• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed New Beginings (Pokemon Sinnoh adventure)

Time skip 3 hours ahead

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Hey there!" Avery said to Logan. "It looks like this trip is going to be more lively than I expected. It's nice to meet you." With the introductions out of the way, the group began to make their way out of town.

(Should we just have a time skip until we get to the forest? Or does anyone want to do anything along the way? I don't have any preference.)

"Well, you guys are gong to have fun at this next gym, her Roserade is not something you should underestimate,"Rory said confidently.

(ok, I set a poll for a time skip, but what about Floaroma town?)

Trevor nods. "We'll keep that in mind, you get that Frostbite? " Trevor says to Frostbite.

(Unless we're going to have an introduction to Team Galatic, I don't mind a time skip)

Logan puts all of his Pokémon except Chic-Chic back in their Pokeballs. "Chic-Chic likes to ride on my shoulder." he says as Chic-Chic climbs up.

(I'm fine with a time skip, but I think we should introduce Galactic soon.)

Amazed by the floral fields, Rory spun around in the flowers, Rory sighed,"It smells amazing."

(let's take a small stop in floral town)

"It must be nice to not have allergies," Avery said, sniffling as she took in the view. "Still, I have to admit that this place is beautiful. I grew up in Unova, so I don't think I've ever seen this much greenery in one place before."

She took a closer look at some of the plants around her. "It looks like a lot of these are berry bushes, too," she said. She dug a field guide about medicinal plants out of her bag and started thumbing through it. "I'm going to gather some of these before we move on. Bonnie, help me out, will you?"

"Audi~" her Audino said while letting out a yawn. He lazily shuffled over to her and the two of them began scanning bushes for anything useful.

Frostbite looked at a flower, then she picked it. "Sno..." She says, admiring the flower. She then used a small Ice Beam on the flower and turned it into ice. "Sno!" She says intertained.

Trevor talked to a man nearby. "So, your saying this honey will attract otherwise rare pokemon nearby by placing it on like say a tree? I like your style, I buy 10 jars of honey please" He says. He takes the honey from the man and paid for it.

Avery was almost done filling her bag with berries when she heard a voice approaching her from behind.

"Oh? That one looks rare. Hey, you!"

Avery turned around. Standing in front of her were two older girls with turqoise dyed hair and monochrome jumpsuits. The taller one spoke up. "Sorry kid, but we need that Pokemon more than you!" Without waiting for a response she tossed out a pokeball, revealing a Sneasel that immediately charged towards Avery's Audino.

"W-what are you talking about?" she shouted with confusion. Her Audino dropped the berries it was carrying as it narrowly sidestepped a slash from the Sneasel's claws. Avery wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but it seemed like these people wanted a battle. She jumped to her feet and prepared to direct Bonnie while glancing around for her friends, hoping that they hadn't wandered too far away to help her if she needed it.

Last edited:
Frostbite saw the Sneasel attack Bonnie and she quickly turned toward Trevor to get his attention. "Sno! Snorunt Snorunt!" She calls to Trevor.

Trevor looks at Frostbite and sees that she is directing him toward Avery and Bonnie being attacked. He runs up and yells "Whats going on here?" He then freezes. He knew there were other gangs besides Team Rocket in other regions. He didn't know what gang this was though.

Frostbite glares at the Sneasel, daring it to attack again

As Trevor arrived, the tall girl's Sneasel jumped back to her and glared at Frostbite. "We're members of Team Galactic!" the tall girl proclaimed without missing a beat. It seemed like she had rehearsed this speech beforehand. "Our goal is to rebuild the world to make it a better place for people and Pokemon to live, and to do it, we're conducting research on rare Pokemon like yours! So hand 'em over or we'll take them by force!"

"Wait, slow down," Avery said as she straightened her glasses, still confused. "It's... great that this 'Team Galactic' wants to improve the world, I guess? But do you really just wander around and kidnap the Pokemon of other trainers? Can't you just catch your own?"

