• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Fall of Team Luna...(A Pokemon Ranger/ Pokemon Trainer RP)

*Clipping the Pokeball on his waist he would turn and look to the crowd of the rangers, tensing slightly as he saw one looking straight at him with a horrified expression. Fin was not the best at social interactions and the only reason he had become so friendly to the others was because he had been stuck on a ship with them for weeks. Of course she had to ask him of all people a question, not to mention it was vague so now Fin was worried that he ruined any chance of the Trainers and Rangers getting along as well as confused since he didn't know what he had done wrong. It was an action so he mus- it clicked in his head instantly. Rangers despised Pokeballs and he had just returned one into a ball right in front of them. He thought he was out of sight, curses*

*Looking back to Marine he would open his mouth to speak but no words could come up, the internal panic causing him freeze for a second. Glancing to Sparky the Pachirisu would give a confused look, shrugging and remaining seated on Fin's shoulder as it reached for a lock of his hair and began to stroke it. Returning his attention to Marine he would slowly nod as he tried to answer, his eyes flickering towards Alexis every so often* "I-.. I returned .. Hop"

Keith was breathing in the fresh air while he saw that everyone was relaxed (almost everyone). He decided to look around the boat. Keith saw nothing he knew about, just a mysterious island. He wondered if anything he called "nice". Keith just walked near the trainers but stopped halfway, since he just got a playing card and made it a boomerang. after it fell and got lost, keith looked at his pokemon happily training with each other. he decided to finally relax.

Delta and his team shuffled off the boat." Wow Almia is so cool. It's very natural and beautiful." Teal whipped him on the head and he snickered." Sorry Teal." He looked at the Swadloon who sighed and smiled at the Rangers. She jumped down and pulled him by his ear towards the group of Rangers and Trainers, Inferno, Aqua, Screech, Ember and Thunder by his side.

Delta stuck his hand out for a high five." Aqua you can go swim for a bit longer if you want." The shiny Walrein shook his head and high fived/flippered Delta." Er... Hello Mrs ranger." He addressed the ranger with the Happiny." My name is Delta Carvine! Nice to meet ya." He was about to go for a high five when Teal flicked him in the ear and let go." Sorry Teal." He laughed and the Pokemon around him growled and grunted and screeched at the Rangers to greet them." I might as well. The infernape and Magmortar are Inferno and Ember. The Aerodactyl and shiny Luxray are Screech and Thunder. The shiny Walrein is Aqua and this over protective Swadloon is Teal. I will help
Almia with the help of you and my best friends." His team ran to him and a group hug took up a lot of space." Help. I'm being suffocated." He wheezed and fell to his knees." So then. Introduce yourselves please." He looked at the Rangers.

Diana had thought about returning to her dancing, as she felt that time wasn’t moving quick enough. However, the sounds of sloshing water caused her to turn around and face the docking boat. She raised an eye at it, disappointed that it disturbed the natural waves of the ocean. A part of her mind questioned whether or not the trainers were going to disturb Almia in the same manner.

Much like many rangers, the dancer didn’t reserve her judgement when it came to trainers. That being so she also didn’t intend to treat them with disrespect. They were creatures from a different world that weren’t used to ranger customs. The trainers needed education, not aggression.

As the gangplank was extended, Diana winced at the loud noise it made when it harshly dropped onto the dock. She didn’t have any real allergies, but the fluid ranger would tell others that she was allergic to sharp sound waves.

The first trainer, a girl, exited the boat. She seemed friendly enough. Much as Diana expected, though, Alexis and the others walked like brutes. No eloquence or free movement. They were like plastic dolls with faces painted to look like smiles. Facades. Judging by their body language they were nervous. Scared of their first impression being a bad one most likely.

One trainer, however, seemed to make himself at home. His pokemon appeared to love him, and he returned that affection. A far more pleasant introduction than the trainer who’d returned his pokemon into its pokeball in front of them.

That was a messy situation that she would let Marina handle.

Stealing the enthusiastic trainer’s attention away from the clearly upset Marina, Diana waved to him before extending her arms out and wrapping him into a hug—it wasn’t personal, she just enjoyed eliminating personal space when it came to introducing herself to strangers. She’d hugged almost every new person she introduced herself to, including the rangers with her on the docks.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Delta. My name is Diana. However, you can call me Ana if you would like.” She released him from the hug before locking his eyes with her delighted blue ones. The dancer pointed to the aggressive looking ranger that had been fuming earlier, along with the girl who’d been trying to calm her down. “That one is Lin, the other, Entari.” She then held her hand up towards Marina. “That is Marina. However, she is currently preoccupied with your friend, it seems.”

Diana looked to each of the Delta’s pokemon before returning her gaze to him with a broad smile. “You have very lovely pokemon. They all look very healthy.” She kept her smile as she spoke, “their movements appear to be very free and loose. At least, compared to some of the other pokemon on that boat. Tell me, how did you catch them?” Diana didn’t know why, but she hoped his story would be more than just battling these pokemon until they were weak and then throwing a pokeball at them.

For a split second, Diana looked over to Alexis. She appeared to be even more nervous than she looked when first exiting the boat. The blue-eyed ranger felt a pang of sympathy for the girl. Seeing anyone in distress like that made her want to comfort them, but that would unfortunately have to wait.

Alexis touched Fin’s arm lightly instinctively trying to soothe the nervousness and tension she could feel brewing. Another deep breath and she could feel some of the anxiety unwind. She could do this, the bouncing sunny charm of Delta was already endearing him to one of the Rangers, that was a good sign. She grinned wider at Diana who seemed the most open so far and easiest to talk to. “Hi, I’m Alexis and this is Fin.” She said politely and imbued with as much warmth as she could muster through the nerves that almost had her knees buckling under her, but she was not going to show it. She took a deep breath and then kind of went for it “I’m sorry for any offense. None was meant. We are here to help. I know we have been called to meet Head Ranger Lola. When and where are we to meet her?” Alexis said with as much soothing tone as she could, hoping to keep everything smooth until they met the Head Ranger. She could already feel like she might have an ally in the whole keeping things calm thing in Diana. She gave off very mellow vibes. As far as the reactions to Pokeballs thing, that was going to be tough to figure a way around. They were trainers, everyones pokemon traveled in their Pokeballs, they need to be able to release them and put them back as needed in order to help them. Alexis was going to need to talk to the Head Ranger about this, somehow they would have to find a way to make this work. It had to work, for the sake of all of their homes.

Kennedy made his way to the deck having been late. He walked up behind the rangers, his trenchcoat waving behind fromthe cool ocean breeze. He had his hand on his beret as he reached the group of Rangers and Trainers.

"Sorry I'm late kiddos, Tamy here didn't want to wake up, hehe." His female Meowstic, Tamy, meowed at him as she was laid on top of Dawn, a Mega Evolved Audino. Dawn chirped as she stayed close to Kennedy, Tamy on the other hand looking at the Trainers and Rangers with an expressionless stare before yawning and closing her eyes.

"Hehe... anyways, nice to meet you Trainers, my name is Kennedy and I am a Ranger Officer, in charge of these Rangers. I will be the one guiding you to meet with Ranger Lola, my boss and the one who sent out for you trainers. This here is Tamy," he pointed to the female Meowstic who perked one of her ears up but not fully, "And Dawn," the Mega Evolved Audino chirped happily and waved at the group, her other hand holding onto one of her feelers.

"I am also a caretaker, but I mostly take care of eggs that come my way." He was an experienced pokemon Ranger from his time in the police force. Kennedy smiled gently at the Trainers before his expression steeled.

"I'll have to ask for you to turn over any and all Pokeballs that you have except for the ones you are... holding your pokemon... in." He coughed as the Mega Evolve Audino walked up to them with several small boxes in tow. "As you are aware, we do appreciate pokeballs and if you attempt to catch any of the wild pokemon here, you will immediately be kicked off his Island, by me personally." His voice turned serious when he spoke those two sentences as his gaze steeled at the trainers.

