• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

GameFreak runs out of creativity - makes Pokemon from a meme and a 3 year old's drawing of Pikachu

I'm a huge fan of Mimikkyu, actually. I think it has great typing, too. Imagine: Oh! A Ghost type! I'll just use Crunch on it!
*It's not very effective...* Oh.
But yeah, I don't really like the panda. But I might catch it and name Broads, Atlanta, or maybe Desiigner.

Me too Teapot! I

P.S. I hope that Mimikkyu's English name will be Pikaboo! :)

I cringed so hard mot soul vibrated out of my body.

Yeah, Freddy is kinda wierd though. WHY WITH ALL THE PINK AND FAIRIES N SHIT. This IS OR USED TO BE A GENDER NEUTRAL FRANCHISE. THEY SHOULD JUST RENAME IT POKEMON: PINK FAIRY

Update: The Ugly Barnacle (Mimikyuu) I like Mimikyuu because it is smol and lonely and sad. Just like me. It was so sad it broadcasted its real face on the internet. And everyone died of a mysterious ilnness. The End.

Yeah, Freddy is kinda wierd though. WHY WITH ALL THE PINK AND FAIRIES N SHIT. This IS OR USED TO BE A GENDER NEUTRAL FRANCHISE. THEY SHOULD JUST RENAME IT POKEMON: PINK FAIRY

Did you know that pink was considered a boys colour as it was a variation of red in the 19th Century? That point aside, would you like me to start screaming about how Pokemon clearly isn't a gender neutral game due to the over-abundance of blue water type Pokemon? Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it. So just because something is pink doesn't automatically mean it's only for girls. Is Hitmonchan an Pokemon exclusively for girls? Didn't think so.

Anyway, in order to keep vaguely on topic here... Uh... If Mimikyuu is called Pikaboo in English I will either hi five whoever's idea that was or strangle them. Or both.

Did you know that pink was considered a boys colour as it was a variation of red in the 19th Century? That point aside, would you like me to start screaming about how Pokemon clearly isn't a gender neutral game due to the over-abundance of blue water type Pokemon? Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it. So just because something is pink doesn't automatically mean it's only for girls. Is Hitmonchan an Pokemon exclusively for girls? Didn't think so.

Anyway, in order to keep vaguely on topic here... Uh... If Mimikyuu is called Pikaboo in English I will either hi five whoever's idea that was or strangle them. Or both.

*Sarcasm*

No one understands my humor. The reason I said this was because lots of people hate the new fairy types. A lot of them happen to be pink.

Anyways, I honestly don't mind the Bear. I like The Shuppet Esque style of Mimikyuu and as some said earlier I saw fan art of the starters as eagle little rolls so that was cool!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Now, I'm going to be entirely honest. I don't think a news post on new Pokemon should be laden with such.. Clear personal opinions. Shouldn't the announcement of new stuff be simply about the news itself?
Plenty of other fansite owners give their own opinions along with the news. Perhaps you didn't realise that @Doctor Oak is the site owner.

Those of us who are old get snarky, and it's true, some of the recent designs have been a bit... lol-worthy. I get ruthlessly mocked because I actually like the Vanillite and Klink lines from Black/White, complete with their "mechanic" whereby each evolution increases in complexity by adding another ball of ice cream, or another gear. Some of these Sun/Moon Pokemon are hilarious, especially Bruxish and Charjabug, neither of which I can take seriously.

But it could be worse. At least the staff here aren't all GenWunners who think that nothing after Kanto is worth anything. (Believe me, there are plenty of so-called Pokemon fans who are like that).

My snark is reserved for that Sun/Moon trailer. It reminded me of an advert for a sugary breakfast cereal - you know, "to be consumed as part of a complete breakfast". It was like it was saying "video games - to be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle with plenty of outdoor exercise"!

Also, I would have loved it if the parents and grandparents had all been playing Pokemon too, because it's not just for kids.

Wait a second. Mimikkyu is a pokemon wearing a bag or something of a Pikachu, and its a wild pokemon? There are probally 1,000,000 out there wearing a Pikachu disguise. If this is a 1 time pokemon or has other forms than ill be ok, BUT if its not that changes my perspective about Aloha

well me too but its a possible to be realese who knows
Well possibly not. Why? You may ask. When they showed the Pokeballs to show how many evolutions it has there was only eight and there are only eight Eeveelutions which are Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon. So, that means there will be no new Eeveelution in the Alola region.

Well possibly not. Why? You may ask. When they showed the Pokeballs to show how many evolutions it has there was only eight and there are only eight Eeveelutions which are Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon. So, that means there will be no new Eeveelution in the Alola region.
oh i see well that okay im a little upset but im fine with this

I cringed so hard mot soul vibrated out of my body.

