• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed To That Ever Distant Dream

An Umbreon pushed its head through the dense foliage that was near the insane battle that was taking place.

He walked a little closer to it and sat down watching the pokemon trade harsh blows.

He noticed as the Breloom was starting to get more tired, almost, sluggish.

Having taken large amounts of counter damage, Aura flew back to her trainer's side to rest her injured body. Sen assessed his Dragonair's condition, his battlelust calming, and frowned. 'I shouldn't have been so reckless.' He then turned to Jake and Brom, watching them with a resigned look in his eyes. Use a Special attack move and the Mushroom Pokemon would use Protect, use a physical move and he would use Counter; It seemed that he had no choice but to use that move.

Sen then turned to his Dragonair, apologetic, and gave his next orders. The Dragonair nodded her head, understanding in her eyes, and faced her adversary with unbreakable resolve. She then moved to the center of the field to put some distance between herself and her trainer. Sen watched his Pokemon ready herself and finally spoke with a heavy heart.

"Aura, Use Hail and Blizzard."

Aura stretched her body, her aqua colored pearl glowing pure white, and wrapped herself in a flurry of ice and wind. Cuts and scrapes began appearing on Aura's body as she held back the attack, charging and compressing it as much as she could, and clenched her eyes shut to block out the pain.

Sen watched on, helpless, as he saw his dear Pokemon hurt herself on his behalf and grit his teeth. 'Please,' Sen wished. 'Please let this work.' It was then, at that exact moment, that Aura unleashed her storm upon the fighting-type Pokemon.

Last edited:
The Umbreon leaped in front of the incoming attack, not wanting any of the pokemon to get hurt any more.

He took the harsh blow before using rain dance to quell the pestilential hail.

He groaned softly before falling over dazed.

The moment Aura unleashed her attack, Sen noticed something out of the corner of his eyes and turned his head to notice an Umbreon watching his battle with Jake. 'Wha- ,' Sen thought in surprise. 'A wild Umbreon in Opelucid City?' Sen shook his head and muttered. 'Focus Sen, Focus. It must be another trainer's Pokemon. For now, focus on the battle.' Sen then turned to face the battle he was currently in and tried to erase his nagging curiosity in order to concentrate.

'...I CAN'T CONCENTRATE!'

And failed miserably.

Jake's eyes widened in fear as he watched the ice and snow whirl around Aura. He reacted upon instinct, practically screaming his command to Brom.

"Protect!" Brom shifted his stance, and lowered his head, the cap beginning to shine. But it was too late. Aura released her icy fury, tearing holes through Brom's now brittle cap, bashing him and battering him.

"Brom!" Jake screamed in fear. He was having a flashback. It was a similar situation. But with his starter, a sprightly little Treecko, and flames instead of ice. Finally, the Blizzard subsided, leaving Brom bloody and teetering on his feet, holes torn in his cap and gouges all over his body. He stood for about a second, then fell to the ground with a dull thud.

Jake raced to Brom's side, not caring that the battle wasn't officially over. He didn't want to lose another partner.

Sen immediately rushed towards Jake's side with Aura following close behind and called Nurse Joy through his PokeNav.

"Nurse Joy! I need you to come to the courtyard Immediately! Yes, the one behind the Poke Center and yes it's an emergency. Please Hurry!" Sen then disconnected the call with a click and turned to Jake with remorseful eyes. "I'm really really sorry, how can I ever make this up to you?" Sen then cast his eyes down with guilt as he looked at the handiwork of his orders. "Damnit! Damnit all! I should've known better! I shouldn't have used that attack! DAMN IT!" Sen shouted as he fell to his knees and started punching the ground til his knuckles became bloody.

The remorseful trainer then looked up at Jake in sudden realization and desperation. "Please.." Sen said weakly. "Please don't blame Aura. I ordered her to use that move. Please...If you're going to blame anyone, please blame me."

