• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PMD: Explorers of the Depths Discussion

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Depths

Welcome to the Land of Mountains, home to countless ancient ruins, one large town, towering peaks, and Pokemon. Located in the middle of the Void Sea, the Land of Mountains is entirely surrounded by an inky, black ocean. It is a collection of large islands, each boasting their own mountain range and a town or two. Three of the main five islands, all connected by mountains that dip into the Void Sea, boast their own Adventuring Guilds. These guilds are connected by their owners: the greatest adventuring team of all time, Team Cinderwave.

There are three main reasons Pokemon are in the Land of Mountains: They were born there, they are there to hunt treasure, or they are there to join Rescue Teams. Because of the natural resources found in the Land of Mountains, Pokemon have brought their families for mining, farming, and even exploration. Treasure hunters come from all over to explore the ancient ruins that dot the mountain-scapes and the myriad of underground tunnels. Some treasure hunters are there simply for the money they can make. Others are there to study the ruins and learn more of the ancient pokemon that lived there. Some believe that the answer to the mystery of how to stop the dungeons lies within those depths.

Dungeons… The monstrous places that have been a problem for as long as any pokemon can remember. They open up under two conditions: 1, a disastrous event happens in an area, or 2, a powerful pokemon is angered or dies. Each dungeon is a labyrinthian disaster zone, with extreme conditions, dangerous pokemon, treasure, and powerful relics. When they open up, it usually comes in the form of a crack in the ground or an opening to a cavern or even the entrance to a previously non-existent forest. Innocent pokemon fall into them and rescue teams often get lost inside. Many pokemon are, therefore, real pokemon driven blood thirsty and desperate by the power of the dungeons. Many more are illusions, created by the dungeon. Most theorize that this is a protective measure to keep Pokemon from reaching the last layer of the dungeon. However, if one can get to the end of the dungeon and stop what started it in the first place (e.g. Stopping the hurt/raging pokemon, quelling the disaster, etc.) then one can make the dungeon disappear.

It is for this reason that Rescue and Treasure Hunting teams have formed. The end of dungeons usually has a powerful artifact created by what started the dungeon. On top of that, the ultimate form of rescue is to end the danger. It is these teams that are accepted by the Adventurers Guild, and paid handsomely to take on missions that are anything from saving specific pokemon to bringing in criminals to finding relics to study. The most dangerous jobs are the most well paid: Putting an end to dungeons. However, only S rank or above adventurers are ever allowed to do so by the guild.

What is this RP?

I intend to respond to this particular rp about 1-3 times a week, as it is the second rp I am leading and I want to be able to give both enough attention to be good. Faster responses are likely to happen, especially during dialogue. I do not typically have a response order, as I feel it limits natural conversation. However, I will always wait for everyone to respond (or give the go ahead) before I push the story forward. It will be on the angsty-er side, with maybe a little body horror/gore? I don’t intend to make it a focus, but I probably won’t make my battles sanitized. It will be 18+, simply because I do not feel comfortable RPing many of the subjects I like to RP with people who are minors. There will be no blatant NSFW.

This RP is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP set in a place mostly disconnected from the cannon lore. There will be no mention of humans. There will be four characters who make up the main team, myself included. They will start at the lowest rank of the guild and slowly work their way up to compete with Team Cinderwave. The party (4 player characters) will explore the Land of Mountains, especially the depths of the caverns underneath. Their eventual goal will be to stop the creation of Mystery Dungeons. However, their initial goal will be to create a Rescue team of their own by going to the guild and completing a mission.

I will update this thread with lore over the next day or two. The RP will have a maximum of four players, myself included. Below will be a character sheet template and expectations for characters. All of my expectations are fairly flexible, though I would prefer that they not be entirely broken. Once the RP has three other approved players or I otherwise determine that it is ready to start, I will post in the RP threads area. I will approve players by seeing their character sheets and stating that they are approved! Below character information will be the lore added post writing the initial post. It has been put in spoiler format for the purposes of cleanliness.

Players will be expected to have characters who:
Want to help other Pokemon.
Have some sort of desire or reason for joining a rescue team.
Are willing to go into combat (though they may not necessarily want to)
Are pokemon that have at least one evolution. (There can be exceptions to this but I am personally a big fan of evolution being used as an important character growth story moment. Any Pokemon that isn’t a non-evolving pokemon will work.)
Is an adult, even if that is on the younger end. Think 18+.

Character Name:
Pronouns:
Pokemon:
Ability:
Moves: (Up to 4, limit of 2 egg moves)
Notable Characteristics: (Clothing items, scars, styled or dyed fur, jewelry, etc.)
Youth: (Backstory from when they were a child)
Training/Adulthood: (Backstory that includes their training and/or notable moments during their adulthood. Characters do not need training, but if they have it, it goes here.)
Reason for wanting to be in a rescue team:
Notable Figures: (Friends, Family, Mentors, etc.)

