• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Special Trainers

"Dayum, fair play Caleb," Rocco chuckled in disbelief. Rocco then looked at the door, as he was starting to become impatient. "Are they playing music ear-bleedingly loud or something?" Rocco said. He wanted to crack a joke since it was the only way to not make him frustrated with waiting.

"Maybe you should try again." Kasai said to Calypso. The Piplup nocked on the door again with her beak. "Lit lit." Tania said. The Litleo pawed at the door. One of the pokeballs on Kasai's belt shook slightly. It seemed that Electro wanted out, for reasons unknown to the Helioptile's trainer.

Caleb would lean against the door, looking at both Rocco and Kasai. "We're sure they're alive in there, right? I don't wanna stand out here all night just to find out that there's not even anyone inside," Caleb would say, clearly frustrated. "I mean, how long have we been waiting out here?"

Caleb would walk through the door, followed by his Pokemon. "Uh-huh, yeah. Let's just get down to business. We need to find a way to retaliate. Violently or otherwise." Caleb would say, surveying his surroundings as his Pokemon found comfortable spots to rest. Anubis leaning against the wall, and Khione and Mirage would lay on the floor.

Rocco was going to make a comment about how long they had to wait but realised how genuinely sorry and embarrassed she was with leaving guests outside. "Um...It's okay, don't worry about it," Rocco thanked Mitsuko as he entered her home. Rocco looked around as he made his way to the meeting room, checking out all the pictures and objects that were laid around the house. "Okay let's get to business. My name is Rocco and this is my partner Hitmonlee," Rocco gestured to Hitmonlee who was following closely behind him as he entered after saying his announcement. "He then remembered that the meeting had already started and that he just interrupted it. "Oh uh, sorry about showing up a tad late, please excuse us," Rocco said whilst bowing. Hitmonlee mimicked Rocco and bowed also.

Joel cleared his throat discreetly, and repositioned himself in his chair. "We were just discussing our recent run-ins with Team Rocket," he explained for the two late trainers, "It seems that they are after a lot of people here, including myself, because of our powers. Have you had any trouble with them?"

Caleb would nod. "Yeah, on multiple occasions. Had to incapacitate a few of them on an occasion or two." Anubis would smirk at the mention of knocking out several Team Rocket members. "We came up with a few ideas already. We think they're trying to capture us to harness our powers to use for their own advantage."

Rocco just simply stared Joel with raised eyebrows and a slightly open mouth. Rocco then stared at Caleb with the same face whilst he said. Rocco then awkwardly looked around the room as he realised that he hadn't had an epic story to tell and hadn't experienced any problems with Team Rocket yet. "I um... I haven't had any problems with them yet," Rocco said with lowered confidence as he pointed to himself.

"That's good." Caleb would say, though it may have come across as a surprise, considering his usually cold behavior. "A single member of Team Rocket is weak. But they attack in large groups, or try to outsmart or out-maneuver you. Be grateful."

"I'm sorry to hear that, I guess I am lucky," Rocco said as he glanced over to Hitmonlee,Hitmonlee looked back at Rocco and looked back at his feet. "Well... is that the reason for this then, to discuss a solution for Team Rocket causing us paranoia and sleeping with an eye open," Rocco asked the group.

"So it would seem. Fighting back could be an option, but do we have the numbers and strength to do so? I know just because we're all gifted with these powers doesn't mean we all are good at battling with Pokemon. I could probably keep them off me for a good while, but I'd rather not be looking over my shoulder my entire life. We need to find a permanent solution, or at least a temporary long-term one."

"The police are looking for them" Mitsuki added, "But, I'm not sure what 'normal' people would think of us. I mean, the last thing we want is team rocket and the whole region of Kanto on our bad side."

"Possibly go into hiding, make a fortress of some kind and make it so only our kind lives there," Rocco suggested as he scratched the back of his head since he was spit balling ideas at this point.

