• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon High Roleplay

What should we do next?

• Field trip to a town/city

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something I didn't mention, say in private chat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"okay so dessert it is then." Mr Grant said leading the three of them over to the area of sand made by the janitors Hippodowdon. Once they arrived there he instructed them to all chose 1 pokemon each for this activity.
"hmmm....I guess im going to go with Panzer for this seeming as he is a steel type and all." said Jake pulling out the Beldum's pokeball.

Mr Grant looked a little surprised to see somebody new join the group. "Well that's okay, just follow the same instructions I gave your fellow students." he told Dante.

"I didn't want to bother you Zane but your the only Steel type i got." He said sending out his partner. Once Zane appeared he instantly gasped thinking they were back home but then shortly realized that they weren't. None the less, Zane rolled around in the sand getting his nice polished metal coat all dusty and sandy, its the only thing he likes more than a fresh polished coat of metal....and food. "Zane use Roost, i need you to be rested and ready for......well i don't know, anything." He said looking at the large artificial desert area that was created. After dealing with his own individual issues he looked to see who his classmates were. First looking at Jake. "Oh, Togepi kid." Then looking at Zeth. "Son of a b-" the instucter had looked at him and he quickly stopped what he was saying before anything happened.

"Togepi kid? really dude?" Jake said with a slight frown. He quickly dismissed the comment and surveyed the area wandering what the challenge would entail. Although one thing he did know only he and Dante had steel types out of the four of them gathered there. In fact Aza and her team of electric types might struggle here.
Mr Grant glared at both Dante and Zeth, a clear warning that he didn't want any arguments.

Dante saw Jake's face and got a different vibe from him than he did from Zeth. "Errrrr sorry......mate, umm guy?, kid?, hmmm...amigo! You know, i never really asked your name." He said looking at Jake. "You were always just hanging around Zeth so i figured you would be just like him. Sorry for coming off a bit unfriendly..........amigo. I'm Dante and this is Zane." He said gesturing to his Scizor that was performing its Roost.

Jake couldn't help but smile a little at "Amigo".
"Sup, im Jake and this is Lumous." He said indicating to the Togepi in his arms and extending a hand for Dante to shake as Panzer hovered up beside him, the emotionless red eye staring at the boy. "Oh and that's Panzer as well, sorry about that little guy." he said as the Beldum nuzzled against his head a little.
"I haven't seen many other steel types round here, glad im not the only one who has to go through the pain of polishing them." he with a smile as he watched Panzer float over to Zane and beep at him curiously.

"Well its a pleasure to meet ya, Togepi kid." He smiled and gave Jake's hand a firm shake. "Steel types are very hard to raise, some are very stubborn, some calm, and then the're the odd ones out..." He said looking at Zane. Zane looked at the floating Beldum and watched it hover around him. If Zane weren't so tired he probably would have clamped onto the Beldum with his pincers to see how strong its metal body was. "Sooooooo Jake, what are we doing here?" He asked looking around the area. "Some special acrivity or what?"

ignoring the "Togepi kid" Jake turned and pointed to the various activities that had been set up for the day. Kids were already trying their best at the rest of the areas and as he watched he spotted a kid with an Elekid fall off the climbing wall.
"Im surprised you didn't hear about this to be honest with you." he said as he pulled up the information he had gotten in his email about the day. "Its some kind of survival training day, everybody has to attended it as obvouisly everybody can make use of it. I think the idea is that we wont go off into the wild and die the moment we start our adventures. And some people need it more than others." said with a slight chuckle at the end as he nodded at Zeth. "Luckily for me I had some camping trips and stuff as a kid with my parents so I know the basics unlike poor Zeth who didn't get as much experience in that field. but each to their own." he said with a smile at his friend before turning back to Dante.
Mr Grant was currently talking to the Janitor who had set up the dessert area, probably to arrange what would happen to the four of them.

Zeth could still remember all the bad times he had lived through in the wilderness. Sure, the desert would be hard, but the tropical jungle would be much harder. Having pretty much lived in one he had many bad memories of places like that. He noticed that guy with the Scizor talking to Jake. He didn't trust him. Zeth realised that he would probably end up doing this alone, which was fine by him.

"Well you see Mr. Grant." The janitor said. "Since your group choose to come to the desert first you will be spending most of your time gathering supplies for a shelter and food aswell as water which will be very hard in the desert. Your main goal will be to build a shelter to spend the night in and then tomorrow you will be graded on how well you did and move on to the next area. Throughout the day we will announce challenges you must complete and once complete you will be awarded a score. You must complete each challenge before going back to work on your shelter and gathering supplies. Do i make myself clear. Any questions?"

Rascal was still paralyzed and Aza wasn't taking any chances with him after the coffee incident. Mira wouldn't survive this. Joule was still on her shoulder. "I guess I'll go with Joule." Aza said. She recalled Mira.

"excellent now that you've all made your choices I will make myself very clear." Said Mr Grant as he stood in front of them "you will lose marks on this for fighting and if I see one of you try and sneak off you will be punished for it." He said with a frown. However seconds later a smile broke through "so have fun kids, your equipment is over there." He said with a gesture to a couple of tents before he left the sand with the janitor and sat in a deck chair at the edge.
Jake looked at the other 3 trainers briefly before striding over to the pile of tents casually and lifting it up. "So I say we set up a kind of pavilion? It'll make life easier if all the tents are next to each other after all." He said lugging the tent to the only real land mark in the whole sand area, two frail looking old trees.

"Sounds good to me." Aza said. She noticed Joule was no longer on her shoulder. Aza turned back to the tents to see Joule trying to pick one up by herself. Aza walked over to the Pikachu and gently took the tent from her. "Maybe I should do this? It's a little too heavy for you." Aza said to Joule. Joule nodded and jumped back onto Aza's shoulder.Aza walked over to join Jake.

Zeth grumbled, and picked up a tent. Z proceeded to follow, trying his best to mock his lifting ability. Zeth really knew this was not a good idea, and something Mr Grant had said about fighting among themselves came back to him. He didn't want to start something, well, not now at least, but something told him that Z wouldn't care about whether it was helpful at the time.

"Okay guys anybody here done any camping before?" Jake asked with a smile as Panzer nudged the bag of camping equipment being as useless ever. "I was thinking if we set up 3 tents here" Jake pointed at the a nice flat bit of sand in front of the two trees "and perhaps use one of the water proof sheets that we obviously wont be needing here by tying it between these two trees to provide us with some shade and shelter. does that sound good?" he asked Aza and Zeth who were closest.

Mr Grant had pulled out a pokeball from his rucksack and brought out a growlithe beside him. "Sunny day little fella." he said lazily as the little canine Pokémon intensified the suns rays above the group.
Jake could already feel his energy draining from the increased heat levels and sighed before putting on a smile and saying "Best get this shade before we all burn to death huh? Panzer give me a hand.....or a back claw thingy?" he laughed as the Beldum tired to lift a tent pole with its awkward claws. Jake however could pick it up so he started constructing the main frame of their temporary shelter.

Dante sighed and walked off into the desert. "Im gonna go find some water. Zane stay here just in case they need you to do something." The Scizor nodded and went over to Jake to see if he needed any help.

"Sounds good to me." Aza said. Joule had been in a desert before and managed to survive. The Pikachu hopped off Aza's shoulder. She went to go look for water with Dante. 'There she goes.' Aza thought as she watched the Pikachu go.

"Oh hey there you." Jake said as Zane approached the group. "I take it you've been sent here to help us so if you could do me a favour and start digging a smallish hole right about there" here Jake took a break from setting up the shelter to point out the area to the scizor. "that would be great." he finished with a smile as he had set up the wind breaker and shade providing device between the trees.
But unknown to anybody in their small group was that the next challenge was alreadu under way. As everybody around the camping area talked Jake could have sworn he saw something move in the sand next to his feet for a moment. "guys? did anybody else see that?"

"See what ?" Zeth replied. Z started to sniff around, trying to detect what was causing the movement. The tents started to shake a little. "This better not be some sort of stupid trick because that's my thing."

Jake opened his mouth to reply to Zeth before the ground around them shook around violently and the orange heads of several trapinch appeared before vanishing back under the sand. "I guess there here to be our first problem?"

Zane saw that his claws sort of looked like a Trapinch. He used that to his advantage to blend in and completly submerged himself in the sand only leaving his pincers sticking out to bait the Trapinch to get close.

Dante was already out of sight and had no clue what was going on at the camp. He walked and walked with the little Pikachu following him only stopping to examine the ground to see if it was damp. He examined some cactus and noticed they were hydrated. "Hmmmm, they must be storing water inside themselves." He looked at the Pikachu. "Think you could cut it open using an Iron Tail?"

"It just occurred to me none of us brought Pokemon that effective against ground types." Zeth looked around, seeing what Zane was attempting to do. "That Scizor has the right idea. Z, transform into the Trapinch and sneak up on them!" Z did just that, laying low in the sand. Zeth didn't seem to think that any attacks they landed would be that effective so they would need the element of surprise.

Jake watched the scizor bury itself into the ground with a look of dismay on his face. coming form the Hoenn region himself he was familiar with Trapinch and the hunting strategies they employed and also knew that Zane had just put himself into a very dangerous situation indeed. Luckily Z's technique of becoming a Trapinch itself would keep it safe from the ant Pokémon's subterranean attacks and it might even work as an ambush.
Panicking a little Jake and Panzer rushed over to Zane. "You have to get out of that sand! Trapinch are used to this environment and you've just given them an easier time of making you their target!" he said to the buried scizor. As the very last word fell from his mouth the familiar orange head of one of their attackers surfaced right beside the exposed claw and inspected it suspiciously. Jake and Panzer immediately backed up from the Pokémon, knowing what was about to happen. "Everybody back up!" he called out to the rest of the group

Right when the Trapinch got close enough the Scizor clamped onto it and dragged it into the sand with him. Zane was very aware of how Trapinch hunted their prey, first they inspect the prey, then they gather into a swarm underneath the sands and surround the opponent but Zane was very much at home in the sand. Back when he was Dante's father's Scyther they would go hunting for Trapinch shells to sell for some extra money and the only way to do so was to capture the little buggers. The usual stratagy they would use is to dig under the sand and wait for them to make their move and pick them off one by one but now that Zane is a Scizor he is much more sluggish in the sand and he wont be able to sneak up on individual Trapinch as easy as he could before so he has to bait them to come to him. As long as he stayed still they would not notice his body under the sand and he hoped Jake would keep his distance so he didnt bring any unwanted attention. Once the Trapinch Zane caught was fainted he safly returned it to the top and felt nipping at his wings, they found him. Zane quickly submuged his claws into the sand and burrowed through the sand tossing up the fainted Trapinch that had ran into him as he was swimming around in the sand.

"okay...." Jake said with a puzzled look on his face as the scizor literally swam through sand. At least that dealt with the Trapinch problem with minimum effort. Turning his attention back to building up the camp site and it wasn't all that long before one tent had been erected by the boy and his Pokémon. Although the heat was intense the shade from the trees and the makeshift sun blocker were doing wonders keeping them from burning out in the open. Looking over and seeing that Zeth and Aza were making short work of getting their tents ready as well he felt quite proud of them, looks like they would pass this challenge with flying colours. That was when Jakes parched throat came to his attention. "crap.....how are we going to get water without a water type?" he thought to himself anxiously. An idea came to him and he would need the help of Zeth for it. "Zeth buddy, over here!" he called "gonna need your help."

"What is it?" Zeth said as he walked over. Z was playing in the sand, rolling himself in it as a means of camouflage, something he always dreamed of doing. He then tried to sneak up on random rocks and ambush them. Z had always thought of himself as a stealth commando but he lacked... subtlety.

"so obviously were gonna be needing some water while were here right? I have a plan to get some." Jake said proudly as Panzer whizzed around happily. "But its a two man job so that's where you come in."

"Okay so the plan is, that we are going to reach the water table beneath the earth and then collect it from there, it will be pure and safe mineral water so we will be safe." Jake explained as they gathered around a flat and rocky bit of the terrain. Panzer, knowing his role, began to use iron head to smash up the rocks and soften the ground.
"Now this is where you two come in." he said with a smile looking at Zeth and Z. "I need Z to transform into a Trapinch and convince them to dig this hole for us, otherwise Panzer would be here for too long.

Z transformed into a Trapinch, and the sand all over him mad him seem more realistic of a Trapinch. There was one problem however. "I can't speak Trapinch. I am particularly good at talking to other Pokemon, but like bug types, Trapinch speak in their own sort of little chattery sound that they use amongst themselves." Z stated.

Jake shook his head "well that's no good.....could you maybe lure one to this spot? and then if you start digging at it might join in?" He asked curiously.

"Dane had gathered a bit of food into two buckets he carried out the camp with him but it was all just prickly pear cactus which contained a bit of water and began making his way back with the Pikachu. "That was a let down." He sighed.

Zane just finished up with the Trapinch problem and crawled out of the sand. As he was making his way towards Jake and Zeth he stepped on something hard and rugged. Thinking it was just a rock he continued forward but once he was of the rugged surface a Sandstorm picked up and Zane was hit by a Brick Break from the Tyranitar he stepped on and got launched into Jake and Zeth.

Off in the distance Dante was hit by the Sandstorm aswell and could hardly see the camp and continued in its general direction.

Jake managed to glance up just in time to see the red blur flying towards the 2 boys before he was knocked sprawling onto his back in a puff of sand. "The hell?" he said groggily, trying his best to get back up to his feet to see what was going on through the now raging sandstorm.
After a few seconds he was back on his feet and trying to help Zeth to his own feet as Panzer flew straight towards the attacker, unfazed by the sandstorm and using his favourite move, iron head. Jake could only hope that Aza and Dante were fine as neither could be seen through the sand.

Z grumbled, attempting this. Just as he had got it's attention however, Zane flew through the middle of Z and the Trapinch, startling them both. The sandstorm hit, and the Trapinch dug away into the sand to hide. Z growled at the shadow figure disguise in the sandstorm, until it was no longer obscured, and roared loudly. Z shrieked and summoned a Detect shield, attempting to use it as an umbrella as he fled.