The largest island of the Land of Mountains is known as the Ancient Pillars due to how it is made entirely of three massive mountains and the bowl of land that rests in the center of them. The region is frigid with cold most times of year, with a climate equal to the northern part of canada. While the mountains protect from constant blizzards, they do not protect from the cold that settles over this area.

Ancient Pillars is home to the largest of the three adventuring guildhalls, which rests at the very center of the “bowl” between the mountains. Surrounding this hall is a massive town made up of miners, adventurers, and a rather impressive school. The town, named Deeproot Town, is mostly populated by ice, fire, water, and steel type pokemon, though there are many rock types here as well. Other pokemon are welcome, but most cannot stand the mostly frigid territory and rarely leave the town.

Deeproot town is surrounded by a thick, coniferous forest. Several paths branch out from the town, though there are two main ones. Firstly, there is the path down to the ocean, where trade is often conducted in a little place called Void Harbor. The second one leads into the mountains, where mining and adventuring is often done in the ruins and tunnels of the Ancient Pillars.

The school, known as Silver University, in Deeproot is known as the premier place to study the ancient civilization. In fact, most of the things studied there stem from that study. They also work in tandem with the guild to teach Pokemon self defense and fighting skills. The school is funded by Salazzle, one of the leaders of Team Cinderwave.
Team Cinderwave known as the strongest, most influential rescue team in the Land of Mountains. The team is made up of a Salazzle named Rosa, a tatsugiri named Arrow, a Noivern named Aphid, and their leader: Lavis the Cinderace. Their achievements include but are not limited to: Saving a town from a Mystery Dungeon that opened within it, helping build several large towns, helping establish a trade system both between the islands and to other continents, and saving countless pokemon.

Lavis the Cinderace
(he/him)
Lavis is the leader of team Cinderwave and one of its original two members. He acts as the face of the team, as well as the one who decides what missions they go on. He attends events and regularly throws celebrations in the different guild halls he visits often. Lavis has also opened several charity funds.

Aphid the Noivern
(She/her)
Aphid is the second original member of team Cinderwave. She agreed to start the team mostly to make sure that Lavis did not get hurt or die. Ironically, she became the powerhouse of the team. She leads the charge in most battles and is known to grab an enemy and drag them into the air to fight them. While Aphid is not the most talkative pokemon, she takes part in parties with Lavis. A lot of people believe Lavis and Aphid to secretly be dating.

Arrow the Tatsugiri
(They/them)
Arrow joined the team third, not long into their adventures. They joined the party after being saved and realizing they wanted to save others like Team Cinderwave. Lavis gladly accepted when they asked to join. They are responsible for many of the trade deals that have been made to support the islands within the Land of Mountains. Arrow acts as the strategist of the team, as well as their accountant. They are the ones that prepare supplies for dungeon raids.

Rosa the Salazzle
(She/her)
Rosa joined far later than Arrow. She was a powerful bandit they had tracked down and captured. Upon seeing her power, Lavis made an offer. Either she would be incarcerated, or she would be allowed to join Team Cinderwave. Rosa took the latter option and soon fell into a passion for the historical ruins of the ancient civilization. She was the one that realized the ancients may know something of how to stop the Dungeons and she was the one that started Silver University.
Mega Evolution is, in many pokedex entries, described as a not so pleasant procedure. Many pokemon are harmed by Mega Evolution. I intend to play into this effect, eventually. Any pokemon will be able to mega evolve eventually, and gain a big power boost in the process. They will also change back to their original form when done. However, Mega Evolution will take a toll on the body. This is a big spot where I see myself playing into body horror/gore. If that’s not something you’re interested in for your pokemon specifically, that’s okay. They can either not end up Mega Evolving, or the Mega Evolution can have an equally negative effect without the gore association.

Other gimmicks will also probably be included. I love the idea of including terastallization, though its effects won’t be nearly as grim as Mega Evolution. I probably won’t include gigantamaxing, as I don’t see how it could fit in a fun way into the story. Z-Moves may come into play, but that, like Mega Evolution, won’t come until later. If you have a request for a gimmick of some kind, let me know.

TBD

Last edited:
I love this concept and I'm adding a Pokemon character here. However, we would need permission to utilize Mega Evolution from the site admin (StellarWind Elsydeon), and you would likely need to talk to said site admin if Terastalization could be added in this world, considering the crystals are only in a few places in the canon main game world. If you have already done so, great! Just looking out for you, lol.

How many moves can we add to our Pokemon? Just the regular four? Or can we have a couple more? And for Pokemon with multiple abilities (specifically primary and secondary abilities, not including hidden abilities), will they have access to both abilities like they do in some PMD games?

Character Name: Baxter
Pronouns: He/Him
Pokemon: Level 15 Frigibax - Dragon/Ice (Being Ice-Type, he cannot be frozen, and is immune to hail and Sheer Cold, and during snow has an increased Defense by 50%.) | Thermal Exchange: Increases Attack when hit by a Fire-Type attack (not status moves), and is immune to Burn, but isn't immune to the Fire-Type attack's damage. | Moves: Aqua Tail (Dragonite Father Egg), Dragon Rush (Dragonite Father Egg), Icy Wind, Tackle.
Notable Characteristics: The triangular, dark, dorsal fin on his back glitters when he absorbs heat through said fin, converting it into ice energy and storing this ice energy within its body to help cool the surrounding area or to bolster his physical attacks. The greater the temperature is, the more he absorbs. He also has Thermal Exchange, bolstering this heat absorption that allows him to increase his Attack when hit by a Fire-Type attack, preventing him from being burned, but it doesn't negate the damage dealt. The yellow quills (one on each wrist) are tattered on the edges. He is also rather big for a Frigibax, being 2'06" (76.2 cm) and weighing 45 lbs (20.4 kg) instead of 1'08" (50.8 cm) and weighing 37.5 lbs (17 kg).
Youth: He was born in Deeproot Town to his mother - a Baxcalibur - and a father - a Dragonite. He also had a younger sister, a Dratini. He looked up to his parents, wanting to be just as strong as them. He and his sister were taught by their parents a great number of things, specifically how to survive while out in the wild and how to fight. Their parents knew - given they were both big shots within their respective Rescue Teams - that the children would be filled with the desire to become just as great if not greater than their parents some day. They grew up, took courses within Silver University once they were old enough, and they even went out of their way to help the populace of Deeproot Town with little problems. To be a functioning member of a Rescue Team, one must look towards home and their community first and learn how to serve others, which was what they did. Baxter specifically found himself self-sacrificing maybe a bit too much, something that his sister chastised him for, of whom was rather selfish. She couldn't quash his desire to help others however, even if it ended up hurting him.
Training/Adulthood: Days after his 18th birthday, his father - Gladius - went missing. Baxter thought that maybe his father was busy with mail or were saving Pokemon from the Void Sea, but after a month had gone by, Baxter realized that he wasn't going to be seeing his father again. His mother was gravely upset, and she called upon her own Rescue Team or went to make a new one to find her husband. Most who had her skill level also had children and lovers of their own, but she managed to scrounge up a team. However, for two years and many expeditions later, they always turned up empty-handed. Not wanting to see his family suffer, Baxter went ahead to join a Rescue Team, unbeknownst to him that his sister had already joined a Treasure Hunter team and had already begun her own search. Baxter knew that even if he didn't find his father, he could at least save others and ease the heartache of their families and friends back home. He hoped his father was still alive, and in fact was rather optimistic that he was, but his sister wasn't so optimistic. If he's been gone for two years, she deduced he'd likely be dead, or became the reason for a Dungeon's appearance. Regardless, Baxter's sister was already earning her keep and learning while searching for clues of their father's whereabouts, while Baxter just needed to get into a Rescue Team so he may at least take his parents' place as a powerhouse and Deeproot Town's defense.
Reason for wanting to be in a rescue team: Not only to help people, but to find his father, Gladius.
Notable Figures: Baxcalibur mother, Bellicina, is one of the Pokemon who guard Deeproot Town. She is a part of her own Rescue Team, but has since relaxed from her role as she needed to maintain a stable home life for her two children. Dragonite father, Gladius, is not only a part of Deeproot Town's defense but is also in charge of delivering mail and insuring the safety of traded goods as they came to and from the harbor. He was also in his own Rescue Team, but has since retired from duty to be present for his two children. He's gone missing since Baxter's 18th birthday. Dratini sister, Tina, is a couple years younger than Baxter, being 18. She can be a bit unruly, wanting to be stronger than Baxter. The two of them have a healthy rivalry with each other, wanting to see each other grow stronger and being each other's obstacle, but also wanting to protect each other from harm if it ever came down to it.

Last edited:
I love this concept and I'm adding a Pokemon character here. However, we would need permission to utilize Mega Evolution from the site admin (StellarWind Elsydeon), and you would likely need to talk to said site admin if having Terastalization could be added in this world, considering the crystals are only in a few places in the canon main game world. If you have already done so, great! Just looking out for you, lol.

How many moves can we add to our Pokemon? Just the regular four? Or can we have a couple more? And for Pokemon with multiple abilities (specifically primary and secondary abilities, not including hidden abilities), will they have access to both abilities like they do in some PMD games?

