• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Anime Songs and Music

What is your fave song here?

• In This Life - Delta Goodrem - Deltora Quest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do you love anime? Do you love songs? Wait, how about anime songs? I do, in the poll, the beginning says the anime and then the song, e.g. Pokémon-Be a Hero.

Post your favourite anime song here, my favourite anime song is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-Itsuki Koizumi's ver. of Hare Hare Yukai. Here it is:
If it has a parody of it like Barney-Barney Barney Yukai (Parody of Itsuki Koizumi singing Hare Hare Yukai), post that too if you like.
That's pretty much it. :|

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can say straight off that I can't choose a single favourite Anime-related song. Too much thinking. :x I make new favourites with each passing season, so while I do have various long-standing favourites I'll usually get hooked on a few songs at a time and loop them to death until new favourites catch my attention. :'|

At the moment, a few of my favourite Anime songs (off the top of my head) would be these:

Shiawase no Arika by Local Connect - MY love STORY!! ED
One of my most played Anime-related songs at the moment. It's just an incredibly beautiful song.

Hikaru Nara by Goose House - Your Lie in April, 1st OP
I love Goose House's music, and this particular song really stuck with me. Love the translated lyrics, too. ♥

Crossing Field by LiSA - Sword Art Online, 1st OP
Loved it since the first time I heard it. All of the SAO OPs are quite good but Crossing Field still stands above them as my favourite.

This Game by Konomi Suzuki - No Game No Life OP
Brilliant song. Not much more to say beyond that.

Days of Dash by Konomi Suzuki - The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, 1st ED
I absolutely adore this ending theme: song, lyrics and all. Can't help but feel happy when I listen to it.

I'll stop there, but there are many, many more I could post. I love Anime music. XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I have several openings I absolutely love, some of which Katie has already posted (Crossing Field and This Game), so I'll add a few more to this.

Heavenly Blue by Kalafina - Aldnoah.Zero Opening 1
Okay, anything by Kalafina is amazing. I don't really think that's fair.

Connect by ClariS - Puella Magi Madoka Magica Opening
I couldn't find a decent version of it on youtube outside of Osu! Playthroughs since everything was pitched up (probably for copyright purposes), but I just love this song so much.

Secret Base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~ (10 Years After ver.) - Anohana Ending
This makes me cry a lot. That is all.

My Soul, Your Beats! by Lia - Angel Beats Opening
The piano is probably what makes me love this song so much, but Lia also has a great voice ♥

daze by MARiA from Garnidelia - Mekakucity Actors Opening
I'm highly biased for KagePro stuff in general. This shouldn't really be a surprise.

days by Lia - Mekakucity Actors Ending
Again, Lia has a great voice and I'm highly biased for KagePro.

Well, here are my favorites! I listen to these pretty much all day.
Next Chance To Move On - PERSONA 4 THE GOLDEN ANIMATION :
It's a very nice tune to listen to when you're having a rough time. It's sure to bring your mood up or at least calm you down, depending on how you take the song's very laid back tone.
More Than One Heart - PERSONA 3 SPRING OF BIRTH :
This one has more of a whimsical and beautiful tone to it, rather than the one above. It might just open up your core, or strike some sort of cord within your heart. When I listen to this song, it makes me reflect on all the things I've done in my life.
Kawaita Sakebi - YU-GI-OH! :
With this song, I just really like how it sounds. No big description about it. Though, I will say that I used to be a gigantic fan of Yu-Gi-Oh when I was a kid, even if I've never watched Season 0 before(the season this is the opening to.)
Ashita, Boku wa Kimi ni Ai ni Iku - SEKAI ICHI HATSUKOI :
When I first heard this song, I wasn't even aware that it was attached to this anime. I had actually first heard the song on an AMV based around one of my favorite shippings. The lyrics were the cutest, most uplifting things I had ever heard. I would listen to it everyday when I woke up in order to start the day off with a good mood.

Crossing Field: While I admit I don't watch much anime (besides Parasyte and maybe Black Butler), I deeply love the SAO theme. It just feels so great to me. Speaking of Parasyte...

Let Me Hear/Next To You:
Although in the end Next To You is my ultimate favorite, there is no doubt in my mind that I love both of these songs a lot. I love the vocals of Let Me Hear, and I absolutely adore the instrumental of Next To You. They are just great.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just to be original, the two anime songs I've heard recently that I like most are these two:

Guren no Yumiya may be a bland choice for most anime fans since it's the opening to the anime that couldn't possibly be talked about more, that being Attack on Titan. I don't care much for the series itself, but that song's energy is awesome.

Madoka Magica's ending theme, Magia, has a grim and ominous feel to it that says to me "there's no happy ending." I'm not usually a fan of songs that are all doom and gloom but Magia manages to pull it off well enough to make me a fan of the group behind the song, Kalafina.

Honorable mentions:

Toradora's first opening is catchy as hell. That is all.

Rock the Dragon is better than any anime opening both before and since, and will remain such for all eternity.

EDIT: DISHONORABLE MENTION:

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko's opening is physically agonizing to listen to. It is a travesty beyond Hell.

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Might as well add some older animes that I really liked~

Gekidou by Uverworld - D.Gray-Man Opening 4
I'm not exactly sure why I love this song so much; my friends don't seem to like it as much as I do and prefer the first and/or third openings more (and while I admit they're pretty good, I still prefer this one).

Velonica by Aqua Timez - Bleach Opening 9
Trying to find good quality videos of some of these is pretty much impossible :'D I have several openings I love from Bleach but I think Velonica stands out the most for me. Other honorable mentions are D-Technolife (another Uverworld song), Rolling Star (YUI is great just saying), and Alones (Aqua Timez again).

And now for animes I completely forgot to include in my first post (gdi I really love songs)
Deserves it own spoiler because I HAVE TOO MANY FAVORITES
Opening: Zettai Muteki Fallin' Love
Energetic and cute. I can't think of anything else to say.

Insert Song: Just Going Now!!
EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO THIS I GET SUPER PUMPED UP LIKE YEAH I CAN DO ANYTHING

Ending: I Miss You no 3 Meters
From watching the anime, my feels with this song just get stronger and stronger with each episode ;w;

Kinshiro's character song: Never Know
See above. Augh the feels ahhhh ;w;

Kimi ja Nakya Dame Mitai by Masayoshi Ooishi - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun Opening
SUPER CATCHY SONG I FREAKING LOVE IT~

Liar Mask by Rika Mayama - Akame ga Kill Opening 2
The instrumental is absolutely beautiful, especially the bit with the violin, and the bit of opera and whatnot... idk, I just love this opening so much. The first time I heard it I got serious chills and just ahhh ♥

Dream Solister by TRUE - Hibike! Euphonium Opening
Such energy and vibrance, and ALL THOSE BRASS INSTRUMENTS. The scenematic for the anime is also really amazing, I love it~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Trying to find good quality videos of some of these is pretty much impossible :'D

Not the full version but I figure in situations where it's impossible to find such, the TV size is good enough. Besides, I always liked this Bleach OP, too. :3

Speaking of Bleach OPs! :)

After Dark by Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Bleach, OP 7

Before I lost interest in the series this song ended up being my favourite of the Bleach OPs. I still really love OPs 1, 2, and 6, but favourite is 7~

This opening is freaking amazing, the voice, the instruments, everything. Too bad this anime is possible one of the worst reverse harems I've ever watched.
Cramming in all 5 routes in 12 episodes just doesn't work. Also the MC not having a name, ( This anime being based of an otome game is not excuse) being too dumb to live, and totally useless
Ah, memories. This was the song that sold me on Nana Mizuki. Even though I lost interest in Shugo Chara, I still think it has a pretty neat concept. Maybe if characters were a little bit older...

Oh man, there's so much good music, I could go on for ages with this! I won't put up anything already on here, but seriously, Heavenly Blue and Magica are amazing. Speaking of super creepy music...

Main Theme - Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Sometimes, keeping things simple works the best. This is just perfectly creepy and I adore it for that. Lavender Town, eat your heart out. I mean, not that Lavender Town has a heart but anyway...

Gate of Steiner - Steins; Gate
Its a strange mix of creepy and calming music for me, but that just fits the theme of the whole show perfectly - it is in equal parts nightmare fuel, mysterious, and heartwarming. Its opening, Hacking to the Gate, and closing, Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku, are also favourites of mine, but I thought this theme needed some love.

