• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Dark Tournament

Mina blinked as Salem patted her head before he turned around and walked away. She looked very confused and turned toward Ecarte. "Ecarte why would a trainer come to this level of tournament if they are not elite? I don't understand, don't they want to win. Why compete if you are not prepared to win." Ecarte just looked at her and shrugged, "Gardeee." Mina just shook her head, "he makes my head hurt teddy." She sighed and walked into the hotel, followed by Ecarte.

Amara showed the barest sliver of a smile as Crystal startled Floyd, perhaps at the look upon his face. However as he hurriedly excused himself and walked away she just continued to stare at him with unblinking eyes, for several moments longer before she turned away and picked up a book from her waterproof bag.

Alex recovered a bit and sat up in his chair. First he looked at Maverik, "It's ok boy I will be fine." Then he looked over at Aidinia, "thanks for the help Doc. Tell Bee girl we will settle this on the field." He smiled as if looking forward to it. For now though I am going to bed. With that he stood up and went toward the hotel.

Time: The day before the tournament, Evening
Tagging: Salem, Ajax, Cassie, Lady
----------------​

With his attention now fully on Cassie, Salem started making his way over to the restaurant area where she was seated with her Liepard. He swerved around groups of people, ducked under various Pokemon, and twirled around the lone trainer offering a smile and a wink in passing. However, when he got to Cassie's table he just danced right by it, curving a Pokeball back over his shoulder. The Pokeball hit the table corner, then bounced up to released Ajax from inside and continued spinning on the flat tabletop afterwards.

“Save me a seat buddy, and make sure she doesn’t disappear!” Salem called back pointing at Cassie. He’d reached the buffet area and had already gotten his hands on some plates somewhere along the line. Meanwhile the massive turtle materialized beside the table Cassie was seated at and reared on its haunches. He stood at attention, tall and unmoving with a stern expression on his face and looked off into the distance.

Ajax was a remarkably large Blastoise specimen, at least as far as Salem could tell. Naturally the Pokemon stood taller than himself but he had seen Ajax tower over other Blastoise as well. Salem wasn’t a vain person by nature but he couldn’t help swell with pride a little whenever he laid eyes on his friend and travel companion. The extra bulk made Ajax move a bit slower, but he generally reacted fast enough for it to be a real concern. Regardless, it was a small price to pay for the added toughness the Pokemon seemed to possess. His Blastoise had surprised both him and the Pewter City Gym Leader when he stopped the charge of an Onix dead in its tracks. Capitalizing on that moment of stunned inactivity had led to them earning an easy Badge that day. Salem and Ajax had laughed at the Gym Leaders baffled reaction and initially refused the badge and proposed a rematch without surprises, but the Gym Leader would hear none of it.

When Ajax noticed the female trainer at the table look up at him from the corner of his eye he winked at her before resuming his stoic guard in all earnest.

Salem appeared back at the table skillfully balancing four plates of food on his arms before the Pokeball had even stopped spinning completely.

“Do you mind if we joined you both for dinner miss Cassie?” he asked sitting down before she could even answer, pushing two plates in front of Ajax and pocketing the Pokeball.

Taking that as the end of his watch duty, the big Blastoise exhaled and slumped down on his rear. He’d been puffing out his chest but could now relax and look forward to a well-deserved meal. He grinned at the Liepard across the table, but seemed to be waiting on something before digging in.

The whole scene had lasted a mere moment but Salem acted and smiled as if he’d been sitting here all along.

“I’ve been meaning to thank you for coming to my rescue in the lobby earlier,” he told Cassie while unfolding a napkin and neatly placing it onto his lap, “but you seemed to have vanished into thin air.” He rotated his plate and ordered his cutlery. Then, he looked up at Cassie and locked her shining silver eyes with his sparking green ones.

“Thank you,” he said sincerely, and apparently that was the que his Blastoise had been waiting for and dug in.

Salem studied Cassie's face a bit longer. She looked prettier now than when he'd first seen her earlier that day. Less haggered at least, but there was still something behind those silver mirrors of hers. For a moment he thought about commenting on it but decided against it and focused his attention on his food. Salem was never one to ignore his own urges and right now he was starving.

Last edited:
Oh.

Ohh.

No.

No, no, no, he's coming over.

A frown tugged at the corners of her lips. So faintly, that, it hardly mattered at all. Mere twitches, shifts. The trainer squirmed uncomfortably, but on the inside. No, no, no, she just wanted to be alone. That's all. Though Cassie had to admit, Salem had quite a pleasant grace about him. The way he ducked and swerved around the obstacles so smoothly, it... Seemed almost aristocratic. Trained.

But nothing she wasn't unfamiliar with.

However, this familiarity settled well with her. It brought comforting memories of someone she knew and trusted and loved. Once. A lifetime ago. It didn't hurt anymore, she realized. Other things ached far more now, and yet, not. It'd all settled into a nice, neat scar for her collection of scars.

Her silver irises trailed Salem's form closely, even as he closed in. Then he swerved, ever with the grace of a Milotic and she couldn't help but stare curiously at his evergreen eyes. Then he winked. Her curiosity was dropped and she looked over to Lady instead, who seemed keenly observant of his bag... Yet again.

But then something dropped in front of them that was painfully familiar and it burst open before either could react. They simply paused. Watching the creature materialize. A Blastoise. The same, massive one they'd seen before. He was even bigger up close, especially to Cassie, who was quite short. Oh, he was her warden now? How quaint. Exactly like how she pictured her evening.

Not.

She tilted her head back to make eye contact with him and he winked. Like trainer like Pokemon, she thought.

Lady resumed her feasting, yet, her eyes were cautiously locked on Ajax. She even went as far as placing a forepaw on the table, right beside her plate of meat. Perhaps she thought he was going to take over and devour everything on her plate? Probably why she was eating so quickly now.

Do you mind if we joined you both for dinner miss Cassie?” He sat before she could answer. She wasn't going to, anyway. Plates were set and as Ajax grinned at Lady, the feline narrowed her eyes at him, feeling that her food was threatened, and quickly resumed eating, while the Blastoise didn't. How very well mannered.

I’ve been meaning to thank you for coming to my rescue in the lobby earlier, but you seemed to have vanished into thin air.” They locked gazes, and Cassie was uncomfortable. There was something about his eyes, an inquisitiveness, that made her squirm. Like he was peering right into her vault of secrets. Alarm. She could feel heat rise in her cheeks. Her stomach churned. Still, she said,

"I tend to do that sometimes."

And then he said thank you, and he and Ajax both started eating, and she knew he wasn't going anywhere. Cassie squinted at him, making it clear that she didn't appreciate his invasion of her space. But that gradually melted to an accepting look of, 'well, there goes my evening' before proceeding with her dinner.

Her plate was already half empty by then, and she finished the other half in a minute or two. Then, she simply indulged herself in her tea while Lady munched on the berries she had. A you're welcome was still far from being said. Pushed further away when Cassie decided to ask instead, "Are you sure you'd rather sit with me?" Her voice was different this time. Slightly more silken and husky. A hint of amusement in it. She then nodded towards Alex and Adinia's table, which bustled with life and activity. "It's much more interesting over there."

A new persona had come into play when she leaned on the table, propping herself up by her elbows while her eyes focused on his once again. This time more willful and sharp. Allowing her intelligence to shine through as the silver seemed to glow against the shadows cast by her fedora. She held the tea cup with both hands, unfazed by the heat which her gloves protected her from. "I prefer the calm. What about you?"

"They will be alright, Floyd isn't it. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to speak earlier, I was a little to busy watching the disaster ensue. Apparently, you are used to peppers. Good Night Alex, and you are quite welcome, It is my job after all. Sleep well." She turned her attention back to Floyd, "You seem a little anxious, who is the lady over there that seems to have you sweating more that the ghost pepper you just ate?"

Floyd stopped cleaning his glasses and put them back on, returning his attention to Aidinia. "N-no it really is fine. No need to apologise!" He began to fiddle around a bit with the coat tied to his waist as Alex and his Pidgeot shot off to their hotel room. Floyd looked around him, the dining area was now full again for some reason. 'Maybe people are coming out for dinner? It is around that time isn't it?' He thought while scanning the crowd.

One table managed to catch his eye, it was the one over in the corner, kind of separated from the other tables. 'Hey. It's the skater with the Liepard... also the guy with the Blastoise.' Floyd couldn't help but wonder what they were doing together so far away from the crowd. His attention was dragged right back to Aidinia as she asked about Amara. This made Floyd physically jump a little bit, causing the polished wooden table in front of him rattle. "Errmm... that really isn't something I'd like to talk about."

Floyd adverted his gaze and it miraculously ended up back on Salem and Cassie's table, specifically on Lady.
One look and he could tell, that Liepard is one of the most mischievous and agile ones out there. It was practically beaming with elegance. Floyd one again returned his attention to Aidinia.

"I think I might just go to bed soon, I'm actually beginning to get tired." Floyd stated with a hint of annoyance in his voice. A small yawn escaped his mouth when he tightened the scarf and jacket tied to his waist.

There was a stinging sensation in Delilah’s stomach, even after she left the restroom. The pain emanating from her stomach tingled throughout her whole body. So much so that after stepping out of the bathroom she had to just sit next to the door for a brief moment with her hand propped on her knee.

“Not only did I meet some jerk who thinks he’s better than me, but now my stomach’s gonna be hurting like crazy tomorrow…” Leaning her head back against the wall, the bee-themed trainer closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

A smile slowly creeped onto her lips while some of her favorite rock music echoed in her head. In an instant, Delilah stood up and pumped her fist. “Aww yeah! This trip is gonna be awesome!”

She waved her Beedrill over. “Come on, buddy! Let’s go check out our room! I’m in the mood to party ‘til we drop!”

Beedrill had been worried about her, but was also happy to see that she was feeling better.

As Delilah and her Beedrill approached their hotel room, they opened the door to very pristine accommodations. Everything was very blocky and modern in design. Most importantly, there was a television right next to the bed.

“Alright!” Setting her backpack by the front door, Delilah ran and jumped onto the bed with her full weight. To say the least, the bed was probably the most comfortable one she’d ever slept on. That wasn’t saying much, however, considering she spent most of her nights in tents, sleeping bags and couches that belonged to friends. “Let’s see what channels we got.”

The brash trainer reached for the remote and went to work on channel surfing. Meanwhile, Beedrill found his comfortable spot on the couch. He’d grown tired after all the traveling and excitement today. Just as he was about to sleep...

“Yeah!” Delilah erupted. She found a television station that was playing the rock song she had thought of earlier. The TV got louder and louder, music blaring out of the speakers as Bee stood on the bed and started practically screaming into the remote. She danced around, which threw the sheets and pillows on the bed into disorder. The girl truly didn’t care if it bothered anyone, as this whole trip was her time for fun.

The music TV station and Delilah’s singing continued even as she stripped down, showered, then got into the sleepwear she’d brought on this trip.

She danced her way over to the balcony door and opened it wide while her music and singing blared out. Delilah paused her singing only long enough to yell, “I love this island!” out to everyone below as though they were her audience. If anyone had a room next to hers, they would be in for a restless night.

Beedrill knew she was going to be up until the early morning with her loud music. Personally he thought rock music got its start because it sounded like someone banging rocks together, which is to say not very good at all. He enjoyed calm classical music, but what could he do? It was more important that she enjoyed herself than he.

At the end of the day Beedrill had to admit that seeing the girl so happy warmed his heart. For a brief moment, he didn’t see Delilah as she was. He saw the excited little girl who danced and sang the exact same way when they lived in Petalburg City all those years ago. It tore him up inside that her father hadn’t been honest when giving him to her, but it was understandable. If keeping her spirit alive costed a single lie, then so be it.

“Beedrill!” Delilah exclaimed. He snapped out of his thoughts to see his trainer’s eyes alive with excitement. She pointed a finger at him, “you rock my world!”

Time: The day before the tournament, Evening
Tagging: Salem, Ajax, Cassie, Lady
----------------​

There was a strange feeling of being observed. Salem, who was normally oblivious to such things, looked up from his plate and noticed Cassie looking at him intently, or maybe inquisitively. He continued chewing blankly and then a little impatiently. Finally he swallowed, dapped his mouth with his napkin to politely hide he was checking his teeth with his tongue, then smiled at her as if trying to assure him the food was good and he was enjoying himself.

‘She is such a nice person for being so concerned,’ he thought to himself, and was soon digging into his meal again with a gusto only rivaled by the big Blastoise next to him.

Before long Salem exchanged the plate with the hardy part of his dinner for the other plate containing mostly fruits of a wide variety. He had just bitten down on a slice of pineapple when Cassie spoke up.

“Are you sure you’d rather sit with me?” she asked with a sort of challenging undertone. As if she was baiting him into saying the wrong thing. “It’s much more interesting over there,” she continued and indicated somewhere over his shoulder with her eyes. Those bright silver eyes that formed such a strong contrast with the dark hair framing her face. Eyes that seemed to want to tell a story all of their own and were searching for someone to listen. He noticed a small scar underneath one of them but was somehow unable form a coherent question concerning it. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew he was supposed to acknowledge her words and look behind him to the place she’d indicated, but he couldn’t look away. It was as if invisible hands held his head in place and demanded he see what wasn’t meant to be seen. Then she blinked and just like that the spell was broken. His mind was free to wander and wonder again.

Salem blinked a couple of times, released a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding, and flushed a little. His mind worked furiously to remind him where he was and what he had been doing. ‘A restaurant of a hotel, in a resort on an island. A tournament,’ he thought. It all came back in an instant and washed over the moment that had just transpired.

“I prefer the calm. What about you?” Cassie asked almost playfully.

Salem looked from her to her Liepard, who was intently staring at him with bright emerald eyes. ‘These girls are intense.’ Salem decided. The thought made him smile and his smile restored his confidence.

“I have always found that a meal is best enjoyed in the company of pretty ladies,” he said lightheartedly, and took another bite to emphasize his point.

Ajax had already finished his meal by then and was feeling mighty content about it. He snorted to let his trainer know he was done. Salem absently reached into his pocket for the Pokeball but felt nothing. He padded his shorts, looked down and then around. He found the Pokeball on the ground next to the chair Lady was seated on.

“Excuse me,” he murmured at the Pokemon as he bend to pick it up and recall his Blastoise. He securely fastened the ball to his belt after that.

When Salem finally finished his fruit platter he gathered his’ and Ajax’s plates in a single pile, neatly placed his cutlery on top of it and pushed his chair backward slightly so that he could recline into it more.

“That was pretty good,” he spoke to no one in particular, then glanced across the table at his dinner companion. He had intended to chat more with her and get to know her better, but somehow he already felt better acquainted despite the few words they exchanged. There was comfort in the silence between them. At least that’s what he felt. He had no idea what was going through this girl’s head, but he concluded he felt better having met her regardless.

“So tomorrow is the big day already.” He thought about asking her what her plans were for the rest of the evening but decided against it. Instead he said: “They put me up in room 3030. A nice place with a poolside view. They really pulled out all the stops for this event.”

Cassie looked about to say something, but Salem pushed his chair back noisily. He stood up, stretched, and let out a loud yawn.

“It’s been an absolute pleasure miss Cassie, Lady.” He grinned and offered them each a flourished bow, then spun lightly on his heels and stuffed his hands deep into his pockets. “I wish you a good night,” he called over his shoulder and walked away.

When he passed the table he’d seen the trainers at earlier being attended to by their Pokemon, he smiled and waved at the elegant lady with the luscious red hair and nodded to the boy with glasses.

Last edited:
Damian fiddled with his necklace for a moment before Orion exhaled audibly catching his trainer's attention.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just... thinking. There's a lot of powerful people here, and i'm not just talking about physically." He said to the Lucario as he crossed his arms sinking lower into the cushions of the pristine white couch. Damian had already retired to his room for the night, the voyage on the ship had been longer than he would have liked.

Orion stood from the couch and punched one paw into the other. Damian looked up at him, with a sort of smirk. Of course Damian couldn't carry a conversation with his pokemon, but the two were close, and seemed to understand one another through actions.

"Oh you're plenty powerful too Orion, you know that. I just meant a few of these people have a lot of influence. Wouldn't be hard for one of them to suddenly drop whatever nice guy charade they start with and end up blackmailing people to win." Damian said as he stood and scratched Orion on the head. Damian walked toward the bathroom and looked into the mirror, tomorrow would definitely be something else.

Grabbing the Luxury Ball off of the bathroom counter where he'd placed it he walked back out toward Orion who had started meditating. Although, upon closer inspection, it looked like the pokemon was just sleeping sitting up. Damian stifled a small chuckle. "Get some rest, big guy." He said as he returned Orion to his pokeball and placed it in his backpack.

Collapsing onto the bed, Damian stared at the ceiling for what seemed like a small eternity before he finally closed his eyes.

I have always found that a meal is best enjoyed in the company of pretty ladies,

A slight smile at Salem's comment. Eye contact was broken, and Cassie hid beneath her fedora. She shut them, relishing the feeling of the tea's steam against her face. This silence was strange, she noted. Only because it was so familiar. A certain understanding of one's preferences. A choice to be silent. To simply bask in one's energy, and know where they truly come from. A facade, almost. She found it in him too. Something to hide, to be avoided by discovery- she was right the first time she laid eyes on him.

They all had secrets, but chose to accept it without really knowing what it is. Mutual respect and understanding, she decided. It was a silly game they played. A secret conversation without words. Though he was saying words, she read between them and understood.

Another attempt at thieving. Silly Lady. She pawed Salem's head the moment he bent down to grab his pokeball, unintentionally brushing out his ghostly hair with her claws. And then, Cassie could hear him recline in his seat. More words, but Cassie didn't respon to any of them.

Except these last few, "So tomorrow is the big day already. They put me up in room 3030. A nice place with a poolside view. They really pulled out all the stops for this event."

A teasing thought or two crossed her head, but, what came out instead would never be truly heard, "I'm in-"

Salem stood, and she felt as if her words lacked purpose then. And so, they were let go. To be forgotten, swallowed by silence. She held her position, though sliding her eyes open, if only slightly to gaze into her own reflection on the surface of the tea. He bid his farewells, but she didn't spare a glance.

His leave was a betrayal. But nothing she wasn't used to as well.

They sat in silence, she and Lady. The Liepard glanced back and forth in, for the first time since she hatched, confusion. Until she hopped down her seat and stretched her body. And Cassie instead clicked her pokeball and recalled her. "Good night."

The girl remained. She didn't leave, because that would be betrayal too. She was her own company. The hours ticked by, and one by one the trainers left and her tea was cold. And so did she, because the restaurant would close. Cassie stood and took to the garden instead, where the trees and plants were lit by starlight. A peaceful evening stroll, accompanied by the symphony of Kricketune and Noctowl somewhere in the greens. She pulled her coat over her shoulders and tied her hair into a loose ponytail. And she paused.

That feeling of being powerful... Significant. It was still there.

"Pull your hair up, and you can conquer the world."

And the little girl in her, listening to that piece of advice her mother gave her, still believed that.

Last edited:
As Delilah threw open her balcony door and danced out into the humid night air, shouting to the whole Island she could hear Metallica Fuel playing off to the side. When she instinctively turns her head she can see a nineteen year old man standing on the balcony smoking a cigarette. He had spiky hair died with several streaks in order to look like a dancing flame. His build was lean but tough and athletic and he had golden eyes. Right under his his eyes were four small red stones. Each eye had two dermal piercings below it. He wore black finger less gloves on both hands and each glove had a mounted Fire evolutionary stone inset on the back. As she turned his way he locked her gaze with his own and calmly ate two ghost peppers in succession without even a twitch. Then he put the cigarette back to his lips and blew a perfect heart smoke ring before winking at her and walking back inside. As he moved away she could see a female Pyroar. The Pyroar just looked at her and then back towards her trainer before shaking her head at her trainers antics. She then huffed and walked inside gracefully.

3db326695f5b67a58135fb44485d4274.jpg

((Apollo Soulis has lost against the elite four in Kalos three years running although each year he gets past the one who beat him the last year. For anyone who sees him and has the lore. Known Fire type trainer))

342090_trainercard-Apollo_Souli.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Cassie strolled casually through the gardens lost in her thoughts, she would suddenly become aware that she was not alone. Mathew was standing about ten feet away, once again with a piece of poki hanging from his lips. "Nice night for a stroll isn't it Miss Michaels." Even though Cassie had been somewhat lost in thought her senses were pretty attuned, Mathew must have been quiet as a shadow to get so close. Perhaps if Lady had still been out beside her she would have been alerted sooner. He was looking up at the full moon above as he spoke. "I do hope you have enjoyed your stay here on the Island so far darlin'. You and that mischievous feline have been having quite a bit of fun it seems."

Mathew kept his gaze skyward, with his stance relaxed attempting to show he was not a direct threat at least at that moment. "Don't you think it's just an awful shame to see talent wasted." He slowly spread his hands out as if to encompass the hotel and it's guest. "Children and young adults battling for fame and recognition trying to validate there own existences." He turned slowly to look at Cassie, "but then you know all about how ephemeral fame is don't you darlin'" He tilted his glasses down so that his amber eyes could be seen. "Personally I believe that strength is only truly tested through adversity. Only when someone losses everything can they really know themselves." He smiled at Cassie and shrugged before turning his head out to the jungle below, "excuse me for gettin all philosophical with you. It seems to be a bad habit of mine."

Last edited by a moderator:
Aidinia finished up her meal, stood from the table and waived to Salem as he walked by heading to bed. She stretched her legs and looked to Alex, "Ready for a strole Alex?" She walked towards the doors. Alex walking along behind her.

Once outside the doors Aidinia looked at her choices for her strole. Pool side, ocean side or jungle? Tonight she thought the edge of the jungle near the beach would be a wonderful place for a strole.

She headed off thinking about the trainers and their Pokemon. Tomorrow would be hard on everyone. She knew the struggle for success. She knew the heart ache of failure. She wasn't here for the tournament, she was here to explore the place of her birth. She wished all of the trainers luck and hoped they would find themselves happy with the experience regardless of their success.

She walked along the beach shore gazing into the jungle wondering what tomorrow would hold for her..

Floyd stretched his arms out behind his head and delivered an even heavier yawn than last time. No one was really around to hear him anymore so he assumed he could be a bit more lax with his appearance. Floyd snatched his phone from the slightly damp white satchel hanging off his left shoulder. Upon pressing the button on the bottom of the display, the screen lit up and displayed the time on a red background. 'It's that late already?' Floyd quickly gave the button another tap and it grew dark again. He proceeded to assort the tables dishes in an orderly fashion, every time he was done dining at a restaurant with some friends he ended up cleaning up after them. Floyd was didn't mind though, it was his way of thanking the people who served the food. "Bye Doctor, hopefully I'll see you again." He gave a small wave when exiting the dining area and going on to the path leading to the main building.

Floyd walked past the countless blue doors in the deserted hallway at a leisurely pace. He wondered what kind of trainer each one of them held. 'Wait... what is my room number?' A sudden realization slapped itself in his face. Floyd reached for his back pocket and took out his trainer card, printed on it was a number. '3034.... 3034! 3034' Floyd repeatedly thought of this number in his head in an effort to memorize it. He twisted his line of sight to the nearest door and was shocked at how close he was. '3030?' Floyd walked a little further up the hallway and there it was, the place he was going to be staying for the next two to five nights. He stood in front of it to take the scene in, a blue door with a shiny chrome doorknob and a rectangular plate with his room number on the upper part of it.

Floyd swiped his trainer card through the slot under the doorknob and a small beep came from it signifying that the door was unlocked. He walked in and closed the door before staring at the modern room in amazement. It had pretty much every luxury you could possibly have! Floyd took this opportunity to release Swift from his pokeball. Swift frantically turned around in every direction, enjoying his surroundings just as much as Floyd did. He bounced in excitement at the sight of a white lamp stationed in the corner of the room.

"Wow! This is amazing, isn't it?" Floyd asked his starfish-like companion, who replied with a short but loud "BZZZZT!".
He felt much more confident when alone, no social interaction was great!
'Well then. Time to get some rest for the tournament tomorrow.'' Floyd thought as he turned off every light except for the lamp in the corner of the room. He took off the jacket and scarf tied to his waist and put them on the end of his bed. He also tossed his now dry satchel on to the couch, this action was followed by Swift also jumping on to the couch and lying on his back next to the bag. Floyd replaced the shirt he was wearing with a white one that had a plain pokeball design on it's chest and threw himself on to the bed before taking his black-framed glasses off and placing them on to the bedside table. "Night Swift." He stated before curling up under the snowy white cover the bed provided. The Starmie's core began to fade to an almost transparent glass-like color as it drifted off in to sleep.

Thirty minutes later, Floyd still laid there with his head buried in his pillow. He just couldn't get any sleep. Thought of tomorrows tournament kept rushing through his head, he was really excited to see what kinds of Pokemon he was going to battle. "Ugghh, It's just no use!" Floyd audibly groaned as he hastily put his glasses on and made his way towards his coat. This woke up Swift who immediately started flashing red and making the sound of a blaring siren.

"Shh. We don't wanna wake anyone else up!" Floyd harshly whispered to the Starmie. Swift stopped making noise and it's core reverted to a static red color as Floyd put on his black coat. He thought that maybe a small walk would let him burn some energy and let him go to sleep afterwards.

Floyd silently headed out into the corridor, effectively retracing his steps to the point where he got to the entrance of the hotel.
Swift who was happily hopping along behind him didn't dare to go any ware near the water, his main priority was making sure nothing happened to his trainer. Floyd stared up at the starry sky as he strolled his way along the multitude of concrete paths and beaches. It was truly a sight to behold, a mix of different lights and dark colors coming together to make a beautiful night sky put Floyd's mind at ease. However this was short-lived as a slightly creepy voice snapped him out of the pleasant trance he was in, there were other people talking to each other just past the corner of the wall Floyd and Swift were about to turn.

'People are out at this hour!?' Floyd thought as he silently hid behind the wall in a panic, his Starmie mimicking his actions in unison. Did he dare to take a look at who was chatting? The voice did sound kinda evil. Maybe someone was in trouble? All of these thoughts ran through his head at light speed. Floyd inched one of his eyes over the corner of the wall, only to find Mathew and Cassie standing next to each other.

'I-It's the Liepard girl!'

Last edited:
"Nice night for a stroll isn't it Miss Michaels."

"It's morning, technically." A response came without missing a beat. She was empowered from her little moment under the starlight. Before she realized she had a stalker at her heel. Hand casually in her coat pocket, Cassie turned to the direction of the sound. There was no fear in her eyes. Nor was there surprise. Simply acceptance, peace, and will. Though Mathew couldn't see that. All he would see were hardened, silver colored eyes.

"I do hope you have enjoyed your stay here on the Island so far darlin'. You and that mischievous feline have been having quite a bit of fun it seems."

"It's quite funny that you know that, isn't it?" She responds with dry humor in her voice, but otherwise stayed put on where she was.

"Don't you think it's just an awful shame to see talent wasted."

Cassie stared at this strange man. Gazing wistfully at the sky. And wondered what it was he was searching for up there. Looking to where he was, she responded yet again, "That's an awfully quick change of subject."

"Children and young adults battling for fame and recognition trying to validate there own existences." At this, Cassie's smart mouth had grown silent. Her gaze lost focus for a moment, as she pondered this man's purpose. His eyes moved to her, and in return, she looks back. "but then you know all about how ephemeral fame is don't you darlin'"

She could feel her hands curl into fists by her sides, and his amber irises made her turn away. "Personally I believe that strength is only truly tested through adversity. Only when someone losses everything can they really know themselves."

Eyes shut.

Deep breaths.

Her hands relaxed.

"excuse me for gettin all philosophical with you. It seems to be a bad habit of mine."

When her eyes opened, there was a cleanliness in her eyes, rivaled by only fresh pavements and greens after a storm. The trainer let out a chuckle, and then crossed her arms. "Well, that's pretty much the past eight months of my life in one paragraph. Ah, well, whatcha gonna do about it, right?"

The trainer simply tilted her head back, letting out a hum, and proceeded to turn swiftly upon her heels. And then she continued strolling, coincidentally in the direction Floyd was hiding. Her hips swinging, legs striding with the utmost casual air.