"I do hope you understand the concern for us to confiscate your pokeballs before we can meet with Ranger Lola. We would also like for you to release all your pokemon from their... confinements for the time being."

“Hi, I’m Alexis and this is Fin.”

Diana’s attention turned to the girl who seemed to be the leader of the whole trainer entourage. A smile graced the dancer’s lips. She had hoped to meet with all the trainers, and was glad that she was able to catch the names of three of them already.

Alexis in particular was someone she wanted to see for herself. The girl treated simple tasks with a sense of valiancy. As if introducing herself were some sort of daring stunt that she needed to be ready for. Diana wanted to see if she could help at all with such anxiety.

Charlene, however, simply found the trainer’s discomfort amusing.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Alexis. My name is Diana, but you can call me Ana for short.” She approached the girl and wrapped her arms around her in a gentle hug before releasing her. “I’d hug Fin as well, but I’m afraid Marina wouldn’t be too delighted by me hugging who she may now see as ‘the enemy’. Nor would Lin for that matter. I’ll save any personal introduction for later on.”

“I’m sorry for any offense. None was meant. We are here to help. I know we have been called to meet Head Ranger Lola. When and where are we to meet her?”

“Lola will meet with all of us back at our headquarters. Once we all have introduced ourselves to one another, we will take you there. I believe she intends to pair us off into groups of two, or three if there aren’t enough rangers or trainers.” Reaching her hand out, Diana placed it on Alexis’ shoulder before locking their eyes together. “Just so you know, I greatly appreciate trainers such as yourself stepping out of your comfort zone to-”

"Sorry I'm late kiddos, Tamy here didn't want to wake up, hehe."

Diana recognized that voice and released Alexis’ should from her grasp. She turned and faced her officer with an expression of admiration. Diana and the other rangers had worked under him for some time, and he’d done nothing but show kindness and resolve. Such was demonstrated how his greeting went from warm and welcoming to serious and direct.

In all honesty, Diana preferred his more relaxed side. Business was a color that didn’t look good on anyone.

As he talked, the dancer looked towards each of the trainers. She hoped they would all comply with the simple rule, and that they understood they weren’t getting robbed. Even if they didn’t, however, she was sure that they would learn how kind the rangers were soon enough.

Alexis’s smile widened and her anxiety dropped to more of a butterflies feeling as she returned the light hug from the Ranger.

“Thank you Ana for being so welcoming.” She said quietly, relaxing even further as the Ranger thanked them for coming. When her sentence cut off and her hand dropped Alexis’s smile tightened a little as she saw all the Rangers go almost starry eyed over the new guy who showed up. She was glad to finally know more of what was going on, but Alexis felt the twist of anger as the Ranger basically tried to mold the trainers into becoming more Ranger like. ‘Didn’t he understand we were here to help? We came her voluntarily and he is ordering us to basically hand over valuables and release our Pokemon from their homes where they felt safe, and it was easier to travel that way anyways.’ Alexis did not let any of the frustration on her face show, merely taking subtle deep breaths to calm herself before responding. Alexis could feel the Trainers behind her moving already so she held her hands up and cleared her throat a little, glad when the trainers stilled waiting for her lead. That gave her the confidence to speak her mind. “Hello Kennedy it is nice to meet you. Now I feel I must be honestly blunt with you, but no thank you. We have come here at the request of your boss, voluntarily to help you fight off Team Luna. I understand your concerns about catching Pokemon and we promise to not catch any pokemon from the wild while we are here, I will personally take responsibility for all the trainers if something should happen, but we will not be giving up any of our personal items.”

Alexis talked with her hands trying to be both honest and polite, which was hard with the frustration in her gut that had overridden the nerves, mixed with a little bit of justifiable outrage over the presumptions this Ranger was taking about how we should just hand over so many valuable personal items (Pokeballs were not cheap, especially custom made ones like hers) and how they should travel with their Pokemon. She tried to keep her face relaxed and friendly while she talked but she had no problem standing up for herself and the rest of the trainers. “I hope you understand that we are all different, and we all have different ways of handling our Pokemon. We are not going to just simply keep them out of their Pokeballs for your comfort, that is not why we are here. They travel with us the way we came here, whether that be out and about or inside their Pokeball homes. I hope you understand that while we will not break any of your laws or rules, we are not going to simply follow along with these requests just because we are different than you. We are here to help you not make you happy. I am sure we can continue this conversation with your boss and come to some sort of comprise, but for right now, we are keeping all of our things and Pokemon just where they are.”

Alexis hated confrontation but she knew if they gave in then this mission would never work. This mission would require compromise and cooperation on both the Rangers and Trainers parts, and what Kenny was suggesting was neither. If this was how things were going to go Alexis worried that Team Luna might just succeed in destroying Almia for good. She just hoped all of the trainers backed her up on this, if even one trainer went along with this then it would undermine everything she had just said. Just as Alexis finished she heard beeping coming from Kennedy.

**Message from Head Ranger Lola – Kennedy I would like to meet with the Trainers soon, what is taking so long? Was their ship delayed? Bring them here for a meeting in 30 minutes. Keep me informed on your progress. **

Last edited:
As the boat approached the dock Lin growled again and continued her pacing. Arrow gave a warm smile at the little pokemon playing with his tail. However when he looked toward the boat his stance changed and his eyes hardened as much as his trainers. Both pair were in agreement that this was a bad idea and would only bring more trouble.

Lin glanced over at Diana and saw that the dancing Ranger and her partner were playing their usual calm laid back roles. Lin had seen Diana in action a few, times and she knew that beneath that calm smile, there was an alert and ready rnager who could act quickly and decisively if things hit the fan. She wondered where Kennedy was, and then she sniffed the air and caught a familiar scent carried by the wind. He was in route and close by it seemed.

The boat landed and the gang plank hit land with an ominous boom. There was silence for a moment before the gang of smiling trainers filed out as orderly as they could. Lin's eyes immediately went to their pokeballs and her scowl deepened. If she had been a feline her hair would have stood up on end and her back would have been arched. She sniffed the air and studied the body language of the new arrivals. Some fear but it was closer to nervousness, some posturing as if they were attempting to show strength as a group. The female they called Alexis was the leader of the group although she seemed not well adjusted to the role yet. She was not confident that all of her people would follow her lead.

The unnatural sound and the red light of a pokeball being used snapped Lin's attention directly on Fin. As his pokemon disappeared into the ball she could feel the horror from her fellow trainer. It took every ounce of her self control not to put an arrow into the railing right beside his hand. Her body visibly strained with the effort to hold back and her hand itched slightly toward her quiver.

More talking happened although Lin missed the words, to engaged in pulling herself back, even though her instincts rebelled at the very sight of the horrid contraptions. Then she was snapped out of it by the sound of a familiar voice. Kennedy had finally arrived. Lin relaxed slightly as she actually held some respect for the man, he had shown his skill and leadership many times under fire. Kennedy supported Lola on bringing the trainers in even though he has some distaste with it. Most of the trainers were supporting Lola's lead, although more than a few perhaps secretly felt that this was a bad idea. Lin was just more vocal about it than most. As Kennedy ordered the trainers to turn over their balls, she relaxed some more and smiled.

Then the lead trainer refused to do as asked. Lin immediately stiffened up again prepared for a fight. "That request was not difficult and yet they immediately show their true intentions. How dare they come to OUR home posturing and waving those damn things about, and then refuse to accept our policies." Lin's hand shot up towards an arrow and she growled at their defiance prepared to give the trainers a fight they seemed to desire.

Last edited:
Diana grimaced as Alexis refused to give up her pokeballs. This wasn't at all going the way that she'd hoped. For a moment she'd forgotten that pokeballs were valuable to trainers. Most rangers, including Diana herself, saw them as barbaric tools for forcibly catching a pokemon.