Guns and Roses - Baccano!
This just can't not be on here somewhere. It would be wrong. Baccano's opening is probably my favourite out of everything I've seen, its just so perfect with the music, the animation (which isn't on that video because I wanted to show the full song), and just the show in general.

God Knows - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it, and ever since I cannot stop listening to it! The lead guitar is particularly awesome, and I remember when I heard it sounded like it was genuinely being played live, rather than having all the extra noise removed, and that was a great touch.

Kiri - Ergo Proxy
This is just so calming. I really love Ergo Proxy's opening, even if I eventually grew bored with the show itself. The opening visuals (which again, aren't here because you know, full length and everything) could be played for a creepy or industrial feel, but I'm so glad they went with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Uh. I done goofed. This post was originally by @Rovenz:

Oh man, there's so much good music, I could go on for ages with this! I won't put up anything already on here, but seriously, Heavenly Blue and Magica are amazing. Speaking of super creepy music...

Main Theme - Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Sometimes, keeping things simple works the best. This is just perfectly creepy and I adore it for that. Lavender Town, eat your heart out. I mean, not that Lavender Town has a heart but anyway...

Gate of Steiner - Steins; Gate
Its a strange mix of creepy and calming music for me, but that just fits the theme of the whole show perfectly - it is in equal parts nightmare fuel, mysterious, and heartwarming. Its opening, Hacking to the Gate, and closing, Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku, are also favourites of mine, but I thought this theme needed some love.

Guns and Roses - Baccano!
This just can't not be on here somewhere. It would be wrong. Baccano's opening is probably my favourite out of everything I've seen, its just so perfect with the music, the animation (which isn't on that video because I wanted to show the full song), and just the show in general.

God Knows - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it, and ever since I cannot stop listening to it! The lead guitar is particularly awesome, and I remember when I heard it sounded like it was genuinely being played live, rather than having all the extra noise removed, and that was a great touch.

Kiri - Ergo Proxy
This is just so calming. I really love Ergo Proxy's opening, even if I eventually grew bored with the show itself. The opening visuals (which again, aren't here because you know, full length and everything) could be played for a creepy or industrial feel, but I'm so glad they went with this.
To tell ya the truth, I love God Knows, there is more to that I love.

Motteke, Sailor Fuku! - Lucky Star
To tell ya, I do not have a dirty mind, I love the series on how it is made by the creator of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the Anime AND the song is PERFECT!

Added-on Rule!
This is optional btw.

If you have any recent fave songs, put them on here. I feel like putting In This Life - Delta Goodrem for Deltora Quest, but I'll do it!

In This Life - Delta Goodrem - Deltora Quest
Its a real song, but they had it on, this is one of my favourite anime, I got 4 mangas of it from the library! It is amazing!

Battle Frontier Theme Song
- Pokémon
There is no Pokémon song better than this. I can't stop singing this song EVERYTIME! I got it stuck in on my head now, NEXT!

Bouken Desho Desho? - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I can't stop singing this as well, one of my MOST FAVOURITE animes in the UNIVERSE! I recommend you listen to this if you like Anime.

Added-on Rule!
This is optional btw.

If you have any recent fave songs, put them on here. I feel like putting In This Life - Delta Goodrem for Deltora Quest, but I'll do it!

Its a real song, but they had it on, this is one of my favourite anime, I got 4 mangas of it from the library! It is amazing!

Battle Frontier Theme Song
- Pokémon
There is no Pokémon song better than this. I can't stop singing this song EVERYTIME! I got it stuck in on my head now, NEXT!

Bouken Desho Desho? - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I can't stop singing this as well, one of my MOST FAVOURITE animes in the UNIVERSE! I recommend you listen to this if you like Anime.
Like I said, I do NOT have a dirty mind.

Please, just one more? Well, I will.

Super Driver - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Like I said, just one more. I still love the anime.

