• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed To That Ever Distant Dream

Breaker observed the Mushroom Pokemon with his sharp eyes as the Breloom poked his hide.

Sen sighed, "yup, I guess I'll get to that immediately when possible." The dragon tamer stopped the stirring the pot and tasted the Berry soup inside. "Alright that's another dish down."

At that exact moment, a ding sounded off to the young man's side and the trainer turned over to look at the portable oven he had brought along for the journey. "And it seems the quiche is ready too," and with those words the dragon tamer took his ladle in hand and tapped the side of the pot in front of him - getting everyone's full attention. Then, with a huge grin, Sen turned to the group and announced with a large voice.

"Dinner's ready!"

Brom jumped up at the good news, trilling happily as he dashed around the fire, and snatched up a bowl. He sat in front of Sen, holding up the bowl, eyes pleading for a meal.

Meanwhile, Jake just laughed, patiently waiting his turn.

((I sure hope this RP is open, I don't see anywhere that says 'ask first' or 'Private RP' so I hope you don't mind me joining in))

"Aww, where did he go!" Evan combed his hair with his hands, frantically looking around. He had stopped to set up camp, and was finally becoming relaxed when he realized his Crawdaunt was missing. He had released him from his poke-ball, as he always did when they stopped to rest, and then sat down on his towel. Evan had calmly gazed up at the sky, completely carefree and loose. "Crawdaunt, you feeling tired too buddy?" He had asked, and repeated about 3 times until looking up, noticing his companion's disappearance. Oh boy...what could he be getting into... Evan thought.

There were two things his Crawdaunt loved and cherished the most: A good swimming spot, and above all, food. Evan did have food, however, it was the canned and super cheap store-bought kind that gave Crawdaunt only one thought: Meh.

It was then that Evan's Crawdaunt, who had sniffed out some delicious food not-so-far from where his Trainer had set up camp, stumbled upon a group of Pokemon and and their trainers eating a meal.

Last edited:
((Not at all! By all means, please join on right in. :p And uh, you're missing a part of your last sentence there bud.))

Sen grinned widely at the Breloom's enthusiasm and scooped up three ladle-fulls of soup into the Mushroom Pokemon's bowl. It was a nice feeling to have, having your cooking appreciated that is.

"Here ya go Brom, nice and hot." The trainer then turned to the other pot and moved on to Jake's share, pouring him the same amount as well. "And here's some for you too, Jake." But just as Sen was about to pour out the Umbreon's share, the young dragon tamer felt a shadow loom over him and his heart leapt with fright.

Ever since he was little, Sen hadn't been very good with horror movies or anything to do with jump scares. His childhood friends had often made fun of him for it in the past and they still didn't let him live it down to this day. The teasing only got worse when his own Pokemon found out about his phobia and decided to jump on the 'Let's all scare Sen' bandwagon. Those days had become an utter hell for Sen and even now the young man still made the habit of checking every nook and cranny whenever he was alone. The black haired boy breathed a ragged sigh and calmly rationalized to himself that it was only his Garchomp who was trying to scare him once again. Sen then turned, ready to admonish the large Dragon for his unruly behavior.

"I swear Breaker, if this is your idea of a joke the-,"

Only to come face to face with a dimly lit face with a pair of huge round eyes that seemed to stare into his soul. Sen froze and proceeded to do the only thing he could do in the situation.

He fainted - his mouth frothing and body twitching all over.

Jake dropped his bowl, leaping over to kneel at Sen's side. As he began to check Sen's pulse, Jake glanced over at what had scared Sen so badly. He was surprised to find a Pokemon from his home region, a rather large Crawdaunt.

"Brom." The lanky Breloom quickly finished his food, then stepped between the Crawdaunt and Sen, shifting into a defensive stance in case the water type attacked.

Jake swore under his breath. Sen's heart rate was escalating. He reached into his sweatshirt's pocket, withdrawing a Pokeball. With a pop and a bright flash of light, Tana stood at attention.