Aura looked at the Breloom with great shame and regret. She knew the repercussions of being on the receiving end of that attack and should've held back, but she had foolishly gone all-out against her opponent. Now here she was, with yet another gravely injured Pokemon and her trainer defending her once again.

Jake was shaking, vaguely aware of someone speaking to him. He was in a different place, a different time. Growing up in Lavaridge town, it was always his dream to raise a pokemon of his own and take on Flannery. So one day, when he found an abandoned Treeko in the town Pokemon center, he befriended the little Wood Gecko, training with him for weeks. They became the best of friends. Then the day came to face Flannery. They boldly took on all the trainers in the gym, swiftly defeating them all, until they faced Flannery and her Torkoal. On that day, Jake's best friend, and his childhood dreams, went up in smoke.

A scant few seconds later, Nurse Joy with a Chansey came running onto the scene and went swiftly to work once she saw the gravely injured Brom. Giving the Pokemon some quick emergency first aid, the nurse and her Pokemon put the Breloom on a stretcher and rushed him into the emergency room of the Pokemon Center.

Meanwhile, Sen lead the unresponsive Jake into the waiting room and carefully sat him down. Having returned Aura into her Pokeball some time ago, Sen looked at the shaking form of the shocked trainer and cursed his stupidity for the hundredth time. Finally, after much pacing and depressing thoughts, Sen sat down next to Jake; not knowing what to do and not knowing what to say.

Jake flinched as Sen sat down next to him, jostling him from his thoughts. He looked at Sen, his eyes devoid of the cheer and energy they were full of when they met for the first time. Jake's gaze dropped to the ground.

"It's not your fault......."

Sen whipped his head around and looked at Jake in surprise, but immediately looked away when he saw Jake look somberly at the tiled floor, guilt overpowering him once again. Smiling bitterly at himself, Sen looked at the doors to the emergency room and whispered softly.

"...I'm sorry.."

Jake shook his head.

"It's fine. Really. Brom's tough, he'll pull through......."

He sighed.

"Besides, if anyone is to blame, it's me." Jake looked over at Sen. "I should have known you would have had an ice move. I should have thrown in the towel." Jake gazed towards the back room where Nurse Joy had taken Brom. "I'm not good enough. Brom deserves better......."

((OOC: whoa whoa, hey ScoutPug, I'm really sorry but your RP reply just came in now for some reason and it seems that Zeypher and I both unfortunately missed it.))

Sen immediately turned on his fellow trainer in sudden anger. "No! Don't you ever think that! The fault entirely lies with me, I know I shouldn't have used that dangerous move, yet I used it anyways." Sen then softened his face and put a hand on Jake's shoulder. "You're an incredible trainer Jake and I'm sure Brom thinks the same way too. Heck, you could even become a Gym leader if you decided to specialize!"

The dragon tamer gave a small cheerful smile to the downtrodden trainer. "So don't you ever think that you should've given up. I bet that if Brom heard you right now, he'd give a good hard Mach Punch to wake ya up from that stupid line of thinking."

Sen turned his head downwards, looking at the Pokeball that contained his starter. "You know... I used to think the same way about Aura. I thought that I didn't deserve her, and truthfully, I still think I don't. But do you know what she did when I told her that? Face to face?" Sen's demure smile became wistful as he recounted the memory. "She slapped me downright hard with her tail." The young trainer then looked up to face Jake once more with more mirth then he had moments before. "So I suggest you learn from my painful mistake, before Brom decides to teach you that himself."

Last edited:
(Ok then I will reintroduce my self:))

An Umbreon poked its head throught he picket fence of a house, looking for as many scraps as possible.

He realized that the people had there trash inside the house and groaned slightly pissed.

He hadn't eaten in several days and the nagging pain was driving him to to crazy things.

He sprinted off to the pokemon center.

He directed his attention to all of the food as he limped in fakely.

"Um, um, umbre, um" he said trying to sound weak, hoping the Nurses would take pity.

