• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Special Trainers

Hello, everyone! Welcome to this role play.
Discussion

http://pokecharms.com/threads/the-special-trainers-role-play-discussion.14392/

You and a bunch of other trainers are different than your ordinary trainer. You have something special about you just like every other trainer that is in that room that you're meeting in to discuss what you should do.
People with powers such as yours are much wanted between evil organizations such as Team Rocket. With such power comes much responsibility... and if it's put into the wrong hands, the world as we know it could be in danger.

Bio:
Name:
Looks:
Personality traits:
Backstory (Optional):
Powers (Up to three):
Pokemon (Up to three):

////////////////////
My Character:
Name:
Mitsuko (Likes to be called Suko)
Looks: Brown side braid, bright blue eyes, light blue dress, freckles, brown belt with poke balls attached, brown boots, blue crystal necklace.
Personality traits: Optimistic, strong leader, kind, helpful, loves to sing (That's not a personality trait XD)
Backstory (Optional): Mitsuko is a runaway orphan, she knew her whole life she would never fit in. So she became a trainer and aimed for the Pokemon league.
Powers: (Up to two): Can talk to/understand Pokemon, Can use the moves Swift, Heal pulse and echoed voice.
Pokemon (Up to three):
Sylveon (Sylph)
Cottonee (Nee)
Noibat (Echo)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mitsuko felt nervous as she made everything was in order. The shelves of her house were neat and tidy and the tables had plenty of poke puffs and treats. She had never imagined that she would find so many trainers with the same or similar powers as herself. It was only last month that they all had been threatened by team rocket. Now she was holding a meeting to get to know these trainers and figure out a situation. Knock Knock. "Sylph I think they're here!" Mitsuko exclaimed heading to the door with her Sylveon. Nee, her Cottonee and Echo her Noibat waited patiently for their new friends to come.

Last edited:
Charles had knocked on the door of Mitskuo's house, as Kogoro was in his arms, while Noel and Serah were alongside him. Noel clung onto his leg, as Serah giggled at him and said, "Pichu..."
Noel replied while he shook his snout in a horizontal motion, as he said, "Cyndaquil.. cynda..." Charles waited patiently for an answer, as Kogoro dozed off in his arms and snored quietly.

Mitsuko opened the door, beaming, "Hello there!" she greeted, her eyes twinkling with excitement "I'm Mitsuko, welcome!" She led the boy into her small, cozy house. She gasped as she saw the little baby Dragonite sleeping in the boy's arms, "OH MY GOODNESS! That is the cutest thing ever!" She squealed, "Oh, I forgot to ask for your name.."

Joel was the next to arrive at Suko' house, holding Psiana, his beloved espeon in his arms. He'd never come across anyone else who had powers like his before, and thus, he'd accepted Suko's invitation to the little get-together. It'd do him and his pokemon some good to make some friends, after all.

He rapped at the door, waiting for a response.

Charles went inside with Mitskuo, as he replied to her after he cleared his throat, "Well, I understand that he's cute and adorable, but please try to be a little less loud, he could be a little startled in his nap. Anyway, I'm Charles, and this is my baby Dragonite, as his name is Kogoro. Behind me are Noel, who is a timid Cyndaquil, and Serah, the Pichu that is outgoing."

Serah stood next to a table that had a lot of Poké Puffs and treats, as Noel timidly stood by Charles's leg. He patted the baby Dragonite that was asleep, as he chuckled at him and said, "Oh silly Dragonite, you just like to sleep a lot don't you?"

Robert also came right after Joel with his Furret and Sylveon and knocked on the after coming late. Robert and Furret we're very excited to see new people and make new friends however Sylveon was a bit shy about it. After Robert knocked on the door, he waited patiently at the door.

Last edited:
Joel smiled as he was let into the house, tightening his grip on Psiana when she spotted the pokepuffs on the table, and tried to make a run for them.

A few other people were already there, and he bowed to Suko as he introduced himself.

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Joel Shirayuki."

Kasai walked to the house with Tania and Calypso at his side. He spotted someone else at the door and decided to wait until that person had been let in. "Piplup." Calypso said. Tania repeated the water type's message. Kasai turned to the Piplup. "I know you're hungry, but waiting until that person is let in is the polite thing to do."

Robert saw that people were already here. Robert grabbed Furret when he saw the pokepuffs on the table so she wouldn't go and eat them all.

Robert decided to introduce himself. "Hello everyone my name is Robert." he said before sitting down at the table and letting go of Furret to play.