"Ha! That's not a concern. This is way faster, and once we accomplish our goal, you'll be thanking us for it. But people like you never understand, so I'm not gonna waste my breath!

"You ready for this, Kat?" she asked, looking over to the shorter girl with the long hair. She was leaning against a tree and staring at her phone. The tall girl elbowed her in the ribs.

"Oh. Yeah, sure am, captain," she said dryly as she tossed out a pokeball, revealing a grey cat-like Pokemon. "Goooo, Glameow. Use... scratch, or whatever." She looked back at her phone.

"And you use metal claw, Sneasel!" the tall girl shouted.

The Sneasel began charging at Frostbite before its trainer even finished her command. Meanwhile, the Glameow growled and lashed out at Bonnie.

"Er... Double slap when Glamewo gets close, Bonnie," Avery said. She was still full of questions, but it looked like they would have to wait. Bonnie nodded quietly, looking more annoyed by the situation than anything.

Last edited:
Frostbite stood her ground as she waited for orders from Trevor.

Time to show what we learned from the move tutor in Hoein

"I don't think so, counter with Water Pulse Frostbite!" Trevor says to Frostbite. Frostbite sends out a ring of water at the Sneasel. "Snorunt!" Frostbite says

Last edited:
The Sneasel charged straight through the ring of water, but it seemed disoriented when it came out the other side. Its eyes darted around for a moment before it stumbled towards a nearby flower bush and shredded it to pieces with a flurry of clawstrikes. An explosion of petals filled the air.

The girl named Kat looked up from her phone. "Nice one, Maddie. About time someone brought those flowers to justice."

"Oh, shut up!" the tall girl said as she stomped at the ground.

Meanwhile, Bonnie continued to scuffle with Kat's Glameow. Bonnie was covered in scratch marks, but he seemed to be winning by virtue of being larger and better trained. He pouted and struck the cat Pokemon with double slap one last time. It hit the ground hard and could barely stand up again.

"Ha!" Avery said, feeling proud. "You can't beat the two of us together! Now tell us more about this 'research' that you're conducting!"

Maddie bit her lip. "Should've known that I can't rely on Kat," she muttered to herself as she clenched her fists. She scanned over her opponents as she thought about what to do, until her gaze settled on the strange stone Trevor was wearing around his neck. Her eyes lit up. "Maybe we can't steal their Pokemon, but that thing looks useful! Sneasel, grab that kid's necklace and let's get out of here!"

The Sneasel shook off its confusion and nodded to its trainer. It leapt straight at Trevor and tried to tear his necklace away from him.

Something strange was happening around him, Rory sensed it. He turned around to see two team galactic grunts,"Not these people again, kirlia, you know what to do." The kirlia noded and used psychic on the sneasel and just about the sneasel was about to get to Trevor, kirlia caught it moved it five feet and slammed it into the ground. Shaking the earth. "I guess I should have mentioned these guys, sorry about that," Rory said as he walked toward Averi and Trevor.

Trevor steped back from where the Sneasel struck the ground from the Kirlias Psychic. Team Galactic huh? No way am I giving them this gift my parents sent me...

Trevor turns toward Avery and said "Looks like you got things covered on your front with that Glameow, do you need anymore help since it looks like Rorys Kirlia took down the Sneasel?"

Frostbite glared at the Sneasel on the ground, warning it to keep away from Trevor "Snorunt..." She said to the Sneasel coldly

Last edited by a moderator:
Avery let out a sigh of relief when Rory showed up. That necklace obviously meant a lot to Trevor.

Maddie looked at her Sneasel in shock, then noticed Rory and Kirlia. "Ugghhh, there's another one of you?" she said, fuming. "Fine, you win this time! But mark my words, you'll all regret getting in the way of Team Galactic one day!" She called back her Sneasel and began sprinting away in the direction of Viridian Forest.

Kat put away her phone and called back Glameow. "Later, nerds," she said as she flashed everyone a peace sign and ran after Madison.

