• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Got basically rejected/kicked out of the last place I was staying at, and honestly 3 days was already much more than I was expecting. I found a new place for now, though, and I'm much, MUCH more comfortable here. It's definitely somewhere my parents would never think about looking/asking about, which is an even bigger plus.

Only downside is it's far from all my friends' places and I tend to be the one who picks everyone up, but that's okay. I'm fine with this.

4 days until the move.

So this weekend my sister and her friend are going to SMASH (Anime convention in Sydney), and my mum and I have been dragged along.

...and I'm not sure how I feel about it…..

I'm not really a convention person, I don't cosplay, I'm very unconfident in myself, and I HATE crowded areas (yeah, I'm slightly claustrophobic). Also I'm not a HUGE anime fan either, I only watch a few (like D.Grey Man and Soul Eater), so I don't know how well I'm going to fit in. Walking through the art section is probably going to make me hate my own art even more as well :/

I just hope they're going to be selling some Pokemon stuff there, because tbh that is the only reason I came along. If there isn't I'll be a wasted trip (to me anyway). Hopefully if they do have Pokemon merch it will be official stuff, not knockoff trash. I guess I'll just have to be extra careful.

So yeah….

Oh God, I'm going to look so dumb next to my sister and her friend (who are cosplaying as White Rabbit Sabastian and Cheshire cat Grell from Ciel in Wonderland). I might have to bring along some plushies or something. Maybe my big Wailord? Hopefully that will make me fit in a bit more?

Gather around, Charmsians, I have a story to tell you.

So yesterday I went to my grandmother's house out in Orlando, and my 14 year old cousin Ashley was there, as she is every week. Now, she and my brother Kevin have a major cousin rivalry, so it's always fun to see them in the same room together. So Ashley and Kevin are fighting with "unbreakable" weapons (Kevin ended up breaking his ruler), and at one point Ashley gets afraid that Kevin is going to mark her with Sharpie, so she, of all places, drags me into a closet, where we are hiding. I jokingly tell her "I went to get out of the closet but I tripped", and we hear noises. She tells to adjust so I can blend in easier, and I scrape the back of my leg right near my heel on something in Ashley's Target bag. So I'm just sitting there in immense pain and five minutes later I touch my cut, and realize I'm bleeding. She flashes a light on my cut and there is blood everywhere. And that is the story of how I hurt myself in the closet.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Finally at @Ruko and @DoggyEar's place and pretty much settled down. The two of them seem to have crashed since they've been up for like, 20 hours now. I'm really grateful for all the stuff they've done for me (and also all the stuff DE's mom has done as well) and I hope I can figure out my life from here ;w; I'm still extremely nervous and worried so I hope everything works out.

I woke up this morning to find a barbie head floating in the toilet. When I consulted my cousin about it, she said that she was giving her barbie a bath in the sink, and accidentally decapitated it on the sink faucet. She couldn't find the head after that, and I don't know why she didn't see it, because how often do you find floating heads in your toilet? :p

Also, how the hell do you decapitate a barbie with a faucet?

Guys, I just wanted to let you know I'm going on hiatus again.. something happened earlier and it completely crushed my spirits and I don't want to be on the site if I feel I might negatively affect some other members on the site... I think a few days will be enough. See you guys soon.

Guys, I just wanted to let you know I'm going on hiatus again.. something happened earlier and it completely crushed my spirits and I don't want to be on the site if I feel I might negatively affect some other members on the site... I think a few days will be enough. See you guys soon.
Sorry! Cya soon!

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
Just sharinn...
Its my first time manning the desk SOLO tonight and boy ow boy did it feel like FNAF hotel edition minus the jump scares and power control.. :p it wasquite stressful and I feel like rewarding myself or something.. :(

Summer goes fine until Fact and Fee day happens. It's a real reality check.

I have a week. One week. Then it's school. So much school. I need to find a way to become 2 kewl 4 skewl.

Pardon me for a minute, I'mma rant for a bit.

