• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Why do you visit Pokecharms?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm curious to know what people like most about this website. What are the things you like seeing on it? Why do you come back? Anything you'd like to see more of? Etc., etc.

I'd like to know why people visit the place so that we can keep doing what you guys like - hopefully improve at it, too. 'Charms has been through a lot of rough patches lately and I want to get the place back on its feet. So, give us your say! Anything is greatly appreciated and will help me do a better job in Doctor Oak's place :)

Summed up: What does Pokecharms mean to you?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I visit PokeCharms because, for one, It's a website I'm involved in in various ways. One of the primary reasons I hang around here, though, is the RP forum. ^_^

... Which by the way, might soon be getting a new RP in the works...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
StellarWind said:
... Which by the way, might soon be getting a new RP in the works...

Great minds think alike. I was on the verge of starting a new one too, but since you sound more motivated than me I'll be lazy and let you do your thing :p

Time to get corn-i-fied and answer my own question ;)

I love Pokecharms for several reasons, the most simple being the fact that it's based on Pokemon - the greatest obsession of my life (for better or worse). It makes me feel like I'm a part of something great, being able to share my love for Pokemon with others, and having some of my closet friends on the web as fellow staff members just makes it all the better. Helping Pokecharms succeed and expand is something I want to do and won't stop doing as long as I possibly can. I don't want it to become just another clone site on the web, though... It should be more. Something that's worth coming to for its unique style. Whether we've reached that plateau or not I'm uncertain of, but it's my goal and I‘m sticking to it ^^

And there you have it ^^;

I'm here because this site has my friends, it's a good source of news, it actually has good grammar and spelling unlike some other sites I could mention, it has a really friendly atmosphere, and the n00b level is kept to a minimum.

I used to like to come see my friends but I don't anymore now I just come to talk about things I used to like to PM people but I think thats annoing now so I really don't do it unless I have a question. I wouldn't really leave this fourm unless I'm banned and I like how nice some people are here!

Pokecharm means to me is...

People involved most of the time so I think it is a clean website to and I think We have a awsome webmaster who cares for his website give Doctor Oak around of appluase! :D *Everyone claps* Yah!!

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I come here because some of my best online friends run it, I've met the owner and still bug him, and it's one of the first to get the best news. Plus it isn't bogged down by the anime. Other than that... Well, the comics are great. :p

I just love the site, it's uncluttered, informative and fun. I like that the rules are more relaxed, I hate sites where the owners are really up themselves and have like 50 rules. You can't do anything without a mod jumping on you and giving you shit. Here it's so different, unless someone is really annoying or takes things too far you guys are really chilled out. That's one of the best things for me, probably because I'm a bit of a bastard and I tend to get in trouble on most other forums. Also I know a lot of the forums users as friends, that's something that keeps me coming back.

I can't think of anything I'd like to see added to or improved on the site at the moment but I'll think about it. Overall I just think it's a great site, made by fans who truly love what the site is about, Pokemon.

REVIVE!!!

Why do I visit...hmmm...

Well, I really like how the main page has been so frequently updated.

I like having news every day or so. Makes it worth coming to see.

It has become very informative, which is good for me, seeing as I don't go anywhere else for 'whats going on in the world' type news.

I really like the people here. (notice my 8post count or whatever it is?)

But its mostly the chat.

If there was no irc channel for pokecharms, you wouldn't know I existed.. I just like to linger around, checking out current events and whatnot. But the chat is a 'hang-out' for me.

.:: posts on PokeCharms Day ::.

I like it because my friend isn't allowed her own email, so we PM all the time. It's also a great forum, very relaxed, and barely anyone goes on! Lol

I only come on here because KI's here :-[
And everyone seems so nice! But I can't understand most of the threads, and another forum takes up most of my time :-\

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I come here because it has alot of people I used to know when I hung around Poke'school... Well, not really know as I was mostly a ghost. We all left after to move to the TCG forums... I heard of PokeCharms then but didn't decide to join. I come back and visit PokeSchool a few months ago and found that all of you had migrated here... as you said you would... :p

I come here because pokéschool was mostly disbanded, I migrate between Lee tuppers board and this one on a daily basis, I also visit pokéschool quite alot but its mostly filled with spammers these days, and while chedy won't change the mod teams its pointless to spend much time around there... just causes me more stress.. so yeah here is good.... Plus i want to win, i mean participate in, the gen crossover challenge

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if I'll even be able to enter the challenge. ^_^;;

Anyways...why I come here...

Well, I first came here because it was a site people I knew from Pokeschool owned, and since I wasn't despised by the owner, I thought I might join.

Then I forgot about it, and Pokeschool. ^_^;;

Then, recently, I came across a post by Dr. Oak-san at the Serebii.net forums (ironic, I know), and saw the link, and was all...hey, I remember that place...