Like I also said, a parody or spinoff or something like that, do that,

Super Driver - The Melancholy of 'Pinkie Pie'
Holy explosion! GET ME A COOKIE, NOW! I never believed someone would do this. If you love MLP and if you are a brony, watch this.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Wow. That's a really beautiful song. I've never heard of that series before but I'm genuinely intrigued to check it out now. Learning that this 3rd OP was sung by an Australian singer is really cool, too. I've sadly never heard of her before now. :'|

Since I've already gone to the trouble of digging it up, here's the full version of In This Life:

Speaking of non-Japanese singers doing gorgeous songs for Anime, I really loved the opening song for the Secret World of Arrietty. It's proven to be ridiculously difficult to find the original version of it on Youtube, so I've settled on a live performance version. Finally found a nice quality version of the song on Vimeo!

Arrietty's Song by Cecile Corbel - The Secret World of Arrietty

Now for some more random favourites of mine. Just going down my current Anime playlist and picking out a few.

Yasashisa no Riyuu by Choucho - Hyouka, OP 1
So pretty. So very, very pretty. Has really nice lyrics, too.

Black † White by Nomizu Iori - Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They? OP
Ahhh, this Anime needs a second season. But that aside, I adored this OP and spammed it for ages after first hearing it.

Sora iro Days by Nakagawa Shouko - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OP
This song is awesome. Listen to it. Just do so.

Rise by Origa - Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG OP
This song is sexy, just like GitS SAC itself~
Save your tears
for the day
when our pain is far behind
on your feet
come with me
we are soldiers
stand or die

Save your fears
take your place
save them for the judgement day
fast and free
follow me
time to make the sacrifice
we rise or fall~

More later. 8D
P.S. Props for all the Haruhi-related music. I love it, too! God Knows in particular is an amazing song.:up:

Last edited:
P.S. Props for all the Haruhi-related music. I love it, too! God Knows in particular is an amazing song.:up:
Thanks! I watch the series A LOT! I finished watching the whole series. But if you want to post music, go ahead! I have heaps of anime music, but I will go with my fave that makes me relaxed.

Itsumo no Fuukei - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Like in memory of TMOHS, this was the first music ever put into TMOHS! It is touching and quite sad when you think that The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is over!

Tanzaku no Mukou ni - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2
This is touching as well! I feel like I was about to cry when I heard this music!

Btw if you see the title, it says songs, I might change it to The Anime Songs and Music so it makes sense.

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
So many good ones on here! But the list seems to be missing a few good songs! >:D

Resonance- Soul Eater

Opening of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

Ichirin No Hana- Bleach

The World- Death Note

One Reason- Deadman Wonderland

Ash Like Snow- Gundum 00

Sailor Moon opening English...

...and Japanese Moonlight Densetsu

I know there are more, I just can't think of them off the top of my head. :p

I have more now!

First Kiss - Zero no Tsukaima A.K.A. The Familiar of Zero
I started watching this anime yesterday, its gotten really great for me, I wanna watch it, MUST, WATCH! Its a highly recommended one of the genres of Fantasy/Comedy/Romance. This song just made me feel relaxed, when I was typing this, I was singing it.

Guren no Yumiya - Attack on Titan
The no. 1 anime song on facebook, I would reward it as best opening song ever.

Soramimi Cake - Azumanga Daioh
Umm, amazing song, but funny video, its just CATCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're the One - Zero no Tsukaima
I really love The Familiar of Zero, its just a good anime! Like this if you like the anime. Btw the girl naked? She is actually a dragon, so technically, she is not offending anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Recently I've been working my way through Blood Blockade Battlefront, and from the first episode I've been utterly obsessed with its opening. Whether it be the TV sized or full version, it's a brilliant opening/song and I wanted to share it for anyone who's never heard it before. ^^

「Hello,world!」 by BUMP OF CHICKEN - BBB TV size OP
(because the song works really nicely with the opening animation)

Official music video (full version)

P.S. BBB is great in general, too. ♥

I love The New Pokemon Theme Hero, It's the best one I've heard yet, But my all time fav songs
Are the Digimon Fusion Theme:
And The RWBY Season 2 Theme:

Harumodoki - Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
This is just beautiful. JUST BEAUTIFUL. Don't believe me? Oh well, the door is right there... It's there.

Anyways, this song ALWAYS makes me feel relaxed, peaceful, quiet, and happy. This song brings nostalgia and pictures into my head, and it makes me cry of tears thanks to this song ;_; 10/10 - beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, and calm :)