Jake chuckled, imagining what would happen if Brom decided to knock sense into him. He had tussled with the Mushroom Pokemon before, but it was just fun and games. And he still had a bruise from that.

Jake looked up, noticing an Umbreon limp into the Pokemon center. He shrugged, then turned to Sen with a sober look on his face.

"I just need to be better. I don't want to lose another partner to my dumb mistakes........"

He then pretended to pass out on the ground, hoping for a huge reaction from the nurses, but instead, they saw right through the trick and ignored him.

He growled angerliy and used double team to souround the two trainers, seeing if they had any food.

All of the clones barked at them loudly.

Sen looked at Jake with a helpless look and was about to encourage him further when he heard several barks at once and turned his head around to see a bunch of Umbreons snarling and him and Jake.

"...what..the....huh?"

Sen for the second time that day, became utterly and most stupidly confused.

Jake pointed to the Umbreon far to the left.

"It's Double Team. That one is the real one."

Jake glanced around the circle of Umbreons.

"Look closely. The others are flickering. This Umbreon is either very tired, or it hasn't used this move a lot."
Jake reached into his bag, pulling out an assortment of berries. He tossed them to the Umbreon.

Sen took a closer look at the Umbreons surrounding him and noticed that Jake was right. Upon closer observation, the Dragon Tamer also saw that the Dark-type Pokemon was rather skinny and quickly came to the conclusion that it was hungry. Sen then saw Jake come to the same conclusion and pull out some berries from his bag. Realizing that he had left his pack and his Pokefood back home, Sen helplessly watched Jake offer the Bidpedal Pokemon some berries. Sen then turned to the small dog Pokemon and apologized with a sorry face.

"I'm afraid I left all my supplies at my house and don't have anything to give ya."

The Umbreon sniffed it cautiously.

The last time he had gotten food from a young person, it had been poisoned.

Content that it semmed uncontainminated he gently took the berries, but not before licking jakes hand apologetically.

He walked over to one of the small couches and laid down as he chewed on the berries slowly, trying to relish each one and every morsel.

Jake sighed, feeling a bit better now. He flinched when he realized that Sen had compared him to a gym leader. His face turned stoney and hard.

"Sen, can you do me a favor?" Jake made eye contact with the dragon trainer. "Never liken me to a gym leader again. I am nothing like they are. I don't know about here, but in Hoenn," Jake shuddered "They're monsters......"

Sen's eyes sombered and the trainer quickly spoke quiet words of apology.

"...Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up a bad subject." The dragon tamer then lifted his face up towards the monotone ceiling, silently contemplating his thoughts, before speaking.

"I don't know what happened to you with the gym leaders over in Hoenn, but please don't let that make you categorize all of us in the same way." The young trainer then turned his head, staring sadly at young man who sat beside him. "We aren't bad people Jake. It's just that the power we hold can sometimes..."

Sen looked away. His eyes filling with guilt and remorse from another time. That hateful memory slinking back into his mind.

"...Cause misfortune to those around us."

Jake's eyes filled with bitter tears.

"You don't get it! You haven't seen how they are, what they do! They show no remorse! No mercy!" He broke down, sobbing.

"And they fight to the death."

Sen looked at the broken boy before him, his own eyes threatening to spill tears of their own. The young trainer's heart cracking as the guilt within tore him inside out. Of course. How could he forget. The league rules. The trainer that was crying before him was just another victim to that rule. The dragon tamer ground his teeth in seething frustration.

Every year, the Pokemon league had gym leaders from a specific region fight their challengers to death. Their reasons? To quell the number of trainers that seemed to rise up in recent years and limit the number of people who qualified for the World Championship League. No doubt, when Jake had challenged the gyms, that rule had been enforced upon Hoenn at the time. It was a given that the gym leaders had to keep this a secret from the populace, lest they were...displaced.

But that was no excuse. It was no excuse for the gym leaders, for him, to have taken away so many precious partners and torn apart so many beautiful relationships. They didn't even try to stand up to the league's corruption. How could he possibly justify the actions that he and his fellow peers had took? Did he tell him the truth? No. He couldn't. It would only cause more pain to the anguished boy in front of him.