Update: The Ugly Barnacle (Mimikyuu) I like Mimikyuu because it is smol and lonely and sad. Just like me. It was so sad it broadcasted its real face on the internet. And everyone died of a mysterious ilnness. The End.
I thought you called it Pink Fairy, and thought it was nice idea.

That moment when people don't understand something or don't personally prefer and idea or design and it's automatically labeled as "stupid" or "nintendo ran out of ideas".
E v e r y s i n g l e generation. Muk, grimer, ekans, seal and dewgong are all first gen and they are ALL incredibly "boring", "plain" and exceedingly simple. They took inspiration from popular cultural events, places, timelines and ideas. Where do you think they GET ideas? These are no better or worse than anything else. If anything, at least they aren't generic repeats of dogs, dragons, cats and your usual fair of creatures. Personal taste does not devalue the idea. Just means it's not your cup of tea.

Mimikyuu is adorable and I want a team of six of them, especially if they evolve into a sheet ghost Raichu.

Someone I follow on Tumblr pointed out that Kiteruguma looks like it's based not just on a red panda but also on a mascot - like the mascot costumes you see at sports games and the like, which would explain why people in-universe are so scared of it - you wander up to a mascot and it's actually a real bear.

But seriously, I will fight anyone who badmouths Mimikyuu. There's something depressingly adorable about a sheet ghost that wants to be loved so much that it does itself up to look like a Pikachu.
Lol I feel EXACTLY the same way!XD! And, I'll mention, mimikyuu sounds an awful lot like "mimic you". Hope that name sticks! ;D!

That moment when people don't understand something or don't personally prefer and idea or design and it's automatically labeled as "stupid" or "nintendo ran out of ideas".
E v e r y s i n g l e generation. Muk, grimer, ekans, seal and dewgong are all first gen and they are ALL incredibly "boring", "plain" and exceedingly simple. They took inspiration from popular cultural events, places, timelines and ideas. Where do you think they GET ideas? These are no better or worse than anything else. If anything, at least they aren't generic repeats of dogs, dragons, cats and your usual fair of creatures. Personal taste does not devalue the idea. Just means it's not your cup of tea.
Lol I feel the same. I was first introduced into pokemon during the Unova region and I got pretty ticked at people bullying the lit wick line. I personally thought the idea of a possessed candle, lamp, and chandelier were stinkin' awesome! Same for klefki.

I really really REALY hope mimikyuu stays. First, it sounds like "mimic you" and secondly, if they could do it with togedemaru they can do it with mimikyuu.

So you consider this running out of ideas? You could say blob of goo and magnet being running out of ideas, too.
Me? No, those were pretty darn cool. Besides, I don't think we really need all these Genwunners raging on newer pokemon. Gen one was better my ass. Didn't have mega evolution, wonder trade, or breeding, did it?

Mimikyu best pokemon.

Would your feelings be preserved if I put a giant 'WARNING: SNARKY HUMOUR INFLUENCED BY OPINION' banner in flashing letters at the beginning of my news posts?
FWIW while "Gamefreak runs out of ideas" is a stale meme I'm glad you guys do snarky posts-- it's something to differentiate the site from the many others that do deliver the bare-bones facts.

Me? No, those were pretty darn cool. Besides, I don't think we really need all these Genwunners raging on newer pokemon. Gen one was better my ass. Didn't have mega evolution, wonder trade, or breeding, did it?
I meant the title. "Gamefreak runs out of creativity" sounds super bias.

Lol I feel the same. I was first introduced into pokemon during the Unova region and I got pretty ticked at people bullying the lit wick line. I personally thought the idea of a possessed candle, lamp, and chandelier were stinkin' awesome! Same for klefki.
What's honestly harder to turn into an iconic pokemon character? A candle, lantern and chandelier, a back of garbage? Or a lizard, wolves, dogs, cats, and cute animals? People are just too quick to judge, too judgmental in the first place, or simply lack imagination themselves. Pokemon see potential in everything. I like that.

What's honestly harder to turn into an iconic pokemon character? A candle, lantern and chandelier, a back of garbage? Or a lizard, wolves, dogs, cats, and cute animals? People are just too quick to judge, too judgmental in the first place, or simply lack imagination themselves. Pokemon see potential in everything. I like that.
Yeah! In my opinion, Vanillite's evos are adorable, Trubbish is derpy cute, Litwick is one of my bro's fav Pokemon, and Stunfisk, the Whoopy Cushion, is simply...
beautiful.

So true!