"Tana, sweetheart, I need you to get my bag." With a few clicks and grunts of understanding, the little Trapinch skittered around the fire and returned with Jake's bag held carefully by its strap in her mouth.
Jake smiled and pat her on the head, then frantically searched through his bag, looking for smelling salts.

Jake pounded the ground in frustration when he found none. He needed something to bring Sen back before his heart overexerted itself. Then a wonderful smell reached Jake's nose, giving him an idea.

"Breaker." A low rumble of question came from just overhead, where the large dragon had been looming, concerned for his trainer. "I need you to get me the quiche." With a few quick thuds, and a clatter of the mini oven being quickly and forcefully opened, Breaker dropped the quiche next to Jake, with a sad growl.

"Don't worry big guy, I'll make sure there's plenty left for you." Jake snatched a golfball sized chunk of the sweet dish, waving it beneath Sen's flaring nostrils. "Come on, buddy. Come on back to us now..."

((I'm going to be gone for the next couple days, as a heads up. Sorry in advance, I wouldn't have joined so soon if I knew I was leaving.))

That darn lobster...thinking he is too good for my canned food. What does he think, I'm rich or something? Thats all I can afford!
Evan thought as he raced down what seemed to be Crawdaunt's trail. I just hope he isn't in any trouble...

The Crawdaunt stared down the Breloom, frozen still in a standoff. It appeared that he had spooked one of the Trainers and the Grass-fighting Pokemon was only trying to protect it's friends. It was then that, getting a whiff of whatever delicacy that the human pulled out of his bag, Crawdaunt used Ariel ace to fly past the Breloom and snatched whatever the sweet smelling food was, out of the Human's hand. The lobster Pokemon then continued to sit down, and continue chewing the amazing food, somewhat purring in delight.

((Haha It's alright, have fun on your trip. :) ))

In the deepest confines of Sen's mind, the young dragon tamer was curled up in a ball, sucking his thumb and rocking himself like a baby. That is until he smelt the sweet scent of quiche. The young man then started to stir, blearily blinking his eyes from drowsiness and looked up at Jake and Breaker who were towering over him.

"Oh hey guys...I just had the most strangest drea-" then he saw it again. It was only a flash this time but he saw it nonetheless. Those horrific big round scleroses and those terrifyingly small black pupils. Sen fainted again, unable to take the shock to his heart.

Last edited:
The Umbreon quickly grabbed the Craundaunt, who was happily munching on his Quiche, and plopped him in the grass near the fire.

He then ran over to Sen, and started licking his face hungrily.

((HUNGRILY? xD))

It was then that Jake realized two things. One, he had to get the Crawdaunt away from Sen, and two, he needed more quiche. He considered his options, accounting for how quickly the Crawdaunt was eating the quiche, and for the fact that if it appeared to be eyeing the soup as well. Jake sighed, returning Tana to her Pokeball. No need for her to get mixed up in the crossfire.

"Brom, use Spore." The grass type leapt into action, quickly spinning to send a single seed from the end of his tail flying until it popped five feet from its target, sending a cloud of sleep-inducing spores at the Crawdaunt.

The Umbreon, who was a foot away from the Craundaunt, watched as Spores fell all around him.

He began sneezing violently.

Once the sneezing stopped, he sniffled quietly, then continued to lick Sens face hungrily.

(What it's not like he can say "Feed me you damn humans!" Lol)

The first thing that Sen registered as he woke up into consciousness was something wet and rough sliding across his face. "Wha-." And in an instant he was up, wiping the drool off his face with the sleeve of his white jacket.

The last thing the young trainer had remembered was scooping up a ladle full of soup for the Umbreon when...Nothing. He couldn't remember what happened next. What had happened? Sen frowned as he rubbed his forehead anxiously, why couldn't he remember? Wait. Why was he lying on the ground? Why had the Umbreon been licking his face? Was this what they called amnesia?...Wow...This was actually pretty exciting. he'd never experienced amnesia before..Wait. No. That wasn't the right reaction he was suppose to have in this situation. The dragon tamer sighed and looked up to Jake.

"What...What happened?"

Jake sighed with relief, calling Brom back to his side. He shifted his body as he knelt beside Sen to hide the view of the Crawdaunt, not wanting to have Sen pass out again.

"First things first, I have to check to make sure you didn't hurt your head when you fell." Jake reached into his bag, pulling out a penlight. He shone the light into each of Sen's eyes, making sure his pupils dilated correctly. Meanwhile, he shot Sen a few questions.

"Do you have a headache or feel nauseous? Seeing any spots? Is your vision fuzzy or blurry? Can you tell me what Route we're on?"

The Umbreon was freaking out now.

It was cold, hungry, and tired, not this that go well together.

His tail twitched impatiently.

It hadnt eaten in a few days, and he was getting desperate.

He looked at the Craundaunt evily as he licked his chops.

((Update: I can do this on my phone, but my writing may be a bit wonky))

The Crawdaunt, who had almost finished his delightful meal when he was hit by a spore, snoozed peacefully.

This has to be the end of the trail- Evan halted, as he approached a small camp. What shocked him the most was the scene: A rather hungry looking Umbreon licking an almost unconscious Trainer, a Breloom bouncing around another trainer who wa busy cooking something, and above all, his beloved Crawdaunt plopped down near the fire sleeping quietly.

"Eh, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say my Crawdaunt did this?"

Sen raise an eyebrow at Jake. "Nope. Not at all. And we're on route 11 right?" The trainer furrowed his brows. "What happened to me Jake?... All I remember was that I was about to pour out some soup for Umbreon and then...Nothing. I can't remember what came next..."

Feeling a nudge, Sen looked down to see the Umbreon pushing his bowl towards him and the dragon tamer smiled sheepishly. "Ah, of course, here, let me get something for you." Sen stood shakily on his feet and looked around for his pot of soup. The young trainer froze. His eyes falling upon a Crawdaunt lying down at the edge of the camp, sleeping.

"...What. Is. That?" The trainer then heard a voice and turned around to see yet another stranger in their camp. "..Who are you?"

"Oh man! I'm Evan...by the way." He said, Rubbing the back of his neck.

"Did he do anything that I can fix? I guess he just really hates my cooking, and must have smelled your food."

Breaker was rather upset. First his trainer had fainted and had nearly scared him half to death. Second. His quiche was being eaten by a Pokemon other then himself. Of course, the safety of his trainer came first, but now that it was certain he would be okay, the dragon Pokemon could now move on to other things. Things like utterly destroying the crab that dared to eat his quiche. The Garchomp took a booming step towards the sleeping Crawdaunt with a menacing snarl. He then noticed the Umbreon doing the same. It seems that the quadrupedal Pokemon also shared his sentiments...Or something similar at the very least.
Breaker's mouth split into a shark-like grin.

He hoped that boiled crab tasted good as the others had said it did.

Sen looked at Ethan with a confused look. "Anything that you can fix? Food?" The young dragon tamer then felt a tremble as he heard his dragon Pokemon take a step with a sinister growl. Sen whipped his head around, his eyes falling upon a rather pissed-off Breaker. "...Breaker? Why are you..." The trainer then caught a glimpse of white out of the corner of his eyes, finally noticing the crumbs of a nearly finished quiche trailing towards the sleeping Rogue Pokemon. Sen's complexion immediately paled.

Oh.

"Breaker, return!"

And with a quick draw motion that would even make a Miltankboy proud, Sen pitched a Pokeball at Breaker and encased him within the capsule. The dark haired youth immediately sighed a breath of relief. "That was a close one..." The trainer then turned to Ethan and offered a handshake with a weary smile.

"S'all good, your Crawdaunt didn't do anything too serious. The name's Sen by the way. Nice to meet ya."

((I'll be going away for a few days on a camping trip, so I won't be posting for a while))

While Sen was having a pleasant conversation with Ethan, Jake scrambled about cleaning up the camp. He swept up the quiche crumbs, picked up the bowls that had been dropped, scooped his items back into his bag, and shut off Sen's portable mini-oven. Exhausted from the stress of the day's events, Jake climbed up into a tree, settling comfortably in the boughs of the tree. He promptly fell asleep, his loud snoring waking every Pokemon within fifty feet of the camp.