Regardless of how she felt towards Alexis’ defiance, the dancer took a step forward and stood in the way of Lin’s line of sight. She stared at Lin for a few seconds then shook her head. Now wasn't the time for such violence. If the trainers had attacked first, then she'd have been more than happy to let Lin wreak havoc. As it stood, though, Alexis was not a threat.

Diana turned toward Alexis, a clear expression of concern on her face. “Alexis, I understand these devices of yours are something of value, but can you truly not let us confiscate them for the time being? They are something that is truly against everything we rangers stand for.”

Suddenly, an idea crossed her mind. “Would you perhaps feel comfortable if I held onto your pokeballs? That way you can keep an eye on them while we travel to the headquarters.”

Her eyes were almost pleading for the lead trainer to accept the suggestion. “If we want an easy integration between trainers and rangers, we will need compromise to make up for our cultural differences. I need your help in doing this, and likewise, you will need mine.”

"I-.. I returned .. Hop" was the Politoed Trainer vague answer. Marina continued to look at him horrified, her eyes still refusing to believe what she had just seen. It was even worse than she expected, they distroyed their Pokemon to save them, it probably hurt them. Why would Lola ask for help to people like these? They didn't have the right to call theirself humans, they... they...

" Er... Hello Mrs ranger." she had to lower her head to look at who had just spoken to her. It was a Trainer, considerably smaller than the others but still part of their group " My name is Delta Carvine! Nice to meet ya."

"Uh..." she muttered in surprise. She wasn't expecting a kid, were kids even allowed to own Pokemon? Leaving aside his hair, Delta looked like any kid she had met in Almia, perhaps, the way he talked to people reminded her to her own childhood. She didn't know what to answer. The kid innocence had left her out of words, how could such a joyful child haunting precious creatuers? "Well... I-I'm Marina..."

Diana fastly took the child in her arms to give him a warm hug, probably as a better greeting than Marina could have given to him in the situation she was “It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Alexis. My name is Diana, but you can call me Ana for short.”.

Her head was now like a hurricane, constantly coming up with things she should do to regain control over the situation. She remembered the child eyes, full of hope and happines, how could that be a monster? Were they monsters as she thought? She turned back to the Politoed Trainer, still unable to see him as a decent human.

In her eyes what he had done was sin.

"And why did you do that?" she asked "He wasn't doing anything wrong he just... Did he really deserve that?"

*She still looked horrified, of course she did she was ranger. From what he had learnt Ranger's did not like Poke balls at all and while he didn't know why he had a few theories. Thankfully though Diana's attention had went off him and onto Delta which he was slightly grateful for. He no longer was worried about making a bad impression [Although it still lingered in his mind] however he didn't like loose ends and he knew that this would potentially come back later*

*Fin had decided to move closer to Alexis' since she was more confident and had taken the role of leader which he was perfectly fine with, he wasn't a good leader anyways. As Kennedy came around he would put his hand up and shake his head as he quickly spoke before Alexis' answered him* "Ah- I didn't bring any empty Poke Balls since you don't like them and I doubt you'd like anything being captured so yeah, I don't have any Pokeballs to give you" *While his delivery was awkward it was true, Fin didn't want to catch anymore Pokémon since he was happy with the amount in his party and at home*

*He was beginning to calm down until he heard Diana address him again, the 15 year old turning around just to check before sighing slightly and glancing to the side. It was a difficult question to answer, she saw it as horrible but it was a normal and ok thing for him to do. Not to mention he didn't want to sound like a douche. Despite the tall order of the reply he managed to whip one up in 2 seconds, turning to face the Ranger as he spoke.* "Hop isn't hurt okay, Hop is perfectly fine and she'll be alright when I let her out again ... Also he is actually she" *Sparky would deadpan slightly and hit the side of Fin's head, indicating he understood how polite Fin's answer had to be and also indicating that he had sounded like douche when he had corrected Diana on Hop's gender* "But you obviously couldn't tell that Hop was girl so its fine, not that It wasn't bad-" Cutting himself off he would pinch the bridge of his nose and lower his hand quickly and braced himself for the worst*

Delta grinned at the ranger called Diana." I found Ember as a Magmar badly hurt after a fight with a Rhydon in Stark Mountain. He wanted to come with me on my journey after I took him to Nurse Joy. Inferno was a chimchar I was given on my birthday. Aqua was a spheal me and my Dad had caught. He liked us so we always had a picnic with him. Teal was being a pain whilst I was going through Pinwheel and she let herself be caught because apparently I'm hopeless. Screech was fossil I revived who felt he owed me. Thunder got in a fight with a Electabuzz. He came across us having a picnic. I patched him up aswell and he agreed to come along with me."

He grinned at the ranger named Marina." I almost always have my Pokemon out of their pokeballs. I have a few other pokeballs, 3 to be precise. I guess you want them." He smiled and offered up the 3 ultra balls, soft brown eyes gleaming with excitement." They cost a bit. Please don't lose them." He cracked his fingers and yawned." When are we going to meet that Ranger Lola person? The quicker I acquaint myself with you all the quicker me and my pals can beat up Team Luna. They aren't too strong, we already disposed of them in Johto." His celebrity upbringing showed through the choice of his language, even though he sounds like any other kid his age.

Alexis could feel a slight disappointment as the trainers starting giving in. Then a thought occurred to her, if they compromised on the first part then the rangers would have to compromise on the second, their Pokemon stayed where they were. Alexis sighed, reaching into her bag to retrieve the remainder of her custom Pokeballs. Her friend had made her 25 Total, Most held her Pokemon at Home, plus the six that held her 6 Pokemon that were always with her. All that remained were 7, she kept them in a little bag since she hadn’t used them in ages. She pulled out the little pouch and pulled out one of the Pokeballs enlarging it to show Ana while she spoke. “These hold more of a sentimental value to me, a very good friend of mine made them for me, so losing them would be devastating.” She said quietly before tucking the ball away in the pouch. She started to hand it over before pausing. “You are right, we do need to compromise, so we will hand over our Pokeballs but our Pokemon remain where they are…” Alexis placed the bag into Ana’s hand. She smiled a little placing a lot of trust in someone she just met, but she trusted her gut that Ana would not let anything happen to them.

Alexis glanced behind her at the other trainers and then back towards the Rangers. Marina had moved further away from the trainers and seemed to be having a hard time with what she had seen. Fin tried to explain how Pokeballs worked and Alexis nodded along with him, it was true the Pokemon were fine, they actually preferred being in their Pokeballs, well Alexis’s did. When they were home they had their own spaces in the house, but if they were not in the safety of her home, unless something was going on her Pokemon preferred the peace of their Pokeballs. Releasing them all would only make them think something was wrong and she didn’t want to worry them.

Alexis gestured a little with her hands. “Shouldn’t we be going? Lola said she wanted to meet with us as soon as we got here.” She said a little impatiently, she was anxious to finally get started on this mission and defeat Team Luna for good.

"Hop isn't hurt okay, Hop is perfectly fine and she'll be alright when I let her out again" the Trainer tried to explain, without managing to calm Marina. It just didn't seem... okay to do so "... Also he is actually she".

And after that final sentence, she blushed. Oh god, that was so embarrasing... did she have to apologize or would that mean to lose respect, or hadn't she already lost it? Ah! Trainers were troublesome even when they weren't doing anything! They messed with her head without even using Psychic powers.

"Pai?" her Happiny asked, petting her shoulder with her tiny arms.