"And stop following me, you weirdo."

Mathew face twisted into a small smirk at Cassie's reaction and defensive nature. As Floyd approached over the hill he stopped whatever he was about to say and looked in that direction. Those amber Iris's almost seemed to find Floyd's even through the green cover. After a moment he turned once more toward Cassie. "Perhaps you should have brought a steel pokemon to this little soiree, it might have fit you rather well. Although that Dark Purloin is a nice touch as well." His eyes once again went toward Floyd as Cassie spun about and began to walk away. Mathew placed both hands in his pockets and shrugged and he calmly strolled in the opposite direction before he stopped for a heartbeat and spoke. "Oh and darlin' do tell Thomas I said hello." With that he continued walking until he rounded a bend and disappeared from sight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Floyd watched the two he could almost feel a pair of eyes on his back watching him intently from the shadows. Although nothing can be seen in the area. As Cassie began walking in his direction Floyd could hear a small but audible thunk into a tree right beside him. Turning at that moment a small but incredibly sharp blue shuriken could be seen embedded in the tree. The Shuriken stood starkly in the night air for but a brief moment before dissolving into a small wet spot on the tree, looking for all the world like someone through a tiny water balloon at the tree. A harmless aftereffect of a very deadly message. Just as quickly the feel of the eyes seemed to recede back into the shadows from which they came.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Aidinia walked along the beach under the moonlight, she could feel each grain of sand as it shifted beneath her shoes. Her Sylveon trotted along behind playfully pouncing at small crabs in the sand. The beach started to curve and as she walked around a bend out of sight of the hotel she beheld that she was no longer alone. On the beach and slightly at a distance she saw the blue haired man she had glimpsed earlier that day at the hotel. As she stood to watch him for a moment she saw him looking up and following his gaze she noticed a shadow in the clouds. Just then a large green dragon burst through the cloud cover and dived at break neck speed toward the ocean below. Just before crashing into the surf it banked hard skimming across the waves and heading straight for the man like an arrow released from a taunt bowstring. At the last possible minute, the dragon gracefully pulled back it's momentum and landed perfectly in front of the mysterious man. Before Aidinia could react to this no less than four of the tournament security guards stepped in front of her blocking her view. One of the guards addressed the Dr. "You should be in your room miss, the rest of the island is off limits until the tournament concludes. Please return to the hotel now."

latest

Last edited:
"Of course, I was merely out for a strole. I like the night air and I am used to making rounds at night. I will return to my room. Tell the young man he has a beautiful Salamence. I'd love to speak with him should he choose. He seems awfully lonely." She said these things loud enough for the young man to hear her as she turned and headed back for her room. She hoped he would follow her but she doubted if he's guards would let him anywhere near her. She wondered if he was a prisoner here of some type.

She looked around and realized she was at the doors of the hotel. She stopped to grab a drink and a small snack both for her and Alex and proceeded upstairs to her room 3025 a corner near the end of the hall. She like that.. She walked over to the elevator and pressed the up button..

'Thunk'

Floyd paid absolutely no attention to where Cassie was heading as soon as he heard that noise. It was unmistakable, the noise of something sharp piercing wood. Floyd quickly turned to the tree and saw a blue object dissipate into what seemed like water. Swift began to make a barely audible buzzing noise, he was nervous. Floyd's pupils began to dilate and his body froze up as a million different thoughts ran through his head.

'What was that?'

'Where did it come from?'

'Who made it?'

'Who put it there?'

'WAS I CAUGHT!?'

It didn't matter. Floyd's mind went numb. He dropped his little spy act and made his way from the wall he was hiding behind to the path. He was dead silent, making a single noise could produce devastating consequences. Trying to act as natural as he possibly could, he began to walk along the path once more. Swifts core emanated a bright red, signifying that it was ready to battle as it casually rolled behind by Floyd's side.

Floyd turned the corner and without knowing Cassie was heading his way, almost bumped into her. His violet irises met hers for only a brief moment before his face turned almost completely pale.

"S-s-sso... Sor-rry!" Floyd nervously apologized as he backed up almost immediately. His body was shaking even more now. Why did he have to meet her now? At the worst possible time!

"...What?"

His words pierced right through her like a spear. Her feet halted in mid-step but when she turned to find him, he was gone.

How?

How did he- how could he possibly?

Steel type. Thomas. Cassie couldn't wrap her blown mind about it. Her hand lifted up to press against her temple. Composed, unwavering eyes now shaken and confused. She'd stopped moving, but the world around her didn't.

A young man appeared right before her. Almost out of nowhere. So close in proximity, and she saw violet. Cassie too took steps back in order to preserve her bubble. Shoulders hunched, the girl hid beneath her fedora, tilting it lower with the hand she had against her temple.

"S-s-sso... Sor-rry!"

"It's... fine. Really." Cassie eased her breath, blinking her eyes to shake the waver in them. And then finally looked up to observe who it was she nearly ran into. And she had to look quite far up.

He was much taller than she.

Her gaze was soft, having not quite recovered from Mathew's words. Not the usual steel. They were... Scared. Confused. Even if there were only faint traces of them left. And she was confused to see them in this stranger's eyes too.

"You are?"

Swift frantically rolled around Floyd in a small circle, making all sorts of computer-esque noises. The Starmie knew Cassie had no intention of hurting Floyd but he still wanted to protect his trainer, just in case something were to happen. Floyd knelt down to Swift as he was rolling and managed to tap him. "J-just calm down. Mkay?" Floyd tried the best he could to not act shocked at the events that just occurred but there just wasn't a way to shake it off.

"You are?"

Floyd shot upwards and back on to his feet. He didn't see anyone, he nudged his head down, then down again. Only then did Cassie come into plain view. The height difference between them became apparent. Her gaze was oddly soft, perhaps it was fear? Maybe it was just how she naturally looked at people. It seemed peculiar though. Swift had stopped his antics and started bouncing up and down by Floyd's side shortly after Cassie posed her question.

"Fl-Floyd... "

Before his answer came, Cassie was mildly interested in the Starmie frantically rolling about, creating circles around the boy. The flashing core... Spinning appendeges... It sent her into a light trance, allowing whatever thoughts and emotions she had before to fade into nothingness, retreating to the back of her mind.

"Fl-Floyd... "

"A pleasure." Cassie held out her gloved hand for him to take. She had recovered, but when her eyes looked back to him, they remained soft. Perhaps she found pity in the boy's timid behavior, or the Starmie's hypnotizing movements simply got her in a trance to stay that way. Her lips were stiff, however, and once their hand shake was complete, that hand returned to her coat pocket. "I guess I'm not the only Noctowl here."

But that was only partly true. She was insomniac, not nocturnal.

"I was heading back to the hotel. Would you like to join me?"

Floyd stared at Cassie's gloved hand for a moment. He took a second to get his head together before shaking it gently.
Oddly enough, he could feel the tiniest bumps under her glove, they was barely noticeable. Maybe it was just the creases? Or was she hiding something? Floyd simply shook it off as his imagination, after all, he was still recovering.

"I guess I'm not the only Noctowl here."
Noctowl's image came to mind as she spoke, the Pokemon was one of the first ones Floyd was assigned to research by professor Rowan. He remembered getting scratched on the face by a young Hoothoot when he went out to take some pictures one time. "That brings back memories." Floyd quietly uttered under his breath before snapping back to reality.

"Huh? O-Oh, Sure." He replied with a small smile on his face. 'Two people are definitely better than one, I don't really wanna walk back alone with Swift at this point... '

Floyd knelt down picked up Swift in his arms. The Starmie's core slowly transitioned from a bright red to a light blue as they began to walk back. An eerie silence fell upon Floyd and he didn't like it. Silence was one of those things that you have to have a sense of security to enjoy. At the moment, he definitely did not feel secure.

"So uhm... The Pokemon you've brought to the tournament is a... Liepard, r-right?"
Floyd struggled to find something to talk about, he was desperate to take his mind off of what just happened.

Last edited:
Silence was again engulfed them, and yet it was different than when she was with Salem. It was stiff and thick. Not welcoming and warm like it had been before. Cassie found it suffocating, and apparently so did Floyd.

"So uhm... The Pokemon you've brought to the tournament is a... Liepard, r-right?"

"Yes, that's right. Lady. A handful." Cassie had to will her feet to take each step. Take her back in the direction from which she came. They felt so heavy. "Your Starmie is named Swift then?"

Her eyes flicked towards the Pokemon her carried in his arms. "You seem very close." At this, her voice changes, if not to simply hold an undertone of melancholy. "That's good." Moving her gaze higher, she proceeded to observe his face, peering gently behind the brim of her fedora. She memorized each curve and line. Each shade of color. It was a habit she had.

In hindsight, quite a bad one at that.

"I'm Cassie, by the way." There was a knock on the back of her mind at that face of his. Something beneath the shards and tatters that told her she should've known him. But where? How? Even if it was a fleeting glance, she would've remembered. She should have. And she only remembered inportant things. "You seem familiar."

Shade remained in his seat until there were only dining staff remaining. He watched the other trainers with a practiced eye. He recognized Cassie from her record, but he doubted she had any bearing on his assignment. Someone to keep his eyes on, though. He was more concerned with the security staff. They weren't the typical rent-a-cops. They screamed ex-military. He finally got up from the table and made his way slowly back to his room to get a few hours of sleep.

"I can understand why, Liepard are known for their tricky behavior. Their fur pattern is considered to be attractive to most Unova trainers. Liepard often use their speed to outwit prey and strike them when they least expe-... Sorry... I k-kinda went off on a tangent, you probably know all this." Floyd's spoke at an incredibly fast rate until he cut himself off, the fact that he could speak without a hitch when reciting information always ended up surprising him.