So, in the end, Sen did nothing. Gripping his fist in self-loathing frustration, silently waiting until Jake's sobbing slowly came to a stop.

The Umbreon noticed the teen who had fed him, was sobbing quietly.

He walked over cautiosly, before hopping up upon his lap, as henlicked the salty fears off of his face, tail thumping.

He showed him his collar, a soothe bell, he shook it a few times, and a sweety sound resonated through the Poke center.

Jake finished crying with a sniff, wiping the tears off his face. He smiled as the strange Umbreon continued to lick his face. He began to pet it as he turned to Sen with a steely gaze.

"Someday, when I'm stronger, I will go back. And I will win." Jake took a deep breath before continuing. "But I need your help. I thought I was better, that I was ready. But our battle has only proven that I need more." He paused.

"Sen, would you travel with me?" Before Sen could react, Jake pushed forwards with his reasons for asking.
"You are clearly very experienced. I also get the feeling that you weren't battling with your full capabilities." Jake shook his head. "I need help Sen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Will you help me?"

The Umbreon barked loudly as if to say, am I invisble.

He rang his soothe bell louder, hoping to get some attention, only to get ignored.

He looked Jake in the eye for a few seconds before grumbling.

Sen was both taken aback and in a dilemma. Of course he wanted to help! That should be a given! But this was quite the sudden request and he also had his responsibilities to the Opelucid gym. The dragon tamer frowned as he contemplated on what to do. After a few moments of an intense internal struggle, Sen sighed haggardly and smiled tiredly at Jake.

He owed this trainer. If not personally, then on behalf of his fellow gym leaders.

"Well... It seems that I'll be resigning from the gym for awhile then huh?" The dragon tamer then gave Jake a hard look. "But I'm going to warn you Jake, I don't know everything and I'm not going to have an answer to every question. I am still learning after all." The young man softened his face. "Having said that though, I'll try and help ya with the best of my abilities."

After having agreed to Jake's request, Sen stood up to make a short Nav' call when noticed the Umbreon still sitting on Jake's lap. He smiled.

"And how bout we have this little guy come with us too? It doesn't look like he has anywhere to go and it'd be rather heartless of us to just leave him behind afterall."

Jake leapt to his feet, accidentally launching the poor Umbreon from his lap, elated that Sen had agreed to help. He began to think of a way to help repay Sen as he apologetically fished out a few more berries for the disgruntled Umbreon. Surely it would be very rude to ask him to help purely because he owed Jake a favor. Jake suddenly had an epiphany, snapping his fingers.

"I'll tell you what Sen. Since this is such a massive endeavor, having to adjust plans and such, how about I help a bit with your Pokemon?" Jake smiled. "Not in battle training per say, but rather in their bad habits. I can help Terra with his biting habits, and try to get Vyce and Maka to get along a bit better, as examples."

Sen grinned at Jake's suggestion. "That would be mighty appreciated if you could." The trainer frowned and sighed in exasperation as he remembered all those times the little rascals caused him trouble. "Those three buggers have been a bit of a struggle to curb since they've got some 'specially strong personalities."

Suddenly the bright red sign, which said 'Surgery in progress' in bold letters, of the E.R. room turned off with a ding and a tired looking nurse Joy sauntered out of the the tall double doors.

The Umbreon barked As he was launched into the air, but landed fine and snagged the berry that was tossed to him.

He fell quite as he watched Nurse Joy walk out of the ER.

Jake rushed over to the Nurse immediately. He franticly spoke to her in a hushed voice, wringing his hands in anxiety.

The nurse smiled. "Your Breloom will be fine. He just needs a bit of rest is all. In fact...." Nurse joy glanced over her shoulder with a smile.

With a Chansey nearby in case he stumbled and fell, a bandaged Brom shuffled his way into the waiting room.