And since most of the friends I made at Pokeschool moved to Pokecharms, I was all...hey, I should go back!

Then I had to figure out what my old password was (took awhile).

Now...I come back...because...I still vaguely know the people I was friends with a couple years ago? And it's cool to read their insane posts.

And I like the site because it's quick to get information, and cooler than Serebii.net. Plus, it's got, like, Irish shtuffs. Irish shtuffs are cool. ^_^

Plus, the layout right now, with the water pokemon picture, is really prettyful. Yaaaay.

I visit pokecharms because you get to make an account, Chose a cool Avatar, and talk about pokemon on the forums. You also get to have your own message page and you can chat with people on the chat page.
Like I always talk to Linkachu and Doctor Oak and sometimes Sem on the Chat page which is really fun.

I come here because of the relaxed, loose staff, and accurate info. Plus, the staff actually notices you and replies to your posts. When the Trainer Card tool came along I couldn't get off this site! And then a Submit Trainers option kept me going and gave me somthing to do. How did I discover this site? Well I was on Serebii and I decided that day I'd search for a new site. I clicked on a link, that site was boring. Then on that site I saw a link with a Hoppip (which I love), and I clicked. DING! I had found my site. Now I visit everyday.

I migrated from Pokeschool like some of the others here. I come here because of the other like-minded Pokemon people like me. I like that Pokecharms has no patience for SPAM or other pointless stuff. The members here are actually intelligent and interesting people. I also like making my own trainer card. It's the first time I've ever had graphics in my sig. Nem's Pokemon review is cool too, though I disagree about what was said about Sceptile and Elekible.

Well, it seems like a decent site, I would like to check out the RP forum, although, it probably is (understandably)more restrictive than what I would like, as the team in my trainer card IS the team I prefer to use, most of the time, and I believe I have two on that team that are usually restricted (which sucks, cuz my crystal suicune is my all time favorite, the only pokémon I ever raised all the way to level 100 without any rare candies (not to mention got it at level 2, gotta love gameshark, once you've beaten the game a couple times to completion, of course)

Last edited by a moderator:
(I hope this is not Nemocracy)

I joined because I got banned from a little pokemon forum called Psypoke. One of the stupid mods said I sent him a PM that contained swearing and stuff.

So I joined this little place.

Even though I found this site by accident from one of my fellow Gaians who had a trainer card, I joined because I simply like pokemon and I find this site quite fun to be in as well as friendly. The atmosphere is great and even though I have not posted much, the people here seem friendly enough. I love the SPAM control thing you got going on ;) Plus I'm a fan fictionist and you a have a general fiction forum which I'm going to attack pretty soon once some of my stories are up-to-date and fixed.

I basically found the trainer cards,and played with them constantly (made like 4 cards).On my 4th i found this trainer bugged on the custom female 4 and chose to report it so it could be fixed up,and then out of curiosity i chose to look around the rest of the fourm.

I just sorta jump around fourms based on what i'm playing at the time....

I visit this place because everyone seems nice, I love pokemon and am I diehard fan, I have absolutly no life and would love wasting some of it here with my fellow Pokemon lovers, and because I love to talk to people, wether its about pokemon, religion, debating, whatever I love to talk. Pokemon is just one of my hottopics, and also the mods are funny XD and its fun to see what they say to things =3 So now im offically addicted anyway.

Well originally Link-A-Chu I came here to create-a-trainer card.

But for some reason I wanted to check out to see if you had an forums. You did. I set up a trading post, by popular demand, I got a lot of trades and was sucked into this forum.

Overall, I love this forum. I think there's a wonderfull staff, and wonderfull members.

I'd come here over Serebi's Forums because:
A) They are slow
B) The people are not nice
C) People don't appreciate trades there
D) It's just not a good forum

Here you can have a nice community of people you can enjoy.

Summing this all up, I come back here everyday because it's such a wonderful forum, and I met such nice people here.

I think that basically sums it up

-Conor-

I came here when I noticed a few trainer cards around the net and used Google. After making a few cards I was suitably impressed so checked out the forum. Since it seemed nice, and more importantly had a nice wifi section, I figured I'd join.

That and some of the spriters here are insanely good.

I created an account because I thought it would be rude to just drop off a sprite in the Trainer Card Trainer thread and never come back. Especially now that its seems you're not using it. v_v; When I get a chance, I'm going to try to make some out of D/P sprites.

I was looking to make a trainer card and I followed the link here. I thought" this is a pretty decent forum, think I'll join it!" I've been looking for a good Pokemon forum for a while and, well, here I am. It's also partially thanks to this forum that I discovered a new hobby, Sprite-making ;D

I like getting news fairly frequently, and the site layout's pretty nice... I also like the forums because they're pretty casual, and the TC maker's pretty cool.