• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Darkening Dark (Kirby RP)

Please don't confuse the other Kirby RP and this one. I plan to make a much-different plot in this one as opposed to... whatever the other's plot was. :p

This RP takes place in Kirby's Epic Yarn, since that's the game I know more than any other. (I've just re-completed the game for the first time in a few years, and now I'm going back to get 100%!)

In the world of Patch Land, everything is going smoothly. Many creatures from Dream Land and the like have moved here, making a new life for themselves. Yin-Yarn had been defeated many years ago, so each world has been living life in peace, harmony, and connectivity for quite some time.

That is, until all seemed to fade.

Not out of existence, no, but to black. With every passing second, Patch Land grew darker and darker still. The Brotherhood, a group of creatures from each world, had gotten together in Patch Castle to discuss the matter. The verdict? One citizen from each world would be chosen to help find the source of the fading light and put a stop to it. This may seem like a simple task, but due to the blindness everyone is experiencing at the moment, chaos had erupted in the lands. Not only will light need to be returned, but the peace, too, is needed throughout the land, or it will be Yin-Yarn all over again, but worse. Much, much worse.

Yes, in this RP, you are one of the chosen citizens from any land in Patch Land, helping to revive the normal state.

And now, some rules:

1: All general RP rules apply.

2: Remember that the RP Rules say you must write at least a paragraph. If you can, try to aim for two or three!

3: Please, try not to be the same thing as someone else. For instance, my character is a Cool Spook, so please don't also be a Cool Spook. It's rather confusing and slightly annoying.

4: Also, please, only one character per RPer, and one world per character, for obvious reasons. Once all worlds are taken by people, the RP will be closed and private for us and us only. (Unless someone wants to be a random citizen, but where's the fun in that?)

5: Do. Not. Be. Kirby. Under any circumstances. Take another character! There are hundreds of others you can be! Please, be creative!

6: Have fun! You don't need much Kirby knowledge to join this RP! I can explain anything if I need to.

If you'd like to join, here's the character form:

Name:
Appearance Difference:
(If you'd like, you can switch some things about your character's appearance! For instance, if you're a Waddle Dee, you could be purple instead of orange! :D )
Personality Difference: (You know how enemies usually have set personalities? Feel free to think outside the box with this!)
World:

Here's my character:

Name: Zahra
Species: Cool Spook
Appearance Difference: instead of sunglasses, she wears lime green shutter shades, and her choker is red
Personality Difference: Most of her kind live(?) in dark rooms, but she prefers light and the outside world. When in light, she doesn't glow like normal. (Believe it or not, I thought of this personality before the idea for this RP!)
World: Treat Land

Incase you wanted to know, the representatives of each land in the Brotherhood are the final bosses, including King Dedede and Meta Knight. Please do not take any of these, okay?

Quilty Square: Prince Fluff - Representative: Wally D the Waddle Dee (@SMRPG64)
Grass Land: Fangora - Representative: OPEN
Hot Land: Hot Wings - Representative: OPEN
Treat Land: Squashini - Representative: Zahra the Cool Spook (@~Principessa~Phantom~)
Water Land: Capamari - Representative: Flash the Wheelie (@Sciencewars)
Snow Land: King Dedede - Representative: OPEN
Space Land: Meta Knight - Representative: Voia the Cultra (@Icena)

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to help you out with whatever I can!

Of course, credit for the Kirby franchise goes to Nintendo.

Last edited:
Name: Voia
Species: Cultra
Appearance Difference: Her cloak is dark blue instead of black.
Personality Difference: She doesn't smile and is much gloomier than the other mischevious Cultras.
World: Space Land

Name: Flash
Species: Wheelie (Bike design)
Appearance differences: The top part is a deep grey instead of red.
Personality difference: Instead of being reckless, Flash is quiet and calm, and only fights when needed.
World: Water Land

Hi there! :)

I can see you're new here! Welcome to Pokecharms! Are you looking to join this RP, or are you just dropping by? Either's fine, in my opinion. :p

~~EDIT~~

@VulpixNinetales Scooby Dooby Doo~ Where are you~? xD lol

Last edited:
Name: Wally D
Species: Waddle Dee
Appearance Difference: A tiny bit bigger and a darker shade of orange.
Personality Difference: (So personality is how they act in the game?) Can run and jump faster then the regular Waddle Dee
World: Quilty Square

Oh gosh...

So I know there hasn't been a post in this thread for a while, and that the pause was my fault. I'm super sorry for that. I was wondering, though, if everyone's still interested in this RP? If y'all are, I can post in the the thread whenever I can, but if you're not, then I can leave it be.

Feel free to share your opinion below. vv

Same. I hoped it wasn't but I thought it was dead.

Edit: Yea lets continue, I want to see what happens and there aren't many other Kirby RPS

Last edited:
Cool! I'm super tired right now, so I'll get to posting on the thread tomorrow, alright?

I really want to help my RPs survive as long as they can, but sometimes other things happen and I can't. And I cry. :p

I am not letting this thing die!

Super sorry it's been so long since I've posted on this RP, but I'll make sure I do soon! In a couple of days, I'll be getting some surgery done (no need to worry, though!), and I won't be at school for two weeks, so that clears up some more time for me to RP. You can expect a new post from me sooner rather than later, alright? Alright.

Name: Undye
Species: (sword) Soldier
Appearance Difference:
(If you'd like, you can switch some things about your character's appearance! For instance, if you're a Waddle Dee, you could be purple instead of orange! :D ): Green Body, purple ha.
Personality Difference: (You know how enemies usually have set personalities? Feel free to think outside the box with this): Speedy, Kind, Regretful.
World: Hot land

Last edited:
Oh man, I completely forgot about this RP! This has been dead for how long now? I mean, I honestly wouldn't mind continuing with it, but I think I'd need to start a new thread, since I think some of the RPers here aren't around anymore. That sound good to everyone?

Maybe some convenient reason why Kirby can't cross over and help

Oh my God

What if this took place right after Kirby 64 in the real world. Dark Matter is the "Darkening Dark" and he retreted into the sock after being beaten, destroying it to stop Kirby from following him

... o.O

I am loving this idea! Since I've still only ever played Epic Yarn (and, like, the first few world of the newest one), I didn't know Dark Matter was a thing. I'll have to look him up! Make sure to keep this a secret, though! :p

Name: Zeep
Species: Chilly
Appearance Difference
(If you'd like, you can switch some things about your character's appearance! For instance, if you're a Waddle Dee, you could be purple instead of orange! :D ): The hat is Blue/green, and the snow is tinted blue.
Personality Difference (You know how enemies usually have set personalities? Feel free to think outside the box with this!): Very eccentric, happy, and almost never gets sad.
World: Snow Land