Character Name: Baxter
Pronouns: He/Him
Pokemon: Frigibax - Dragon/Ice (Being Ice-Type, he cannot be frozen, and is immune to hail and Sheer Cold, and during snow has an increased Defense by 50%.)
Notable Characteristics: The triangular, dark, dorsal fin on his back glitters when he absorbs heat through said fin, converting it into ice energy and storing this ice energy within its body to help cool the surrounding area or to bolster his physical attacks. The greater the temperature is, the more he absorbs. He also has Thermal Exchange, bolstering this heat absorption that allows him to increase his Attack when hit by a Fire-Type attack, preventing him from being burned, but it doesn't negate the damage dealt. The yellow quills (one on each wrist) are tattered on the edges. He is also rather big for a Frigibax, being 2'06" (76.2 cm) and weighing 45 lbs (20.4 kg) instead of 1'08" (50.8 cm) and weighing 37.5 lbs (17 kg).
Youth: He was born in Deeproot Town to his mother - a Baxcalibur - and a father - a Dragonite. He also had a younger sister, a Dratini. He looked up to his parents, wanting to be just as strong as them. He and his sister were taught by their parents a great number of things, specifically how to survive while out in the wild and how to fight. Their parents knew - given they were both big shots within their respective Rescue Teams - that the children would be filled with the desire to become just as great if not greater than their parents some day. They grew up, took courses within Silver University once they were old enough, and they even went out of their way to help the populace of Deeproot Town with little problems. To be a functioning member of a Rescue Team, one must look towards home and their community first and learn how to serve others, which was what they did. Baxter specifically found himself self-sacrificing maybe a bit too much, something that his sister chastised him for, of whom was rather selfish. She couldn't quash his desire to help others however, even if it ended up hurting him.
Training/Adulthood: Days after his 18th birthday, his father went missing. Baxter thought that maybe his father was busy with mail or were saving Pokemon from the Void Sea, but after a month had gone by, Baxter realized that he wasn't going to be seeing his father again. His mother was gravely upset, and she called upon her own Rescue Team or went to make a new one to find her husband. Most who had her skill level also had children and lovers of their own, but she managed to scrounge up a team. However, for two years and many expeditions later, they always turned up empty-handed. Not wanting to see his family suffer, Baxter went ahead to join a Rescue Team, unbeknownst to him that his sister had already joined a Treasure Hunter team and had already begun her own search. Baxter knew that even if he didn't find his father, he could at least save others and ease the heartache of their families and friends back home. He hoped his father was still alive, and in fact was rather optimistic that he was, but his sister wasn't so optimistic. If he's been gone for two years, she deduced he'd likely be dead, or became the reason for a Dungeon's appearance. Regardless, Baxter's sister was already earning her keep and learning while searching for clues of their father's whereabouts, while Baxter just needed to get into a Rescue Team so he may at least take his parents' place as a powerhouse and Deeproot Town's defense.
Reason for wanting to be in a rescue team: Not only to help people, but to find his father.
Notable Figures: Baxcalibur mother, Bellicina, is one of the Pokemon who guard Deeproot Town. She is a part of her own Rescue Team, but has since relaxed from her role as she needed to maintain a stable home life for her two children. Dragonite father, Gladius, is not only a part of Deeproot Town's defense but is also in charge of delivering mail and insuring the safety of traded goods as they came to and from the harbor. He was also in his own Rescue Team, but has since retired from duty to be present for his two children. Dratini sister, Tina, is a couple years younger than Baxter, being 18. She can be a bit unruly, wanting to be stronger than Baxter. The two of them have a healthy rivalry with each other, wanting to see each other grow stronger and being each other's obstacle, but also wanting to protect each other from harm if it ever came down to it.
Thank you! I misunderstood the rules, it seemed! I thought that was only legendaries. I’ll talk to the admin. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I’ll add this to the rp info: 4 moves, 1 ability of your choice. I would say the characters are around level 15.

I adore Baxter. His reason for joining a rescue team is very strong, which I love. I have a couple questions. First, his notable figures state that Gladius has stayed at home to take care of his children. Am I confused in thinking that Gladius is the Pokémon who has gone missing? Second, for clarity’s sake, if we get a chance to meet the sister (which is likely), would you prefer to rp her, or should I?

Let me see a version of Baxter with his moves and ability written out under “Pokemon”. Once I know what those are, I can pretty confidently say that he is approved. Thank you!

Thank you! I misunderstood the rules, it seemed! I thought that was only legendaries. I’ll talk to the admin. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I’ll add this to the rp info: 4 moves, 1 ability of your choice. I would say the characters are around level 15.

I adore Baxter. His reason for joining a rescue team is very strong, which I love. I have a couple questions. First, his notable figures state that Gladius has stayed at home to take care of his children. Am I confused in thinking that Gladius is the Pokémon who has gone missing? Second, for clarity’s sake, if we get a chance to meet the sister (which is likely), would you prefer to rp her, or should I?

Let me see a version of Baxter with his moves and ability written out under “Pokemon”. Once I know what those are, I can pretty confidently say that he is approved. Thank you!
You're welcome :D

Yes, Gladius - the father Dragonite - is the one who has disappeared (I should probably make that more clear lol).

I'd prefer to play her, since she's kind of a complex character lol.

I'll add the changes to my sheet. :3

You're welcome :D

Yes, Gladius - the father Dragonite - is the one who has disappeared (I should probably make that more clear lol).