Last edited:
Ethan pulled out his Crawdaunt's Pokeball, and returned the lobster like creature back into its capsule.

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that. So Sen, where are you guys headed?" Ethan replied, looking up at the sky.

((Have fun Zepyh! :p))

Sen absently scratched his head as he observed the new from head to toe. "Jake and I were headed eastward to get to a training area I know of." The young dragon tamer then pointed a thumb at the snoring trainer behind him and gave an apologetic smile. "That's Jake by the way, he's a bit...Noisy when he sleeps, but he's a good guy." After introducing his rather loud companion, Sen gave the most friendliest smile he could muster to Ethan and returned the young man's question back to him.

"What about you Ethan? Where are ya heading to?"

"Oh, I think I was headed the same place. You see, I'm a dark type trainer, and I-" Ethan stopped, noticing an Umbreon standing in their midst.

"Is that your Umbreon?" Ethan asked eagerly.

((sorry for the info dump. I want to move the plot along so I'll be including some background info in order to set it up a bit.))

"Ah. He's not mine I'm afraid." Sen said with a sheepish smile and then turned to Ethan with a surprised look as he realized what he had heard. "The same...Place?" The young dragon tamer narrowed his eyes in suspicion. The underground caverns of Victory Road were only known by a select minority and even fewer were allowed to train in its treacherous depths. The one's that were granted access however, all received a medallion made of a bluish-white metal and were indicted into the secret society. The medallion itself had a simplified map of Unova engraved on its surface and was made of an ore only found within the said caverns. Therefore, it was nearly impossible to forge the medallions and was a sure-fire way of telling a real member from a fake. So the moment Ethan said that they were heading to the same place Sen immediately went on guard and prepared to ask the trainer to show his medallion - if he had one that is. There was also the question of how the young man seem to have the knowledge of their destination. So It was a very real possibility that Ethan was just a passerby 'dark trainer' that was trying to cash in some prey.

It wasn't often, but Sen have met the said bandits on the road in the past and they would often use the 'we are both heading in the same direction, let's travel together!' tactic under the guise of a friendly trainer in order to take advantage of naive travelling noobies. He'd fallen for this very scheme the first time he'd went on a journey and had nearly payed the price with his Pokemon being taken from him. Fortunately he got lucky that night and the young trainer had been able to get away to safety.So although Ethan looked like a decent guy, there was always that slight chance the new acquaintance could turn out to be one of those brigands.

However, there was also the possibility that the young trainer was just a friendly passerby trainer who genuinely thought that they were going to the same area. But the black haired youth could not risk endangering his organization nor the safety of his group without being certain that Ethan was either an innocent or another member.

Making his choice, Sen slowly reached into his jacket and pulled out the crystalline blue-white medallion and turned to Ethan with a grim face. First things first. He had to make sure that Ethan was a member. Confirming he that he's just an innocent trainer would have to come later.

"...Do you recognize this?"

((I love info dumps.))

Ethan stopped observing the Umbreon and turned to Sen, holding out a medallion that looked all too familiar. It was then that the Umbreon began to glow, quickly looking around Ina confused manner.

"Ah, yes. You see..." Ethan pulled out a pokeball, and released his now awaken Crawdaunt. The lobster like Pokemon stood proud in front of his trainer, slowly clapping his claws. Ethan the retrieved his medallion from his bag, and touched his Crawdaunt with the rare token. Instantly, the star at the top of his head began to glow as well.

"...the metal in which they made this out of causes dark types to glow, scientists still haven't figured out why." Ethan said calmly, looking at the Umbreon once again. Shifting his glance back to Sen, Ethan continued.

" Oh, and I figured we would be going to the same place once I saw your Garchomp. It takes the best of the best to train one of those, so if figured you would be going to Victory road when you mentioned a 'Trainer Place.'"

