• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Zak's Sprites

I've seen a lot of talented spriters at this forum and I've been doing my own trainer card (my own background, my own trainer and my own Badges), so I thought it would be good that someone told me if the trainer and the Badges look good or not. It's my second or third time making sprites, and i like it, so i want to improve. Those are my sprites, if you've ever watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (japanese anime show), you'll (or you should) recognize everything:

Badge 1, Lagann's DrillKey:
Taladro.png

Badge 2, Lagann's "Headband":
Lagann.png

Badge 3, Yoko's Skull Hairpin:
Clip.png

Badge 4, Spiral:
Espiral.png

Badge 5, King Kittan's Head:
KingKittan.png

Badge 6, Nia's Eye:
niaxx7.png

Badge 7, Gurren's Head:
Gurren.png

Badge 8, Viral's Ganmen (Gunmen for english people) Helmet:
Viral.png
And finally, the custom trainer, it's made with another sprite's parts and some things were added by me (flames (yeah, they're supposed to be flames) on his trousers or those glasses (another TTGL reference), in example):

spritecustomtrainer.png

Well, what do you think about them?

Maybe i'll make some more trainers or sprite works, so I'll post them on this thread.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Your sprites and badges (not medals, I believe, unless they really are medals and not badges) are actually really good! i think the hair could do with a bit more shading, though. As in a bit.

And the "Yoko's Skull hairpin" looks a bit flat. Is it just me?

Yeah, you're right, they're badges. I got confused with the translation, edited now.
The hairpin badge is flat, i couldn't shade it, the method i was using to shade badges was useless with pure black and pure white, and i didn't realised that there are other methods until this very moment =___=.
I'm glad you liked them =D

EDIT: Added some shading to the hairpin badge and the trainer's hair. Here they are:

Clip.png
spritecustomtrainered9.png

I'm not very good shading people.

I think they are turning out really good so far. I think that's cool that you base the badges for one anime for another, haha.

I can take requests, at least during holidays. So feel free to ask for anything. It may take some time (or it may be finished in half an hour), though, I'm quite lazy.

I can take requests, at least during holidays. So feel free to ask for anything. It may take some time (or it may be finished in half an hour), though, I'm quite lazy.
srry i been gone the last few days are you still doing some

if so can you make a badge that is for a psy/dark/ghost gym (really dont care what it looks like) if you need me to tell you what ithink it should look like just say so but i dont care as long as it looks like it would be for my gym please and thanks

No problem, i'll do it. I only need one thing: the size. Would it be like the TC maker's badges (i think they're 16x16 px), like the ones i've made (23x23 px) or bigger?

Here it is, hope you like it:
flamehajizt3.png

It's supposed to be an eye made out of two half beads. That's the first thing i thought when you said it should be for a dark/psy/ghost gym xD

I can do them. No problem. But could you be a bit more specific with the first badge? What do you mean with "that uses blues"? Do you mean using blue colors?

@Wolfness
I did what i could with the first one:
60570472th0.png

And about the second one, choose the one you like most. The first is "wavy" (or it is supposed to be) like an actual flag would be, the second one is more badge-ish:
83314364py0.png

50937019li4.png

Happy new year everyone, it's 2:35 A.M. here!

EDIT:
Updating: Custom trainer made for a friend, also inspired by Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's characters, specially the "sunglasses" (again xD):
spritecustomtrainer2copgx1.png

I like this one much more than the first >___<

RE-EDIT:
@Jocelyn:
I forgot about the blue stripes, they're not actually stripes, but i think they look better this way, if you don't like them, i can modify the badge:
23685655qw2.png

Okay, I have a request if your willing to take it. I would like a badge for a fire/ground gym. If you can't do it, please tell me.

Please and Thankyou!
~Cubone~

hay Zak. i cant believe i havent left a comnet here on how cool those bagdes are and now I won't to request one. If you can may you make a full moon badge and/or a moon cresent badge. If you don't won't to or don't have the time just tell me.

Heh, I like how you used anime char items as badges, very imaginative. You have the official "Slink Approval"
Your prize is a smile. ----->;D

Hey, Zak, I think that all your badges have turned out really nice! So nice, that I have a request!

Could you make me a badge in the shape of a heart, with the colors light blue, black, and pink, blending in that order? if it's a bit too complicated, I understand, but if you do decide to go on with it I'd like to see how it turns out!

Thank you all!
I'll take all requests, no problem. But I can only access internet from thursday to sunday, and the final exams are approaching, so they'll take some time.

I'm sorry but as i've said in two personal messages, i have to move away from here for a few weeks. All requests you've made won't be forgotten and i'll post them here when i'm back, but i won't take more requests until then. Well: See you later!!