." I almost always have my Pokemon out of their pokeballs. I have a few other pokeballs, 3 to be precise. I guess you want them." the kid, Delta, said to her, fortunately distracting her from the awkward situation. Hopefully, Lolla wouldn't make her talk to the Politoed Trainer ever again and she would be able to forget about everything. Yes, that sounded right. Instead... err... Yes! She could keep the kiddo by her side! He wasn't that bad after all, he still was innocent and open minded, Delta would probably understand why Pokemon had the right to be free. He even gave her his PokeBalls! She was going to take care of them, of course... until she convinced Delta that they weren't good, of course " They cost a bit. Please don't lose them."

She studied the artefacts now lying in her hands. They were round, metallic like, a button in the center of it. How did a Pokemon even fit there? The only way that made sense in her mind was actually distroying them until they became dust.

" When are we going to meet that Ranger Lola person? The quicker I acquaint myself with you all the quicker me and my pals can beat up Team Luna. They aren't too strong, we already disposed of them in Johto."

"Well... I'm afraid we'll have to wait until Kenned-" her eyes open widely. What was was Kennedy doing there? When did he arrive?!

Oh, all mighty Arceus, she didn't notice Kennedy's arrival!

"Mr. Kennedy!!" she exclaimed running towards one of the most important Rangers in Almia "I'm so sorry... I'm a mess, I know, you don't have to say it. I was just so distracted that I didn't uh... Oh, Arceus. I'm waiting for your orders, sir, should we go meeting Lolla?"

*Noticing the blush he would know that he had said something wrong and his efforts to calm her had been completely useless. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come along- wait, no it was. Even though it was awkward and uncomfortable for both parties it would probably smooth out and it didn't matter if they got along or not, what mattered was stopping team Luna.*

*As she ran towards Kennedy and away from him, Fin would sigh relief, shoulders slouching as he relaxed and calmed down only to receive a whack to the back of the head by his own Pokémon, the Pachirisu scowling at his trainer with its tiny arms folder* "What was that for?" *Fin would ask looking to Sparky with a raised eyebrow and then looking away and straightening back up as he shook his head* "I didn't mean for it to go that bad"

Lin frowned as Diana blocked her predicted trajectory with her body. She took a deep breath and tried to calm down as Kennedy and the others didn't seem like they were going to react. She slowly lowered her hand back away from her shoulder and balled it into a fist wishing for something to punch. Arrow shifted his eyes toward his trainer and relaxed slightly as well, but only slightly.

"" When are we going to meet that Ranger Lola person? The quicker I acquaint myself with you all the quicker me and my pals can beat up Team Luna. They aren't too strong, we already disposed of them in Johto.""

Lin's cedar green eyes widened and flashed with rage at the comment. As quickly as one of her arrows, she moved past Dinana and toward Delta. Her hand un-clenched and she grabbed his shirt by the collar easily lifting the boy off his feet. She pulled him close right in front of her face so that he got a good look at the long scar over her left eye.

"Aren't to Strong!!' She screamed at him in rage, "listen here brat every ranger here has lost friends and loved ones at Team Luna's hands. How dare you waltz up in here all with a cocky attitude like you own the place and say you are going to fix our problem easy!" She shook him slightly as she screamed, "You are not from here and you have no Arceus be-damned clue what is going on or who you are up against! This isn't a damn vacation, although you seem to think so! Life and death are on the line and if you can't take this seriously then get back on that blasted boat right now! With an attitude like that you will only get in the way and wind up captured, injured, or dead!" Arrow warily eyed the boy's pokemon waiting to see if they would react.

Kennedy chuckled as Marina greeted him, "It's alright, Lola should be sending me a message right about now complaining how the Trainers aren't at HQ yet." Something buzzed as Kennedy took out his phone, "Called it." He chuckled once more as he looked at the message. He turned to the trainers, thinking at what Alexis said.

"Fine, it is agreed, I will take your pokeballs for safekeeping so you cannot use them. But I request you not make the balls carrying your pokemon visible. The folk here don't like the sight of pokeballs." His Audino quickly boxed up all of the pokeballs from the trainers, the Meowstic looking at each of the trainers with a cold stare. Kennedy nodded as Dawn walked up to him with all the Trainer's pokeballs in the boxes in her hands.

He looked over to see the commotion between Lin and a... child? He barked at her, "Lin! Put him down immediately, that's enough!"

Entari watched the exchange between the trainers and the rangers with bemused sadness. This is not how this should have happened, She thought. This really should have been handled better. Only the calmest of rangers should have met with the most reasonable of the trainers first. Then those chosen for that task should have brought the others together after having laid the ground work.

Now, what we have here is a failure to communicate. This failure is going to result in a multitude of pain and drama. Most of which I'm going to have to smooth out. Lin is going to kill these people if I can't get them and her to see some kind of common ground with each other. First things first however, "Lin, why don't we put he kid down and talk about it rather that be the same people we are trying to defeat. He hasn't lived here. Team Luna may very well have been easier to fight where he is from because they don't have the foot hold there that they have here." She walked over, touching Lin's arm. After she began introducing herself individually to each of the trainers in turn shaking their hands. "Hi, I'm Entari Sinai, It's very good to meet you and I can't wait to meet your friends. Maybe I can convince you to do away with the balls after some talk and see what you think. But, first, On to meeting the Head of the Rangers!" Entari was trying to be up beat and bring everyone into a better mood. She doubted it was working.

It genuinely meant a lot to Diana that Alexis had entrusted her with the pokeballs, especially after explaining how much sentimental value they had. While the dancer herself didn’t keep very many things for sentimentality, she adored the concept of it. People keeping objects so that they can remember things they’re afraid of forgetting.

Regardless, Diana held the bag firmly before locking her eyes onto Alexis’ one more time and providing an assuring nod. She’d keep these close to her person at all times, or at least, until they were assigned their partners. Diana hoped in part that Alexis would be her partner for this journey. They’d already seemed to be getting along quite nicely.

Naturally, Diana’s mind wandered to the question of whether or not Alexis could dance...

Diana snapped herself back into reality as she thought about the current situation.

It wasn’t unreasonable for the rangers to compromise on letting the trainers use their pokeballs to store their pokemon, but that wasn’t necessarily for her to decide. It was all up to Kennedy how to handle this situation, which meant that it was also up to Lola.

Diana was startled to see Lin handling young Delta so angrily. She turned towards the primal woman and approached her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. Despite the woman’s rage, she tried to remain calm and choose her next words wisely.

“I would release him if I were you, Lin.”

And there she was. The snake that had put on her facade of kindness bared her fangs. Much as Lin’s observations had suggested, Diana was tranquil until it came to serious matters. At which point her personality resembled that of a poison-tipped dagger.

Of course, in Diana’s defense, this was the only way that she’d really known to communicate with Lin. Entari normally handled the huntress better than anyone else, however at this very moment she was threatening a child. Trainer or not, this would not be acceptable.

“Delta is young, he knows not what he says,” she stated, maintaining her calm intonation, “I, on the other hand, am older than he is, and have learned to only speak what I truly mean.” Her eyes narrowed, “so listen to me when I say that you will release him right now, or I will be forced to take action against you. I can guarantee that you do not want that.”

Diana’s threat was hollow. It was only issued after Kennedy had barked out a command to release the boy. Nevertheless, she hoped that her words had a hard enough shell around them to break through the woman’s enraged barrier.

Delta fumbled at his collar and looked at Lin's hands." They're sweaty. Your not trying to scare me your just too hooked up with your emotions you need an outlet. Shout at me all you want, I won't do anything." He smiled and carefully pushed her clenched hand open and began to slowly power to the floor.

His eyes began to fill with tears and he crumpled to the ground." I know what their methods are. They're heartless monsters!" It was almost like someone flicked a switch." I saw countless things that were far worse than I could have imagined. If you want to throttle me do it." Eyes filled with fury he ran to his Pokemon, who were quick to calm him down." Dad never deserved it." It whispered into Thunder's mane.

Last edited:
Alexis smiled a little when Diana looked so serious about keeping them safe. “Thank you.” She said quietly.

