to her satchel of belongings so she could get ready for the day. After she had done so, her overly-knotted hair thoroughly brushed through, Araminta threw her bag over her shoulder, grabbed her room key, and exited the inn's room 36. "Good morning to you two!" she greeted Devon and Zack, a welcoming smile on her face as she walked over. "Are you two ready for a day of riding?"

"I am." Devon said. "Although I'm not quite sure if Zack here can keep up." Devon winked at Zack. "So, same horses as the ones we came with. And Zack riding Silence, of course. You're the horse person, Mint, so mind getting them ready?"

Zack sighed. "Yea, I can keep up." Zack yawned. "I'f I fall asleep on the horse then don't blame me. I barely got any sleep yesterday, I feel like collapsing." He yawned.

"Right away!" Chuckling at Devon's words about Zack, knowing very well that the boy could most certainly hold his own after what she had heard about their trip here yesterday, Mint headed off into the main lobby of the inn, thanking the man at the counter yet again before exiting the building, walking over to the horse stables. Taking all three horses at the same time, Elegance's harness in her left hand, Ashes's in her right, she prepped the horses for the journey home, reattaching their saddles and hooking up their facial harnesses, smiling through the tough work she was so used to.

"Don't we all." Devon said. "But that's what happens when you go on important missions for Count Arciot." He saw Mint coming over with the horses and climbed aboard Ashes. "So from here it should be two days of travel if we rest at the same place we did last time and don't run into any trouble." he said, staring at the horizon. "But just in case, Mint, are you stocked up on arrows?"

Zack yawned. "I can tell." He smiled. He walked outside finding Mint with three horses. He quickly climbed Silence, he wanted to get this over with and fast. Zack's eyes narrowed hearing how the trip could take almost two days, and his eyes narrowed even more when Devon spoke of arrows to Mint. "Please tell me this is a dream." He groaned.