• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Stranded?

Domino had fallen off the crate on which she stood, landing on her back on the hard deck. She heard some yelling from one side of the boat accompanied by a loud rush of water, and immediately ran over to inspect what had happened. Her x-shaped eyes widened as she watched ocean water fill the deck bottom-up, taking some sea Pokemon with it. "Uh oh..." she breathed out, before bolting back over to the others. "Umm... Change of plans," she said, simply but sheepishly, as she could feel the boat moving downwards at an alarming pace. "We could jump overboard?" Domino suggested, thinking frantically of things they could do to prevent themselves from drowning. "Oh, I dunno! We're doomed!" Beginning to panic, she ran around the bow of the boat, hands to her face, unsure if they were going to survive this trip.

"Arceus I knew I should of never of come to Kanto! Now Im gonna die!" Diamond said. He started pacing back and forth, along with Domino, and Axel. Diamond looked around, there was no safety equipment either. No boats, No Life Jackets, no life rings. All the boat had was a shelf of beers, and wine. "Who the heck trusted this shit, with a boat!!!" Diamond yelled.

"Décès?"

Alorae repeated Diamond's words- Die. Death. Terminations. Water swirled ferociously within an enormous gash made in the ship. She stared at it with absolute terror, her whole body wracked with panicked shaking. Her bag slipped off her shoulder and suddenly she was brought back to reality with a determined look on her face.

"Monsieur Darren," she began, turning her attention back to the person she had been talking to moments earlier. "Have you a water Pokemon on you?" Alorae asked, picking up her bag and rummaging through it. She cursed her choice of attire- surely her Necklace would come out sopping wet. The necklace. It was a weird memento she recived from her father only days before he was sent off to work somewhere else, somewhere that she wasn't aware of. It was pure silver in the shape of a maple leaf. The chain itself was a twisted ladder with lily flowers 'growing' on it. Beneath the Maple leaf was a few strands of silver that dipped down and encircled a sapphire in the shape of an orb.

With a small sigh she found what she was looking for. Her prohibited Pokeball. "Cerulean, may I ask of your assistance?" Alorae said quickly, aiming her Pokeball at the ocean. In a flash of red, a Lapras appeared, shrieking happily. "Any water Pokemon? Cerulean can carry four of us, but any more would strain her back." Alorae said, adressing the group.

"You brought a Pokemon with you!? Normally, I'd be not so happy, but... oh thank goodness!" Axel said, bowing slightly to Alorae in regards to her disobeying the rules and bringing a Pokemon.

In all honesty, he was sort of jealous. He wished he could've brought his partner. In fact, she would've been quite useful in a situation like this. His Floatzel, Brianna, would've been great to have in a situation like this, but he obeyed the rules. The one time where being defiant could've saved us... Axel thought, cursing his good nature for once.

"Any water Pokemon? Cerulean can carry four of us, but any more would strain her back."

Axel's heart sank. That was not good. The Lapras, apparently named Cerulean, could not hold everyone. Yet again, Brianna could've been amazingly helpful here, but he had to listen to the rules. "Well, four of us can get on the Lapras, but what about the other two? What'll they - or we, depending - do?" He questioned, getting into a defensive stance as the boat kept gradually sinking, the water rising in contrast.

"So this means 2 of us have to stay." Diamond thought. He looked around. Thier were no signs of land anywhere. "So two of us are gonna be left for dead." Diamond sighed. It was obvoius that Alorae was going to live, seeing it Cerulean was her lapras. Only 3 others could go with her. Diamond didnt want to seem too desperate. But he didnt want to die either.

"Two of us are..." Axel muttered, holding his free hand to his mouth.

He had just made friends with the people on the boat, and now two were going to perish? He didn't want to die, and Alorae was already guaranteed safety considering it was her Lapras. If he was in fact granted safety as well, then two people would die. Is there any other way? Is there a way to preserve everyone's lives? There has to be! This boat can't just - hang on.

Axel sprinted in the direction of his cabin. The water was getting higher, so he sped up even more. When his life was on the line, that boy could run. He got to where he slept and rummaged through his stuff. "Come on! She has to be! Her Pokeball always ends up in random places! I could lock the Pokeball up and it would still be in my bag somewhere! I just gotta find her..." He muttered to himself, throwing clothes and other items behind him in search of one Pokeball.

Brianna had to be there. If she wasn't then there were going to be two very, very unhappy people, and one might even be him. He continued searching, shaking from fear after noticing the water levels were still rising.

Domino stopped her running at the mention of two of the people, which could also mean herself, perishing at the hand of the sea. "Oh, no!" Tears sprang to her eyes. She was too young to die! But, if it meant saving one other...

The albino stopped all movement, looking down at the deck, tears now freely streaming down her cheeks to her chin, beading and dripping away. "I-I-I'll s-s-st-stay, i-if it-t-t-t mea-mean-means s-sa-savi-saving-g a-a-all y-you-u-u," Domino managed to say through violent sobs, dropping to her knees and holding her face in her hands. "I-I-I-I'll th-thi-thin-think of-f so-som-someth-something... I-I-If I-I do-don-don't m-ma-make i-it, t-tell Cin-Cinammo-Cinnamon and-d-d Pi-Pit I-I-I lo-love th-the-them!"

"Yes! Finally, yes! I don't know how you do it, but this time, I don't care!" Axel yelled, crying tears of joy after finding one Pokeball in the bottom of his bag marked with a yellow petal Pokeball Seal.

This was Brianna's Pokeball. The ticket to survival.

Axel looked down and noticed the large amount of water. Not even bothering to put his stuff back, or to take it with him, he bolted back outside. The water was much higher, meaning he wasted a lot of time. He finally reached the group to see Domino crying her eyes out. He ran over to her and pat her shoulder, letting her hold the parasol. "Hey, hey, hey... nobody's gonna die. That's because..." he said, standing up, "I unintentionally broke the rules somehow! Brianna always managed to get her Pokeball into places without my knowing, but today it worked in our favor! C'mon, now!"

He held the Pokeball in the direction of the sea, and it burst open in a flurry of yellow petals. From the shower of flowers, Brianna the Floatzel appeared, landing in the water. At first, she flinched in expectance of a scolding, but she was greeted with a look that read "You're my hero." Axel spun around to face the group. "Okay. Someone, find something that can float, preferably something able to hold or contain a person of our size. Brianna can carry me, and she can pull someone else. She's strong, and I cannot believe that she somehow managed to sneak her way here... but I'm definitely okay with it." Axel said, regretting leaving the parasol with Domino.

Speaking of Domino, he walked back to her. "Listen, Domino. I'm not gonna let someone I just met die on me, got it? Us Sinnoh-dwellers gotta stick together, amirite?" He jested, trying to raise her spirits from the slump that she was in. He extended an arm out to her, secretly hating the "summer clothes" that he bought in Oreburgh due to their lack of sleeves. "Whaddya say? C'mon, get up, wouldja?" He said with a smile.

Sniffling, Domino's crying grew significantly quieter as she looked over to Axel's Floatzel with her blurry eyes. "Th-Tha-Thank A-Arceus-s-s..." Taking deep breaths, she grabbed Axel's hand, half pushing, half pulling herself up onto shaky legs. "Y-Yeah, I s-suppose you're-re right..." A smile grew on Domino's face as the major scare made its way out of her mind. Handing Axel his parasol, she calmed herself, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Then, as if nothing had ever happened, Domino grabbed a small, empty barrel that sat not very far away from the group, rushing over first to the side of the boat that housed the massive hole, then to the water-types who awaited the humans so they could make their escape. "Quickly now! We don't have much time! Everyone, pick a Pokemon and let's go!" Domino yelled to the others over the sound of the water filling the boat, standing closer to the Floatzel than the Lapras. Looking back at Axel, she grinned. "Good thing your partner here broke the rules for ya, huh?" She laughed.

Alorae paused. These people thought that she would be safe just because Cerulean was her Pokemon, but that wasn't her intent at all.

"H-hey. Um, just for future referance, I was the top swimmer on my swim team and I was able to tread water for 15 minutes, not to mention that I can do the back float for over an hour if I'm relaxed. Axel, I can swim behind your Floatzel an the others can ride of Cerulean."

She was quite confident in her swimming skills- but she had to be. A sinking feeling in her heart just kept digging down. For whatever reason, Alorae couldn't be confident in her skills under this pressure. Suddenly she swore in French aloud as she realized that her attire would either slow her down in her swimming, or get caught on something. Her flowy, summer tank top would prove to be very hard to swim in, not to mention that her Jean shorts really wouldn't aid her in any way. Rashes though, that would be the worst part. All down her legs.... It made her shiver at the thought of it.

"Pardon." Alorae said, regaining her composure. Suddenly, Domino broke down. Axel attempted to lift her spirits, and she got up to grab a barrel. "Hold on Domino! It'll be easier to ride Cerulean. Please, ride her. I can swim. Please?" Alorae, suddenly and out of her own nerves ran to Domino and gave her a hug. The Kalos girl was shaking with her own self doubt, but then she stepped back and looked at Cerulean, who braced herself.

"Alorae, I don't think that's a gre-" Axel was about to refuse the Kalosian girl's offer to swim until they found land when she pulled Domino into a hug.

She was shaking, Axel could see it. The things that she was wearing wouldn't exactly be the best things for swimming, and there was no time to change into anything better. They. Were going. To drown. He resumed his refusal after clearing his throat. "Alorae. Listen. I get that you can swim, and if you want to, that's fine, but you still need something just in case you can't swim. I don't think I've heard of anyone who can swim forever, and Arceus knows how long we'll be on - or in - the water. Just trust me - er, trust us. Isn't that right, Brianna?"

Brianna cheered, raising a fist into the air and bracing herself alongside Cerulean. She already seemed ready to go, so Brianna matched her expression, showing her readiness as well.

"Alorae, please. If anyone gets hurt, I don't know how I'd live it down. If your injuries could be prevented, then I think we should do whatever we can."

Darren scratched the back of his head sheepishly. He had brought swimming shorts so he was fine to swim if he had to. And he had a Multipurpose Knife, that was made of stainless steel.

"I'll swim if need be, I've got extra clothes. Plus my bag is air tight and water proof." He said in the confusion. He watched the captain roll off the deck and into the water.

"I dont know if I feel, sad or relived." Diamond said, watching the Captain roll of the deck. "So if 2 of us was fine about smimming, than why the heck were we worried? Other than the face that they get caught, and drown. Diamond wasnt a really good swimmer. He lived near Floccecy Town, and wouldent visit Virbank, or travel to the mainland often. He was just realived to be safe. He looked down. He jumped into the ocean. "Come on!" Diamond yelled, sounding a bit greedy.

"I'm not going to get injured. Here." Alorae put as much emphasis on 'not' as she could without sounding desperate or full of false hope.

The Kalos girl reached into her bag and pulled out a large trash bag. When she packed it, she was unsure as to why she did. Her mother insisted that carrying a trash bag for her snack trash and other things that happened occasionally, and at the time it sounded stupid. She had taken advantage of it though- there were a few stray wrappers from various granola bars and breakfast items in there. With little care, Alorae tossed away the trash as she emptied the bag. Swinging it around to gather as much air in it as possible, the tied it off quickly- checking for any holes. The end product was a trash bag of air- in other words, a form of floatation device.

The trash bag, as aforementioned, was quite large, and was able to support Alorae's stomach if she wished to swim, or it could wrap under her arms slightly if she wanted a break. She knew that this trash bag wouldn't last her forever, but honestly. If all else fails she could ask Darren, who already offered to swim, to switch with her on Cerulean's back, then switch back after a break depending on how long they were out.

"Here. Floatation device." Alorae told Axel. "Pardon, and I really do appriciate your concern, but I can do this. Unless..." She paused for a moment. "If anyone else is like, desperate to swim, I'll switch off with you. It could be someone on Cerulean- I could hold onto Brianna, and then when I get tired, if anyone wants to switch with me, I could give them the trash bag. After a few minutes, we could switch back." Alorae offered, looking specifically at Darren to check if he would be ok with it; she saw him as the main other person who might be swimming.

"You do realize I grew up in a pool right?" He chuckled softly. "It's alright really I'll swim first. The island in the distance doesn't really look that far away." He said pointing a the green blob.

"Island? Did you say island?" Axel said, whipping his head in the direction of Darren's hand.

There really was a blob of green on the horizon. He couldn't believe it. In sheer excitement, he ran over to the edge of the boat and almost jumps over the edge before realizing how stupid that would've been... and then Diamond did it. Oh well. Cannonball, I guess! Axel thought, jumping directly into the water.

The water was like a cold slap to the face, but hey, it was better than immediate death. He paddled quickly to Brianna, not exactly being the best swimmer. The water in Snowpoint was really cold, so swimming was a no-go for him. The Floatzel grabbed onto his shoulder and pulled him onto her back. He turned to gaze over his shoulder. "Hey, you guys! C'mon, the boat will sink fully soon!" He said, one hand waving in the air, the other on Brianna's floatie-scarf.

Spring peeked down at the water "Whew, thankfully I used to swim with Jet back in Snowpoint" She muttered, then leaped over the railing and landed in the water. She surfaced and wheezed, the water was really cold. Spring felt something in her pocket shake, then out in a white flash, from her pocket, emerged the blue cat-like pokèmon that she needed the most. "Jet! What the heck?!" Spring exclaimed, hugging the Vaporeon tightly. "Vaporeon!" He exclaimed, going underwater and lifting Spring up, so that she was sitting in his back.

(If you don't want Jet to be here, then I'll take him out)

Domino embraced the sudden hug from Alorae, smile growing. She was about to take up the offer to ride on Cerulean, but that was before land was spotted. Living in a city had its perks- she had a pool back at her house. When Diamond and Axel... was that the captain?... jumped off the boat into the water, she laughed again, following them, diving headfirst into the cold depths. Coming back up, she breathed heavily. "Whoa! This water's freezing!" she called to nobody in particular. "Welp, last one to land is a rotten egg!" And with that, she sunk back down, making her way to the island. Sure, her clothes might not be the best to swim in- a black t-shirt, jean vest, and cotton shorts, but they would make do.

"What! Oh youre on!" Diamond yelled, as he started swimming. Diamond lived near a lake, but he didnt swim much, being his downfall. He also jumped in, without changing, not bringing any items from the boat. He hopped he wasnt gonna become water logged, as he was close to the beach.

Alorae looked at the quickly filling ship. "Cerulean! Do you need my help?" She asked, and as the water/ice type nodded, the girl ran over to her Pokemon and pushed it out to sea. The large Pokemon made a big splash as she hit the water, but moments later Cerulean emerged from the water again, proceeding to pick up any person without a Pokemon with her mouth and then setting them on her back.

Noticing the green blob that Darren pointed out, Alorae squeaked with happiness. "Oh my gosh! You're right!" She gave a shiver of happiness and handed the trash bag to Darren. Before letting him move or say anything, Alorae started talking. "Darren. Seriously. When you need a break, just tell me. We can switch. It wouldn't be hard." She said forcefully; desperately hoping that Darren wouldn't try to swim it all himself.

That being said, Alorae ran to the side of the ship, jumped to the small ledge, and dived off- hitting the water with more or less of a clean jump. The cold literally squeezed her lungs, forcing Alorae to nearly gasp in surprise as she tried to swim to the surface. The sudden cold impact froze her muscles, and it was momentarily hard to swim, but then the water gradually got warmer, and she reached the surface. The Kalos girl gasped for air as she broke the surface, quickly wiping the hair plastered to her face away as she treated the water. Alorae swam to Cerulean and wrapped on arm gently around the base of her neck, then swam along side the Pokemon to help the others on her back.

Spring patted the oversized Vaporeon's head as a sign to get moving. She leaned down to look in the water, then realised that her necklace had fallen off. "Jet! Dive!" She said quickly, then inhaled air just as then went underwater. Spring opened her eyes and grabbed the necklace, then gently patted Jet on the side, making him swim as fast as he could to shore. "Whew, thanks bud" She said, clipping her necklace back around her neck.

"Hey, wait up! Brianna, go!" Axel pointed off in the direction of the island.

Brianna took off suddenly, making Axel yelp and grab onto her floatie-scarf tightly. She was no supersonic swimmer, but she was pretty darn fast when she wanted to be. She gave Axel a playful smirk, then continued focusing on what was directly ahead: Land. Then Axel remembered the others. "Hey, Brianna, slow down. I gotta see if they need any help getting to the island. Turn around." He said, his low and cold voice returning to it's natural, more calm state.

Brianna sighed, then turned back around and went to the ship. "So, you need us still?" He called up to Alorae and the others. "We're still here just in case. Isn't that right Brianna?"

The Floatzel gave a happy squeal in response to Axel's acknowledgement of her usefulness. The two high-fived before Brianna decided to take a 'victory lap around the boat really quickly. Axel almost fell into the water again, but he laughed it off despite the grim nature of the situation they were in.