At Kennedy’s Statement She turned to him with a smirk and gestured to herself. “Not a problem, you can’t see them now correct?” She tapped her hand lightly against the small black pouch attached to her hip. “They are safe in here and quite easy to get to, a custom made gift by one of my cousins, she made my backpack too, it’s sort of her hobby.” She said quietly trying not to ramble too much, but she loved her friends and family to death and she took pride in the skills they had, especially when she could show off their handy work.

When Lin picked Delta up off the ground and started yelling at him Alexis turned to say something but After Entari and Diana went to help they seemed to have a handle on it. Then Delta was with his Pokemon and she could take a breath again, she hadn’t realized that she had been holding it.The near miss had her a little shaky so once everything had calmed down Alexis gripped the straps of her backpack, adjusting it a little in her anxiety to get moving. A Tell-Tale beeping from Kennedy signaled another message.

**Message from Head Ranger Lola – Kennedy I have not heard from you since you left for the docks. Did something happen to the trainers? It’s your responsibility to get them here safely! Please Bring them Here ASAP! **

Last edited:
Lin
Lin relaxed her grip and let the boy slide out of her grasp. She took a few deep breaths and realized that literally everyone in the area was staring at her. She was two seconds from single handily breaking Lola's plan and it would be her fault and not the trainers. She growled and pulled her hands back to her sides before turning to face the group. Her opinion had not changed but she realized that she had overreacted. Despite her nature Lin liked being a ranger and it was one of th best ways to honor Zed and what he had taught her. If they kicked her out she could no longer do that.

She closed her eyes for a brief moment and took a deep breath before opening them again. "I have caused enough damage here. I will meet you back at HQ." She nodded to Kennedy before turning and sprinting off toward the woods. Arrow was right beside her and they soon made the treeline and disappeared from sight.

Kennedy sighed as things settled down, his hand going for his phone to check the new message. He clicked his tongue as he sent a message back.

"Welp, I think it's time for us to make way for Ranger HQ. I want everyone to stick together understood?" He looked at Lin and her pokemon as they ran ahead towards HQ. He beckoned everyone to follow him as his Audino walked next to him. He petted Tamy who was still laying on Audino as they walked.

*His attention was immediately caught when Lin lifted Delta up off the ground, his eye's widening slightly as he moved forwards to intervene however pausing and staying still mostly because two rangers had already helped and slightly because he didn't want to be involved in another incident. Watching Delta run back to his Pokémon he would glance to Kennedy as he announced everyone to go to the HQ, glad they were finally going to see the person in charge*

*While everyone was leaving however he would walk over to Delta and his Pokémon, a saddened look on his face as put a hand on the other trainers shoulder and gave a reassuring smile* "You alright kid?" *For added comfort Fin's Pachirisu had tilted its head to the side quietly mumbling with a worried look* [pachi-pachi?]

After releasing the boy, Diana let out a breath that she didn’t realize she’d been holding. The situation seemed to have realigned itself, and brought both relief and comfort to the dancer. She hoped things wouldn’t get too out of hand, and was glad when they didn’t.

Diana approached Delta, passing Fin along the way and nodding her head at him. Kneeling down she placed gentle hands on either of the child’s shoulders. Her voice came out as smooth as the sway of her hips when she walked. “I apologize that you had to experience such a thing. I am truly sorry that you’ve lost so much, especially at a young age.” She grimaced as though not wanting to say what she was going to say next, “but...it will not do you good to weep about it in this way. Simply accept the loss with a breath, and follow us to the headquarters.”

Diana stood up and tried to regain her composure. Her proverbial feathers were ruffled by this incident, and she needed a moment to focus on the task at hand. She wished she’d had enough time to dance a bit more before they left, but alas they were all on a tight schedule to make it back to Lola.

The dancer held her hand out and looked at the bag Alexis had given to her. She smiled softly before gripping it and proceeding to walk in the direction of their base, following Kennedy.

Approaching the officer from behind, Diana quipped, “you certainly have your work cut out for you, don’t you, Ken? If you ever feel like dancing with me to relieve stress, do not be shy to ask.” The girl let out a small sigh and frowned after making her offer. At this point, asking people to dance with her was beginning to make her feel like a starved cat, pawing and purring at anyone to give it food.

Alexis watched Lin take off, and waited by Fin and Delta and let the Rangers start off first, She followed them when she knew Fin and Delta were moving. She took the walk to look around, Almia was beautiful. She wondered how close HQ was, and how well protected it could be so close to the Coast. She kept glancing behind her to check on the other trainers. And then forward to make sure she was following the Rangers still through the thick woods. She kept staring into the trees hoping to catch a glimpse of a Pokemon or two.

Back home Alexis loved the adventure with her Pokemon just as much for the scenery as the batting and training. Wide open fields, thick forests, sprawling cities she loved it all, especially meeting new people. Alexis took the time of the walk to breathe deeply calming herself down and slowly the anxiety over all the tension that was between all the rangers and trainers was relieved. A long walk in the peacefulness of nature always helped soothe her for as long as she could remember.

About 20 minutes later Alexis could see a break in the trees, once through it the sun was suddenly way brighter than it had seemed before, her eyes had adjusted to the dimmer forest light. She blinked a few times and when her eyes adjusted she almost gasped, before her stood a Massive White Wall with a Giant Black Gate straight ahead of them.

Alexis could see beyond the Gate one large building and several smaller ones scattered over the massive space. The Space was beautifully trimmed grass, trees and flowers everywhere with White Paved Paths crisscrossing it. It was like the buildings sat in the middle of a Garden Oasis. Rangers walked across the Paths, some gathered in groups on the Lawn. As they Approached the Gate Alexis could see Two Rangers standing guard. They halted the group, saw Kennedy, nodded, made a signal and then the Massive Gates started to swing open. Alexis couldn’t help but grin, this was so exciting to be here.

As the Group walked onto the Large main path and the Gate swung closed behind them they started towards the Large Building directly in front of them. As Alexis looked around the grounds she couldn’t help but notice that all activity had stopped and every single Ranger was staring at them. And not a single one looked the least bit happy to see them there. Alexis’s grip tightened on the straps of her pack as she felt the stares bite into her like lasers, if looks could kill every trainer would be dead ten times over. She kept a brave face on, and smiled at anyone who met her gaze, she refused to stoop to that level, she was going to be friendly no matter what kind of reception she received.

The whole walk moved like uneasy wind in a storm. Either there were gusts of chatter, or there was uncomfortable silence. No happy medium between the two.

Despite its discomfort, Diana still found herself enjoying when everyone was quiet. It gave her mind room to think without words cluttering the empty space. It was akin to slipping in and out of the conscious world, while nature’s orchestra played the theme music to her entire life.

When the group had arrived at the ranger headquarters, Diana came back to reality. The whole walk here felt like just a dream. Her body was refreshed and rested, while her soul’s dexterity was ready to drive her body to victory.

Diana glanced around the exterior campus as all the rangers stared at their mismatched group. Many of them with distrusting eyes. The dancer wasn’t concerned with them all that much, but more-so she kept an eye out for Lin. The woman could take care of herself, that was never brought into question, but Diana still wanted reassurance that she’d made it back to the headquarters safely.

She made that walk thousands of times. Everytime someone around that zone asked for help, or when a Sea Pokemon was in trouble, or simply because she wanted to see the sea again. That was her route, she was familiar to it, and yet she didn't know what to expect from that short path this time.

It was a matter of looking into the others eyes. Everyone was on guard, waiting for anything to happen. Funny right? Ask for help and being afraid of those who answered you, being afraid for them to destroy more than they could build. That was a mistake right? Allying with the enemy?

The largue building started appearing at the distance, like a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe Lolla would be able to fix all these mistakes. She was smart, talented and didn't make mistakes... too often.