Avery watched the two run away, bewildered. "Um... I guess I don't need your help after all, Trevor." She crouched down next to Bonnie and began inspecting his wounds. "So, you know these people, Rory?" she said while working. "What are they up to? Should we chase after them?"

Trevor looked at Avery and said "I don't think it would be wise to follow them yet, I'm not sure what Galactic is doing, but whatever their doing, it can't be good."

Frostbite went to Bonnie and offered her a Sitrus Berry she found near where they were collecting berries. "Snorunt?" She said, concerned.

Admin edit: For the umpteenth time, mind your grammar. PAST tense, NOT present tense!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rory looked to Avery, "nope, but I ran into a similar situation when I was about to challenge the second gym." He took out Kirlia's pokeball and sent her back in. The pokemon became a flash or red and disappeared into the pokeball. "Shall we keep going to the forest?"

(OOC: My apologies, I'll try to be careful in the future for past tense.)
BIC: Trevor nodded and then said "I guess so, but if Galactic is what I think they are, then we might see them again in the future."

Bonnie's eyes lit up when Frostbite offered him the berry. "Audi!" he said appreciatively before eagerly grabbing it and stuffing it into his mouth.

"I hope that we meet them again," Avery said thoughtfully while bandaging up some of Bonnie's deeper scratches. "They seem dangerous, but I'm curious about what they're trying to do. You know, if they had just asked politely instead of attacking us, I would've be glad to help them with research."

She slung her bag over her shoulder and stood up. "Anyway, I'm ready to move on if you all are. Lead the way."

Trevor gone ahead of the group with Frostbite behind him. He looked around and said "This forest reminds me of Ilex Forest back in Johto... From the way it looks, I think there might be Grass and Bug type pokemon here, right?"

"Yes, that would make sense. It might be a good chance to expand your team," Avery said absentmindedly as she took in her surroundings. Ancient trees formed a thick canopy far overhead, leaving the forest floor dark except for occasional sunbeams. It was peaceful and silent except for gentle wind rustling the leaves, and the air smelled like flowers and damp earth. "Not that I would know, since I've lived in the city all my life. I'm just amazed by how beautiful this place is. We should camp here tonight."

Last edited:
Trevor nodded. "A forest can be a very calming place to be in compared to a city. I would tell a old legend that is related to Ilex forest, but I feel it would be best to save that for another day" said Trevor.

Frostbite looked in the distance. She was unsure, but she thought she saw something move, like a gas. "Snorunt?" She said as she went towards it.

Rory and his kirlia walked with them, walking on the same path as he did a couple times now. "There's a good camp spot just ahead, if you don't mind setting up camp earlier then normal," Rory recommended.

"That sounds good to me," Avery said cheerfully. "Oh, this is exciting! I've always wanted to go camping. Can we make a campfire, and tell stories, and everything else they do on TV?"

Meanwhile, Bonnie noticed that Frostbite was wandering off. He was bored of just walking through the forest, so he decided to follow her and see what she was up to.

"I'm sure we can do some of that stuff, plus, it would be a good time for me to tell the legend of Ilex forest" Jerome said

Frostbite kept following the ball of gas, unsure of what it was. The ball of gas led her to an abandoned mansion in the forest. "Snorunt?" She said, debating on if she should continue to follow the ball of gas or go back to Trevor and the group.

"I'm looking forward to it!" Avery said as she jogged ahead of the group while humming to herself. She felt a little silly, but she was in a good mood and brushed the feeling off. The thought of camping out with her new friends made her feel like a kid again and she wanted to enjoy it to the fullest.

Just like Rory said, there was a pleasant clearing up ahead that would make a perfect campsite. Avery set down her tent case and began poring over its instructions. "Bonnie, while I'm setting this up, could you go gather some sticks for a fi--Hm?" She glanced around the clearing, just now realizing that her Audino wasn't there. "Where did Bonnie wander off to? Rory, Trevor, do you see him anywhere?"