So I've been in TX for about two months now and things just keep getting crazier at 'home'(? I dont really know what to call it anymore... the place I'm staying I guess) but Everything seems to have gone south and just keep getting worse. I dont know whether I'm an adult or a child in the eyes of these people, and no matter what I do I always have to be doing something else because I'm "old enough to take care of everything" but apparently I'm not old enough to have time to myself. Honestly the only day that I want to myself is Saturday cause that's when I have D&D but even after being told that as soon as i got here everyone just pesters me to get the hell off my computer and get a 'life'. Well sorry but I would have a life if I hadn't come here, ya know cause I CANT FUCKING LEAVE THE HOUSE!!! I didn't ask to be put in this situation, I came to support my mother and my brothers while my dad is in the Caribbean for med school. I did not come to be treated like a 12 year old by the people who are expecting me to take care of two toddlers and my own brothers on top of trying to find a fucking job because apparently I'm a lazy no good bum who is a drain on the house because I dont bring anything into it.
I just dont know anymore. And it doesn't help that in me moving here I have lost most contact with my best friends back in WA, and I dont know ANYONE my own age here. I just feel so fucking lost now. I just dont know what I'm suppose to do... I cant go back to WA because I dont want to be a burden on any of my friends there and I have No money to my name to do so, but honestly I dont really want to stay where I am either.

Pardon me for a minute, I'mma rant for a bit.

So I've been in TX for about two months now and things just keep getting crazier at 'home'(? I dont really know what to call it anymore... the place I'm staying I guess) but Everything seems to have gone south and just keep getting worse. I dont know whether I'm an adult or a child in the eyes of these people, and no matter what I do I always have to be doing something else because I'm "old enough to take care of everything" but apparently I'm not old enough to have time to myself. Honestly the only day that I want to myself is Saturday cause that's when I have D&D but even after being told that as soon as i got here everyone just pesters me to get the hell off my computer and get a 'life'. Well sorry but I would have a life if I hadn't come here, ya know cause I CANT FUCKING LEAVE THE HOUSE!!! I didn't ask to be put in this situation, I came to support my mother and my brothers while my dad is in the Caribbean for med school. I did not come to be treated like a 12 year old by the people who are expecting me to take care of two toddlers and my own brothers on top of trying to find a fucking job because apparently I'm a lazy no good bum who is a drain on the house because I dont bring anything into it.
I just dont know anymore. And it doesn't help that in me moving here I have lost most contact with my best friends back in WA, and I dont know ANYONE my own age here. I just feel so fucking lost now. I just dont know what I'm suppose to do... I cant go back to WA because I dont want to be a burden on any of my friends there and I have No money to my name to do so, but honestly I dont really want to stay where I am either.
Ya I just moved to TX too. Well my mom did and im primarily with her. Anyways ya i feel ya and theres a difference between a house and a home. I live in a house imo. Feeling very trapped because my mom is control freak. Can't make friends can only read and pet my Sylveon for comfort.

I just realized my first shiny was a Totodile in my HG game and I picked it (because I thought it looked cool) and then tured the game off and because I was 8 and it was my first real Pokemon game I forgot to save. *sigh*

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
Oh carp I just locked myself outside on accident with no key and no phone..... and I'm the only person home.:'|:@-facpalm-

Well, just got a SHINY RAYQUAZA in Omega Ruby through Mystery Gift, decided that I will rewatch both Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and play through the first Ace Attorney games in order.That's my life right now in a nutshell. :p

Well, just got a SHINY RAYQUAZA in Omega Ruby through Mystery Gift, decided that I will rewatch both Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and play through the first Ace Attorney games in order.That's my life right now in a nutshell. :p
You must be an extremely good multi-tasker, huh?

So, I've been spriting a lot lately. I forgot how fun it was.... So now I have a ton of sprites just kinda hanging out on my computer. Now if only I could finish that other art request I'll feel really good.:?

Earlier today I did an endurance workout, and I just got back from a strength workout and my arms feel like wet noodles. I don't even know how I'm managing to type this. I'm kinda hungry, but I don't feel like getting up to eat. I think I'm going to go play Fire Red now.