Delta grinned at the crowds of rangers appearing from within the sprawling base. The sun beat down on him and the glass windows reflected the light into his eyes, making him squint and cover his eyes." Is this the base? It's huge!" He grinned and Teal slapped his hand and used her vines to create shade for him." Thanks." He chimed and the Swadloon smiled.

This was the base? Dang it looked good. Delta grinned at the Rangers as they walked past and a few smiled at him." This is so cool." His eyes shimmered with awe at the awesome sight around him." This calls for a... POKEDAB!" Inferno stood next to him and they both dabbed. The fire fighting type high fived the boy and they laughed. Teal looked unimpressed, which scared Delta and Inferno." Run." They both ran but were caught in a second by the vines." You win Teal." Delta grinned." Anyone else want to POKEDAB?"

*After having comforted Delta he had joined the crowd in the walk to the base, admiring the scenery of the island and smiling slightly. While he preferred cold places he had to admit that the warm forests looked inviting and friendly and it did fool him for a second before he remembered why they were here In the first place. The thought caused a slight hum if thought, causing Fin to look down whilst carrying on walking*

*Once through the gate and into the Ranger's base he kept his head down, not wanting to look up at all. He felt all the stares, few curious, most hostile and it was much more uncomfortable than it was on the beach. Sparky on the other hand was loving the attention, meeting the ranger's looks with silly faces, sticking out his tongue and pulling his cheek, then squeaking to himself gleefully and continuing it. Noticing his Pachirisu's actions Fin's eyes would widen and he would quickly lift the shoulder Sparky was sitting on to gain his attention and whisper to him.* "Dude cut it out"

As they walked closer to the Main building, Alexis could see as some of the Rangers responded to Delta’s Bubbly charm and that gave her a little hope that this might actually work after all. Alexis had been so focused on looking about the grounds that at first she didn’t notice what was going on with Fin, but once she noticed the little Pachirisu’s actions she could barely contain her laughter, as it was her lips twitched with the effort of containing the laughter to just a grin. When Fin Finally noticed what was going on Alexis was almost sad to see the silliness stop. But she didn’t have much time to dwell on it because they approached the Large Wooden doors, which opened at one touch. Alexis could feel her eyes widen at the open space that greeted them as the lobby of the building, she could see two sweeping staircases going up to a second floor and large hallway in between. Other smaller hallways branched off the space and Rangers went about their business with Pokemon trailing them.

The group headed for the large hallway, stopping just inside it at a large elevator, it easily fit the group with plenty of room for more, she had never seen an elevator so big. Once the doors closed the elevator shot up at a speed she wasn’t expecting and it quickly reached the Top Floor giving Alexis no time to worry over meeting the Head Ranger. The doors opened onto what could only be described as the command center of the Rangers. Screens covered one wall and rangers sat around the room doing various tasks, talking on headsets, typing into computers. Alexis could only gape at everything around her, then her Eyes landed on one woman in the center of it all, directing her troops.

Alexis hadn’t know what to expect, but the Head Ranger was Younger then she expected. She was dressed nothing like the other Rangers which was why she stood out, but when you looked closer she had elements of the Ranger uniforms in her outfit. She had black boots up to her knees, a black and white dress that fell to mid-thigh. She wore a long sleeved black Trench coat, trimmed in red and yellow accents that almost brushed the floor as she paced back and forth across the room, her arms waving as she gave orders. Her blonde hair was in a long braid down her back, and she had a fierce look on her face. Watching her like matching bookends which she paced in between was an Espeon and an Umbreon, the way they watched her with their tails twitching I guessed they were her Partner Pokemon.

When she saw the group she stopped and turned to face the group her face looking both relieved and wary before a smile over took her face. Once she stopped moving the Espeon and Umbreon padded quietly to her sides, and sat back down next to her, staring at the group. Alexis smiled back at the Head Ranger who gestured everyone forward. “Come, come this way, took you long enough to get here I was starting to think you guys got lost or something. Oh Right also…” She turned her head and glanced around the room as if looking for something, she spotted a Ranger and gestured him forward. “Please join the group now, and if you oversleep again, I will remove you from this assignment and give you Gardening duty for a week are we clear Zeke?” She said sternly as she directed a tall blonde Ranger to stand with everyone once we had stopped as one in front of her.

She made almost a shooing gestured with her hands, “If My Rangers could just step back a little…” and then a come here gesture right after, “And the Trainers could just step forward a little line up so I can get a good look at all of you.” Alexis nervously stepped forward and waited for the other trainers to follow, she was a little wary of Lola, she seemed so different from the other Rangers and not at all what she was expecting, which made her unsure about what to expect next from the Head Ranger.

Lin lounged against a wall in the back of the control room and frowned looking uneasy. She did not like being in the control room at all. She was a woman of action, violence, and nature and sitting behind a desk clacking away on some infernal machine was her idea of a personal hell. Lin watched the head ranger pace back and forth giving orders without a seconds hesitation. Lola on the other hand moved like she was born for this very purpose. She moved about the control room as surely as any wild pokemon in their natural element. Lin and Lola did not always get a long and often bumped heads. However at times like this Lin was glad that Lola and Kennedy were around to do this stuff so she never had to worry about it.

Arrow had his arms crossed and looked bored as his eyes lazily swept the room. The pokemon like his partner also wanted to be out in the trees hunting down team Luna right now or at least doing something productive. The pairs eyes darted over to the doors as the trainers and ranger group walked in. Her eyes landed on the kid she had threatened earlier and she looked away and toward Lola. Lin narrowed her eyes imagining, Lola wanting to yell at her later about that situation.

Lin like her superior did not wear a proper ranger uniform either. She was in her comfortable woods gear with light leather armor over top that fit her snugly. The only effort she even made in her appearance to show her affiliation was a patch on each sleeve of her arm. As Lola called for the rangers to stand in file, Lin rolled her eyes and contemplated staying in her spot. Finally she decided not to start a fight with both her superiors in the middle of the control room and moved over to stand beside the other rangers, followed closely behing by Arrow.

It had been a few month now, maybe 3, 4, 5 he couldn't recall and honestly to him it didn't matter. After, however long it been, moving out on his own, well him and his best friend, Ezekiel had been hard at work, trying his hardest to become a Pokemon Ranger. Someone who can help everybody. A person who specializes in saving, comforting and all over helping people. Someone adored by all- No! His thought quickly snapped back. It was was not the adoration that he was looking for. Though, maybe a friend or two would be nice. He guiltily looked over at his life time partner, his Buizel Jet. How could he say something like that with the best of friends right here. He gave Jet a smile. Jet just looked at him like he was crazy, tilting his head with confusion. [Bui?] The water Pokemon quickly snapped back to what he was doing, throwing some items in a small pouch. It was a small hip pouch that wrapped around the Buizel's body, just under his scarf. A couple berries here, a potion or two there, his essentials to help his friend with his dream. Ezekiel quickly shook his head, snapping out of his loose thoughts. This was not the time for that! Tomorrow was the big day! His very first mission as a REAL Pokemon Ranger! By some luck of the draw, he had been chosen for some high priority mission where he'd work with trainers. The excitement was almost palpable exuding like an aura from his skin. He quickly finished stuffing his own backpack with his own essentials. Placing it at the foot of his bed, he laid out his uniform, his RANGER unifrom at the foot of his bed. He stared at it for a moment before Jet pulled at his pant leg.

[Bui, Bui- Bui, Bui Buizel] He would explain pointing at his wrist as if he had some sort of watch. Ezekiel threw his hands up in a guilty gesture.