I'd prefer to play her, since she's kind of a complex character lol.

I'll add the changes to my sheet. :3
Awesome! I always like to check. Are there other characters in the backstory you would prefer to play? I’m most specifically thinking about Gladius, because I would absolutely love to include him in the plot.

Awesome! I always like to check. Are there other characters in the backstory you would prefer to play? I’m most specifically thinking about Gladius, because I would absolutely love to include him in the plot.
You can play as Gladius :3 Very responsible man, very dedicated and is extremely helpful. However, he does have his own temper, which he's tempered some time ago, but it's like an evil vice for him XD

Awesome! He is approved! I’ll let you know when/if this turns into a full rp.
Thank youuuu :D

Character Name: Lucid
Pronouns: he/him
Pokemon: Luxio
Ability: Guts
Moves: Shock Wave, Night Slash, Ice Fang, Confuse Ray
Notable Characteristics: Wears a pitch-black coat that hides scars sustained from his childhood. His eyes are also blood red.
Youth: His parents gaslighted him often, leading to his mistrust of authority. He is also believed to have been coerced into killing another Pokemon, but nobody brings that up. Especially in front of him. He believes his father was a psychopathic criminal, but he genuinely doubts it. He also believes his father killed his mother. He is genuinely surprised he survived his childhood. Fairly enough, he doesn't like talking about his childhood to anyone other than those he trusts more than anyone else.
Training/Adulthood: After escaping his home, Lucid underwent his own (admittedly extreme) training which led to him learning his current moves and probably evolving (he doesn't know if his training or stopping the syndicates was linked to his evolution). Nothing else is known besides the fact that he had successfully ended a violent confrontation between two (admittedly minor) crime syndicates.
Reason for wanting to be in a rescue team: To heal his emotional scars.
Notable Figures: None positive.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Absol
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Superpower, Thunderbolt
Notable Characteristics: Wears a pitch-black coat that hides scars sustained from his childhood. His eyes are also blood red.
Youth: Not much is known about his childhood aside from the fact that his parents gaslighted him often, leading to his mistrust of authority. He is also known to have been coerced into killing another Pokemon, but nobody brings that up. Especially in front of him.
Training/Adulthood: After escaping his home, Lucid underwent his own training which led to him learning his current moves. Nothing else is known besides the fact that he had successfully ended a violent confrontation between two (admittedly minor) crime syndicates.
I don’t dislike this character, but absol is unfortunately a single stage pokemon. I would prefer if the characters had at least one evolution. Additionally, l would like to know generally what he believed his childhood to be like. It’s okay that those memories may not be correct, but I feel I am missing a vital part of his development.

Honestly, this rp seems quite perfect if it will have a slower pace (I am a uni student, though now working a summer job) and seems so very interesting and I have been lurking on charms for a while looking for something to catch my attention and this just seems amazing as an RP concept.

Character Name: Tilda
Pronouns: She/her
Pokemon: Tinkatink Fairy/Steel - Lvl 15
Ability: Mold Breaker - The Pokémon's moves are unimpeded by the Ability of the target.
Moves: (Up to 4, limit of 2 egg moves) Astonish, Metal Claw, Rock Smash and Covet

Notable Characteristics: Tilda's top 'hair' tuft is larger, almost comically so and is tied up with the help of a light blue scarf. She likes to sassily swing it around and plays with it when bored. Her rattle/club is a good bit worn from hitting rocks in hopes of finding something precious to trade with.

Youth: Tilda grew up in a bit of a hectic household in Deeproot Town. She is the second oldest in her family with an older brother Morgrem named Grimm jr and four younger Impidimp brothers with a lone Tinkaton mother trying to support them on her own. They live closer to the mountain as her mother works hard to support the family as one of the town crafters and smith, though the four younglings take up a lot of her time. The father Grimm sr was one of the professors at the Silver University, but unfortunately passed away in the event of a Mystery Dungeon forming inside the town.

Tilda grew up on stories of riches beyond town, deep within dungeons and seeing many adventuring parties go on missions, some to find these mentioned treasures. Now after the passing of her father, Tilda does her best to help in whatever way she can to help her mother with the smithery or with looking after her brothers and with this change she didn't grow up with many friends, but her family is the most important thing to her. After the passing of their father, Grimm Jr's performance at the academy dipped drastically, but now is pushing hard to become an avid researcher to hopefully be able to support his family like his father did once. She applied to the guild as soon as she turned 18, much to the dismay of her older brother.

Training/Adulthood: Tilda has some combat experience as she has play wrestled her brothers more than once and has learned some essential tricks in case she'd be lost. Her main knowledge is in crafting and mining and hopes these skill sets will help her in joining the guild and her future team. Hitting something hard enough with a metal club does the job quite well too.

Reason for wanting to be in a rescue team: Essentially, treasure so she can ensure that her family can live more comfortably. That's her ultimate goal, even if it is dangerous, but this could be the only way to help her family quickly and efficiently. She is very focused on this goal and rewards seem to motivate her the most.

Notable Figures: (Friends, Family, Mentors, etc.) Tinkaton mother named Tessa, deceased Grimsnarl father named Grimm sr, Older brother Grimm jr (was called Junior, now goes by Grimm), younger Impidimp brothers named Hocus, Pocus, Gizmo and Dob.

1715428448487.png

Last edited:
Honestly, this rp seems quite perfect if it will have a slower pace (I am a uni student, though now working a summer job) and seems so very interesting and I have been lurking on charms for a while looking for something to catch my attention and this just seems amazing as an RP concept.

Character Name: Tilda
Pronouns: She/her
Pokemon: Tinkatink Fairy/Steel - Lvl 15
Ability: Mold Breaker - The Pokémon's moves are unimpeded by the Ability of the target.
Moves: (Up to 4, limit of 2 egg moves) Astonish, Metal Claw, Rock Smash and Covet

Notable Characteristics: Tilda's top 'hair' tuft is larger, almost comically so and is tied up with the help of a light blue scarf. She likes to sassily swing it around and plays with it when bored. Her rattle/club is a good bit worn from hitting rocks in hopes of finding something precious to trade with.

Youth: Tilda grew up in a bit of a hectic household. She is the second oldest in her family with an older brother Morgrem named Grimm jr and four younger Impidimp brothers with a lone Tinkaton mother trying to support them on her own. They live closer to the mountain as her mother works hard to support the family as one of the town crafters and smith, though the four younglings take up a lot of her time. The father Grimm sr was one of the professors at the Silver University, but unfortunately passed away in the event of a Mystery Dungeon forming inside the town.

Tilda grew up on stories of riches beyond town, deep within dungeons and seeing many adventuring parties go on missions, some to find these mentioned treasures. Now after the passing of her father, Tilda does her best to help in whatever way she can to help her mother with the smithery or with looking after her brothers and with this change she didn't grow up with many friends, but her family is the most important thing to her. After the passing of their father, Grimm Jr's performance at the academy dipped drastically, but now is pushing hard to become an avid researcher to hopefully be able to support his family like his father did once. She applied to the guild as soon as she turned 18, much to the dismay of her older brother.

Training/Adulthood: Tilda has some combat experience as she has play wrestled her brothers more than once and has learned some essential tricks in case she'd be lost. Her main knowledge is in crafting and mining and hopes these skill sets will help her in joining the guild and her future team. Hitting something hard enough with a metal club does the job quite well too.

Reason for wanting to be in a rescue team: Essentially, treasure so she can ensure that her family can live more comfortably. That's her ultimate goal, even if it is dangerous, but this could be the only way to help her family quickly and efficiently. She is very focused on this goal and rewards seem to motivate her the most.

Notable Figures: (Friends, Family, Mentors, etc.) Tinkaton mother named Tessa, deceased Grimsnarl father named Grimm sr, Older brother Grimm jr (was called Junior, now goes by Grimm), younger Impidimp brothers named Hocus, Pocus, Gizmo and Dob.

Oh! I love Tilda!!! She’s adorable. I have a couple questions, but once they’re answered, I’ll likely accept her.

First, what town did she grow up in? Is it on Ancient Pillars? I actually quite like this lore drop. There are plenty of smaller towns scattered on the islands. I would love if you named the town. Is it still plagued by a mystery dungeon? I’m pretty open in world building, so I love when my players add places to my world.

Second, are there characters in her backstory that you’d prefer I don’t play? I like to make sure because I try to include characters from backstories when I can.

Ah sorry if I made it unclear but I imagined them living in Deeproot since Grimm Sr worked at Silver University. I read up on the Team Cinderwave lore and in my mind I had thought that the town they saved from being/becoming a mystery dungeon was Deeproot. I of course can change the backstory or then Grimm Sr somehow traveled to and from Silver University to his family every now and then. I am honestly fine with any of the options I presented and you're the boss of this Rp so pick whatever might fit the world best.

Second, I think Tilda's family part from Grimm Jr are going to be minor characters (unless something will change) so I can rp Tessa, and the Impidimp rascals for the time being at least.

I don’t dislike this character, but absol is unfortunately a single stage pokemon. I would prefer if the characters had at least one evolution. Additionally, l would like to know generally what he believed his childhood to be like. It’s okay that those memories may not be correct, but I feel I am missing a vital part of his development.
Fair enough. I'll make some changes now.

Edit: changes made.

Last edited:
Ah sorry if I made it unclear but I imagined them living in Deeproot since Grimm Sr worked at Silver University. I read up on the Team Cinderwave lore and in my mind I had thought that the town they saved from being/becoming a mystery dungeon was Deeproot. I of course can change the backstory or then Grimm Sr somehow traveled to and from Silver University to his family every now and then. I am honestly fine with any of the options I presented and you're the boss of this Rp so pick whatever might fit the world best.

