• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Weekly Anime Discussion - You bet your ass there's spoilers

Well, technically, Pikachu aren't seen in Isshu, so the reactions were kinda spot on, for their characters I mean. Shooti is basically the calm, cool rival, unlike Iris, who is a cheerful, extatic girl who likes cute things. Naturally, Shooti is just surprised, while Iris fangasms over him.

Anyway, It does seem like 1st season. Look at the previews, not a Dento in sight yet :) But I think Ash will catch Mijumaru in this episode (if he doesn't I'll be mad).

And huzzah! Best wishes episode 3 review begins!

Well, Mijumaru was captured. Well, actually given. Anyway, Mijumaru seems to be very similar to how CHikorita was, except maybe a bit more attention hungry (Chikorita just hopped on Ash's other shoulder, while Miju fricken pushes Pikachu off.).

Now, this episode kicks off at the hot springs, which seem quite similar to the ones in Lavaridge, with the actual springs and heated sand. Well, here we have a Squirtle wannabe, Meguruko with his own shades. Well, long story short, he was the leader of some pokemon, and witht he help of other Megurukos, he helped Ash and Iris save those pokemon trapped on a island in the middle of boiling water. And for some reason, Miju sprays Ash -_-;.

Now, next episode shows the old man that was revealed about a month ago. It also shows Pokabu. Now, let's speculate. Ash normally doesn't capture starters,when he has already captured one, that appear before them in the Pokedex. However, Pokabu must have some point in the story. Tsutaja belongs with Shooti, Mijumaru with Ash, now Pokabu, I think he'll either be given to Iris, or the anime producers have screwed with the sequence of type capture. (That is, one flying type, one starter, then what ever type they are strong and or weak against, generally making a Fire/Grass/Water based team.).

Now, if this does work out like this, I may have some idea of how Ash will capture his pokemon, if not what pokemon. Remember, this team is just a prediction.

Pikachu
Mamepato
Mijumaru
Baopu
Marakachi
and some other thing. Probably A random Pokemon again. Maybe along the lines as Moguryu.

If its of any help, one of the earlier previews reveals that Pokabu was fighting Baoppu in a gym match. Or rather, in a match inside some sort of building. With the Battle Club in the anime, its possible that's where Pokabu is battling and not in a gym like we all first thought.

Also in the previews, Ash is attling a female Tsutaja. Suffice to say the writers wouldn't put a wild starter in the anime unless it's going to one of the characters.

I think Ash will get all three starters again this time.

Iris hasn't really done much of anything yet, which makes me wonder about her. It'll take a long time to reach the 8th Gym, so I hope she gets some role before that.

I am worried Iris will be treated like Misty. If Iris is there for no reason other than for a female companion, why introduce her at all?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
RX said:
If its of any help, one of the earlier previews reveals that Pokabu was fighting Baoppu in a gym match. Or rather, in a match inside some sort of building. With the Battle Club in the anime, its possible that's where Pokabu is battling and not in a gym like we all first thought.

I'm pretty certain of it, too. The exact same animation from the earlier previews is what was shown in that Battle Club preview, so the Pokabu probably doesn't belong to any of them (unless Ash or Iris obtain it next episode).

B/W episode 3 was rather cute, but I miss my subtitles. Regardless, Iris grabbing Ash's hand at the climax really made me smile. ^^

The next episode looks epic. At least two of the mid-stage starters will be showing up! Futachimaru looked more adorable than ever (gods, I love that thing). ♥ Can't wait to watch it. XD

Well, with the latest episode aired in Japan, let's get to spoiling.

Now, Ashy boy has reached a total of four memebers on his team. Strangely, before the first gym, and right after the episode when he caught Mijumaru... Which is another odd coincedence. So, without further ado... Ash has captured Pokabu. THis was certainly a surprise. Ash normally catches the starters in order of how they appear in the dex, but this is strange. Oh well, since Pokabu was captured in the next consecutive episode after Mijumaru, and the next episode will be against the 3 bros, I don't think he'll be getting Tsutaja. But, as far as the muscly man goes, there was a scene where he weeped when he saw Meowth, and thought he was an Umbreon (Yeah, definately reminds me of a weird combo of FMA's Armstrong and Gardenia with her grass fetish.). But yeah, Ash has now captured 3 Pokemon all before the first gym even. I have to say, this series is progressing very fast, as that is the largest amount he has ever captured beforehand (Not counting DP's Aipom, as Ash brought him with him.).

But anyway, I would guess that Ash gets some grass replacement, but who knows? Until know I was almost able to predict it, but he may get Tsutaja, or he may get some other grass type (preferebly Monmen, and evolve him into Erefuun (so cute X3)).

Does Iris seem kinda...pointless so far? She hasn't really done much of anything in BW and she seems kind of, "just there" for the sake of being a female character on the show.

I hope she gets some screentime soon. We actually might have a female character who battles even less than Misty did, if that's even possible.

Right now I think they are trying to just get Ash through the opening gates, then we'll surely get to more character development. Either that, or they want to keep Iris a bit of a secret for now, as we know she is one of the main possible gym leaders for the last gym. Either that, or they are making a Misty clone, making her collect only Dragon types, which even though there are a lot, they are still hard to find.

More than anything, Iris seems to be acting as a guide for Ash through Isshu, though once Dento joins the party, she's going to have to step it up. She does have interest in catching Pokemon though, as seen when she attempts to capture Pokabu and wanted to catch Mijumaru as well. She'll probably catch new Pokemon in the future, or its possible that she has Pokemon with her and she (and the writers) just doesn't want to reveal her Pokemon or her status as gym leader for whatever reason. She seems to be fairly skilled but as of now, is all talk and has no muscle to back her up since Kibago hasn't even been seen battling yet.

I'm slightly saddened that Iris had the potential to catch Pokabu, but the writers opted to give it to Ash instead. (Even worse, it is pretty much a redux of Charmander and Chimchar, where a cruel trainer abandons them and they find a new friend and partner in Ash) Besides, if Iris had Pokabu, it'd give Ash a more diverse team. There's nothing particularly wrong with having all three starters on your team (the fact that it's Ash battling Tsutaja in the future ep is evidence enough that its going to him) except that it doesn't have much variety. Darumakka, Baoppu, Hitomoshi and Merarva all had interesting traits as Pokemon and the areas that they're found in would've made for some interesting plot ploints.

What's worse is that Ash is catching all these critters at a speedy rate, giving them no time to develop their characters. Mamepato for instance, hasn't even popped up since it was caught in the 2nd episode and doesn't show any signs of appearing in next week's gym battle either. (Ash's lineup for his gym match: Pikachu, Pokabu and Mijumaru as revealed in the preview) I can only hope that having four Pokemon in the span of four episodes would mean that Ash is going to catch more than 6 critters in Isshu and have an actively rotating roster.

Best Wishes does seem like an attempt to be a new Kanto. Ash getting all the starters again, Iris being a tag along Gym leader like Misty, Dento being another Gym leader who cooks food like Brock, etc.

It would be nice if Iris/Dento don't go the Misty/Brock route though. Its hard to believe how so much of Misty and Brock's characters were wasted with them spending so many episodes just standing there in the background as Ash did everything. Their goals were treated as jokes, (Brock did any actual breeding? Misty entered many water tournaments or even battled often? No on both counts), and their Pokemon hardly ever battled and had mostly no purpose.

Its sad when you realize Misty and Brock only ever battled a few times per season. Most of their Pokemon amounted to nothing in the end and sometimes it felt like they captured Pokemon for no reason. What did Misty's Horsea do? Or Brock's Crobat?

If anything Iris and Dento should be the new and improved Misty/Brock, where hopefully they get development throughout their saga and actually serve a purpose.

Aaaaand now, time to review Episode 664!Well, Ash and Iris arrive in Sanyou City and Dento appears out of nowhere. He brings them to his resturaunt, where they are greeted by Pod and Koon. While they sit them down, apparently the other diners are thinking Ash and Iris are lovey dovey :3 but Ashy boy isn't that mature yet.

But what's this? Dento and his brothers have the reverse Brock affect: girls like them! (Brock: Why?!) Anyway, they start the battle. Iris seems to be showing her know it all side by just non challantly observing the battle, but Ash is treating this like a Semi-Rotation battle. Anyway, as the brother's fan club (no doubt a few yaoi lovers in the crowd) cheers them on, Poddo goes first with his Baoppu, while Ash sends out Pokabu. Here, we can obviously tell that the writers have been studying up on the games, as they seem to be showing off moves that I thought couldn't be learned by the monkeys. But anyway, Pokabu hardly uses any of his fire, but he still wins.

Next up is Koon vs Pikachu. Now, I'd consider this a slap to the face for both Pikachu and Ash. Hyappu barely gave Pikachu a chance, which is weird considering their types. But seriously, Pikachu, the same Pikachu to take down a Dragonite, an Onix, and freakin' Latios.... loses to a Hyapuu. -_- well any way, no way Ash can get anymore embarassed..

Never mind. Mijumaru comes out, but is afraid of battling. Obviously, this guy is timid, but he just completely misses Dento's Yannapu. THe thing shot at poor Miju's delicate arse! That SOB! At the end, it appears that Yannapu fires a Kamehameha Solar Beam at Miju. What will happen next!?!?

Well apparently they settle the issue and head over to the abandoned lot of dreams :p Still though, Miju's face
Miju.png
Epic win. I don't care if he loses, this face is epic win.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nue said:
I'm slightly saddened that Iris had the potential to catch Pokabu, but the writers opted to give it to Ash instead. (Even worse, it is pretty much a redux of Charmander and Chimchar, where a cruel trainer abandons them and they find a new friend and partner in Ash) Besides, if Iris had Pokabu, it'd give Ash a more diverse team. There's nothing particularly wrong with having all three starters on your team (the fact that it's Ash battling Tsutaja in the future ep is evidence enough that its going to him) except that it doesn't have much variety. Darumakka, Baoppu, Hitomoshi and Merarva all had interesting traits as Pokemon and the areas that they're found in would've made for some interesting plot ploints.