"Ok, ok, ok, i get it, time for bed, big day got it got it." He would step back from the bed and start walking towards the Buizel with his hand up. "You're right, we need to get some rest for the big DAY." The last words come out with much strain as the boy quickly swooped his arms down and scooped the Buizel up, wrapping him in his arms then diving with them both onto the bed. They both let out little giggles as small playful wresting ensued. It died out in a few moments. "I'm excited Jet. I think this is exactly what we've been looking for. Think of all the people we can help..." He gazed up at the ceiling as he spoke.
[Buiiii....] Jet trailed in agreence. Ezekiel quickly scooped up the Pokemon from his side, holding him in the air above him with his arms out. "G'night buddy..." He would let out softly. The Buizel reached down and placed the tip of his nose upon Zekes, a sort of eskimo kiss. It was something that he picked up young and become some sort of signature way for Buizel to say 'Hello, Bye, or I love you' in the case of Zeke.
"Love you too buddy..." And with the last words they both drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[BUIIIIIIIIIII!] His dreams were interrupted by the loud yelling and giant rush of water that suddenly splashed over his person.
"What in the-" He looked over to see the Buizel running back and forth in a panic, mumbling words in his little Buizel language. Ezekiel with sudden realization looked at his clock. He was late. Really Late...

He lept out of bed scooped up his uniform, peeling his wet cloths off and switching into the Ranger uniform. He had laid it out as to not get it wrinkled, but someone in his sleep he kicked it off the bed in a crumpled pile. There was no time to worry about that! He would quip to himself, falling a few times trying to rush the cloths on. "JET put your scarf on!" He would yell to him, knowing all too well the Buizel defiantly would leave it. [Buiiii] He would return rolling his eyes and putting on the Ranger bandana.

Ezekiel rushed through his little shack, grabbing a few meal bars on his way out, dropping most of them on the floor on his way out. At least he managed to hold on to one. The pair ran out as fast as they could quickly taking to the roads and pathways. If he remembered correctly that guy he helped said it was over in this direction.

About ten minutes later, he arrived at what he was told was his destination. It was an empty open area in the woods. No this couldn't be right. When he talked to that older ranger, the one he gave his map to he said it was here. After he told him he had such and important first mission... Ezekiel dropped his head. He knew what happened. The older ranger heard that this newby got such an important job and played a trick on him. Even went so far as to ask to have his map. Buizel, knowing the face that Zeke was making all too well, came up to comfort the boy. It was obvious to the Pokemon what happen as well. "Well, then" the boy forced a smile. "We will just find it on our own! Maybe we can catch them somewhere around the headquarters!" The boy would yell.

It would take him around 40 minutes to find his way to the headquarters from the place he was sent to. By this time he knew he was all to late. He shook his head as he walked into the building. Hung his head low as he took the elevator to the HQ room. Clinched as he walked through the room, ready to be berated for failing on the first day. His worry grew as the busy director just seem to motion him into the corner. It was there he waited.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had realized how hungry he was after waiting for quite a long time. He reached in his pocket to grab his meal bar. Buizel noticed this action and moved over to the side he pulled the bar from. It was as he opened the meal bar, the elevator door opened and a large group of individuals poured through. Buizel rubbed his paws together as the bar was opened. It was them! That was the group of rangers and trainers he was suppose to be with. How could he be so stupid as to sleep in and miss this! The Buizel tried to reach up and grab the bar while Zeke was zoned out, missing it just barely. His thoughts were interrupted as the director motioned him to go stand with the others. Zeke immediately bolted upwards. Was this for real? The Buizel tried to jump and grab the bar, missing as the boy quickly jumped up. Her warning came next, as she motioned him to the other side. "Y- Yes Ma'am!" He would respond probably too loudly. Just as he went to take a step the Buizel jumped up and grabbed the bar, landing directly in front of the foot Zeke stepped with. Zeke immediately tried to dodge his friend, throwing his leg outward, the same direction the Buizel would dart to to not get hit. Unable to stop, he would try his hardest not to step too forcefully. This caused him to lose balance, and the motion repeated until he stumbled froward and fell sprawled out, grasping for air, smack dab on his back. The Buizel, having slithered around and hopping on top of Ezekiel before he fell.

The boy just sat there defeated. First he failed to show up. Now this? What ranger team would want him now? What Trainer would want to partner with him now? What does Lola think!? The boy laid defeated when the Buizel walked up on his chest. He broke a small piece of the bar for himself, then held the rest out in front of the boys face, offering it to him to eat the rest. The boy whipped his head up in sudden realization. "Oh my Arceus!" He would call, grabbing the bar, scooping the Pokemon into his arms, and spinnin onto his knees, then up to his feet, in one fell swoop. "I forgot to get you food this morning! I am so, so sorry." He would hug his best friend tight. "Here, have the bar, i'm fine, not even hungry. Really." He would say, pushing the bar towards Jet. [Buiiii....] Jet replied, knowing that he was lying about being hungry. However, he also knew that at this point, the boy would never take the bar back, so Jet reluctantly took it all.

"S- Sorry, the boy would apologize, quickly running with his Buizel in his arms, into his position in the back, behind both lines of people, Trainers then Rangers. He didn't deserve to be in that line yet. It was there he waited for what would happen next.

And there she was, Marina had finally reached the headquarters. Everything felt quite safer now she was in that familiar place. If the Trainers did something wrong, Lolla would fix that, if a Pokemon suffered because of their fault, Lolla would make sure to ship them away before they could say a word.

Even though she liked the first floor better, they had to get to the second one, which unlike the lower part of the HQ was full of computers and other devices Marina just couldn't understand, and whem Marina didn't understand something she usually made something wrong, she didn't want to make mistakes in such an important mission.

Between the chaotic second floor, Marina spotted an Espeon, gracefully making it's way between the shelves and finally reaching Lolla. A shiver ran through the young trainer's back when she looked at her. In the short time she had been a Ranger, Lolla had became something like her idol. She knew how to manage everything and was always self confident, not to mention how pretty she was, yet without putting much effort on it. There were no words to express the sensation she got when she told her she had been selected for this mission.

Come, come this way, took you long enough to get here I was starting to think you guys got lost or something. Oh Right also…” she said, guiding the group after her and suddenly stopping for... “Please join the group now, and if you oversleep again, I will remove you from this assignment and give you Gardening duty for a week are we clear Zeke?

"Y- Yes Ma'am!" answered a worried looking blonde as he joined the rest of the Rangers.

As Zeke stood next to her along with the Rangers, she looked worriedly at him.

"What took you so long!?" she asked in a murmur.

Zeke had joined the same day she did, and as the newbies they were, their friendhsip grew almost naturally. He was the only person she felt comfortable talking with.

Keith didn't understand anything in the new setting he was in. As he saw the headquarters he got a bit calmer, with a serious face. He had been sleeping the whole time that he wasnt with the others, he told himself that he was gonna come soon. HE just took his time. After loads of tries to not walk the whole way, he gave up. He decided to just walk to the building himself. When he entered he realised he was pretty late, with a big sigh he just litsened to the conversation.

*Thankfully Sparky had stopped making faces and teasing the rangers, saving Fin from anymore embarrassment or trouble but that didn't mean he wasn't still on edge. His eyes would flicker side to side, his head turning in different directions as he tried to look at everything which was a very large and impressive base for the Ranger, surprising in fact. As they enter the elevator Fin would also remain quiet, moving closer to a wall and having his back towards it since it made him feel more comfortable. However the journey upwards didn't take long due to the speed of the elevator and soon Fin found himself following the others out the elevator and into the control room. It looked like something out of a spy movie and it was pretty impressive and a bit worrying. The rangers with all the technology and amount of people and pokemon they had still needed the trainers help? How powerful were team Luna on this island*

*Fin's train of thought was stopped as the head ranger addressed all the trainers, Fin waiting for all the other trainers to step forwards before doing so himself, quickly looking to his shoulder to find a slightly agitated Pachirisu trying to hide whilst keeping his eyes on the Espeon. It took him a second but Fin quickly realised the cause of Sparky's strange behaviour, knowing that he was pretty scared of Psychic types. The issue wasn't something he could deal with since Fin didn't want to cause another scene so he simply patted the electric squirrel on the head reassuringly, glancing towards Zeke and Marine for a second before returning all his attention to the head ranger.*

As the group began to migrate inside of the headquarters, Diana didn't take much stock of the interior design. All of her gawking and enthusing had been done during her first visit to this magnificent spectacle of structure and style. As pleasant as it was to the eye, however, actually being inside the headquarters was less than desirable. At least, during the day.