I honestly don't understand the basis of dreams sometimes, I had a dream last night that I was at the school where the kids from Ant Farm went to. I haven't watched that show in forever. And then I woke up at 3 in the morning just questioning things and I was thinking (I was thinking as if my dream was real, by the way. I mean, I barely sleep anyways anymore, so I was hella tired) "You know, I haven't seen Fletcher in a long time. They should bring him back."

And then I remembered.

Ant Farm is cancelled.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Tis a sad day. My brother and I discovered last night that K-Mart was having a clearance sale on their electronics so PS4s for 50% off. In other words a $200 system! Other retailers also price match so I figured my brother and I had this covered and we were going to get a PS4 today. Well K-Mart was completely out of stock of PS4s and everywhere else we went had their own reason for not matching prices. Wal-Mart wouldn't do it because they only match prices for in stock items, Target would only match if we had an in-store ad (the sale was online so no ad), Best Buy was savvy enough to realize this was a clearance sale, and Toys R Us only had bundles and wouldn't match for a non-bundled PS4 which the sale was for. And thus my brother and I return home in defeat. Fuck our lives :(

So I have a ton of drawings... but absolutely no motivation to actually ink and color any of them... I had been planning on having them finished by now, but I look at them and go "nope, not creative enough" :T

Help me.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
After hours of dueling with suitcases, stress, narrow roads with banditos, train rides, bums, mountains and desserts with a pinch of fast food junk, finally I am home. I don't think I've been this homesick before, haha.
Let's do this again.

Want some helpful advice from Blue that you probably already know? Well............ Don't EVER try and cram all you schoolwork needed to do over the summer in one single day. I totally didn't do that... Yeah, I did. This will probably go on the emarrasing list with me trying flirting and getting a rock stuck in my hand. I also drew this which was stressful and calming. It's based on how I feel.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Alas the (whatever it is) football season has started again and now my weekends are filled with endless football matches. Bleeeeeeeeeeh.

Okay so even though I just finished watching Cry For Help I'm still crying tears of fangirlyness over when Sardonyx disconnected from each other, that smiling at each other, that hug- spin, oh my.. MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS

Edit: I JUST WATCHED KEYSTONE MOTEL AND OMG WATCHING RUBY AND SAPPHIRE AT THE END MADE ME CRY MORE TEARS HOLY CRAP GUYS WHAT IS LIFE ALSO WHEN RUBY SAID THE BEST PART OF BEING SPLIT UP IS LOOKING AT SAPPHIRE MY HEART LITERALLY CAN'T TAKE THIS WHY REBECCA WHY

Last edited:
A load of stuff has been happening in the past 2 weeks. So I guess I'll write about what's been going on???
  • Went to SMASH! Con (with Meowstic by my side), and tbh it wasn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be. It wasn't overly crowded or anything and I saw some awesome cosplay, including a few Umbreons and Sylveons, and Pikachu of course^^ The convention was actually kinda boring as well, there wasn't many activities to do and if there was they we pretty mediocre, and as we were wandering around we noticed something… WERE IS THE MERCH SECTION??? The main reason why I came along was wasn't there? Luckily after some more searching we found, and honestly It was like Heaven on Earth. Merch as far as the eye could see. Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, AoT, Black Butler, everything! I managed to get a few things including a Torchic plush, a Chespin plush, a Litleo plush (one that I had been wanting for ages), a Rainbow Dash plush, and a Jet the Hawk plush. My sister brought a $140 Sebastian (from Black Butler) figure. And I thought plushies were expensive 0-0 So overall it was a good day, and after experiencing what conventions a really like, I'd be happy to be dragged along to another one XD
  • I got a haircut on Sunday. My hair was getting really long, and since I have really thick hair, it was getting a bit hard maintain. Now it's short and brushing it is a breeze.
  • I had to get up on stage in front of the entire school… I have severe stage fright and confidence issues, so this was absolutely terrifying. Even worse I froze. I tried to speak but nothing came out. So embarrassing...Never doing that again, ever.
  • I'm officially obsessed with Attack on Titan, my new favourite Anime. I spent the entire weekend watching it, and the last time I've been this glued to the screen with an Anime was with D.Grey Man. I've also been watching AoT videos on YouTube and stuff, and OVAs. Can't wait until season 2 comes out, although that'll be awhile D:
  • Yesterday my mum flew up to Brisbane due to work-related stuff. She'll be gone for 3 days, the longest I've ever been without her for. My sister was very emotional about it and I tried to comfort her, which was making me kinda emotional. I tried to keep my shit together though, it was hard. She's been sending us pictures since she arrived, including some selfies which put a smile on my sister's face. I can't wait until she comes back :)
  • I've been drawing quite a lot of anthro stuff lately, and I've been looking up fursuits and whatnot. I think I'm a furry. I absolutely love animals, I love anthro stuff, I think the fursuits look really cool (I'd love to get one someday), and I've always been interested in the furry culture. I've even started working on a Fursona (who is a Spotted Hyena). I really hope people don't think less of me because I'm a Furry.
Uh… I think that's it for now.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heading to Toronto as of Wednesday morning to visit with a close friend and her family. While in the area I'm going to be attending both the Pokemon: Symphonic Evolutions concert and Fan Expo Canada 2015. Can't wait for either of them! I just hope that I have enough spare cash handy by the time Fan Expo rolls around to spend what I usually like. :'|

My heart is broken for the first time. Please, nobody in my family mention school, science or Bates... I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight. I probably just won't... And my brother won't stop nagging about it. I swear I will kill him. And my dad broke his back and can't pay my mom to see us (since there divorced and he had to pay my mom to see his own kids. Isn't that just swell! his life is awful too!) So that's great. I can't stop crying. Please send help, anybody...

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Guess what I did on Thursday? I went shark tagging in Ocean City with a really badass boat Captain and some other people! >:D We caught three Dusky Sharks and a Spinner Shark. The first juvenile male Dusky came right away. Then we had a long gap of a few hours of no sharks so the Captain had us catch some live bait on a fishing rod. Apparently I'm an unlucky fisherman because I kept catching sea bass which wasn't what we needed. Then came the male Spinner. Such a cute little guy. ♥ About half an hour later we got our second Dusky, a beautiful female. Only a few minutes after that we got our last and largest Dusky, a wily and rambunctious male of about 5.5 feet long. He would not stop thrashing about on deck and even decided he was going to take the hose used to keep water flowing over his gills for himself. I tried playing tug with him to get it back but he was determined it was his now. We threw him back in the water and started driving hoping he'd let go, but nope! He started coasting with us, hose still gripped tightly in his jaws. After a bit more finagling we got back what was left of the hose and a tooth. Overall, awesome! I haven't had that much fun since my college days so it was nice getting back in the field.

The Captain's method of catching the sharks was pretty novel as well. The line was set out with a kite attached to a fishing rod on the boat so the bait would stay close to the surface. That would allow us to spot the sharks quickly so they wouldn't be on the lines too long. The only other longlining technique I'd experienced was using floats and anchors to hold the lines in place.

After that I decided to spend the rest of the day hanging out on the beach and playing in the ocean. The water was surprisingly chilly for late August and with the full moon's approach the currents were pretty strong as well. That was when tragedy struck. No sooner did I decide I was going back to land to build me a sand castle, a giant wave comes by and knocks me on my ass leaving me with a few scrapes. That isn't the tragedy though. The tragedy is that the impact knocked off my goggles which washed away I know not where. I'm actually very upset about that, not because that was the pair I wore to Bimini or the one I wore for my scuba certification, no I can get over that, but because by losing my goggles I have littered in the ocean! For shame! D': I searched the best I could too but to no avail. I did get to build my sand castle though and then go Godzilla on it!

So yeah, aside from the universe loving to screw with me, I had an awesome sauce day doing what I love doing! ^_^

So, courtesy of @Tailon for helping me realize that I did a stupid in not doing this sooner, today I called Nintendo customer support so I could recover my lost 3DS games and have them transferred to my new system. [insert self-scolding remark here]

The lady was very nice and super helpful, and through the information gathering we exchanged some small talk. As we wrapped up our business, she stated that I was by far nicest person she's helped today. I know she had to keep her professionalism, but something tells me she didn't exactly have a warm reception from most others that she's helped today. :p