(I hope it’s okay if I join? If it is, I also hope you don’t mind a small backstory to get Jacob to this point?)

“Are you ready, Jacob?” Grimsly asked. The two men stood outside a small, wooden house in the middle of the forest. But it was no ordinary log cabin.

“Let’s do it,” Jacob replied. Grimsly nodded.

“Very well; follow me, and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” Grimsly smirked as the two of them entered the shack. It was a small building, with only a staircase leading down. Jacob and Grimsly slowly and quietly crept down the stairs, entering the Team Plasma base. When they reached the bottom, they quickly hid behind the wall. Jacob slowly stretched out his neck, looking around the corner. There, just several yards away stood a host of Team Plasma grunts and scientists, working with machines that Jacob did not recognize. He looked over at Grimsly who shook his head. Grimsly reached into his pocket and pulled out a remote control. He pushed the button, and all of a sudden red lights began to flash throughout the hideout. The scientists and all the grunts ran out of the room, quickly.

Grimsly turned to Jacob with a sly look on his face and nodded. Together, the two of them continued their way through the hideout, finally reaching a heavy wooden door. Grimsly pushed some buttons on the keypad to the left of the doorway, and the door swung open. Jacob and Grimsly entered to see Ghesis himself standing alone.

“Finally,” Grimsly said, releasing a pokeball. Bisharp appeared at his side.

“Yes,” Jacob added, releasing his own pokemon, an Excadrill named Zed. Ghetsis smiled, but he didn’t say a word. It was Grimsly who gave the next order.

“Bisharp, use slash!” Grimsly’s Bisharp rushed ahead, but not towards Ghetsis; Bisharp slammed his glowing arm into Zed(Excadrill)’s stomach, sending the pokemon flying backwards into the wall.

“Zed!” Jacob called out. “What are you do-” Jacob began, but Bisharp placed his blade on Jacob’s throat before he could finish. Grimsly smiled.

“Come on,” Grimsly replied. “You didn’t think all of this was too easy? I mean, I felt for certain when I knew the passcode here you would’ve figured something was wrong!” Grimsly chuckled as Jacob looked over at Zed. The pokemon had disappeared, only a whole in the ground remaining. Jacob turned back towards Grimsly, and smiled. Grimsly furrowed his brow, attempting to understand the situation, but it was too late. Zed leapt out from the ground beneath Bisharp, pushing the pokemon to the ground. “Bisharp, use shadow ball!” Grimsly shouted, but Jacob and Zed were already gone, vanished, back to the underground. Grimsly turned to Ghetsis, who looked back angrily.

“Find him.”

Jacob rushed through the woods. He wasn’t sure exactly where he was but he had to keep moving. He had gone as far underground as Zed(Excadrill) could take him, but he wasn’t safe yet. He knew that Team Plasma would still be looking for him, not to mention one of the elite four.

As he continued walking forward, he heard voices up ahead. Jacob crept into the bushes and slowly inched closer and closer. He could make out two people speaking to one another, a Crawdant and an Umbreon. Both these pokemon began to glow; Jacob had never seen anything like it before. He watched carefully, but he was very tired, and had to shift his legs to remain low to the ground. As he did, he made a loud snap. Jacob hoped the trainers had not heard him; he couldn’t know who was working for Team Plasma and who was not.

Ethan quickly turned around when he heard an alarming snap. The noise was quite loud, meaning whatever made the sound was larger than most wild Pokemon in the area. Ethan turned to Sen, motioning to be quiet. Crouching and moving stealthily, Ethan released another of his Pokemon, a Houndoom, to carefully approach with him. They were almost at the bush now.

"Hello? Anyone there? If you mean trouble, I suggest you don't try anything, as this Houndoom is pretty feisty!"

As Jacob watched the Houndoom approach him, he reached for his own pokeball, but stopped midway through. He stood his hands raised.

"No no; I'm not here to fight," Jacob said, carefully watching the young trainers and their pokemon. "I just need some help. Can you tell me where I am?"

