• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Without Love.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, this is a first in a long time. I haven't sat down and read a fanfic like this in years, but it was worth it. I've been reading this straight since that last PM I sent you ^^;

I've given you enough constructive criticism as is, so I'm going to focus more on how reading this made me feel...

I loved this, Sem. I loved it more than I expected to, lol. You managed to make me love your characters, and then to tear Tara away like that... Even though I saw it coming from ages back, it still hurt. It hurt a lot. I actually found myself staring silently, wide-eyed with my mouth hanging open at my screen after reading the scene where Tara was shot. Kudos to you. I really appreciate people making me have these sorts of reactions when reading, because to me it's a sign of a good story ^^

I'm rather amused of some of the things in this fic, and all the little hints I picked up on throughout it that something was going to happen to Tara (hence my "I'm paranoid for Tara" comment in the PM XD). After knowing you this long, the foreshadowing just screamed at some points. It was awesome. I love you for it XD

The way Elvia evolved... I've used that idea in the past, too. I knew the second Tara gave Fida her the Dusk Stone you'd do it, I just didn't realize how dangerous the circumstances would be. So cool.

I'm looking forward to reading your other short stories when I can. Keep up the good work, Sem ^^

P.S. - Just repeating what I said in that last PM, but you really should edit the chapters back in your eated posts. And I'll keep nagging you about it until you do, so it'd probably be best if you just did it ;)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Alright folks. As you may have known, the whole fic got eaten during the server move, and I've been rather lazy with getting it back up. XD But that's all done now, just so new people can read it and aren't totally lost when reading Rin.

I should note that the whole fic has been gone over again and edited/proofed/whatnot. So I did add some stuff and I did take some minor things out, and certain events ended up playing out a bit differently, but the ending's all the same. So yeah, re-read it if you wish, feed-back and the like are still welcome. Perhaps I'll be graced with a post from our newly registered Mata Nuian if they ever decide to sit down and read through all of this. xP

Once again guys thanks for the support and the love. When the world is drowning and thrown into utter chaos, you will be among the last die.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Oh my gods if only I finished re-editing yesterday :0 Oh well, resurrecting a thread that has been dead for a year and one day is alright too...

Anyway. YES. IT'S ALIVE.

As I said, I have gone through WL AGAIN and edited stuff. Overall it is much better and can't believe how sloppy some of it was ;o; That's what I get for writing most of it at 2am. (Albeit, most of these edits were done at 2am too) STILL. It is much better. Figured I'd let you people know in case you wanted to give it another read.

I'll be going through the other fics too, and I'll bump them so you know when they're done.