Second, I think Tilda's family part from Grimm Jr are going to be minor characters (unless something will change) so I can rp Tessa, and the Impidimp rascals for the time being at least.

Oh! Shoot, no I see what you’re saying. Apologies, my weekend has been very loud and busy. Your original lore works totally fine.

Aside from clarifying the exact town, I say this character is approved. Thank you for your patience!

Pokemon: Luxio
Ability: Guts
Moves: Shock Wave, Night Slash, Ice Fang, Confuse Ray
Youth: His parents gaslighted him often, leading to his mistrust of authority. He is also known to have been coerced into killing another Pokemon, but nobody brings that up. Especially in front of him. He believes his father was a psychopathic criminal, but he genuinely doubts it. He also believes his father killed his mother. He is genuinely surprised he survived his childhood. Fairly enough, he doesn't like talking about his childhood to anyone other than those he trusts more than anyone else.
Training/Adulthood: After escaping his home, Lucid underwent his own training which led to him learning his current moves. Nothing else is known besides the fact that he had successfully ended a violent confrontation between two (admittedly minor) crime syndicates.

I’m liking him a lot more now. I would love some clarity on his training and how it relates to the crime syndicates! I would love to expand on these syndicates in lore. To clarify, has he been coerced into killing a Pokémon? If you’d prefer to keep that private from other players, you’re free to DM me the answers to any of these questions. As a GM, I’d prefer to know these details. Originally I was worried about him being a Luxio, but nope! That works at this level. Could the event of bringing together the crime syndicates be related to his evolution?

I’m liking him a lot more now. I would love some clarity on his training and how it relates to the crime syndicates! I would love to expand on these syndicates in lore. To clarify, has he been coerced into killing a Pokémon? If you’d prefer to keep that private from other players, you’re free to DM me the answers to any of these questions. As a GM, I’d prefer to know these details. Originally I was worried about him being a Luxio, but nope! That works at this level. Could the event of bringing together the crime syndicates be related to his evolution?
All fair questions. I still have no idea what I'm doing but I'll make a few more edits anyway-

Edit: I think I'm making his backstory a little vague for this but uhhhh changes made yaaaaaAAAAAY- (idk)

Inner conflict is a thing but I don't blame you for being confused. XD
I'm meaning more of:
if someone genuinely doubts something, that means they really don't believe the information. Especially if you put 'genuinely' there, it means they strongly don't believe that.
Translated, it means Lucid believes but strongly doesn't believe his father is a psychopathic criminal XD which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Now, he could believe his father is a psychopathic criminal (especially after the death of his mother likely being connected to him), but he doesn't want to believe it, which is probably what you're going for.

I'm meaning more of:
if someone genuinely doubts something, that means they really don't believe the information. Especially if you put 'genuinely' there, it means they strongly don't believe that.
Translated, it means Lucid believes but strongly doesn't believe his father is a psychopathic criminal XD which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Now, he could believe his father is a psychopathic criminal (especially after the death of his mother likely being connected to him), but he doesn't want to believe it, which is probably what you're going for.
Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I was going for. XD

Hey, this RP sounds fun and a nice way to get back into the swing of things after an extended break.

Character Name: Nyx

Pronouns: They/Them

Pokemon: Duskull

Ability: Levitate

Moves: Shadow Sneak, Confuse Ray, Disable, Pain Split (Chandelure parent)

Notable Characteristics: Nyx has an Amulet Coin wrapped around the top part of their robe which they are very protective of, meticulously cleaning it and making sure it doesn't get dirty or broken.

Youth: Nyx grew up as an only child of a banker Dusknoir. Their mother, a Chandelure, left shortly after Nyx was born after realizing that she didn't love the Dusknoir anymore and didn't want to live with someone who loved their job more than their partner. Nyx was too young to remember anything about their mother, and their father refused to talk about her in any detail. Instead, he taught his child that only money does not turn its back on them.

Even though the household wasn't exactly poor, you would not be able to tell that at a first glance. Every penny saved was one that counted, and luxuries were a waste of money according to the head of the house. This philosophy was picked up on by Nyx, who became just as stingy and protective of their money as their father was, sometimes unsettlingly so when seeing the two side by side. This obsession with money, along with the general unsettling vibe Nyx exuded, their dad being more at work than at home and a general lack of affection when their dad was at home, led to quite the lonely youth for the young Duskull.

Training/Adulthood: When Nyx reached the age of 18, their father did something quite unexpected. He had bought them a gift. Nyx was bewildered by the gesture, since their dad never spent more money than was necessary. Inside the gift box was an Amulet Coin, a sign of good luck and fortune according to their dad. He told them to take good care of it, as it would lead them to great treasures in life.