"Your Starmie is named Swift then?"

Floyed cleared his throat before answering again.
"Yeah. I named him that when I was younger because he use to dodge attacks constantly. Nowadays not so much. I'm surprised you know."

"You seem familiar."

"...Why is that?"
Floyd found it odd at how easy it was to talk to Cassie. When he had looked at her before she seemed like the type who would simply shrug him off if he even tried to ask her for help. The hotel entrance began to draw closer as the two walked towards it. Many of the people in the windows had their lights turned off, they had all gone to sleep in preparation for the tournament.

Time: The day before the tournament, Night
Tagging: Salem, Ajax
----------------​

Salem casually strolled down the corridors of the hotel on his way back to his room. At least, that had been his intended destination. He was lost in thought and thus not paying much attention to where his feet were taking him. His mind was on the events of the day and all the people he’d seen and met so far. There were many, but a select few had stood out from the crowd.

There was the unlucky girl with the perpetual scowl, and the red haired man with the bee stung lips. He stopped walking for a moment when he remembered something else. ‘Wasn’t there a Beedrill kidnapping?’ he thought, but dismissed the thought almost immediately as silly.

‘Speaking of silly, I did mistake a Pokemon for a human earlier.’
He chuckled softly and continued walking. ‘Come to think of it, I never did ask the young miss her name. And I wonder if she might be a little noble of sorts. She certainly looked the part.’

His thoughts then wandered to Cassie with the silver eyes. How like mirrors they had been. When he stared into her eyes he could easily make out his own face reflected in them.

‘Cold they had been.’
“No that wasn’t quite right.” He said out loud. ‘More like detached then? Yes that seemed more accurate. Detached in the sense that they weren’t expressing real emotion, or at least not the emotions she had been feeling during dinner I think.’ “Or maybe I’m just looking for unnecessary reasons to explain why they I still see her eyes when I close my own.” Salem said in an attempt to convince himself he was being foolish.

He looked around to see how far he had strayed. Not that far, it turned out. He had been going in a rough circle and was actually quite close to the staircase. He didn’t like elevators very much. Closed off metal cages they were, and especially uncomfortable when too many people pushed themselves in. Salem bounced up the stairs, taking several steps at once, to the third floor. Where he stepped out onto the carpet of the hallway.

His fingers brushed against the Pokeball hanging from his belt. ‘I wonder if the others are being treated well by that doctor,’ he thought. ‘I’ll go see them tomorrow before the tournament begins,’ he decided as he stopped in front of his room door and got the keycard out.

The room was dark. His hand automatically reached out for the light switch but upon locating the button he decided not to press it. He closed the front door behind him and walked straight through the room towards the balcony doors. Starting with his sandals he quickly stripped off all his clothing and stepped out onto the balcony as naked as the day he was born.

The night air was still comfortably warm and he relished the feeling of a gentle breeze on his bare, sun kissed skin. Salem closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He could smell the ocean and taste the salt in the air and for a moment he was a little boy again, back home on the island.

He imagined the warm sand between his toes and the wind tugging gently on his blonde, somewhat shorter hair. It was much longer and lighter in color now. Hinako was at his side playing in the sand. She was still a young Nidoran back then and mewing excitedly as she hopped from sand hill to sand hill, sometimes tripping and rolling down one. This made the little Pokemon squeal with delight all the more of course. This was a familiar memory of Salem. One he cherished and he smiled broadly, completely unencumbered.

“There you are Lemming…” a female voice echoed in his mind and as it faded, the memory faded with it. When the voice was completely gone Salem was back on the balcony of his hotel suite.

He opened his eyes and gazed up at the starlit night sky and spread his arms wide as if to embrace all of it. What a breathtaking sight it was. Countless tiny lights flickering in an ocean of blackness. The sight made him feel small, but also connected. Connected to something larger, something infinite. It made him feel like anything and everything was possible.

Tomorrow would bring a day of endless possibilities, just like it did every day, and it was up to him to make the most of it every time. ‘How can one not smile with all this wonder around us at all times?’ Salem thought to himself and lowered his arms.

No longer in the grasp of melancholy he became more aware of his surroundings. From a few room up and to the left he could hear someone getting his or her groove on with some hard rock and metal. When he leaned out he could guess which room it was likely to be as all the rooms surrounding it still had their lights on. “Rock on friend,” Salem chuckled approvingly, then turned and stepped back inside but left the doors open.

Back in his suite he strode over to his backpack and pulled out the thin blanket he carried around with him. He tied it around his waist and let it hang from his hip in true island fashion. Then he moved through the room picking up his discarded clothes from the floor and folded them into a neat pile on one of the chairs. Salem then called for room service to bring him up a bottle of muscatel in about half an hour. Any local brand would suffice.

He thanked the voice on the other end of the line before hanging up and reaching for the pokebelt slung over the back of a chair. He pried the lone Pokeball from his belt and released the giant turtle inside. When he materialized in the room Ajax looked over and down at his trainer. They both stared at one another for a moment in comfortable silence, and then Salem walked over to pad his friend on the shell.

“I believe I still owe you a good scrubbing don’t I?” he asked, and the big Blastoise nodded eagerly. “Come on then, let’s see if you can fit into the bathroom area where we can wash that ocean salt from your shell. You may have the bed after that.”

Roughly thirty minutes later Salem rolled his shoulders and shook his arms loose. Bathing his Blastoise was always hard, but satisfying labor. Salem always performed the task with pleasure and Ajax seemed to really relish the sturdy scrubbing. The big Pokemon in question was now sprawled out unceremoniously on the bed that only barely fit him. ‘Let the big guy get his rest tonight for he’s going to be busy come morning,’ Salem thought tiredly. He probably wouldn’t last much longer himself.

His thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door to his suite.

‘Ah right, the room service,’ Salem thought. He put a relaxed smile on his face, walked over and swung the door open.

Last edited:
Gerald usually wasn't a recluse. But he made an exception this day.

Because this hotel room was the best thing he'd ever seen! From the lights to the bed, it was truly the most comfortable room he ever had the pleasure of being in. How was he supposed to go back to his little cluttered apartment now?

And his side-kick Pokemon June, the recently evolved Delphox. She was enjoying it as much as he was, at least, he thought she was. At the moment, she was focusing on the tip of her stick. "Hey June, you alright there?" No response. "June?" he waved his hand in front of the focused creatures face. She snapped out of it rather quickly, giving an aside glance at her trainer. "I still don't understand what your doing."

The fox only sighed in response. She was attempting to view into the future. However, she was having a bit of trouble, she was still getting used to the whole Delphox thing, her improved Psychic abilities, and all sorts of different things. And these upcoming battles wouldn't be easy. She saw all sort of threats to a Fire type and Psychic type, like Starmie, Blastoise...she swore there was a Liepard too, but wasn't quite sure.

"Y'know June, maybe we should go to breakfast tomorrow. We did basically stay here all day...as great this room is, we should meet our competition."

June noted Gerald had a point. She could pinpoint their weaknesses, analyze potential adversaries...then again, she rode on Gerald's order. She wasn't about to make a "better" attack and override his command. That's what Screecher was for, anyways.

It was only then Gerald became aware of the time. "Yikes. It's later than I thought. If we want to get to breakfast in the morning, we should get to sleep."

Another fair point by Gerald. Her eyes were rather drooped from a day of failing to look towards the future.

Gerald only did one thing to prepare for bed, took off his knit cap. It was rather hot, and he'd rather not suffocate his hair in the night. Then he simply got under the covers. June lifted herself up on the bed, before curling up to sleep. The boy noted, despite her becoming a Delphox, she still held many of the attributes of the Braixen he'd known for 6 years. Some things just never changed.

"Goodnight, June." He said, before drifting to sleep.

The night was alive with music and laughter. Bee finally had her moment to banish thoughts of the tournament and focus solely on the joy of staying at a resort. While she always felt like she could conquer the world, tonight she felt like she could conquer the universe.

That was until she saw who, or more prominently what, was on the balcony next to her room. Delilah wasn’t a stranger to having an audience, as was apparent with how loud she behaved in public places. This audience was unusual in the way that rendered her speechless.

The guy was staring at her. Between his lips was a cigarrette. At the end of the cigarette were embers that burned orange whenever he took a drag. Delilah got lost in the embers for a moment. Her smile vanished and her eyes were glazed over as terrible thoughts flooded her mind. Delilah’s skin felt hot, like it was on fire. She imagined it blistering as flames licked her arms and legs. The smoke he’d blown in her direction only immersed her more into that realm. Bee began coughing and waving the smoke away before locking eyes with the other trainer again. She caught his wink before retreating into his room.

Then, at last, the centerpiece of her worst nightmare. A Pyroar had accompanied him. When the pokemon looked at her, she took a step back. Thoughts of the fire pokemon setting her ablaze consumed her. No matter how much she tried to rationalize that it looked friendly, she just couldn’t shake the fear.

After the Pyroar had retreated into the room as well, Delilah slowly walked back inside. The expression on her face suggested she’d just seen a ghost. Instead of continuing her dancing, she grabbed the remote, turned down her music, then sat on her bed with her legs to her chest.

The silence that befell the room was more deafening than the music itself. Beedrill buzzed inquisitively, picking up on the signs that something was wrong with his trainer. The joy that once lit up her emerald eyes was now gone. He hovered onto the bed with her and looked at her with concern.

“I’m fine, Beedrill. I’m just…” she sighed and pointed to the balcony, “I saw this trainer outside with a Pyroar and it really got to me. You know how I am around fire types.”

Beedrill looked his trainer in the eyes. For the first time in months he saw her eyes glisten. She didn’t cry, but he could tell that she wanted to.

“Stupid fire,” Delilah said with a small chuckle, using her hands to wipe away whatever tears were forming in her eyes. She joked and gave Beedrill a half-hearted smile, “whoever invented fire should be locked away for life, am I right?”

Beedrill buzzed in agreement, more so to make her feel better than to express his own opinion on the topic.

Delilah rubbed her hands on her knees anxiously. “I guess I should just go to sleep and forget that ever happened.”

While initially Beedrill wanted his trainer to get her rest, he understood the importance of cheering her up before she went to sleep. He didn’t want her to have any nightmares, or to sleepwalk for that matter. So instead of agreeing with her he reached over and poked the tip of his drill against the plus sign on the remote. The music got louder and louder.

Delilah looked at her Beedrill at first in surprise, but that quickly melted into a knowing smile. She wrapped her arms around him. “I love you, Beedrill. You’ve always been there for me.”

Beedrill mimicked the movement to the best of his ability by placing his drills on her back. It was always nice when he could do something good for his trainer, especially because he knew more about her than she did about herself.

The content feeling Beedrill had started to turn to concern again as the hug got tighter. He tried to pull away, but she pulled him back into an even tighter hug. Finally, Beedrill understood what she was now doing.

“Hey,” Delilah said, her scared voice now back to its usual gruffness, “you’re the one who turned the music back up.”

With that, Beedrill reluctantly danced with his trainer. He danced until well into the morning, when the both of them finally crashed on the bed into a pile of sleep and exhaustion. Waking up was going to be difficult, but the quality of sleep would hopefully balance out the quantity of hours slept.

"I can understand why, Liepard are known for their tricky behavior. Their fur pattern is considered to be attractive to most Unova trainers. Liepard often use their speed to outwit prey and strike them when they least expe-... Sorry... I k-kinda went off on a tangent, you probably know all this."

At this long, detailed ramble, Cassie let out a small laugh. It was a light, carefree sound. Unburdened. Unbound. It was soft yet real and she herself couldn't remember the last time she laughed like that. Or at all. "I don't really mind it. It's a great refresher." Her voice still soft, perhaps a bit frail. But the distant knocks in her mind were growing louder, and they picked apart shard upon shard of memories. Fondly remembered ones, and others, not so fondly.

Looking back at him now, tilting her head back slightly just to meet his gaze, he would be able to see a new light glinting in her silver irises. The shards assembled themselves together, and slowly, she recalled them. "...But did you know that.. Liepard prefer to strike their opponents from behind... And are rumored to disappear and reappear as they please?" A slight tug on the edges of her lips. "Of course, now having owned one, I believe that is mostly attributed to their speed. They move so quickly out of one's field of vision and away, it's almost as if they'd vanished."

Cassie stared on ahead, and then proceeded to furrow her brows in thought. The long nights of study and torturous hours of lectures snaked their way back in, and she always did have trouble not spilling what she'd recited so many times before to appease the sharp gazes of her parents, nor could she stop her mind for wandering. She had no control. "Or perhaps it's Extreme Speed. You know, the speed oriented move which allows the user to practically vanish from sight upon it's use to land a hit? It's quite amazing how Liepard are just simply capable of learning it on their own, isn't it? It's not really a surprise though." She gave a slight shrug, and her voice rose just above a mumble. "They're not capable of performing heavily damaging attacks to face an opponent head on, thus, their tactics would've relied heavily on their ability to run. That is also exactly why not many people use, or even own a Liepard at all. It's very difficult to put them into play. You'd need all the right strategies and tactics, and mind-numbing set ups, let alone manage their tricky nature."

At this, she allowed a small smile. "But the great thing about that is, no one will ever know what to expect. I guess that's why I brought her." Her vision blurred for a moment, and the shards soon slip away. And the tattered, damaged girl comes back. "Ah, I'm sorry. I'm starting to sound like-"

My father.

The words were cut, and she allowed them to be forgotten. Tucked away safely deep inside her mangled heart. This laced her expression with a hint of melancholy, yet it was hidden well beneath her fedora. She didn't let him see her reminiscing her nerdy, know-it-all, distracted, timid, slightly scatterbrained scientist father. Instead, she clears her throat.

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before." Was her quick change of subject. "Have you ever battled a League?"

She could see the hotel entrance drawing close. Their conversation would end by then, so she frantically wracked her brain to recover the memory. "Kalos, Sinnoh.... Unova..." Her brows furrowed, creasing itself upon her thinking face. A pause, and her eyes curiously wander back to him, hoping to find something... Anything... "Floyd... Johnstone..." And then she snapped her fingers. "You almost beat the Unova Champ. You had a track record in Sinnoh, but didn't get passed the Elite Four. I know you, I saw you on a newsletter."

At this accomplishment, the girl seemed pleased. Her face glowed from her own sense of accomplishment as a small smile decorated her lips. By that time, they stood in front of the elevator. Cassie pressed the 'up' button, and simply waited for the box to come to them. "What floor are you staying in?"

Last edited:
Floyd let the salty ocean breeze cool his face as they made their way closer and closer to the hotel. He was somewhat perplexed at her statement, what was he like? Floyd's train of thought was cut off just as it left its station when Cassie rapidly changed the subject. Floyd took a quick glance at her face, only to find she was looking right back at him with pure silver eyes reflecting the light of the moon like a mirror. He shuddered in response, but quickly realised that it wasn't the type of stare that meant opposition. Her mirror-like irises reflected something more than the moon, he saw a little bit of himself as well.
Cassie ended up spurting forth what seemed like endless amounts of Liepard knowledge, it was to be expected though, she was the one who owned a Liepard, not Floyd. Although most of the information she listed was what Floyd already knew, he listened anyway. Her voice was pleasing to the ear. Any voice in this situation would be enough to calm him.

"I reckon it's their form. Liepards legs are shaped in such a way that it allows them to spring forward in the blink of an eye. I remember battling a creepy man at a tournament, he had a Liepard that practically had the ability to teleport! I think his name was Grimsley.
I ended up beating it with my Garchomp though, as Liepard don't take direct hits very well.
Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure trainers are drawn to Liepard not only because of their fur pattern, but also the beautiful form they develop over weeks of rigorous scouring and hunting. Y'know when Purrloin evolve, it only takes them a mere half-hour to learn how to run without making a single noise... " Floyd stopped talking, once again realizing his nerdy habits were taking over. He turned his head to Cassie again, who was thinking extremely hard about something. What on earth was she trying to remember? This was followed by a sudden change of subject.

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before."
"Have you ever battled a League?"

"Y-yeah, Unova and Si-"
He was cut off by a snap of Cassie's fingers. She must have reached some kind of conclusion from her frantic thinking.

"
I was in a newsletter?" Floyd exclaimed in a somewhat surprised tone of voice after Cassie gave her small speech. A small smile complimented Cassie's face, she was clearly proud of her achievement. After entering the elevator, she followed up with yet another question. Her curiosity almost rivaled his own.

"Uh... er.... Three! Floor three." Floyd answered in his timid voice.

Last edited:
As everyone lay or stood in their rooms with their pokemon, either in balls or out and about, reflecting on what the day would bring, all devices in the room suddenly turned off and all lights went out. Any attempt on the balcony or the doors would reveal that they are locked solid. As each trainer begins to ponder their situation and rising emotions start to set in, a slight sound could be heard by most, of a small hissing sound as some form of gas began to filter into the room. For those staying in rooms that have pokemon that don’t breathe normally, the sprinklers would turn on spraying some kind of Trans-dermal drug. Any attempts to break the doors or windows would find them reinforced and incredibly tough even against powerful pokemon attacks. The few trainers that do manage to damage or break through the doors discover a light screen quickly drops down to further reinforce the trap. For the even fewer trainers who were tenacious enough to break out of all the preparation they were immediately met by five man security teams each with pokemon typed specifically against that trainer’s pokemons weaknesses. If any trainer managed to break through their assigned security team they would have to deal with each other security team that had taken their target down successfully. No matter how they went down the end result for all the trainers in that hotel was blackness and the sweet oblivion of unconsciousness.

"Hm. I guess everybody's staying at the third floor." Was Cassie's final comment before stepping into the elevator. She pressed the button for the third floor, allowing the soft 'beep' to resonate in the silent chamber of the box. Not even the music was playing, Cassie noted. But she shrugged it off to energy saving.

The conversation had gone cold, and the girl was left to her own thoughts. An abstract mess, being the only description to summarize it. She thought of what to have for breakfast tomorrow- or rather, in a few hours, and swore she could see Volbeat and Torchic floating around in their small elevator box. All normal.

All perfectly normal.

"Wow, I'm really tired." Was her first comment inside the elevator. Her eyes followed imaginary beings that weren't really there. Marked with the slight turns and tilts of her head. Side to side. Up and down. Of course, all this happened in a matter of seconds before the screen beeped to signal their arrival on the third floor.

The doors slid open, and they were greeted by pitch black.

A void.

Nothing.

And a split second later, there was something and that something were dark gloved hands shooting right out of the darkness and grabbing right onto their arms to drag them into the embrace of the nothing.

She probably should be concerned but she really wasn't.

Out of the light, once again into the dark. She felt at home. Rough fabric grabbed at the back of her head, but the girl put up no fight. Chloroform. She could smell it close by and the hand simply proceeded to force her head into the cold, damp fabric soaked with the chemical. Familiar, she noted. Predictable. So much so, she managed to catch her breath and hold it to spare a few moments of consciousness.

Her eyes, adjusting quickly to the lack of light, darted left and right to scan they're surroundings. Guards. She could see them absolutely filling the space where people should be walking. Gas. Pouring ominously from each room door.

All similar, painfully similar tactics she knew from a nightmare that had come true.

And the dots were soon connected, and she understood how Mathew knew Thomas and Ryu.

This whole damn island was owned by the prestigious Rocket Company. Yet unlabeled. Incognito. No brand, nor signature. Just the piece of invitation she received one day at her house.

Her lungs screamed for air, and soon did the girl inhale, she was back in the dark.

Shade woke to Anubis' frantic barking. "What's wrong, Anubis?" he asked. Then he smelled it, some sort of knock-out gas. He ran for the balcony doors, even though he knew they'd be locked. As he fell to his knees and his vision went black, he thought of Anubis.

Each trainer will slowly start to recover fighting their way back to consciousness. The first thing they will become aware of is that they are lying on the ground and not on a hotel floor or bed. As they sit up, the second thing they will realize is that regardless of whether they were naked or not and what clothes they were wearing before this was no longer the case. Each trainer was dressed in a black pair of pants and a shirt, with undergarments appropriate to gender. Each black shirt is of simple cotton make and has a picture of a pokeball on the backside. The next thing they realize is that their single pokeball still occupied with the one pokemon they had chosen for the tournament is sitting on the ground right beside them. Looking around the trainers will realize that they are somewhere on the Island deep in the jungle or some other piece of natural terrain, far from the hotel, and the docks.

Shortly after each trainer wakes up a very large holographic image appears high overhead, showing the silhouette of one man sitting in a chair and the clear image of two others standing behind him. The two men standing behind are recognizable for those who have seen them as Mathew and the blue haired man. The silhouette of the man in the chair only shows a white lab coat, large glasses and a sinister smile. While the effect would seem almost comical at first, the very real situation put a sinister edge to it that could not be ignored.

professortomoeshiny.jpg

The man with the glasses spoke his voice was smooth, powerful, and confident although it had a noticeable hint of madness to it. “Welcome to the Dark Tournament trainers. I suppose that you are just now realizing that it wasn’t exactly what you had in mind.” The man let out a small giggle as if amused with his own joke. Then he coughed and began talking again. “There are many different diverse species of wild pokemon on this Island. A rather fascinating mixture of different species I might add. A newly created retrovirus has been dispersed via airborne means across the entire Island.” He gave a large smile that seemed to encompass his whole face, “It does some rather fascinating things involving the adrenal gland and the medulla oblongata.” He shook his head, “anyway let me make it rather simply explained out for you. All of the wild pokemon on this island are going to be more hostile than any pokemon you have ever encountered, they will attack you on sight, fight to the death, and they are bigger, faster and meaner than they were before.” He turned back to look down at everyone on the ground below, “That’s right, my little lab rats….”

At that moment Maverik shot up into the sky with Alex easily riding his back and stopped hovering in the air right in front of the image. He had a defiant and brave look on his face as he immediately flipped the image the bird before yelling out his words so that everyone could hear him. “I don’t know who the fuck you are buddy, but you really are insane if you think any of us are going to stay on your Deathtrap Island. We are going to show you what elite trainers can do, and why you shouldn’t mess with the best.” He held his other arm out pointing below, “Here is what’s going to happen psycho, every single trainer on this Island is going to tear through a few wild pokemon and then we are going to come for you and I am going to personally kick you’re a…….” Alex’s words were cut short suddenly as his head rocked back and a splatter of blood shot out of the back of his head. His body slumped forward onto Maverik’s neck. Maverik let out a keening cry of despair, and then a gigantic column of lightning ripped through the air from above completely encompassing the large bird pokemon for a moment. When the lighting finally cleared, everyone below could see the Pidgeot falling rapidly towards the unforgiving ground below with his trainers body falling separately beside, still leaking blood from the hole right between his once vibrant eyes.

During Alex’s Tirade the man with the glasses at first frowned and then just looked bored and disinterested. After the murder happened he gave a small smile and began speaking again. “I do so hate being interrupted. Anyone else desire to be a hero hmmm?” He leaned back in his chair and spread his arms wide. “As you can see this Island is heavily defended and I assure you standard escape is quite improbable.” He gave another sinister smile, “Of course you are always welcome to try.” He laughed again at his own amusement, “Now where was I. Oh yes, you are now test group B. I mean we can’t very well release this weapon on all of Cerulean City without making absolutely sure it works now can we?” He spun in his wheeled chair, “the name of the game kids is survival. Yours to be exact.” If you can survive on this Island for one week then you get to live.” He smiled once more, “oh fuck it I will even throw in the promised tournament reward to any survivors. I mean after all I don’t want to be called a liar now do I.” He giggled wildly for a moment before stopping. One Pokemon, no items, no pokecenters, oh and just to make it more fun there will be random patrols of our men wandering the Island. We have to keep the boys on their toes now don’t we.” He held his arms up straight into the air, “so without further ado let the games begin!”

The image fades out and everyone around can hear the sounds of angry wild pokemon emanating from the wilderness, as if to verify the truth of the man’s words. Each trainer could feel the heavy weight of dread that seemed to permeate the whole Island.

Last edited:
Shade watched the murder with narrowed eyes. When the debacle was over, he rushed to Alex's side and checked his pulse, confirming death. Slowly, he walked to Cassie, looking at her with the practiced gaze of a veteran cop. "Well, Ms. Michaels. I'm fairly certain you aren't in on this fiasco, but you are familiar with Team Rocket. We are all going to have to work together to get out of this without further casualties. Do you have any information that might help?" He stood with arms crossed, awaiting her reply.

Last edited:
Damian woke up in a fury, he hadn't been awake to experience the knockout gas however the shock of the new environment was easily apparent. Noticing the new clothes he was wearing his hand darted toward his neck and he noticed his necklace was gone. Scanning he saw Orion's Luxury ball on the ground beside him.

As he brought out his Lucario the holographic image appeared, then he took notes of the area around him, rocks, trees. Damian confirmed he was still on the island just as the madman said so.

Suddenly a large figure broke through the trees, into Damian's sight and up in front of the hologram. A trainer on a Pidgeot. As the man yelled in a somewhat triumphant display. And then it happened. The trainer was falling, and then the pokemon. What got him? The lightning was apparent but Damian didn't see what hit the trainer.

Orion's ears twitched from a noise deeper in the forest.

"We need to move." Damian said as he brushed the dirt off of his black pants. The trainer couldn't have fallen far from where Damian was. 'Better go examine the body, make sure it's not mini explosives in our head or something. God, those dumb action movies did actually teach me something.'

Damian started walking toward where he saw the trainer and Pidgeot fall from the sky. Could these people really have subverted pokemon to a primal state? Most weren't hostile unless territory was being threatened. Technically this whole island was territory.

As he glanced back at Orion he noticed the pokemon seemed off. The other trainer. That was the first time Orion had actually seen death. Pushing the thought further into his mind, Damian tried to remain calm. A week outside? That was nothing, his whole journey was practically spent camping most nights, a week would be a cakewalk with his survival skills.

Floyd entered the elevator with a beaming spirit. He was happy that he managed to make a friend or two.
Oddly enough, there was no elevator music. It was kind of eerie being in a confined space, without anything to distract him from his own paranoia but he just did what Cassie did, shrug it off. Swift's core began to change, except this time it was different. A cloudy white color fogged up the once pristine red gem and the Starmie fell out of Floyd's arms and into... nothing.

Everything was fine.
Everything was okay.
Everything didn't matter.

Floyd looked up, there was nothing there. Floyd looked left, right, down and behind him but no matter what way he looked, nothing was there. It was just empty, empty and lonely. The sound of pure silence echoed through his head like a virus searching for someone to infect. It hurt intensely yet it was somewhat soothing. Floyd became light headed, he felt like he couldn't move. In fact he couldn't, no matter how hard he tried he just stood there, looking at nothing. Eventually, something came out of nothing. A black pair of dark hands snatched him by the collar of his coat and pulled him towards something. There wasn't enough time to see what it was though as the warm, dark embrace of sleep consumed him.

A seemingly large hologram in the shape of a scientist materialized in the sky. Floyd paid almost no attention to it as he regained his senses, his head hurt and his eyes were aching but despite all that, he looked up. A frozen face of shock plastered itself on to his face as the person in the hologram began to talk. Floyd recognized the distinct voice clearly, 'B-But Cedar is suppose to be... dead.' Floyd knew the voice, it was Mortimer Sinclaire, also known as Professor Cedar. He had seen some videos online of him giving speeches about his genetic engineering work.

'Adrenal gland and the medulla oblongata... isn't that where the mind controls the heart and lungs?... !' Floyd knew what Cedar was doing before he even said it. He was, put simply, making wild Pokemon go mad. It was a recipe for pure destruction.
Floyd frantically looked around him in search of his belongings. Upon looking down he found out he was dressed in black clothing and the one thing he was worried about most, seemingly by luck, was right next to him, Swift's pokeball. Floyd's violet irises expanded as his pupils dilated, a familiar face sped towards the hologram on his Pidgeot. He was stopped dead in his tracks, literally. A red line of blood drew itself in the sky above as Alex slipped off of Maverick, who suffered the same fate when a lightning strike blew him out of the air. This wasn't the first time he witnessed someone being killed, but the memories flooded back to him when Cedar giggled violently.

