• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What has Pokémon done for you in Real Life?

I guess it's just that Pokemon has got so many things about it. The videogames, the anime... it's just one of those games that you never get tired of!!

Pokemon made me extremely lazy, but it also introduced me to this site. Pokemon actually inspired me to use Paint for something other than writing on the screen and erasing it, and I guess it helped bump up my writing skills.

PokeMon has been my ever loving companion in my quest to slay boredom. When ever I feel that tingle of dissatisfaction with how my day is going I know it's there to cheer me up. Also it's my road trip buddy, we've spent many a long car ride together.

Heh... The greatest thing Pokemon has done for me is given me hope during the hardest of times. Over the years it's become my security blanket, and not in an unhealthy way. Anything that could help pick me up after hitting rock bottom - the lowest point I ever touched emotionally - isn't a bad thing in my eyes.

This is true, I made a very good friend from Pokemon, well, Runescape, but whatever.

We had been really good friends in R/S, and one day, i asked if he had a DS, he said yes, so i got his Platinum FC. We've probably talked and hung out on Wifi every day since then,

(this was six months ago)

Pokemon has taught me patience. (:
Believe it or not, Wyvern used to be a very impatient person. Always hustling, wanting to go on.
And then she played Mystery Dungeon.
^^
It taught me to look at problems from different angles--instead of going through, to go around. I started to realize that some things were more important than others... I began to realize that waiting sometimes had to be done.

...and, I would have never shrieked like a fangirl when I saw this site if I hadn't played Pokemon. Well, I probably would've, but... you get the point.

Well, it's really brought me no where.

Maybe entertainment, but what has it done for me when I'm away from the TV in my room: Is have my family members look down on me when I was little. Telling me I was to old too look at "cartoons" and I happened to be about 11 I think when it began to start. Then I was lectured about how I should grow up, and well....it's all one big universe of insanity after that...

It also made everyone who was into pokemon seem that much better then I was.

Stress...stress bleeding threw my eyes.

Pokemon has helped me in many ways at first just giving me and my friends something to talk about and play then it helped me keep up my creativity during shitty times in my life and so now it gives me an excuse to go out and spend me money on the games