• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Grand Pokemon Games

(( Over 100 years ago, our ancestors bonded with Pokemon. These mysterious beings intrigued the humans and they quickly grew to know their power. Warlords and Slave owners had these pokemon to use as weapons and fight each other with them. One King was upset with the mistreatment of these creatures and outlawed the use of using them to fight other humans. That did not stop one army from using the Pokemon for battles in war, a fight to the death. The King was outraged now at the disobedience of his army and collected them one day to make an announcement. And as a scribe wrote the king said....

"We cannot use these creatures as tools for war and force them to fight their brethren! Instead, all of the these Creatures will be used for partnership for the lonely and aids to the frail."

However, one Warrior stood bravely from his stationary bow and proposed the idea of friendly battles to Pokemon who want to use their elemental Powers to show off. Thats when it was born. Every year since that, Warrior and Pokemon alike gathered in an arena and battled it out for a years supply of food. Each warrior was given a 'Family' to aid them. Each Family was given a symbol to recognize the group by. The Family's job was to give tips to those who are just about to enter he battlefield and to heal the wounded Pokemon after the battle was over. The winners were decided by family, meaning great teamwork and friendship were a must. The Pokemon were not forced to death in these competitions, but battled until they were unable to produce another attack. In the Present time, the Stadium is full, your nerves are jumping, and you are just about to see who is chosen to become a warrior in your village.

This is a limited spot Roleplay. In total we could have up to 12 members. If you want, you may create more than one character. If a Roleplayer wants to join and you have two character and there are 12 contestants, I'm going to ask you to get rid of one character. This Roleplay is based off of The Grand Magic games from the Fairy Tail anime. I love that show, watch it! Anyways, since we probably cant achieve the number of guilds with sufficient numbers, I've created 4 'Families' with 4 members representing them. You may choose any Family that you want, as long as you a competitor. If your family has only one or two Roleplayers, decide who is going to control the other two members. If this RP is no as popular as I anticipate and one family has no members in it then that Family will just be dropped out of existence. The time is around the time of the Greeks, with a little less strict of a dress code. Technically, you could enter the arena in a school uniform and not be executed. The Family groups value their main virtue. The Families are...
Unité- The poorest of all of the groups with great skills in Teamwork. (Unity)

Armonia- One of the two middle classes. They have a great love for peace and friendship. They can be very aggressive if you upset their balance. (Harmony)

Phantasie- The other of the middle classes. The Phantasie have a huge rivalry with the Ukamilifu. They are very creative and are skilled in quick thinking and inventing. (Imagination)

Ukamilifu- The highest class. They are very organized and usually are said to have OCD. Kids who are sent to school are expected to have the highest grades possible and they are only allowed to have the perfect pokemon. (Perfection)

Only one Pokemon Per trainer please!

This is open to all! Just leave a message under my status!))

Silver looked around the crowded Plaza full of excitement. She had her Pokeball in the pouch she keeps close to her waist. She has seen this before and knows how it goes. The Council representative will call out four names from the basket he holds and he will then beckon the chosen to come with him to the main city where they compete together for an unlimited supply of food for the year. Usually the Ukamilifu win, and Silver hoped to be picked into that team. The Family you are put in is decided on your skills, but is heavily weighted on your social class as well. Being in the Middle class made becoming an Ukamilifu somewhat of a wild dream. The crowd fell silent due to some greeting words from the Council member.

"Greetings! I suppose and hope you are full of excitement? Any pupils under the age of 18 and above 12 should be! Ok, citizens of the Town Chalice, your four members going to the Grand Pokemon games are....."

Time stopped for a moment for Silver. She was so worried that she didnt see nor hear the names of the people she is going with. All Silver heard was her name, "Silver!" Being called out and her father's hands placing themselves on her shoulders. A pathway up to the stage was now present because people moved for Silver to be seen. Silver gave an excited and nervous shutter before walking up to the stage, shaking the Representative's hands and climbing into the Rapidash carriage that will take her to the Stadium in Marvine. She wasn't supposed to know who was going with her from the village because of friendships getting in the way of the selection process for the Families. However, this tactic didn't really work most of the time.

-----Later-----
Silver somehow arrived first to the waiting room. "There must have been some delay with the others." she commented to herself as she sat down at a sofa. On the table in front of her, 12 circular objects wrapped in a Colored paper lay there with names engraved in each. Silver spotted hers, but she knew if she opened the package, she could be disqualified for breaking the rules. She stood up to study the large arena shown by large windows from the waiting room. Evidently the waiting room she was in was the Unite's waiting room. Across the stadium another large set of window stood there with it's own respective colors and setup. "So this is where we watch the battles as a Family." Silver noted as she tried to determine what all of the rooms looked like.

Silver made her way all around the room before a clerk came in to check on her. The woman eyed her medallion on the table and looked at Silver curiously. "Why didnt you open it dear? Your Absol and yourself need to wear it at all times!" She asked as she hurriedly grabbed the package off of the table and handed it to Silver. She thanked the clerk and walked over to the large windows once again. Slowly, she unwrapped the package and one word flashed across her mind

Phantasie.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Marz was rather unhappy about the delay in transportation. Having been chosen was a great honor, however having to wait was something he wasn't good at. At least, he was here. Walking into the Stadium, Marz kept his head held high and his back straight. He clearly read high class as he moved towards the medallion with his name on it. Pale blue eyes scanned the item as he noted his name, his pokemon, and Ukamilifu. It wasn't unexpected that he was picked by them. Marz couldn't but chuckle a bit as he placed the medallion on.

Boredom already starting to sink in as he looked at the other people. Eyes only glancing at them as he went to place the medallion on his partner, Gourgiest. A smile crossed Marz's face as Jack hugged him tightly in return. Purple arms wrapped around him tightly, hard enough to make any person feel like they were getting strangled. Which was partially true...

Leka looked at the medallion on the table. It stated her name, Leka Cloule, her partner, Riou, and her family which she was amazed at what she got. Armonia. Why/how did she get Armonia?! She was a fighter. Leka loved battling other Pokemon. So why Armonia? Her Riolu, reed, looked up at her. The Pokemon could read her like a book. The team hugged before going up to meet a girl and her rapidash. "Hi," she said, " what's your family?"

"Mine?" Silver responded, barely more than a whisper. She wasn't quite accustomed to conversing with people she didn't know. "Oh! I have Phatasie, you?" She gave a small halfhearted laugh before picking up the conversation again. "I don't know how! I barely consider myself creative! Quick in my feet, that's a different story." Silver's tone shifted dramatically as she continued. "Shadow, I thing you need this."

The girl released her Pokemon, the Absol, and placed the -ironically- silver medallion on a small chesplate he wore. Shadow gave a small grin and turned his attention to the Riolu, who he sat down and stared at for a moment. The dark type nodded in greeting, but Silver knew that Shadow wasn't just being polite. "Shadow, the assessment of our opponents comes on the battlefield." She hissed.

A polite voice came on over the intercom.
~Hello contestants. I welcome you to the Grand Pokemom Games! Some of our fighters are not yet here, so I will be announcing these repetitively. There are a few changes to this years' games.

'A change?' Silver thought as she looked at the intercom speaker above her.

~First off, you will be given a choice of ear muffs or small ear pieces to communicate with your teammates; through Mindspeak or verbally. Your Mindspeak ability comes from a certain part of your brain that is rarely used by anyone. Using this feature for too long is the best way to be sent to the medics for a migraine.

~Secondly, you will be given a small handheld object called a Starter. They come in all different kinds; and you are to choose one of the few.

-Bounce: you can use it sparingly, having to deal with its long recharge time. If mastered, the recharge time will shorten by 75%. This creates a feild of energy under your feet to allow you to jump higher, or maneuver out of an attack's way. (Hint for one of the games!)