Deeper in the forest, Bonnie perked up at the sight of the old mansion. Why was there such a nice house in the middle of the forest, and why had it been left to rot like this? He approached the mansion to get a closer look, motioning for Frostbite to follow him. No harm in taking a quick look around, he figured. It wasn't like their trainers would leave without them.

Last edited:
"Hmm, could have sworn that Bonnie was here, you've seen her Frostbi..." Trevor paused, then said "Frostbite is missing was well. Maybe the two of them went off somewhere? Hopefully not too far..." Trevor said worried.

Frostbite followed behind Bonnie toward the mansion. The ball of gas went inside the mansion. "Snorunt?" Frostbite asked Bonnie, she wondered if they should go inside the mansion.

Rory gathering kindling, "I'm sure Frostbite is fine, probably went to go take a look around, it's only natural, I can have jolts look around if you are feeling that worried."

"I'd appreciate that, Rory," Avery said as she stood up. "I'd like to go too, though. Bonnie always slacks off and gets into trouble, so I feel like this is my responsibility." She felt a mixture of frustration and worry. She was mad at him for interrupting what was supposed to be a pleasant evening, but with how easy it would be to get lost in a place like this, she quickly became more concerned about his safety than anything.

Back at the mansion, Bonnie nodded to Frostbite and curiously pushed the front doors open. They had spent so much time following that purple cloud that there seemed to be no sense in stopping now.

Trevor nodded. "True, Frostbite might also be with him." He then turned to Rory and asked "Do you know of anything else in this forest that might make it..."unusual"?"

Frostbite nodded back at Bonnie and entered the mansion. The inside looked as old as the outside. "Snorunt..." Frostbite says concerned.

Rory looked to Trevor, "Ya there is, there's this old mansion nearby the exit of the forest, people say it's haunted, but I bet it's full of gastly. Why do you ask?" Rory asked Trevor.

A mansion full of ghosts? That sounded interesting. Maybe they could visit it on their way out of the forest. But it might be dangerous, since Bonnie...

Avery's blood ran cold as a wave of realization rushed through her. "Bonnie only knows normal type moves," she said quietly. If he wandered into a place like that by himself...

She didn't want to think about it. Suppressing a surge of panic, she grabbed her bag and began striding into the forest. "Come on. Let's go find them."

Trevor nodded. "They can't be too far, besides, if they do end up in the mansion..." Trevor paused, then said "Frostbite can defend herself, but I don't know what else may lie ahead."

Frostbite entered the mansion. She sees the ball of gas has gone into a room in the upper levels. "Snorunt?" Frostbite asked to herself. She cautiously went up the stairs and pushed the door open to the room the ball of gas went into.

Right. Frostbite and Bonnie went missing at the same time, so they were probably together. Avery tried to comfort herself with the knowledge that the two weren't completely defenseless.

It didn't help much. She continued trudging through the foliage as quickly as she could, a task that became more difficult as the forest got thicker and darker. She instinctively palmed Bonnie's pokeball in case she was attacked, then suddenly became aware of how vulnerable she was without him. "Er... Rory?" she said, turning back. "You're coming too, right? Bonnie and Frostbite are our only Pokemon. It would be dangerous for us to go alone."

Meanwhile, Bonnie followed Frostbite to the door. He watched her push it open with mild curiosity, and it revealed... a regular, dusty bedroom. He didn't see the ball of gas anywhere. That suited him just fine, though. Maybe he could take a nap while he was there. He stepped inside to have a look around.

Last edited:
Rory stretched, "Ya, I'm coming," He got up and walked over with kirlia trailing shortly behind him knowing where the general area of where the Mansion is, he points over to where it would make the most sense on where it would be. "I'm going to check over there, I think I know where it might be." With so much knowledge of the forest, Rory absolutely couldn't be wrong.

When Rory walked over there, nothing but trees and wild life everywhere. Crap, Rory thought, I was so sure. Disappointed in his findings, he walked back over to Avery.