"Thank you," Joel beamed as he took a seat by the table, setting Psiana down on the floor before he let his other pokemon, Ai the glameow, and Gutsy the grumping out of their pokeballs, to play with the other pokemon. Ai bounded over to a furret, swishing her tail as she prepared to pounce on the pokemon. She loved to play-fight, even if she could be a little too rough at times.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," Joel said amicably, sitting bolt upright in his chair.

Charles sat next to Joel as his seat was parallel on its right side towards the table. He continued to hold the baby Dragonite who was still asleep in his arms, as Noel and Serah stood by him and looked around at everyone.

Charles turned towards Joel and said to him as he stroked Kogoro's back gently, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you too. So what's your name? I'm Charles, Kogoro is my baby Dragonite, Noel is the Cyndaquil, and Serah is the Pichu that's by my leg."

"My name is Joel," the black-haired man simply said, "I'm here with Psiana, my espeon, Ai, my glameow, and Gutsy, my grumping."

Gutsy groaned as he eyed the pokepuffs, but after a sharp glare from Joel, the psychic type was back under control.

"It's nice to meet you!" Mitsuko chirped "My name is Mitsuko, This is Sylph," She pointed to her Sylveon, "That's Echo, my Niobat and Nee my Cottonee!" She introduced each Pokemon.

"Hello there!" Robert said to the others "that's Furru," pointing to the Furret that was playing with the others "and this is Sylvy." But when he introduced her, she ran underneath Robert's chair to hide, Robert grabbed Sylvy and said "Sorry she's shy when it comes to meeting new people, and it's nice to meet you all." Robert finished.

Last edited:
Madame Mabayo strutted into the room. She looked around the room, glaring, almost. "Good day." Madame Mabayo said, fanning herself with her enormous pink feahter fan. Chandelure moved slightly out of the way each time the fan brushed past her.

Mitsuko felt intimidated by Mabayo. "So as most of you know, we have all been threatened by groups such as team Rocket" she began, feeling somewhat awkward leading when there was adults in the room. "Since people know about us, we're in pretty big danger"

"Team Rocket?" Madame Mabayo stopped fanning herself at the sound of the name. "What do they want with us?" Madame Mabayo sashayed around, looking at all the other members of the group.

"Well, a little while back, a group of Team Rocket grunts approached me, and tried to steal my pokemon," Joel offered, "But then, I made the mistake of using my la bestia attack to save my pokemon, and since then, I've been stalked by Team Rocket. Seems like they're now interested in me because of my powers."

Kasai heard all this from outside and agreed fully. Calypso the Piplup ran over to the door and knocked on it with her beak. "Litleo." Tania said. She walked up to the water type and sat next to the water type. Kasai sighed then joined them.

"Surely the best response would be to fight them? Teach them not to mess with us?" Madame Mabayo's face darkened after saying the word 'fight'.

"Well we could try to avoid them the best we can," Robert said "we could fight them but only if we had to and if we do then we should avoid using are powers the best way possible." Robert added to the conversation.

Mitsuko bit her lip, "I'm not a seasoned trainer. I only have gotten two badges in my whole life!" She exclaimed, "Not all of us are strong enough to beat them, and they usually fight in pacts"

Caleb would see the house of this "Mitsuko" person he'd heard about. Using his Aura, he'd identify that there were several other individuals, each one containing a unique aura about them. "Anubis, you sense this too?" Caleb would ask Anubis, his Lucario. "Yes, I sense it too. There's also numerous Pokemon inside, presumably the Pokemon of the trainers." He'd nod at him. Though normal people would've just heard Anubis saying "Lucario," Caleb's abilities allowed him to understand Anubis, as well as his Umbreon, Mirage, and his Glaceon, Khione. "Well then, let's introduce ourselves, shall we?" The group would walk up to the front door and Caleb would knock.

Rocco was late for the meeting and was sprinting to the house that they had organised to meet at. "We did it again Hitmonlee," "Hitmon!" (Why didn't your alarm go off!) "I don't know, guess I forgot to set it," Rocco and Hitmonlee reached the house and knocked on the door panting heavily. "This isn't gonna be the best first impression is it?" Rocco chuckled. Hitmonlee simply looked back at him with an angry look.

Caleb would look at the tired trainer and his Hitmonlee. "You're not the only ones that're late," he'd say to the two, reassuringly. "My Pokemon and I just got here a bit ago ourselves. They seem like they're deep in conversation, so we may be waiting a bit, so I recommend relaxing, for the moment." Behind the dark-skinned trainer would stand his three Pokemon, eyeing Rocco and Hitmonlee.

"Okay thanks for the heads up," Rocco fell to his but and Hitmonlee leaned on the door beside the door and looked at the three Pokemon. Hitmonlee nodded at Lucario knowing that he was a fellow fighting type. Rocco looked up at the trainer and held out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Rocco, you?"