Weeks passed, and Nyx had taken immaculate care of the Amulet Coin, when their singular eye spotted a Rescue Team that had just gotten back from a dangerous mission. Seeing the reward they had gotten and the camaraderie between the Pokémon made their heart throb, presumably because of the amount of money that being part of a Rescue Team would grant them. Even though their father was not keen on the idea at first, eventually he reluctantly let his only child forge their own path and allowed them to be in a rescue team. And maybe, just maybe, they would find the treasure they were always looking for.

Reason for wanting to be in a rescue team: To put it bluntly, money. Nyx always has their one, singular, unblinking red eye on the prize and is willing to go great lengths for the prospect of being paid. However, a small part of them, and perhaps one that they don't even realize themselves, longs for the warmth and feeling of companionship and a sense of belonging that comes from being part of a rescue team.

Notable Figures: Mortimer, Nyx' father and a local banker. Callous, stubborn and a penny-pincher, Mortimer is not the nicest Pokémon to be around. Still, he is a Pokémon of his word and never goes back on a promise. That being said, he is a stickler to the rules and takes any attempt of theft as an attempt on his life, protecting the bank's money with any means necessary.

Art credit: @IDKWhatUserNameToDo
Nyx.png

Last edited:
Hey, this RP sounds fun and a nice way to get back into the swing of things after an extended break.

Character Name: Nyx

Pronouns: They/Them

Pokemon: Duskull

Ability: Levitate

Moves: Shadow Sneak, Confuse Ray, Disable, Pain Split (Chandelure parent)

Notable Characteristics: Nyx has an Amulet Coin wrapped around the top part of their robe which they are very protective of, meticulously cleaning it and making sure it doesn't get dirty or broken.

Youth: Nyx grew up as an only child of a banker Dusknoir. Their mother, a Chandelure, left shortly after Nyx was born after realizing that she didn't love the Dusknoir anymore and didn't want to live with someone who loved their job more than their partner. Nyx was too young to remember anything about their mother, and their father refused to talk about her in any detail. Instead, he taught his child that only money does not turn its back on them.

Even though the household wasn't exactly poor, you would not be able to tell that at a first glance. Every penny saved was one that counted, and luxuries were a waste of money according to the head of the house. This philosophy was picked up on by Nyx, who became just as stingy and protective of their money as their father was, sometimes unsettlingly so when seeing the two side by side. This obsession with money, along with the general unsettling vibe Nyx exuded, their dad being more at work than at home and a general lack of affection when their dad was at home, led to quite the lonely youth for the young Duskull.

Training/Adulthood: When Nyx reached the age of 18, their father did something quite unexpected. He had bought them a gift. Nyx was bewildered by the gesture, since their dad never spent more money than was necessary. Inside the gift box was an Amulet Coin, a sign of good luck and fortune according to their dad. He told them to take good care of it, as it would lead them to great treasures in life.

Weeks passed, and Nyx had taken immaculate care of the Amulet Coin, when their singular eye spotted a Rescue Team that had just gotten back from a dangerous mission. Seeing the reward they had gotten and the camaraderie between the Pokémon made their heart throb, presumably because of the amount of money that being part of a Rescue Team would grant them. Even though their father was not keen on the idea at first, eventually he reluctantly let his only child forge their own path and allowed them to be in a rescue team. And maybe, just maybe, they would find the treasure they were always looking for.

Reason for wanting to be in a rescue team: To put it bluntly, money. Nyx always has their one, singular, unblinking red eye on the prize and is willing to go great lengths for the prospect of being paid. However, a small part of them, and perhaps one that they don't even realize themselves, longs for the warmth and feeling of companionship and a sense of belonging that comes from being part of a rescue team.

Notable Figures: Mortimer, Nyx' father and a local banker. Callous, stubborn and a penny-pincher, Mortimer is not the nicest Pokémon to be around. Still, he is a Pokémon of his word and never goes back on a promise. That being said, he is a stickler to the rules and takes any attempt of theft as an attempt on his life, protecting the bank's money with any means necessary.

Art credit: @IDKWhatUserNameToDo View attachment 947834
OH! Ah! Adorable. I love Nyx. I'll ask you the same question I've asked the others:

Is there characters in their backstory that you would prefer to rp if they were brought into the situation? I would love to bring the characters' family into the story and I am primarily looking at that mother and tapping my fingers like a cartoon villain.

OH! Ah! Adorable. I love Nyx. I'll ask you the same question I've asked the others:

Is there characters in their backstory that you would prefer to rp if they were brought into the situation? I would love to bring the characters' family into the story and I am primarily looking at that mother and tapping my fingers like a cartoon villain.
Happy you like them! I am fine with you taking the mother and doing whatever you want with those soul burning flames. As for Mortimer, I'd like to rp him myself, but you have permission to use him for story purposes if it comes to that

I had a character concept thought of, but didn't go with so I thought I could share the idea here in case you want to cook something more with the idea. A moon church (cult?) run by the Clefairy line somewhere in one of the mountains. Maybe also worships a giant moonstone, but that's the extent of my idea.
Ooooh, that's sick. Taking note of that.