"The Police have been 'looking' for Team Rocket for years. It doesn't take a genius to realize they're well funded, and that they are clearly bribing the Kanto officials." Caleb would put his hand to his chin, contemplating ideas. Then, one struck him. "We could relocate to a different region, where Team Rocket isn't heavily populated. Sinnoh's an option. So is Hoenn, Kalos, or Unova. They could still send hunters after us, but there wouldn't be as many. In the meantime, we could formulate a permanent solution."

He'd nod towards Rocco. "That's an idea, too. But then we'd draw attention to ourselves."

"I didn't mean a literal fortress, I'm meaning a place for our kind can live peacefully away from those meanies," Rocco was trying to put of humor in the situation even though it probably wasn't the best time for it. He does this when he gets a bit nervous.

"I get where you're coming from, Mitsuko. But, can you afford getting caught by Team Rocket, either? What we need is a way to retaliate. We need to figure out what their specific interest in our kind is. Why are they trying to take us? How do we counter it? Can we counter it? Before anything else, we need to answer these kinds of questions."

"We wouldn't do it legally, if we did there would be costs and we'll be in the public so it will be piss easy for any to spot us, if any Team Rocket members are where ever we happen to be I mean," Rocco said. "We're in a real pickle aren't we," Rocco said as he put his hands on his hips and looked at the ceiling deep in thought.

"Does anybody else have any ideas?" Caleb would look around the room. He'd eye all the other trainers and their Pokemon. "Any ideas at all? We're in a fight for survival here, there are no horrible answers." He'd say. *Let's hope I'm right in that regard, at least. We can't afford getting caught by Team Rocket. Whatever their goals are.* Caleb thought to himself.

Rocco pondered in thought as he continued to stare at the ceiling. Then it hit him, an idea! Rocco's eyes opened and he looked around the room at the group. "Guys, I've got a plan...You're not going to like it, but it's a plan nonetheless," Rocco announced.

Rocco kept opening and closing his mouth, hesitant to start his explanation. Rocco sighed and just went for it. "Okay, so there's two ways we can go about my plan," Rocco held up two fingers as he spoke. "One, we could get someone to go undercover and infiltrate Team Rocket HQ and get intel... Or two we could dare I say it, get someone captured, they find out their plans and we break them out again," As soon as Rocco finished speaking he put his hands behind his back and looked down, nervous on how they others will react to his proposal.

"It could work, our chances may be greater in our favor if someone were to infiltrate it." Caleb would slowly say, thinking over the plan. "It's practically a suicide mission either way." Caleb would look back at his Pokemon, and they'd all nod, smirking. He'd share their smirk. "I volunteer." He'd say, looking at them all.

Rocco jaw dropped and his eyes opened even more and stared at Caleb with a shocked face. He then looked at everyone else with the same face, making sure that he wasn't the only one freaking about Caleb's statement. Rocco then paused as he tried to process what just happened and thought that he possibly misheard him. "I um... I wasn't expecting that," Rocco said.

*By Mew. She's serious, isn't she?* Caleb would think, genuinely surprised. "You sure, Mitsuko? There's a large chance whoever goes on this mission may not come back." He didn't like being that blunt, but he had to make sure she knew the risks. He didn't like bringing others in this with him, especially since he knew their odds.

"Alright. I already know where one of their largest bases is. The Silph Co. building in Saffron City. Mitsuko, let me know when you're ready, and we'll head out." Caleb didn't like knowing he'd be responsible for looking out for someone else other than himself and his Pokemon. This mission just got a lot more complicated for him.

Rocco snickered and looked at Mitsuko. "You don't have to be boy to be in Team Rocket I'm pretty sure, I guess they won't suspect it's you though," Rocco said.

"They already know what I look like so dressing as a boy would be an easy fix." She went to the kitchen and brought out a pair of scissors. "Besides I have a pretty flat chest and know I have short hair" she then cut off her braid and let it fall to the ground. Mitsuko ruffled her newly cut hair, "what do you think?" she asked the awestruck room.

"I'll admit, this just might work." Caleb would admit. "Meet me at the Pokemon Center in Saffron tomorrow. I'll have our disguises by then, or, I should, anyways." He'd walk out of the door, his Pokemon following him.