My thoughts exactly. =/

Anyways, I must admit... I'm not overly impressed with this first Gym Battle. Looking back at Ash's first battle with Roark, this one didn't measure up at all. The emotion wasn't there, and Ash's choices made little sense. Why did he purposely wait to pit Mijumaru against a Grass-type - one he KNEW in advance was coming up? It's just dumb, not to mention cruel to Mijumaru. Didn't Ash learn anything from his rivalry with Paul? XD

Pikachu lost fantastically. What was the point of that? Ash's tactics for Pikachu were rather bland, too. There didn't seem to be much strategy involved, just Ash standing around, calling attacks, and Pikachu getting its ass kicked. It didn't even seem like an overly tough battle. =/

For this being a "rebirth" of the Anime series, they've still yet to convince me that any good has come out of it. TR's new sexy theme and getting to see the Isshu Pokemon is about the best thing Best Wishes has had going for it up until now. Boo. I really hope they step up the quality soon. :p

The only thing about this saga I'm not impressed with so far is Shooti. He doesn't seem like he'll be able to top what Paul brought to the show, or even Gary for that matter. After coming off Ash's greatest rival, Shooti doesn't look like he'll be as interesting.

Iris is a decent character, I'm just glad she's not yet another coordinator. But she really hasn't done much for me to have an opinion on her either way. She's alright so far.

Dento is refreshing simply due to the fact that Brock is finally, finally gone. But I hope Dento doesn't become the next Tracey.

Linkachu said:
Anyways, I must admit... I'm not overly impressed with this first Gym Battle. Looking back at Ash's first battle with Roark, this one didn't measure up at all. The emotion wasn't there, and Ash's choices made little sense. Why did he purposely wait to pit Mijumaru against a Grass-type - one he KNEW in advance was coming up? It's just dumb, not to mention cruel to Mijumaru. Didn't Ash learn anything from his rivalry with Paul? XD

Oh, I don't know. I thought the battle was pretty lulzy and reinforces Miju's role as comic relief for the saga.

lolMijumaru.jpg

But yeah, Pikachu losing to Hiyappu was so unncessary. Losing to Roark is understandable because of the type advantage, But losing to a water monkey is just insulting. Ah well, at least the Pokabu-Baopuu match was pretty awesome (hax HP pig) And I'm still enamored by Dento's smexy voice courtesy of Miyano-san~♥

Time to review where we left off!

Well, Miju survives! *applause* and he uses his own sheel to block it! With this, he procedes to Shell Blade Yannapu's ass to next week, which means Ash wins his first badge! *crickets chirping* yeah, not that surprising -_- But, I must say Iris is definately bugging Ash, as she clearly is mocking him. Dento just looked at him like, "Dude, your girlfriend's mean."

But anyway, Ashy boy receives his badge. Afterwards Team Rocket investigates what looks like a meth-lab explosion gone wrong. I'm guessing this is the Abandoned Lot of Dreams. But after that, Munna wakes up and her "Mommy" takes it back to bed. "How did you get out of your cage?"

As usual, the Nurse of the region explains how she has sisters, cousins, and doplegangers that look exactly alike. And suddenly, Dento appears. He apparently invites Ash to dinner, no doubt charmed by his perpetual youth. He wants him to sign an auto graph no doubt of a secret photo he took of him, but Ash nervously declines. THen we see Tabunne, Isshu's Chansey. Then Iris comes running in, as apparently something is wrong with her glowing pink Kibago.

And along comes a weird pink thing that eats it's dream. It then poof's the smoke out of its, er, blow hole? and shows Kibago's dream. He wants to evolve into Onondo then into Ononokusu. *Imagines Kibago breaking into song: "I just can't waiiiiiiiiiit, to be evolved!!!!" *bricked** But anyway, Makomo shows up and apparently the entire town is ebing infected ith Dream smoke. Ash looks up Musharna in the Pokedex, and he just looks creepy when its awake. Anyway, then they meet Isshu Jenny, then for some reason Mrs. pink takes off Ash's Hat and gives it to Pikachu.

Anyway, Jenny takes them downtown, while Ash still hasn't taken his hat back. Odd, he was almost killed by Primape when he took it. Anyway, Makomo remeinisces about her lab. Apparently the meth lab was her old lab. Then a few unnoteworthy events later, Team Rocket shows up and attacks. The kids then start calling out Musharna, who still creeps me out with open eyes. Anyway, long story short, Pikachu kills Koromori, and Team Rocket runs. They then report back to their boss, who isn't happy.

At the end, Denty says bye bye to his bros, who seem oddly happy (I guess more girls for them), while Iris pops out of a tree. Dento looks at his fancy-pantsy map of Isshu, then Iris runs ahead of the two while Dento is busy telling Ash how best to serve caviar.

Overall, kinda odd. It seems weird just to run a 5 minute addition to the last episode, just to pile this one on top. Not only that, Team Plasma hasn't shown up yet, neither N. Oh well, the next episode shows the female Tsutaja. Something tells me that Miju and Smuggy aren't going to get along.

Well, the next episode hasn't aired yet, but Bulbapedia has given us some nifty info on episode 20.

BW020_concept_4.jpg

Well, apparently Ash will capture a Meguroco, and Iris captures Zuruggu. Now, since these are just storyboards of what may happen, I won't beleive them right off the bat. However, It does look very convincing. THe entire thing can be viewed here.

Now, what does that mean? Well, if I had to point out the obvious, it seems that the writers are trying to convey a feeling of nostalgia here. What sort? Well, we can pretty much assume that Ash will get Tsutaja, that's unavoidable since he got Pokabu after Miju. So, with Meguroco, that makes a full team. Why is this so important? Look back at Ash's first team, in which he had Pikachu, Butterfree, Pidgeoto, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Notice anything similar? Well, if you don't, I'll point it out. Even though back then Pikachu was only a one stage (that is, only being able to evolve once) pokemon, he would eventually get Pichu for a pre-evo. THat means that His first team consited entirely of pokemon capable of evolving twice. THis is the same thing with his newest team. When Ash gets Tsutaja, and more than likely Meguroco, he will have the same thing, minus a bug type. Also, Ash will have captured a full team within the 20 episodes! While this may seem random, it seems like a small hint at the first season to me.

As far as Zurugu goes, this means that Iris will also branch out, which is better for her character's sake. Now, this could also foreshadow that since Iris will not have an entire team of Dragons, that may mean that Shaga will be the final gym leader. But then again, he may not be.

Now, my thoughts on any of this... Well, I don't like how they gave Ash an almost replicate team to Gen 4, which he had both Gliscor and Gible, both ground types. Seriously, they have so many more to choose from, so why ANOTHER ground type? It's starting to turn into a mismatching pattern, like Gen 2 and Gen 4. Personally, I would've given him a steel, bug, or psychic types. But I guess it's not that bad. With Meguroco, he could have a really powerful team if he evolves all of his Pokemon. However, seeing as Professor Oak is in Isshu, I would guess that Ash will try to capture more than 6 Pokemon. Just a guess, but I would look to seeing a herd of Buffaron running next to his Tauros.

The fact that Ash and another main character get Dark types is already pretty cool, if you ask me. Though, this storyboard doesn't outright confirm uruggu belongs to Iris, since there's also a possibility it could belong to Dentp and it just happens to be standing with Iris in that scene. I'm still hoping he'll catch several more Pokemon by the end of the season and have an actively rotating party, something slightly akin to Johto.

Edit: Derp, RX beat me posting ^^;

Hm, if Ash indeed captures the cute croc, it'll be the first time any of the main characters (counting Team Rocket) has owned a dark type. That alone makes me really happy ♥ Plus it looks like it'll be hilarious from the drawing. Going back to Sinnoh, I didn't mind Ash having both Gliscor and Gible at all because. Besides Ash typically raises a variety of Pokemon so I don't mind when he occasionally has two Pokemon of the same type. I did however mind when Dawn got three normal types. I pretty much disliked her team from start to finish because it was so ungainly even after Ambipom went bye-bye. For the longest time she had Mamoswine and four unevolved 'cute' Pokemon. The addition of Togekiss helped somewhat but Mamoswine still stuck out like a sore thumb. I wish another one of her Pokemon had evolved (Ambipom doesn't count).

Well more than likely she'll make a cameo, so says Misty and May, so by then at least Bunneary could evolve. Good Lord Pikachu run! RUN!

SlowPokemon, you can stand to comment a bit more on this week's episode. Warning you for SPAM.

I, for one, find it rather odd that all of Ash's Pokemon's genders are confirmed right off the bat. (Tsutaja and Mamepato being female, Pokabu and Mijumaru being male) It was about as necessary as Tsutaja learning Attract in the first place; that is to say it was specifically catered to be a plotpoint for this one episode. Well, it's still an amusing way for Ash to get his precious Grass Starter, and I'd like to see Ash use this move to his advantage in future battles.

Also Dento has to have the most blatant usage of bag hammerspace ever in the anime, as he is able to store an entire fine dining set in his tiny backpack. Still, I like the way his personality comes into play when he refuses to eat fruit without properly cooking it first.

Next week's ep: attack of the creepier-than-usual Darumakkas. Seriously, those soulless eyes are just terrifying D=

Edit: Crap, In before'd by RX. Oh well, here's my weekly complete summary.

Aaaand now it's time to review episode 666 (EGADS D8 It also has Ash catching a snake! COuld this be a sign?!?...... Nah, probably not :/)

Well, might as well get spoilers outa the way. Ash captures Tsutaja in this ep, just as predicted by millions. What's even less predicted was that now Ash has all three starters, something not done wince Generation II. Kudos to you Ash! Ya did something right.

Anyway, the story starts out as normal. *clears throat*

We now join our heroes walking through a forest to get to Shippou City/Town. Anyway, they get hungry, and Iris goe to fetch some of Nature's food. Now, since Dento is a more "delicate" man, he won't eat it, and goes Cooking Mama on them. I'm surprised he didn't ask for a tip :/ Suddenly, Iris's spidey senses start tingling, pointing to some tall grass. Ashy boy goes to look, and its a Tsutaja eating something! Now, being the repeat beginner Ash is, he just throws a ball at it. Silly boy, it hasn't even been 5 minutes into the show! Of course he escapes. Ash sends Pikachu after it, so Tsutaja starts flirting with it. Waitagoshdarnminute, Attract only works on Pokemon of the opposite sex! THat must mean one thing.....Pikachu must be gay! *bricked* never mind. I've been told that that means Tsutaja is a girl. How awkward :/ Anyway, Shesmug, as I like to call it, then flirts with Pikachu with its seductive body *bricked again*. Pikachu can't resist, and falls in love. Well, this shocks the others, and they begin talking in Japanese so we cannot understand them. Oh, and Tsutaja also knows Vine Whip, and beats Ash on the back before escaping with Leaf Mixer. Proabably wanted to "play" with Pikachu some more too. *Bricked*

Ash begins to discuss the situation with Iris and Dento, and has decided that since he cannot go without a grass starter, probably due to a contract long established since Generation 3, they will sick Mamepato out to find her.

Meanwhile, back at the Batcave...Team Rocket have another video chat with their boss. Blah blah blah.... A few "We will rule the world's" later, Jessie spotted our female friend in the grass. Since they're badass now, Jessie has decided to screw over Ash's contract, but makes the same mistake as he did -_- Might I refer both of you to this. It's nice and slow so you two can get it, Mkay?

After Shetaja (better name!) leaves TR in a trail of dust, she decides to take a nap in the sun. Oh noes, it spotted the little birdie! When Ash arrives at the mountain, Mijumaru breaks out, and tries his attempt at Jiraiya's thing, making him look cuter in several fans eyes.

A little biit later, they climb the mountain to find Shetaja, and she's awake. So, Miju fires a water gun, which misses, and Shetaja tries to flirt again, preparing her Vine Whip (you pervert, this is children's television! >8I). Miju is attracted for a bit, but then knocked out. After knocking the poor, er, boy, out, Shetaja makes a run for it through a forest. Ash tries to act like Iris and swing from vine to vine, but fails, er, falls miserably into a swamp. he and Pikachu are slowly sinking, but Dento and Iris have come to the rescue with a vine! Yayz!

Later, Shetaja makes it to a lake Seriously, the girl just wants some personal space man! so she can get some water. Well, Ash catches up, and does what he should've done in the first place: Sick Pokabu on her >:D but then Porky falls in love. Damn, that girl is good >:I So then Mamopato comes to the rescue and launches a gust at it. Smart move, but Shetaja dodges it. She then uses attract on him, but it doesn't work! So, Mamepato is a girl! D8 Ash is finding out the genders of all of his pokemon in one fricken episode! Anyway, Mamepato then slams her with a tornado of awesomeness, which knocks her out.

The moment of truth! Ash throws a Pokeball at it....but it fails! D8 Shetaja doesn't give up, that's for sure, but Mamepato still gets her. Now, Ash does the right thing, turning his cap backwards (now see, that's why it failed before silly >:I) , and catches it! Ash then welcomes Shetaja onto the team. Epic pose tiem!

PokemonBestWishespic.png

Now, time for episode review:

Well, it was very good. The animation was epic as usual, and for once, the female species are starting to get noticed. Too bad though, out of all of them, I kinda wanted Mamepato to be a boy, so he could evolve into the awesomer Kenhouru form. Anyway, I couldn't help but notice how much Miju was like Ash. He is a bit naiive too, and very silly. Definately seems fitting, eh?

While I'm at it, it appears next week we'll be getting Hihidaruma and Darumakka make an appearance in the next epsisode. Apparently these monkeys will be terrorizing a clock tower. So, join us next week! *bricked* Okay, who on earth keeps doing that!

Disregaurd comments that have been edited. TO watch the entire episode (warning, still raw), look here for part one, and here for part 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked this weeks episode.

OH NO! IT'S SPAM BECAUSE I DIDN'T ELABORATE VERY MUCH ON MY COMMENT. THAT TOTALLY QUALIFIES IT AS SPAM. OH WAIT, IT DOESN'T.

Rabadoo said:
I liked this weeks episode.

OH NO! IT'S SPAM BECAUSE I DIDN'T ELABORATE VERY MUCH ON MY COMMENT. THAT TOTALLY QUALIFIES IT AS SPAM. OH WAIT, IT DOESN'T.

Actually it still does. The quantity of words in the post does not determine whether or not it is SPAM, but the quality. Is it that difficult for you to explain what parts of the episode were your favorite and why? We're not asking for essays or anything, just something a bit more descriptive than a simple 'I like it.'

Ash's team filled up very early this time. He should capture at least 2 more pokemon. I can't wait to see what Dento gets since it'll probably be interesting.

I love that they foreshadowed Iris' Kibago evolving in a dream. She might turn out to be a really strong trainer by the end. Does anyone else think Iris is the writers way of making up for Misty? She has almost the same role Misty did in the early seasons, but this time she might actually be developed as a Gym leader.

The main girls teams have always been a bit hit or miss. Misty's team was mostly boring (aside from Psyduck and Poliwhirl), and her pokemon were mostly weak. It didn't help matters that Misty was shown to be an awful battler throughout her entire run, relying on Psyduck's cheapness to get her way to victory most of the time. She was embarrassingly bad for a Gym leader, hardly ever winning any major matches throughout her run and constantly be a mediocre to poor battler.

Iris might turn out to be what Misty should have been, so it'll be refreshing. Granted we haven't seen Iris battle once yet, but I hope she gives us more memorable battles than Misty ever did, which generally isn't saying much,

Sorry with the comparisons, but Iris is the first girl in a while who is another female Gym leader, so comparing her to Misty the most makes sense.

TIme to review episode 667!!!

Well, as usual, we join our....heroes(?)....in the forest preparing to eat, when there is a town not even a mile from them filled with better places to eat. Anyway, Iris is eating a bunch of berries, and Dento refuses to let Ash eat them, because he need someone to eat the rest of the rice he is cooking. Then, a new face appears! (And what an odd face it is.) Darumaka appears, and Iris goes "Kawaii Desu" over it. Obviously, she was invading his personal space, so he breathes fire on her. That's one way to handle fangirls I guess. Anyway, a "mysterious" hand grabs Kibago's bowl of food while he and Pikachu are looking at the Doll, wondering why he took sleep. Kibago notices, and starts blaming Pikachu. Pikachu insists that he didn't do it. Then the hand appears again, and this time Pikachu sees it, but Kibago doesn't. "So now you're a liar eh?" said Kibago, before he started a fight. The humans are obviously too dumb to see what Pikachu sees. However, finally, they hear a bush and now there are 2 Darumakas! D8 It has the Pokemon food! so it runs off, and then the other Darumaka takes the berries. Ash does the smart thing and brings out Mijumaru to deal with their asses, however their fire was just too hot for him, so he fainted, causing them to escape, and Ash and company to leave their rice and take Miju to the Pokemon Center.

While at the Pokemon Center, Team Rocket is also in town, of course being their new "badass" selves. Jessie orders something, and in their coffe is.... the letter E! D8 EGADS! NOT E! Something tells me that E is not for Everyone, in this case.

Back at the Pokemon center (and a very familiar tune, to those who recognize it ;) ) Mijumaru is healed, and Ash bring it back to its ball. Nurse Joy then hears them say Darumaka, and then starts on a bunch of stuff I can't quite understand, but apparently Darumaka and Hihidaruma used to live with people in this town, helping them pick berries. However, when the trees shriveled up, they resorted to stealing. Anyway, Iris looks out the window at a clock tower, which looks beautiful in the twilight sky, when Ash's tummy growls. Then they wait til night to finally eat. Ash and Iris have big appetites, but Dento is not that hungry, and wants them to slow down. Naysayer! They yell at him for not eating like they do. Ah, but Dento realizes the burden of being a fictional male character, and thanks to Rule 34 he must keep his body in shape. Nurse Joy then makes an announcement, not sure what, but its apparently good.

When Ash and the others go back to the kitchen, the 2 Darumakas have some more stuff! THey escape out the window, but Ash sends out his trusty bloodhound, Mamapato (get it?) to follow them. Ash then leeps out the window, and Iris cleary states how wrong that was for not using a door. Now they are all chasing them, while the Darumakas are nocking stuff over to slow them down. Sudddenly they split up! Dento goes left, and Iris and Ash go right. Both of the groups lose them. However.... Mamapato is the one wjo tracks them down, right at the clocktower door!

Meanwhile, the Rocket Posse are waitng on a bridge....and their wearing sunglasses at night -.- Seriously, how can they even see? Anyway, Giovani's assitant drops by and leaves them a breifcase. She leaves, and while the wind is blowing almost as if it were cued to do so, they plot!

Back to the kids. Ash, Iris, and Dento enter the clock tower and chase the Darumaka up some stairs, which seriously freaks them out. They arrive on the floor, while some, er, crickets(!?!) are chirping outside. Ash looks around, but can't seem to notice the two Pokemon shaped objects hanging on the wall behind him. Surprise! They use Flamethrower, which Ash dodges. The isiots set their own crib on fire! So, Dento makes Ash get Mijumaru out to douse the fire. After he does that, the two idiots then let out another flamethrower. THis time, Ash lets Pikachu fight the fire, which works! Then Mijumaru blasts them against the wall. Then....they fall asleep? It sure seems so...but not really. They jump up and land behind the kids. Ash then tries to "talk things through". Like thats going to work XD.....and it works 0-0 Anyway, they seem to be trying to get to the next floor, however they set their own ladder on fire!

So, Dento lets Ash climb on his delicate shoulders, and Ash climbs to the next floor. He then sends out Shetaja to let them up with Vine Whip. Seriously, I admire how strong these vines are, and that's with any of Ash's Pokemon that know it. Pikachu's up first, then the Darumakas, then the other two. While they are up there, they climb one more floor to see a giant Hihidaruma in Daruma mode! Wow, these things are fricken huge! Anyway, it seems to be in some kind of coma or something, as the Darumaka feed them the food they stole. Afterwards, they hand Ash something. I'm not sure what it is, but it apparently has to do with the bell that Hihidaruma is underneath. Dento explains, and apparently it was the hook holding the bell up. It apparenly had to enter Daruma mode so it could hold the thing up with Psychic energy. So, Ash and the others promise them that they will help them with the bell, which apparently upsets Hihidaruma.

Ash releases Pokabu to heat the hook up, while Dento releases Yanapuu to throw it up...in the air. But seriously, are they that lazy? It would seem to me that they could have easily done that part. Anyway, Hihidaruma doesn't approve, and spouts fire. THey throw it up again, and this time with the Darumaka's help, they weld it back on there. Now, Yannapu spits some seeds at it to make a perfect S. Ash sends Mijumaru out to cool it off. Pikachu checks to make sure its safe, and it is 8D

Afterwards, Hihidaruma levitates Ash and Pikachu to hang the hook up, however, Ash can't reach the bell. Hihidaruma drops them and enters his Monkey mode to thow the bell up, acrobat himself to the top, grab the bell, and hangs it himself! He pats his little pals on the head, then thanks Ash and friends for their help. Ash makes the 3 promise to stay out of trouble, which they do. And everybody laughs it off.

As they prepare to leave town, Nurse Joy stops them, and starts blabbering some Japanese which i can't understand. However, she seems happy, so I assume she's congradulating them and thanking them. Ash and company look up at the tower and see Hihidaruma and the 2 Darumakas waving them goodbye, and then the kids wave goodbye.

HihidarumaandDarumakawaving.png

A nice way to end an episode, eh?

Now, my opinion. I really liked this episode. It had many elements which made it nostalgic and action packed, and I really like Hihidaruma now, seeing as he is an epic acrobatic juggernaut. His attitude really makes me happy too, as he seems like one of those people who like to see smiles and is really happy.

To watch this ep, click here for part 1, and here for part 2.

Next time! It seems that a Pendora has kidnapped Kibago. Now, everyone is trying their bes to stop it. Along to help comes a mole in shining armor, Doryuuzu! For the preview, click here.

WARNING! THIS IS STILL RAW! NO SUBS! Thank you :)

Some thoughts on the recent episodes:

Ash losing to Shooti was expected, if not disappointing. He seems like another Paul, so Ash of course has to lose his entire team to him badly. Surprised Shooti already evolved two of his Pokemon.

Iris backstory with Kibago was awesome. I was afraid she was going to be another Misty when she first debuted, but now you can see the writers actually have a plan for Iris as the series progresses.

It's kind of a shame Iris and Dento are just turning into alternate takes of Misty and Brock, rather than their own characters. Iris likes to argue with Ash, seems like an incompetent battler, Dento is the cook, navigator, explains battles, etc.

Hopefully Iris goes through some major development, rather than becoming useless background material like Misty became. Maybe this is an attempt to do things right the second time around.

What?! They break down their personality opportunities? We could've been seeing some serious competition, I'd rather see Iris cooking than Dento, come on, I second your statement that she will be more of a cooler character, more unique, and actually THERE and part of the group unlike Misty which took her all the way up to where she's no longer part of the group to actually... be part of the group... >_>

So in the special Brock episode, his brother Forrest is going to battle Nurse Joy~ He has a Rhyperior and Miss Joy has a Latias~

....wat. Okay, Forrest having a Rhyperior is awesome. He's always been a more prodigious gym leader than his brother (case in point, his Steelix) But how in the holy flying fuck does a Nurse Joy obtain a Latias?

ohandalsoAshcatcheshis7thPokemoninUnova.

Also Futachimaru next ep ♥ fighting Dent and his Ishizumai <33

I haven't really liked many things about Black and White so far, but I'm pleased that Ash is rotating his team--we've been wanting that for ages now XD This gives me hope that Ash will have a well balanced team with lots of Pokemon...however now I fear that stuff won't evolve. And if stuff doesn't evolve Carmen will probably cry. Sorta >.>

While Paul is a much better rival than Shooti, otherwise BW is shaping up to be MUCH better than DP, which is saying a lot.

Iris and Dento are much better characters than Dawn and Brock. Dawn's personality became incredibly bland halfway into DP, and she was pretty much just a female Ash who liked Contests. And Brock, sadly, pretty much hit rock bottom this saga with him becoming nothing more than wallpaper in most episodes.

The DP trio was probably the worst group the writers had ever done. They kept Brock around for no real reason and Dawn's personality was too shallow to really care about her too much. I did like some of her Contests though.

The group dynamics now actually feel entertaining again, which it hasn't been since back in the Hoenn era. I honestly didn't realize what was wrong with DP until both Dawn/Brock left, and then I realized it was the staleness of their characters in general.

RX said:
So in the special Brock episode, his brother Forrest is going to battle Nurse Joy~ He has a Rhyperior and Miss Joy has a Latias~

....wat. Okay, Forrest having a Rhyperior is awesome. He's always been a more prodigious gym leader than his brother (case in point, his Steelix) But how in the holy flying fuck does a Nurse Joy obtain a Latias?

I know. With that one guy having both Darkrai and Latios in his team, and Brandon hving all the Regis, plus this Nurse Joy having a Latias, it seems like these legendaries are either not so legendary, or there are a lot more in the world. Maybe they are just extremely rare common pokemon now.

So the first two episodes of B&W premiered here in the States today, and I was able to watch most of both.

I have to say, I'm really pleased by the new art style - when Pikachu used Iron Tail against Trip's Snivy, my jaw quite literally dropped.

I'm also loving that Team Rocket actually start acting like villains instead of bumbling idiots. I was pleased to read that they haven't "blasted off" since the series premiere, which can only mean good things.

These two episodes also cleared up a few name pronunciations for me. I guess Axew is pronounced like "axe hew" said really quickly, making it sound like "Who aksed you?" like some sort of gangster. If I catch one in White, I'm definitely calling it Brooklyn.

I was disappointed to find out how Oshawott's name is pronounced, though. I always thought the "osha" was pronounced like the first four letters of "ocean," but I guess the whole name is actually pronounced "aw-shuh-wahtt." Shame, but I guess Game Freak or whoever didn't want a lawsuit on their hands from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Or something.

All in all, though, these two episodes were a blast, and I can't wait for next week's.

Wow, BW19 was an excellent Dento episode. They really are making sure Dento doesn't wind up like Brock! Dento was an excellent battler, we learned about his goal, and he seems to have gotten a rival. The writers really handled Brock badly in the show, so its refreshing to see Dento being handled well.

Iris doesn't seem to be doing much of anything so far, which is disappointing. I know they wanted to make her similar to Misty, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't battle or do anything in most episodes. At least she isn't holding an egg in her arms.

I'm really loving the BW trio. Its a vast improvement over the DP trio in terms of chemistry and group dynamics. I just wish Iris would actually do something and not just stand there.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yay. I'm finally at a point now where I can comment without reading spoilers.~ (I guess it helps that nobody has replied to this thread in months...)

I'm really starting to love this new season. Ash's two recent team evolutions were cool, but addition of Emolga has been great. I adored the the Volt Switch randomness in episode 28, and Emolga's manipulative nature is hilarious (I love her ♥). Great dynamics between Emolga and Ash's Smugleaf Snivy, too. Add Ash'd Oshawott to the mix and we've got a great batch of Pokemon this time 'round.

The Litwick episode really good, too, and it totally makes that line of Pokemon look frelling evil (I'll never view 'em the same way again). Anyone worried about TR completely reverting to their old personalities probably doesn't need to. They've still got an edge to 'em, they still aren't showing up in every single episode, and they've abandoned the hot air balloons. I like this new balance. ^^

Next episode (that I'll be watching at least) has Druggidon. Can't wait to see it in motion. =D

So

Cilan caught a Stunfisk

Let the world burn in a glorious fire in their wake~

AlsoAshapparentlycatchesaPalpitoadbecauseobviouslyOshawottisn'tgoingtoevolvelikeeveryotherwaterstarterhehasexceptKingler.

Still, this episode is adorable, simply because of Oshawott. It's just silly for a water pokemon to be afraid of opening its eyes underwater, but it reminds you how young Oshawott actually is.

Ash caught a Palpitoad in today's episode. :o They're having Ash capture a lot of pokemon again, very similar to Kanto. Very different than the last few gens.

Iris and Cilan are getting good development too. Iris battling with Excadrill looks awesome, its like the writers are making up for Misty 10 years ago who did absolutely nothing.

Iris and Cilan almost feel like they're what Misty and Brock SHOULD have been 10 years ago. Too bad they were treated poorly by the writers with no storylines, crap battles, and no involvement in the shows major arcs.