'That fucking maniac...' Floyd thought before breaking out of the scared trance he was in. He quickly snatched his Pokeball off of the ground and ran in the direction Maverick fell as the hologram dissipated. He had to find other people, now, otherwise there would be a much bigger price to pay then the ferry ticket to the island.

Gerald slowly recovered. "Ugh...What happened...June? JUNE?"

Luckily, she was right next to him, stored in a Pokeball.

A hologram lit up in the sky, however. An odd man, a blue-haired man, and...was that the head of security? Either way, whoever that was, they were explaining it was all a scam. A cruel test for creating aggressive, powerful Pokemon.

"You BASTARDS!" He cried out towards the heavens, aiming it at the scientist and his posse. "You took my jacket! That thing meant a lot to me! And my new hat! What about my other Pokemon! If you did something to them, I'll get my Delphox to shove flames so far up your asses that you..." However, a cracking sound stopped his rant. Someone with a Pidgeot had attempted to fly off. And payed the eternal price. "On second thought..."

The boy stayed quiet to listen to the rest of the Scientist's spiel. Including the prizes if he survived...a week.

He needed a moment to recover. "June. Please come out." Gerald meekly stated, pressing gingerly on the ball. He was met with the fox's unfocused gaze.

The mystical creature was confused and terrified. She felt like there was something watching her...other than Gerald, who similarly looked terrified. "June, we need to get moving. If we are lucky, most Pokemon here are Grass or Poison type...Keep on alert at all time. Bad things are happening. Grab your stick out, we'll need it for light."

The fox did as she was commanded. With a flick of her hand, the wand was lit and brightened the area.

"One last thing. Hopefully, it won't come to this...But if I get hurt badly, run. I know it sounds dramatic, but do it. Please."

June nodded solemnly. And with a wave of his own hand, Gerald ventured deeper into the jungle.

She could breathe.

She could move.

She was alive.

Her eyes slowly pulled apart, greeted by the stinging sunlight of tropical shores. Except she wasn't at the shore and she shouldn't be outside. Nothing ached. Nothing broke. She could feel each limb and finger and toe just fine. That was good. Blinking slowly, her eyes began to wander. Shifting, left and right, her head rubbing lightly against the ground. They coincidentally fell upon Salem, so far away, and yet, still there. And curiously watched his slumber.

Until reality came crashing in.

And she realized it wasn't real.

He wasn't there.

The hallucination faded, washed away by the gravity of reality's tidal wave that slammed her with the force of a Giga Impact, and yet, it didn't faze her. Regret, sure, it was there. But in the long run, what would she be doing with her day anyway?

Cassie was just a magnet for trouble.

The first and foremost thing she found concern in, however, was not the fact they were possibly lost and stranded, and quite possibly about to die, but instead, it was the lack of the comfortingly familiar fabric normally clad on both hands. Her eyes slowly gazed down to the discolored, raw flesh that were her hands. Sinewy, deformed, horrendously atrocious. Each uneven layer of skin formed abstract folds and craters. She still had her nails, luckily, yet, that didn't reduce the vibe of her hands being some sort of alien monster in disguise.

She used to hate them. But now, it kept her grounded. Especially when Nine wasn't there to do that himself.

Still, she really didn't want to draw any more attention to herself than she already probably would in the next several hours.

Sitting up, the trainer could feel foreign fabric against her skin, and her gaze trailed downwards to observe clothes that definitely weren't her's. They were simply too bland and dull to be her's. Cassie then looked under her shirt, prying the collar slightly to take a peek, and finding her undergarments had been replaced as well. Now she was offended and violated. "I damn well hope they enjoyed the view." Was her bitter comment before noticing the lack of shade protecting her vision from the sun. Most likely indicating she had lost her fedora as well. Just jolly. That thing cost a fortune and she hoped they realize that.

Well, at least her ponytail held up.

Looking to her side, she quickly picked up on the black gloves and fedora sitting neatly right where she lay, along with Lady's pokeball nestled just between them. Without hesitation, the girl snatched the pokeball first, clipping it to her new belt before taking the gloves and marveling at it for a moment. They were sleek and quite similar in design to her previous gloves, except without the buckle fastener. They looked perfect... Except for the hideous red R on them. Oh, the fedora has that idiotic logo design too.

When the holographic man appeared before them, Cassie was busy attempting to peel the damn things off the otherwise gorgeous black glove. Words, words, laughing, threats, mumbling. She picked up yelling, and looked up only when lightning struck in the middle of a clear sunny day.

She noticed the Pidgeot and trainer falling from the sky. Crashing right there, several feet from where she was seated. Presumably dead already. Oh, well, people die. And with that being far from the first time she witnessed death, Cassie simply went back to her attempts at salvaging a good piece of accessory.

No, it wasn't working.

Her attention was piqued however, when the holographic man mentioned prizes. The prizes which he was still willing to give them, granted they stay alive for the week. Her eyes were wide, desperate. Oh, she was definitely going to stay alive. Looking back down to the gloves, she proceeded to turn them inside out, successfully masking the logo before slipping them onto her dainty hands. She proceeded to do the same with the fedora and slapped it onto her head, feeling much more fashionable now than a few seconds ago.

She had a mission now, and as Shade approached, the girl simply looked up and told him, "Just do what they ask, and you'll probably come out in one piece. But, no, honestly, I think we're all screwed."

And with that, the girl stood and unclipped the lone pokeball from her belt, sending out the Cruel Pokemon confined in it. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a prize to win and a life to keep."

And then, Cassie casually walked over to the carcass of man and beast, yanking Alex's body out of the way before turning over the roasted Pidgeot.

"Voila. Breakfast."

Just another day in her life.

Last edited:
Groaning. That’s all that Delilah could hear was groaning. After a few seconds, her eyelids began to part and she could see the misty slit of sky up above. It seemed like the sun had risen and the birds were...silent?

The bee trainer soon realized that the groaning was coming from herself. It wasn’t just some disembodied voice. As her consciousness returned, she sat up quickly and grasped her throat. Her breathing was labored as she stood up and looked around at her surroundings.

“Did...did I wander off into the woods…?” Delilah’s question to herself was quashed as she looked down at what she was wearing. Unfamiliar black clothing. Something else was definitely going on.

Delilah picked up the pokeball at her feet. She could only assume it was Beedrill. The once enthusiastic trainer stared at the pokeball for a minute before her attention was drawn upward by the hologram of a man. He starting talking about something called The Dark Tournament, and something about wild pokemon being more vicious and stronger. Despite how strange and drastic these circumstances seemed, Delilah simply yawned and stretched. Whatever game this was, or whatever trap she was in, she knew for sure that she would come out of this the victor.

“Blah, blah, blah...get to the hard part already,” she mumbled to herself. “He’s acting like this is our first sticky situation Beedr-”

Suddenly, Delilah saw Alex flying up and facing off against the holograph. The guy definitely had spunk, she had to give him that. Regardless of their rivalry she admired his determination. It’d been a long time since she found someone who had the same drive that she had.

In an instant, Alex’s rant was cut short. Delilah stepped back a little in shock at what she saw. Her rival was bleeding...and by the looks of it, he hadn’t survived whatever happened to him. The cry from his Pidgeot tore at her ears, but even that was soon silenced as it was electrocuted and fell helplessly to the ground.

Delilah’s face showed a range of emotion. Shock, horror, a grimace, then a small smile. She shook her head and chuckled. Clenching her fist then relaxing it. Despite what she saw, the majority of her mind managed to block out what obviously happened. She needed a goal, and now was more obvious than ever what her goal was.

“I guess that means we gotta go find him, Beedrill.” She said to her pokeball. “Now that it’s a free-for-all, Lexxy and I can finally battle and prove who’s best!”

After stretching for a moment longer, Delilah listened to the sound of the wild pokemon in the jungle before walking in the direction where she thought Alex might have landed. She wasn’t entirely sure if anyone else she met got kidnapped and trapped in this jungle, but now she knew for a fact that Alex was here somewhere. Being her only lead on where to go, that is where she began traveling.

Efret stared at the sky as the boy was murdered on his pidgeot. One second, he had passed out from what must have been a cookie infused with sleeping gases, the next he was witnessing a murder in the middle of nowhere. He had called out Blaze as soon as he had woke up, and, also having a pokemon capable of flight, immediately told Charizard to stay grounded. If they caught something in the air, they might strike it with lightning. Hence, they now had no advantage of flight over the other trainers, and needed something else to tip things in their favor.

When Efret wasn't eating cookies, he was acing tests. He was pretty smart, and, in a way only a genius can admire another genius, he somewhat admired this Mysterious Man. Well, the Mysterious Man may not know him yet, but the two would maybe get into a heated duel of intellect, or so Efret thought. All the other trainers would all just want to survive, but Efret didn't want to just spend 7 days living on an island. He was not very capable of survival, so, if he had to go out, why not against this Mysterious Man? The hunt was on.

As Floyd ran through the Island Jungle in the direction that he hoped was were Alex fell he tripped on an outstretched root. As he began to fall, forward closing his eyes for the inevitable impact of the ground as gravity once again got it's way. However that was not to be the case as something caught his fall. Whatever substance it was, had a very sticky texture and a very strong grip to his skin with an almost silk like feel. The impact caused Floyd's pokedex to fall to the ground where it lay open and then beeped. ""Spinarak the spider pokemon.The web spun by Spinarak can be considered its second nervous system. It is said that this Pokémon can determine what kind of prey is touching its web just by the tiny vibrations it feels through the web's strands. It lies still in the same pose for days in its web, waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close."" Floyd could hear the sound of chittering coming from two nearby spinarak.