Anubis would give the Hitmonlee a respectful nod back. Caleb would grab Rocco's hand, shaking it. "The name's Caleb Lasky. These three behind me are my Pokemon. Anubis, Khione, and Mirage." The Lucario, Glaceon, and Umbreon would nod their heads to Rocco, respectively. "I'm assuming you also possess some sort of power?" Caleb would ask.

Roco slowly lied down on the ground with his arm on his face after doing the handshake, because of how out of breath he still was in. Hitmonlee rolled his eyes at the sight of Rocco dying from the fact that he's out of shape. "This is my buddy Hitmonlee, we've through a lot together," Rocco gestured to Hitmonlee and Hitmonlee waved to Caleb. "Yeah...you assumed right... and I'm assuming you're... here for the same reason..." Rocco paused every other second to continue catch his breath.

"Yeah, that's right. I'm-" he'd look back at his Lucario. "Anubis, can you hit this guy with a Heal Pulse real quick?" Anubis would nod, and lift both his hand sup, facing Rocco. An aura would wash over Rocco, revitalizing him. He'd then continue. "Thanks, Anubis. Anyway, like I was saying, I can harness the powers of this thing called 'Aura,' which you usually don't see Pokemon other than Riolu and Lucario utilizing. I can also understand what Pokemon say, whether I have a connection with them or not."

Rocco reacted to being hit with Heal Pulse. "Hoo, ha that felt weird. Cheers Anubis," Rocco said as he stood up. "I can do a bit aura as well actually, but I can only see Pokemon's emotions. For example, Hitmonlee's feeling fed up and all your Pokemon are relatively calm. I can speak to Pokemon as well. That might be involved with aura as well I'm not sure." Rocco explained. "I wonder what powers everyone else has," Rocco pondered in thought, letting his imagination go wild in his head.

"I've met a few other people with these special abilities in my travels. Most of them have the ability to speak with Pokemon, so I imagine the people here possess that ability to at least a certain degree. When we approached, Anubis and I felt a unique kind of aura radiating from each individual in there, so I'm sure they all possess some different kind of powers. Until we find out, though, it's just waiting here patiently for us.," Caleb said.

"Woah, that's awesome that you can do that. You're the first I've met who is the same as me, the town I was raised in chased me out with an angry mob, so Hitmonlee has just trying to find somewhere that we can be accepted..." Roco paused as he tried to hold back a tear after remembering how much he missed his home, his friends, and family. A tear fell from his eye despite his intention of holding them back. Hitmonlee looked at Rocco with a sympathetic look since he knew exactly how Rocco felt.

Caleb would nod, understanding. His facial expression would remain blank, however. "I've heard similar stories, people being driven out of their own towns because people treat them like they chose to be born with their abilities. Luckily for me, I didn't have any trouble. My ability to speak to Pokemon and understand them has been with me since birth, but my other powers manifested when I reached, about, nine years old." He'd be tossing one of his Pokemon's Pokeball up and down, clearly bored, waiting for someone to answer the door.

Rocco wiped his eyes after feeling embarrassed thinking that he was a wimp rather than a powerful Pokemon trainer with powers. "Terribly sorry...*sniff* so uh... where about's did you grow up then?" Rocco asked trying to change the subject. Hitmonlee decided that he was being a bit rough on Rocco today so he put his hands on his shoulder and said. "Hitmon-Hit," (Don't worry about crying and being tough, everyone's been through the same as you here,") Hitmonlee said softly trying to make him feel better. "Th-thank you Hitmonlee," Rocco said as he sniffled and wiped his eyes some more.

Again, Caleb would just have that blank expression. "Well, I was born and raised in Sinnoh, in Jubilife City. I got Mirage there, and we set out to conquer the gyms and the league. We succeeded, as well as picking up Khione and Anubis along the way. You're looking at the champion of the 11th Annual Sinnoh League Tournament." He'd manage a slight smirk.

Last edited:
Rocco looked at Caleb in awe and an open mouth in disbelief as to what he just heard. "W-what?! Sinnoh League? Champion?" Rocco wanted to spit out a thousand questions but only those words oozed out his mouth. Rocco looked at Hitmonlee and he had wide open eyes in reaction to Caleb's statement as well.

"Yeah. We had the help of a lot of other strong Pokemon, though. I only brought these three with me." Caleb said. *I have to admit, I've never seen someone get this worked up from the revelation that I beat a League Tournament.* "I've gone to a few different other leagues in different regions as well. However, I didn't win most of them, but came pretty close."