"We're on Route 11." Ethan said, tilting his head slightly in confusion. His Houndoom sat down in a more relaxed state, still alert however.

"Are you ok? You seem to have been hiding." Ethan said, whilst recalling his Crawdaunt. The lobster disappeared into a white light, then returned to it's Poke-ball.

"Uh, yea," Jacob replied. "Everything's fine." Jacob decided it would be better not to tell anyone anything about Team Plasma's hunting him. The fewer people who knew who he was, or where he was, the better, he figured. At the very least, he wouldn't tell complete strangers. Jacob stepped out of the bushes. "My name's Jacob," Jacob said outstretching his hand. "I'm a trainer from Numeva Town." Everything he said was true so far; the easiest lies were the ones where he told the truth. Although, it would certainly be easier to hide in a crowd. Maybe he could stick with these trainers. "Where are you guys headed?" he asked.

Ethan looked over at Sen, contemplating what he should say. Okay, so you met a stranger. Who was hiding in the bushes. Right next to your camp. Yeah, that seems a bit strange. This guy is setting off some red flags.

"The real question is, what where you doing in those bushes? And where did you come from?" Ethan said in a serious tone, his Houndoom standing back up.

((Feel free to join Acroticus :p))

Sen quickly hid the medallion in his jacket when he saw someone come out of the bushes and regarded the new arrival with wary eyes. It seems that he would be able to trust Ethan since he was a 'member,' but to think he would meet a comrade in a place like this... In anycase, the young dragon tamer put a hold on to his thoughts as he patiently waited for the stranger's response. He would contemplate things later. For now, there was a possible new threat for him to deal with.

Jacob paused for some time before answering, and he could tell his audience was getting tense. They didn't look like Team Plasma members; especially with the Houndoom, since Team Plasma members were generally restricted to Unova pokemon. While he couldn't trust them 100%, Jacob figured it would be best for him to come clean.

"I was being chased by... by Team Plasma. I barely escaped but I figured I should be very cautious from now on. You never know who is working for them..."

Sen let his guard down. Judging by the look in Jacob's eyes, it didn't look like the trainer was lying. However, what the young man had said caused a new worry to sprout up in the dragon tamer's heart. Team Plasma. This was not good. The black haired youth looked at Jacob with a frown and spoke with a clipped voice.

"Where did ya see them last?"

"I... I can't really tell you for certain. We were at a hideout that must have been.... at least a mile, mile and a half from here. I'm really not sure; I escaped underground, and Zed(Excadrill) and I were afraid to come up at all for some time." Jacob looked to his side. He had bumped his hip pretty hard in the escape, and it was beginning to swell. Jacob pulled his shirt over the wound, and continued talking to the man. "But Team Plasma has got people everywhere... even in the Elite Four.... I think if I'm with a group, they shouldn't be brazen enough to attack me, so if its not too much trouble, could I stick with you guys? Just for a little while?"

This was disconcerting news. To think that a Team Plasma base was situated so close to the main road. He was going to have to report this when he got back to base, but for now, they were going to have to get a move on. There was no doubt that Jacob's pursuers were nearby and the fact that a member of the Elite Four was among them didn't help the dragon tamer calm his nerves. The Elite Four weren't called 'Elite' without good reason and Sen had no intention of bringing his group under fire with such a dangerous character.

The young man nodded at Jacob's request, "Alright, I'm fine with ya comin along, but I don't know how the others will feel about it." Sen then turned to Ethan with a serious look, "but you're going to have to say your piece quickly Ethan. We need to move. Now. I don't like the prospect of having to fight an Elite Four without an advantage."

"Hmm." Ethan thought quickly, as this was some discouraging information.

"We should probably avoid any main roads until we reach HQ. If Jacob did just infiltrate their base, they had to have gotten a good look at his face and features. There are probably groups waiting for us. Then again, we could always fly to base." This was all a rush, as they had to think fast. For all they knew, Team Plasma could be surrounding them as they speak. Ethan turned to Sen.

"What do you think we should do?"