Much to her annoyance, there was a lot of noise. Whether it was casual chatter or bursts of laughter, there was seldom a lull in conversation. Her dorm was here, and yet she found herself trying to make it as soundproof as possible. Often times the dancer would do what she used to do when she lived with her parents and her siblings; stay up late until very few were awake and explore the building in the comforting silence of night. In addition to being quiet, the air took on a crispier quality that made the sensual trainer's skin feel electrified with excitement. The mere thought gave her goosebumps.

While still lost in thought, the blue-eyed ranger barely noticed as the group was brought into the rather large elevator and taken to Lola's command center.

When the doors opened, Diana immediately took inventory of faces in the room. Lola was there, obviously, as were quite a few others that she knew. Not the least of which was Lin, resting nonchalantly against a wall. After the woman's outburst earlier and abrupt exit, it was good to see that she made it back to the headquarters safely—and still willing to participate in the mission, for that matter.

One face in particular interested her, however, and that was the other new addition to the Ranger organization.

Zeke had a certain spark in his eye that Diana enjoyed since he first started. Say what you want about the ignorance of youth, the dancer could see the potential of this ranger just by the sheer determination of which he held himself. Though a bit nervous at a first glance, the cadence of his speech changed when he talked about what he was passionate about. While she didn't spend much time with him quite yet, she'd talked to him enough to know that he had the drive to do great things in this organization. Perhaps more of a drive than Diana had.

Lola called the Trainers forward and asked the Rangers to step back. Diana obliged, but not before giving Alexis a reassuring brush on the shoulder and holding up the bag of pokeballs that the trainer had entrusted with her. With a warm smile she nodded as if to say 'don't worry, they're still safe with me.'

Diana still hoped that she was assigned to the same group as Alexis. As much as she was adaptable, she already felt the two had a strong foundation on which to build their friendship.

Just when he had left her mind, Zeke had made somewhat of a spectacle of himself that brought his image back to her. Glancing over to him, she saw that he'd fallen. Diana waited for someone to help him up, but nobody did. Even his Buizel just seemed more interested in the food that he had. Before the dancer could stride over to him and help him back to his feet, the clumsy ranger was already standing and ready to join the group.

Diana stifled a giggle.

It was incidents like these that made it abundantly clear to her why everyone needed to learn the art of dance. Perhaps if he had a bit more practice in maneuverability then he wouldn't have ended up on his back and embarrassed. Regardless, much in agreement to Diana's assessment of him, he dusted himself off and joined the group. There was an empathetic comfort in knowing that he didn't falter after making such a mistake.

Alexis caught Diana’s eye when she felt the reassuring brush of shoulders and her lips twitched a little into an almost smile, it made her feel better to know the Ranger was taking keeping her stuff safe seriously. Alexis turned her attention to the Head Ranger as she stood in front of them.

Lola stood with her feet together and her hand clasped behind her, her emerald green eyes sparkling as she grinned at the trainers before her. “Alrighty, I have asked you here to help drive Team Luna out of Almia. I have lost a few good Rangers to this fight already and I can’t lose anymore. They have devastated the natural populations of Pokemon throughout the region and I can longer tolerate them destroying the way of life we live here. So…..While waiting for your arrival my Rangers have been scouting out potential locations for Team Luna’s Headquarters, if you can take out their leader, hopefully the rest will scatter or at least be easier to drive out without their leader’s direction. We have found 3 Potential locations, all teeming with Team Luna’s members…”

Lola turned to one of the rangers on a computer gesturing to the wall of screens behind her. “Pull up the map for me.” Then she turned back to the Trainers. “So if you looked up at the map here.” The wall of screens was now covered in an above view of Almia. “The first location is in a tiny abandoned village on this coast, it got half destroyed during a bad storm and they rebuilt it further down the coast, its only about ten buildings in total, only a few of which are still completely intact. Team Luna appears to have made use of its isolated location.”

As she spoke about each location a line went from the Ranger HQ on the east coast up along the coast line ending in a circle around a small piece of the coast, “…the second location is in a dense forest, almost unreachable otherwise, but a couple days on foot will bring you to the ruins of an ancient city, it’s almost completely overgrown but it’s now full of Team Luna.”

Another line going from the circled coast town west through the forest that covered a lot of the center of Almia to circle a part of the forest at the base of the large mountain range that dominated the north west corner of the region. “The last location is the hardest to scout and I only heard back from one of my rangers an hour ago about this one, but in the mountains is an extensive cave system, we have been working on charting it but that stopped once Team Luna took root there. The cave system runs through the entire mountain range leading to hidden little valleys and massive underground caverns, really it’s just one big maze…” she trailed off for a second, as the line went to and then circled the entire mountain range.

“My Rangers know this land by heart and will accompany you as guides to each of these locations. I’m providing everyone with enough supplies for you to visit each location in one swoop. However, if additional supplies are needed my Rangers can send messages with your location and supplies can be delivered to you by a flying Pokemon, maybe with a Ranger maybe not it depends on if I can spare one or not, we are constantly trying to keep Team Luna at bay from our major cities. They have already driven many families from their homes and smaller towns have been over run. I fear they will soon own this entire island…unless you can drive them off of it so we can put our Island back to rights.” As Lola spoke of what was happening to the island you could see the pain and anger on her face, she felt responsible for the island and its people and you could tell how much it hurt her to see the island like this.

Lola’s expression cleared as she took a deep breath. “My Rangers have all the information on where you are going…” She looked all the trainers in the eye one at a time. “And thank you for coming, we are grateful that you took the time to come here and assist us.” Then she turned her head to a small girl, who looked no older then 12, with the same blonde hair as Lola. “Kayley come here please.” The girl hopped off the chair she was on and skipped to Lola’s side. “This is my Daughter, she will take you to the dorms, I have cleared out a wing of rooms for all of you on the third floor, The Rangers who met you at the Docks will be the ones accompanying you on this expedition, and I have moved them into the first rooms of the hall. You will stay here tonight and leave in the morning for the first location.” Kayley skipped around the group and then to the elevator, she pushed the button to call the elevator to their floor and then turned around. “Well come on Trainers let’s go!” She said almost impatiently with a grin.

Alexis listened to everything the Head Ranger said absorbing everything and slowly gaining an understanding of how grave the situation was here. The Head Rangers two Pokemon were gorgeous and they seemed to watch the group unblinkingly, as if waiting for them to step out of line. When the spitting image of the Head Ranger skipped past them Alexis could only grin, she was adorable and reminded her of her own little sisters energy. Alexis followed the little girl to the elevator trying not to laugh at the impatience of the small girl.

As the Trainers started to leave Lola gestured to the Rangers, “Please stay for a few more minutes I need to update you on your mission.”

Delta could barely control his excitement, AFTER he got all of his Pokemon through the door he started bouncing a tennis ball in his hand.

The speech wasn't long or boring, thankfully, and the head ranger seemed nice enough. The little girl seemed annoying already. That annoyance faded as they were led out to the dorms and something spotted his eye through a window." Is that a basketball court?" He grinned. He loved playing basketball." Can we go out there later?" He asked and his uncontrollable energy was unleashed. He began to run down the hall.

This was taking too long!" Come on hurry or it will be too dark to play!" Teal sighed and picked him up by a leg so he dangled in the air." Teal damnit put me down please." Teal laughed and dropped him so he had to roll to avoid smacking his head." That's not funny!" He pointed and yelled.

Last edited: