• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Psychic Academy

Marianne’s Psychic Academy is pleased to invite you to our school. We are known to be open to anyone who has psychic powers or just has a psychic Pokémon. Here psychic trainers learn everything from how to control their powers to how to care for and train psychic Pokémon. All information regarding your stay will be on the other page included in this letter. We hope you enjoy your time at our school and that you master the powers of psychics.
Sincerely, Professor Marianne.

Lynn was excited as she walked down the path that led to Marianne’s Psychic Academy with her Pokémon partner, Regulus. She was finally old enough to go to the prestigious psychic school and she couldn’t wait to learn how to better control her telekinesis. Not only that but she was allowed to take Regulus even though he was a Ghastly and her other Pokémon, a Vivillion named Louise.

The psychic girl was taken out of her thoughts when Regulus started getting really excited. She would have asked what was wrong when she saw what the Ghastly had already seen. The Psychic Academy was just ahead. With a grin on her face, Lynn started running towards the academy with Regulus right beside her.

Alicia smiled up at her childhood dream: the great Marianne's Psychic Academy. She'd heard all about it from her mother and her older brother, who was an older trainer than her and specialized in psychic types, just like she wanted to. In fact, he was the one that had given Alicia her starter Pokémon, a female Solosis whom she'd decided to name she'd decided to name Eralia.

After receiving her partner, Alicia had immediately set off to the academy, walking from her hometown to the next town over, where said academy was located. She'd brought her starter with her, since he was in fact the psychic type she'd be training, and a Mareep she'd happened to find along the way, as well as a bag full of trainer must-haves--two Pokéballs, potions, and clothes. The Mareep had been a mistake, so really she only had one Pokéball left, but that was fine with her (the Mareep was cute, after all!).

This building would teach her how to train and take care of her psychic Pokémon, her future teammates. She couldn't help the grin of excitement that spread over her face.

Lynn and Regulus ran up to the doors of Marianne’s Psychic Academy only to run straight into another girl who was standing in front of the doors. Lynn fell down with a thump. Her pokemon partner hovered over her in concern but she just told him. “Don’t worry, Reggie, I’m fine.”

She stood up and dusted herself off before looking over at the girl she had ran into.

“Sorry about that, I guess I got too excited.” Lynn apologized before introducing herself. “I’m Lynn and this is Regulus, nice to meet you!”

Alicia almost fell over from the impact, but managed to catch herself before falling. Confused and a bit angry, she turned around and found a girl standing up behind her. She listened to her speak, then smiled at the girl, Lynn, and at her Pokemon starter, Reggie.

"Don't worry about it, it just startled me a bit!" She laughed. "Anyway, nice to meet you Lynn. My name is Alicia!" She then paused, and looked at the Ghastly. "Are we allowed to have our Pokemon out?"

Lynn shrugged before saying.
"I don't know! I'm just keeping Reggie out because if I didn't, he'd be mad at me. Last time he was mad at me..." She stopped and shuddered before continuing. "Let's just say, I won't make that mistake again. Besides, I haven't put Reggie back into his Pokeball since I've gotten him, my dad said that he had trouble just getting Reggie into the pokeball in the first place just because Reggie didn't like the looks of it. I hope we don't have to put our pokemon into their pokeballs or Reggie will kill me and..."
Lynn stopped and blushed in embarrassment as she realized just how much she had been talking.
"Sorry, I do that a lot. If I ever get like that again, just tell Reggie to use lick on me. It's one of the only things that will actually work and that Reggie will actually listen to another trainer for."

Alicia laughed. "Oh don't worry about it, I'm used to listening to people talk! My brother is quite the talker, especially about his team. He loves to brag about just how much his training has been paying off, y'know? And since it's better for Reggie to not go into his Pokeball," Alicia reached for her starter's Pokeball in her pocket. "You don't mind if I realize my starter, do you?"

"If I did mind, then I would be a hypocrite and I've sworn never to be one of those." Lynn declared smiling at the other girl. After Alicia had released her partner, Lynn asked her. "So are you just a psychic type trainer or are you an actual psychic too? I'm a psychic myself but I don't have any psychic types at least not yet. I want to get a Ralts eventually but right now I only have Reggie and my Vivillion, Louise. So basically I have the perfect defense against psychic types but like I said before, I don't have any and-"
Lynn was cut off as Reggie used lick on her without any prompting from Alicia. She blinked before smiling sheepishly at Alicia and saying. "Sorry, again, my Dad says I'm a chatterbox and everyone I know agrees with him, including me. Even Reggie agrees and he's a ball of gas."
Reggie licked his trainer again when she said that.

Alicia watched in amusement as the Gastly licked his trainer for the second time. "To answer your question, my only psychic Pokemon is my Solosis, Eralia. I also have a Mareep, but other than him I think I want to catch some more psychics, and maybe a bird or a fire Pokemon to round out my team a bit more." Alicia shrugged. "I personally am about as psychic as a rock, though it's totally cool that you are!"

While Alicia was talking, Eralia curiously floated over to Reggie and inspected him, having never seen a Gastly before. Or, for that matter, a ghost type period.

Lynn grinned at Alicia before she noticed that Eralia had floated way too close to Reggie. The ghost type was far too fond of pranking another pokemon if they got too close so she felt she had to warn the psychic type.
"Hey Eralia, you might want to be careful, Reggie likes to prank people, or pokemon in this case, that get too close to him. It's kind of his thing, next to making sure that I keep on track with things I need to do."