-Lead: allows you Pokemon's next move to be doubly heavier on the opponent and make them gain twice their normal weight for the remainder of the battle. Recharge time is average, and if mastered is cut down by 50%.

-Meteor: allows both your Pokemon and you to launch one attack on the other team. This attack will multiply with distance and become more powerful as it gains speed. It's recharge is so-so, but even if mastered, it's recharge time does not go down.

~Finally, you will have an engraving on the flip side of your medallion. This shows your Side Effect. It is usually passive, not to be very helpful in battle. Good luck! I hope you have a great time!

Silver sighed. Tentatively she flipped over her medallion. There, on the back, was a small eye that had a white center. The Iris was blue, like hers. Around the eye was a triangle, meaning balance. She knew what this meant. Her side effect was to be able to detect lies. Silver's father had a similar one when he competed, and this was no suprise. "What is you side effect?" She asked the girl with her Riolu as her eyes grew wide. "Oops, I forgot. I'm Silver, the Lie Detector." Silver introduced, holding out her hand.

((In the OCC, tell me your side effect. Remember, it's passive and can't be too overwhelming. Also, claim your Starter as well.))

"I'm Armonia, " Leka responded. Leka flipped her medallion, which had a mouth and a P on it. She wondered what that meant. "Ra,ra, ra!" Said reed. This'll be fun! Leka translated mentally. The girl looked at the Pokemon. "Apparently I'm Leka, the Pokemon whisperer ," she told Silver. Reed look at Leka. The Riolu was still young, barely a month old. But reed was a prodigy, and had found a liking for Leka. So, they became partners. Leka hugged the young Riolu.

Gus and his Scyther were disturb at the thought of losing the games for his late younger brother Donald, who died from a advanced form of Poke-Rus. He whispered to his pal Scyther saying "Are you ready Scyther" the Scyther nodded "For Donald" Gus said quietly. He went to the waiting room and saw the medalions and picked his and his pokemon's. The letters A-R-M-O-N-I-A were on his medalion, his head was full of emotions for he and his Scyther were in the family of Armonia! He the couldn't help but smile for a kid who rarely showed his face he then waited for the next announcements.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, a boy was dashing over to the waiting room for the Phantasie. At the last minute, he had been told he had been selected and had missed the carriage. The one time I sleep in! However, the carriage had to go around the woods. His training alongside his Machop and Frogadier had allowed him to master the envirroment, not overpower it. Gracefully and skillfully, he and his two Pokemon hopped off to the chamber. As he came in, he tightened the blue cloth mouthfold. "Hello." he said, walking into the room. He then saw two girls talking; one with a Riolu and the other with an Absol. He pulled a string, and his cyan cloak tightened to his back.

Silver nodded and sat down on a couch in the quiet room. Shadow padded up to her and sat down near the table where the medallions of the others were. She looked towards the door, where a newcomer was standing. "Hello there. It's Silver." She waved halfheartedly, not in the mood to talk at the moment.

Lie detecting? Out of all the passive choices they could have come up with, she got lie detecting. What about maybe being able to see farther or to be able to jump higher? Silver gave an inward sigh. 'Well, the Bounce Starter would assist me where the jumping could have been.' She noted to herself, allowing the couch to sink back. The intercom came on once again, repeating the last announcement. One thing was different, however.

"I hope you have a great time!" The woman said brightly.

"You tell the stupidest lies." Silver grinned at the speakers. Her pupils returned to black, for they turned an eerie white when she detected the lie. 'Well, this may be more useful than I thought.' Noted Silver to herself as she once again turned to the newcomer. "So, what's your name, Family and Side effect?" She asked, now in the mood to converse with other people.

"Just call me Shoto." the boy said. "I'm now a member of the Phantasie family, and my Side Effect is heightened reflexes." The boy looked around. "So, is this everyone?" The Frogadier walked over to the fountain, and the Machop said hello to the other Pokemon.

Leka turned towards the boy. " Another Phantasie, huh? I hope you two are up for a heated competition, because I'm gonna put on quite a fight," she warned. "But it's so great to meet you," Leka told Shoto, " I would like you to meet Reed, my Riolu!"

After picking his Starter (Meteor), He went to see all the competition when suddenly he grew a terrible migraine he then had a vision. He saw two girls, a boy, a Riolu, a Absol, a Frogadier, and a Machop the vision then went away " So that is how the Side Effect works hmm may come in handy" Gus said with a grin. He then saw the same people he saw in his vision "Come on Saw let us go see the competition" he told to his Scyther.

((Paragraph please! :) ))

"Gus. Welcome." Silver stated flatly. She was no longer in the mood to talk. "It's Silver. This is Shadow." She introduced blatantly. Silver sighed and walked up to the large glass windows of the Unite Waiting room. The annoucements startled her, and she quickly twisted around to face the voice coming from the speakers. Her starter, bounce, was in her hand. It wasn't too apparent, but Silver was training her reflexes. The starter was interesting in setup. It was a small rectangle that could fit in the palm of her hand, and it had three grooves where your fingers could go around it in a fist shape. From watching previous games, Silver knew that your hand needed to be fisted and then repeat 'Starter, On!' Then whatever your starter is will activate, allowing you to use it for the remainder of the game.

~Hello! We are having difficulties with the other contestants, so this years game will be between Silver and Shoto of Phatasie, and Gus and Leka of Armomia!

Silver finally realized that the buzzing in her ears was not a bodily function. There were excited bystanders sitting in the comfortable seats of the arena, talking all at once. "Sound proof. Nifty." She stated, her smile widening.

~other contestants who arrive will join their family and compete with the average points to start with. Thank you for your cooperation. The contestants will now go to their family waiting rooms and prepare for the first game. They will be treated greatly to a nice dinner before they compete, so wait just a few minutes more folks!

The intercom shut off and the roar of the crowd were now much more apparent. She turned to Shoto, her pupils white. "She tells the Stupidest lies." Silver commented before storming out of the waiting room, hoping Shoto will follow. Shadow rolled his eyes and padded after her.

'There won't be any feast....they are trying to see if any other contestants will show up...two on two isn't as exciting I suppose.' Thought Silver bitterly as she tried to relish the thought of a nice meal. She made her way to the Phantasie room and opened the door which happened to have a note on it.

'We apologize for the false hope of a meal. Please make yourself comfortable before your first game. If you need anything, ring the bell in the corner.' It read.

Silver pushed open the door and her pupils dialted immediately. The room was bright and colorful, the walls displaying elaborate designs and beautiful works of art. There were pens and multiple drawing utensils on the table, which was placed in the center of the room, similar to Unite's. Hanging on the walls were different types of art, ranging from wall pictures to 3d models of a Stantler. Across the room, hanging directly over the large windows of the waiting room was a circle with six short lines bursting on top of it. The circle was a mixture of colors, almost like someone carelessly splatter different colors of paint on it. The six lines were red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple in that order from left to right. "Wow. This is much more than I expected." Silver commented as she turned to see if Shoto followed her.

"So we're family partners, ah? Well, I'm Leka if you didn't hear Iton The intercom. This is Reed my riolu, "she told Gus. Leka looked at Scyther and Riolu. She said, "We both have fighting Types. That's cool. I'm a Pokemon whisperer. The whisperer and the foresighter. We're gonna make a great team." Leka then entered the Armonia waiting room. There were pictures on the walls of Pokemon and humans in a meadow playing, and of a druddigon and ditto hugging. This, of course, represented harmony and peace. The Armonia strengths.

Gus entered the Armonia waiting room "This is the life" Gus said " I do think we will make a great team" "So Saw how do you like Leka and Reed?" The Scyther nodded, Gus then saw beautiful portraits and a picture a very realistic picture it was a painting that showed the winning of The Great Kalos War he remembered the lessons he was taught about this war and in the mist in the painting he saw a Gyarados not fighting and disobeying his trainer. He remembered the story about the Gyarados not fighting but Mega-Evolving to save a building from exploding and save thousands of lives. "I love this painting" Gus said to Leka.

"So do I" she responded in awe. The carpet was plant green, and in the middle of the wall, there stood the Armonia crest. The walls were dandelion yellow. The couches no chirs were pearl white with pillows covered in leaf designs. It was all breathtaking. In the middle of the room, there stood a note. They had already seen the note about dinner, but this one was about a secret training place. It was a small room under the room. Leka lifted up the floor hatch and went down the stairs with reed.

(Does anyone else realize now that, by pure coincidence, we now have a boy and a girl on each active house?)
Shoto followed the girl. The place was fancy, but comfortable. His Machop went over to the punching bag to train, while Shoto and his Frogadier began meditating in the middle of the room.

Shadow was at his own punching bag, hitting at it furiously. No sooner than a minute after he started, Silver heard a small thump on the floor. She twisted around to study the half a punching bag on the floor, Shadow's horn still glowing from a psyco cut. "Shadow, we need to have as many punching bags in tact as we can." Silver scolded gently.

Silver started to drift over to the window and lean against it. The intercom came on once again startling her.

~All contestants need to report to the arena, the first battle round is ready. It will be a tag battle to asses the partnership of our contestants.

"Wait..." Silver thought out loud "I thought that there was a representative from The Perfection family!"

Ezio was tired. He had missed the carriage, witch sucked. So he took did a built a fancy flying machine, witch flew fast enough to get to the carriage. That is, before it crashed. Now, as he rode to his destination, snazzy gadgets in hand, he gazed at his Pokemon. Pignite was not the strongest of fighters, but he got the job done. He had some more, but he was his strongest. He arrived and entered the grand hall.

"Not sure." Shoto said. He was still meditating, attempting to concentrate. It was hard, what with all the loud noises. Eventually, his Frogadier used Water Shuriken on the P.D.A.

Gus then follows Leka to the secret room under the waiting room where he saw punching bags and wood decoys. Saw rushed over to the wood decoy and rapidly slash the decoy with verosity and in moment the decoy was sliced and diced to bits. He then gave Scyther a Oran berry saying "Good job Saw good boy".

"Don't cut the few decoys in half in the first week!" Leka warned. Leka saw a mat at the edge of the room. Excited, Reed went over and did first an Ariel and then a front handspring! "Wow, Reed! Nice Job!" She exclaimed happily.

Shadow trotted silently next to Silver. Phantasie and Armonia were going to have a battle. Due to prior knowledge, each game is worth,1st place, 5 points. Each battle is worth 10. This displayed that battles are much more important than logic. Silver sighed inwardly as she waited at ground level, a door standing in front of her and a deaf-inducing crowd. As soon as she would step onto that soil, the crowds would go wild to see the first contestants if the newest season. Shadow gave a small "Sol!" Before sitting attentively at Silver's side. "Thank you Silver, I'll need it."

Leka walked onto the platform, across from Silver. With Reed at her side, she walked onto the battlefield along with Gus. When she heard the battle was starting soon, she had raced up the stairs and to the battle field. Leka looked at Gus. "Let's do this," she told him. Reed ran onto the battlefield, followed by cheers by the crowd.

"We can win this" Gus said with high hopes as he and his scyther went to the battle field. "Are you ready Saw" he said "Scy scyther" the Saw responded he then went with Leka to their positions and the crowd cheer loudly.

Shoto ran up beside Silver. "I've heard these guys are pretty tough." he said. "But I think we can win if we work together. Besides, there's two rounds per battle; three in the event of a tie." Only Shoto's Riolu came with him this time, but this Riolu was pumped for the coming battle.