With a cry of joy, Jake darted over to the Mushroom Pokemon, gently picking him up to hug him, laughing. Brom returned the affection, adding elated chirps and purrs to Jake's laughter. Jake set Brom down, then turned to thank Nurse Joy, even giving her a hug, causing her to blush with a bashful smile. Brom noticed Sen, and chirped hello, giving him a friendly wave.

Sen smiled happily and waved hello to the recovered Pokemon, the wringing guilt in his heart fading away as he inwardly sighed a breath of relief. It seems everything would be fine now.

"How bout the two of ya take some time off for a bit in the Center, I'm gonna go to the gym and tell my uncle that I'll be gone for awhile." The trainer then turned to the Mushroom Pokemon and bent his body into a full bow.

"I'm sorry Brom, I owe you an apology."

Sen blinked at the oncoming fist of the Pokemon. 'Oh not again... But I guess I deserve this..' The trainer then closed his eyes, bracing for the impact that would probably give a concussion. 'And hopefully not a broken skull...' But the young man's preparations were for naught as he never felt the blow come. Opening his eyes, Sen instead saw a two-clawed hand extended in friendship and happily took it in his own.

After giving the Pokemon a good firm handshake, Sen thanked Brom, gave a short "see you guys tomorrow!" and left the Pokemon Center for the gym.

Brom turned to examine the strange little creature sniffing at him. Upon closer inspection he found that what he was looking at was an Umbreon. Smiling and chirping happily, the Breloom scooped the Umbreon up in his arms, petting it while Jake made arrangements for them to stay in the Pokemon Center's guest room, as they had no money, and no place to stay.

While Nurse Joy began to make arrangements, Jake sat down in the waiting area, leaning back to get comfortable. As he thought over what had happened that day, he began to drift off, his eyes drooping more with each breath. Then, quite suddenly, he was out like a light, snoring.

Brom turned his head at the sound. Recognizing that it was time to rest until tomorrow, he shuffled over to the seat next to Jake. He lay down to sleep, curled around the Umbreon. Although Brom fell asleep, his hand kept petting the Umbreon.

The Umbreon sighed contently as he felt the Breloom pet him some more.

He snuggled closer to the Fighting type, purring softly as he fell asleep in his arms.

A stormy grey sky greeted Sen when he awoke the next morning and the young man got out of bed to prepare for the day. It had been quite the hassle to get his uncle to agree to his little 'vacation' the night before and was only allowed to go after he defeated the older man in a trainer battle.

The battle itself had been devastatingly difficult and had taken all six of his main Pokemon team members to take the old veteran down. Age hardly slowing the elder trainer down, the dragon type gym leader bulldozed through his partners one by one and the young trainer had struggled back with all his power. The contest of strength was even made harder when Aura, who was still recovering from her injuries, was knocked out after two blows from his uncle's Haxorus in the fourth round. He hadn't wanted to send Aura out on the battlefield so soon after the previous one having injured her so badly, but the sheer spartan strength of Drayden's Pokemon had given him no choice. In the end, the battle ended in a stroke of luck when a last ditch effort involving an Earthquake and Outrage allowed him to take the win with a double knock out.

Sen shivered as pulled his travelling clothes on. He did not want to go through that again. It would probably be a long time before he decided to challenge the dragon master once more. The fact that the old man had almost won with only two of his Pokemon against his six did not encourage his want to do so either.

The dark haired trainer scratched his hair and sighed as he pulled his pack over his shoulder. Perhaps some fresh air would cheer him up. The young man then opened the door of his little apartment house and stepped outside the building. Only to be met by a hail of wind and rain.

"..."

Silently locking the door to his home, Beck looked at the weather with a deadpanned face. After a few seconds of blank staring, the trainer then turned to the sidewalk and strode out onto the road. The young dragon tamer slowly trudged his feet along, heading in the direction of the Pokemon Center, while trying his hardest to ignore the foul weather.

Last edited: