• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Stalagmites and Stalactites (Subterranean Kalos Adventure!)

(OOC: Sorry, this post got deleted by mistake, my bad, everyone carry on like everything's normal)

NOW EMBERTAIL, TRY AND TACKLE HIM!”, Curt yelled at his partner. Lockjaw adrenaline fuelled sprint was finally beginning to take its toll on him, allowing Embertail to finally overtake him and tackle the tiny alligator to the ground. The two Pokemon struggled on the ground for a brief moment before Curt ran up to them and bind Lockjaw in his arms. Lockjaw was a powerful little Pokemon, but Curt wasn’t lacking in physical strength either, and was able to keep Lockjaw safely in his grasp. Thankfully, Lockjaw calmed down shortly after that.

“Well….I did*pant* need a*pant* good run”, Curt said between breaths. He may have had a decent amount of strength in his arms, but he was never a very fast runner, and while Embertail and Flare weren’t even breathing that hard, Curt was, like his Totodile, worn out. Lockjaw, still in his trainers arm, looked at him and offered a soft growl in apology.

“Don’t worry about it too much buddy, considering how much has happened, I’m impressed you kept your cool as long as you did”, Curt said as he put him down, trying to avoid insulting Lockjaw. His words seemed to ease him a bit, but Lockjaw still appeared to be a little ashamed for freaking out like that,” I just hope you didn’t cause to much trouble for the rest of the gro-oh crap, what happened to everyone else”!?

“It appears we got, separated”, Flare spoke to the group, further back in the caverns while we were chasing Lockjaw. Thankfully, I can sense them, and they appear to have stopped moving for now. We’re only a short walk away from them at this point.”

Curt gave a sigh of relief, “Well, it could be a lot worse, come on guy’s, let’s go meet up with everyone else”. They only walked a few meters before they heard a familiar roar echo all around them, the same roar that set Lockjaw on his panic spree.

“EVERYONE MOVE”, Flare yelled, suddenly panicked, but even as she spoke, the ground directly beneath their feet began to rumble and crack underneath them, they were barily had enough time to jump out of the way. Dirt and debrie were kicked up all around them, momentarly limiting their vision, and they were greeted with what Curt could only compare to as a mix of the noise a saw blade makes when cutting through a pipe and a car crash, the sound of metal meet metal and grinding against each other. They quickly regained their sight, and before them stood what looked like a long, half-buried, snake-like beast made of solid steel, with a great, bulky, terrifying face with deep, menacing, red eyes.

Curt was in utter shock, he may not be an expert on Pokemon habitation of the Kalos region, but he did do some research before entering The Glittering Caverns, there weren’t supposed to be any STEELIX in these caves, just a few…..Onyx. Curt remembered hearing about how Steelix preferred to live deep underground, farther then where most humans and even most Pokemon would go, it would make sense for an Onyx to move farther underground as it neared evolution. But if that was the case, how far underground where they?

Curt had no time to think on this right now. Lockjaw was staying with Curt, still tired from his run, but even with two fire-types, a Steelix would not be an easy opponent to overcome.

“Flare, use Flamethrower, Embertail, try to get on top of it and use Brick-Break while Flare’s got its attention, and try not to get crushed!” The Ninetails began to spray the Iron Snake with small, concentrated bursts of fire to get its attention. With over half of its body still submerged in the earth, the Steelix’s mobility was limited, but the Steelix’s was a resilient pokemon, and while flare was bombarding it with fire, Steelix’s unseen tail was making it’s way towards Flare. The diamond-hard tail burst out of the ground with a speed one wouldn’t have expected from a Pokemon made of metal, and Iron Tail raked across Flares front-right leg, throwing her back a bit.

Though Flare was resistant to Steel attacks, the Iron Tail did enough damage to her leg to avoid putting any weight on it if she could avoid it. But as Steelix prepared another attack, he finally noticed a tiny orange lizard made his way onto the top of his head. He tried to shake Embertail off, but Embertail grabbed onto one of the groves on Steelix’s head at, putting all his strength into on fist, smahed down as hard as he could onto the Iron Snakes head. This sudden burst of pain caused Steelix to give a sudden jerk, finally throwing Embertail off, thankfully, Curt was there to catch him. The Steelix gave one last defiant roar, and slunk back underground.

“Phew, glad that’s over”, Curt said giving out another sigh of relief, “kinda wanted to catch it though, but maybe it’s for the best I didn’t. To be honest, that went way smoother then I expected”. The group started moving again, avoiding the hole the Steelix popped out of, but didn’t make it much farther than last time before another noise meet their ears, this one sounding more like a bulldozer. Embertail let out a light growl and pointed toward the front of the cavern.

“Oh you got to be kidding me…..”

Another Steelix was heading right for them, it’s body filling up most of the caverns and rocketing towards them like a subway train! The group hugged the side of the caverns, narrowly avoiding being pancaked, as they felt the wind caused by the Steelixs tunneling nearly forced them off balance. Seconds after that Steelix passed did the same Steelix as before popped of the ground in front of them, wounds still covering its body. The second Steelix had managed to turn around and came back to face them in the same manner as its partner, both Pokemon had a slimy grin on their face, satisfied that they had boxed their pray in.

“FINE! You guys want to dance!?”, Curt yelled in frustration at the two pokemon as he grabbed a PokeBall from his belt threw it on the ground. From a flashing green light reveled a long, slender blue pokemon with a white belly, a horn on its head, and a large blue orb just under it’s chin. Whips was a Dragonair, the rarest Pokemon in Curt’s party and, until Flare came along, was the most powerful Pokemon on his team. Whips normally didn’t like being called out to battle unless there was a strong opponent to face, but judging by the fierce glare on the dragons face, he found the Steelix an acceptable opponent.

“Let’s dance!”

(I'll post the next part tomorrow provided nobody minds the double post, BTW Jake, there are two Steelixs now. Curts' not so incompetent that he can't handle at least one ^^)

Last edited:
Jake smiled as his ankle popped back in its socket and the pain disappeared
"Thanks Cassie, and you too ryu. I was hoping you were real and I hadnt hit my head too badly. you guys trapped in here to huh?" Jake asked but Lucario who was standing beside his gave his arm a nudge "Oh sorry this is Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Aegislash, Alakazam" gesturing to each Pokemon as they gathered around their trainer "and this" holding up Excalibur ultra ball "is Excalibur, this big guys is the reason we're here in the first place."

“FLARE, KEEP BLASTING IT WITH FLAMETHROWER AND ENERGY BALL, KEEP IT OFF OF LOCKJAW!” WHIPS, LET EMBERTAIL KEEP ITS ATTENTION SO YOU CAN CATCH IT UNAWARE, DON”T JUST BLINDLY CHARGE AT IT!”

Keeping track of two battles and four Pokemon wasn’t easy, as Curt was finding out. Embertail and Whips were busying trying to finish off the weakened Steelix, while Lockjaw and Flare were fighting the one that just joined the fray. Curt’s initial hope was that Embertail and Whips would make quick work of the first Steelix and then move on to assist the other two, but the Steelix was proving very resilient. It just took hit after hit and, no matter how tired it seemed to be, it wouldn’t go down.

Curt didn’t want to use Lockjaw, but he needed someone to cover Flare and he didn’t have a fifth Pokemon, at least, not at the moment. Flare was bombarding the fresh Steelix with attack after attack, while Lockjaw tried showering it with water gun whenever he got an opening, but like most of his party, his specialty was physical attacks, so even with type advantage, their effectiveness was limited. So far they had been doing well, but this new Steelix was quite a bit stronger then the first and finally made its power know when it bashed its head against to roof of the caverns, causing a mighty Rock Slide to shower down on the group. Flare was able to dodge most of the larger rocks, but Lockjaw wasn’t so lucky, as the Steelix scored a direct hit on the tiny alligator, pinning him under the rocks.

“FLARE, KEEP IT’S ATTENTION WHILE I DIG LOCKJAW OUT!”, Curt yelled at the Fire Fox, but the wound to Flares leg was finally catching up to her, as a spike of pain flashed through her leg. This looked bad, Curt knew he probably wouldn’t get Lockjaw unburied in time to escape the Steelix’s wraith, but just when things seemed like they were going to take a turn for the worst, a bright light flashed in front of him. When the light faded a great mass of vines stood in front of him, a mighty Tangrowth(at least that’s what Curt thought it was called)!

“CURT, I’VE GOT YOUR BACK”, Curt heard a voice call from behind him. He turned around and saw that Jacob and his Pokemon had come to his rescue. The Steelix let out a roar of frustration, this meant more work for it, and it was PISSED. Curt heard the noise of paw’s against stone and found Flare standing next to the Tangrowth, the pain in her leg had managed to die down somewhat.

“Flare, let Tangrowth carry the load for this fight, you can cover it with long ranged attacks, but I don’t want you getting close, let it keep Steelix’s attention”, Curt told his partner, nodding towards Atlas.

“You don’t need to tell me twice”, Flare told her human companion, taking a step back, letting Tangrowth take the spot light. Curt looked behind him and saw the first Steelix desperately trying to survive Embertail and Whips combined assault, it wasn't going last much longer.

“Jacob, the other Steelix is weak, Embertail and Whips can handle it, I've got to dig Lockjaw out”, Curt yelled to Jacob, “Flare will try to assist you guys, but the bulk of this is on you two, alright?”

“Watch out for Rock Slide and show it what your made of!”, Curt yelled to his friend.

(OOC: Quickly typed up the next part, all you Jacob)

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, quick request: Could you create a thread for this RP in the PRP Discussion board, and use that for all OOC posts? If you're posting a quick aside in OOC tags, that's fine, but if you're going to have an entire post, it's better to put it in a proper discussion thread so we don't interrupt the RP. Thanks!

Isabella had arrived in the cavern out of breathe from running, she called back her venasuar and help bolt her ampharos out. She came up on the lake and it was beautiful to her, she quickly took out her camera and took a picture of the pokemon light lake. In the corner of her eye she saw another source of light, it was cassie and jake, she also heard a roar echo somewhere close to her location and got frightened.
"H-Hello!" Isbella waved at the girl and boy by the fire, she smiled and began to make her way towards them with bolt.
"Im so glad we found people right bolt." she thought to herself maybe the boy she was looking for was with them and she became excited and began to run quicker getting closer to them.
"We can rest soon bolt do not worry." she looked at the slightly exhausted pokemon and smiled at him.
Isabella had stopped right infront of jake and cassie and leaned in putting her hands on her knees breathing heavily and then leans up holding out her hand.
"Hello! my names isabella. sorry to intrude just we are lost.." isabella thought. "And sorta trapped.."

“Alright,” Jacob shouted back to Curt as he turned back towards the battle. Atlas, his Tangrowth, and taken a wide stance, preparing to fight. The Steelix, having seen Flare line up behind Atlas, rushed towards them both. Jacob nodded as he thought of his move. He needed to be careful; there wasn’t a lot of space in this cavern, and he didn’t want to knock the pokemon into Curt and his. However, he knew Atlas wasn’t strong enough to match the Steelix toe to toe. He made his decision, and gave his order.

“Atlas, use Power Whip!” The Tangrowth nodded, and as the Steelix approached, his arms glowed purple. In one swift move, Atlas swung both his arms to the right, knocking the wild Steelix out of its path and into the right wall of the cave. The hit shook the cavern slightly, and a few more loose rocks dropped from the ceiling. “Now, use Giga Drain!” Atlas’s arms now changed color again, glowing green. They extended, wrapping around the recoiling Steelix. Jacob’s Tangrowth had just begun to drain the wild pokemon’s energy when it began to thrash, breaking free from Atlas’s attack.

Bringing its tail across, the Steelix surprised both Atlas and Jacob, and it hit the grass pokemon before he could react. Atlas tumbled backwards, crashing into Jacob and knocking him down like a bowling pin. Jacob had his breath knocked out of him. This Steelix was not going down easy. He quickly pulled himself out from under his pokemon, and began to shake him.

“Atlas, you have to get up!” Atlas slowly sat up as he began to recover from the attack. But the Steelix wouldn’t give them any time. He began to rush the two of them, and Jacob was worried they wouldn’t have time to respond. It was then that a beam of fire rushed forwards, forcing the wild Steelix to dodge, and avoiding Jacob and Atlas. “Thanks Flare!” Jacob shouted to Curt’s Ninetales who had been backing them up. As Jacob and his pokemon rose to their feet, he began to think of his next move. This was a tougher battle than he thought it would be.

(OOC: I hope it was okay for me to use Flare like that. Let me know if not)

"Join the party, hun." Cassie said with a sigh to Isabella. "We're all trying to find a way out." She eyed the girl's Pokemon quietly, thinking to herself as Jade drifted closer to Izzy's Venosaur and circled around it with a coo.

Just then, an earth shaking blow rumbled the cave, even causing a stalactite to collapse into the lake, surprising Ace. Cassie shot to her feet, along with Nine and Ryu. "Oh, those boys are gonna be the end of us." She mumbled as she pulled out Ace's Pokeball. "Ace, return! Ryu, Nine, Jade, come with me!" She began running, her Pokemon at her heel, but she managed a chance to look back and tell Isabella very quickly, "Watch Jake, he needs rest, don't let him move around, I'll be right back!"

And with that, she vanished into the fork.

'They're this way. With a Steelix hoard.' Ryu took a sharp turn into the darker fork and Cassie kept with his pace, Jade and Nine following. Soon, they came upon the trouble. "Ryu, Power-Up Punch!"

In a split second, Ryu leapt and raised his paw into a fist, colliding it into the second, stronger Steelix that almost had Curt. The sheer force slammed the powerful steel snake Pokemon to the ground, and before it could move again, Cassie barked another order, "Jade, Grass Knot on both Steelix!"

The Roserade gave what seemed to be a battle cry and grew generous amounts of long, thick grass from the ground, knotting it around both Steelix and keeping them firm to the ground. They thrashed violently, roaring and attempting to break their restraints. Cassie turned to Jacob and Curt, "Stand back!"

And finally she turned to Nine. "Light it up with Fire Blast!"

Nine inhaled, and launched a ball of smolder into the space between the two Steelix. It exploded violently, and lit the Grass Knot ablaze, turning the scene before them into a sea of fire that burned the Steelix out of their strength. There wasn't much to drain from them anyway, thanks to Jacob and Curt's combined effort. She just finished it faster.

However, the petite trainer turned to the two men and crossed her arms, as if such a sight was an every day view and twisted her expression into one of displeasure. Even the fires seemed to died quickly. "You almost got yourselves and two others killed. You owe me your lunches."

And she started back to the lake, her Pokemon following like they hadn't just caused massive carnage.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
The young trainers seemed to be weary and irritated, Cassie had made her way back towards the lake.
Curt and Jacob seem to have upset the trainer just a bit.
Curt's pokemon and Jacob's Tangrowth seem to be exhausted as well and it would be best if they head back to the camp as well without making any detours.
fresh turnt dirt had been made from the steelix's fleeing away beaten.
Curt and Jacob should follow cassie back to the lake, where they would meet Isabella and jake,
They would have met sooner if they had not been caught by the Steelixs.
____

Meanwhile..
Sai had fallen down the hole into a room, him and his Electivire have been knocked cold from the impact. In Sai's hand held absol's mega stone he had clinched onto it tightly as he was hurled, spun and twisted around in the water and had by then already lost conscious from the lake of air. A strange finger had walked upon Sai and his Pokemon, It began feeling him up checking if he was at least still breathing. Sai had been dreaming of the moments of great stress for himself, but the small pokes here and there on his body had interrupted his dream, he had slowly woken up. It frightened the figure, it quickly hide from sai as the human slide his body up, ached all over.
Sai rubbed his head and groaned. "A-Ak...Ahh.. T-That was some kind of ride." Sai had looked around and saw his electivire knocked out.
"Ele wake up buddy, are you okay?!" He rushed over to the poor electric Pokemon.
Ele had woke up slowly, He groaned just like his trainer did. Sai let out a relieving sigh and sat back on his hands. Sai felt the cold sliding drips of water cling to his body from his damp cloths, he also realized that his cloths were pretty badly ripped. He stood up and looked at Ele. "Ele take a break." Ele stood up pretty limped over. Sai chucked a pokeball up in the air and out came Infernape.
Infernape: "S-Sai, Ele are you okay?" She asked with a worried face. the fire pokemon walked over to the electric pokemon and held him up to keep him steady.
Sai: "It's okay, can you warm up ele for me with a small flamethrower?"
The Infernape nodded and began to warm up Ele, the Flames light gave Sai a bit of light to look around for his bag so he can get a change of cloths that his Nidoqueen had packed for him before he left on his journey months ago.
The Strange figure watched the boy as he looked around for his bag, which was located right near the figure itself. It waited patiently for the strange boy to find him

___
Back to the Trainers.

Status!

Main Group should be fully meeting each other,
Sai has been found.

Last edited:
Curt called his Pokemon back (except for Embertail) and followed Cassie and Jacob back to their camp in silence. They were hurt, tired, hungry, and little embarrassed at having to be rescued….again. He was amazed at Cassies skill and her Pokemons power, he knew the they softened the Steelix up a bit for her, be even he didn’t expect Cassie’s Pokemon to finish them off so quickly and efficiently.

Curt felt like they couldn’t have gotten to the camp soon enough. They had it set up by a pond, illuminated by numerous Chinchou and Lanturne. With a sigh, Curt laid down a mat he pulled from his backpack and planted himself down by the fire. He reached towards his belt, with a few pops and flashes of blue lights, let out his other three Pokemon so he could address their injuries. Embertail had a few cuts and bruises, but other than that wasn’t worse for wear, Whips was practically unharmed, in fact the moment he was released he just curled himself up near the fire. Knowing Whips, he was probably upset that he was shown up by Cassie’s Pokemon, Whips was a Dragonair who was proud of it power, and didn’t like being belittled.

Lockjaw and Flare got it a bit worse off, the rock slide and done some hefty damage to the alligators hide and he would be sore for a while, and Flare would have to avoid running on her leg for a bit, but other than that she suffered no serious damage. In retrospect, considering all that had happened to them today, the group could have had it A LOT worse. Flare went off to a small corner of the room to contemplate on the battle while Embertail and Lockjaw stayed with him. Curt felt for the Ninetails, she was normally a very competent fighter and, like the rest of the group, probably felt ashamed about needing constant rescue. Curt’s mind was brought back again to how Cassie’s Pokemon handled the Steelix, how effortlessly and cooly she commanded them, how they worked flawlessly together to achieve a common goal. Only Embertail and Whips really worked well together in battles, this was something Curt knew his team had to work on rectifying the moment they got out of the Cavern…amongst helping pay the family mortgage.

Curt was snapped out of his thoughts by a light blue alligator tugging on his shirt.

“What is it”?, Curt asked Lockjaw dryly, after all he had been through today, he didn’t have much energy to deal with one of Lockjaws paranoia’s. Lockjaw pointed his claw to a black-haired man with a Lucario and several other Pokemon who was sitting right next to Curt, and was watching him out of the corner of his eye.

“Oh crap, where they there all this time? I didn’t even see them?”, Curt thought. He remembered Jacob saying on the way back they had a new arrival in the camp, but Curt has been too tired to really pay it much mind. He wasn't even paying attention to his surroundings, he just plopped himself down and began patching up himself and his Pokemon, But it was too late to worry about that, he figured he might as well introduce himself.

Now that he got a better look, he got a glimpse at Jakes other Pokemon. He immediately recognized Charizard and Alakazam, he also recognized Greninja, if only because the Ninja-frogs incredible popularity among other avid Pokemon trainers and collectors made it well known even among far away countries like Kanto and Johto. He had no idea what his last Pokemon was. It appeared to be a large, sentient, floating sword and shield, like it was possessed or something, all Curt knew for sure was that he wanted one.

“Uh, hi”, Curt said to the man,” sorry I didn’t see you there, it’s been a long day, heh….I-I’m Curt, nice to meet you”, he finished offering the man a half-smile. IT took less than a second after Curt had finished before Embertail was in front of him, extending his hand to the stranger.

“Uh, y-yeah, this friendly little Charmander is Embertail, the Totodile hiding behind my back is Lockjaw, and the Dragonair and Ninetails are Whips and Flare respectfully”, Curt said as he introduced his party members,” now, you…are….Jake, right?” Curt wanted to make a good impression on this man, and fought his exhaustion best he could to do that.

“Jacob mentioned you during the walk back to camp, heh, now we have a Jacob and a Jake, I have a feeling that’s going to cause some confusion”, Curt said trying to make light conversation, “And I see you have a Lucario as well, isn’t that crazy, seeing two different trainers with Lucarios in the same day, uh, correct me if I’m wrong, I’m no expert on Sinnoh Pokemon, but aren’t Lucario incredibly rare?”

Last edited:
"Yeah lucario in Sinnott are rare but by lucario isn't from sinnoh its from Almia"(Pokemon ranger shadows of Almia)
"His names scar if you want to say hi, but here is the rest of my team
Drake my charizard
Achilles my aegislash
Neo my alakazam
Red-night my shiny greninja
And this guy the reason I'm in here this guys is called Excalibur" jake said as he released his five main Pokemon and showed Curt Excalibur's pokeball

Isabella kinda sat slightly towards his Pokemon, she was pretty shy but wanted someone to mention her, but she kept to herself. Her Ampharos had laid her head in Isabella's lap, she was petting the electric pokemon's head to soften it to sleep. "You did good girl.." he said softly to the Pokemon.
Ampharos murred sleepily. she looked around at everyones' Pokemon and she was pretty impressed. Their Pokemon seemed so strong, including that fact that both the other girl and two boys can talk to their Pokemon. Isabella was quite jealous by the fact that she could not talk to her Pokemon as well but she shrugged it off and kept thinking about the boy that visited her village and she smiled but leaned down on her hand. Isabella hoped that she would at least see the boy again, she became slightly upset.
Her Venasaur quickly picked up on her emotions and he laughed softly to himself. then nudged Isabella into the group so they would notice her. she blushed and quickly picked herself up and looked both jake, Jacob and curt and cleared her throat. "I'm Isabella, you can call me izzy for short. It's nice to meet you yall." she spoke with a fake confidence, she had hoped she could fool everyone to believe she wasn't a shy girl. she looked over at cassie and sorta took comfort in knowing that there was at least another girl around to keep her nerves together.

"So Isabella was it? Wanna see something cool?" Jake asked he sat there with his still aching but now relocated ankle dipped in the cool lapping waters of the lake

Izzy's eyes peered to the side looking at the guy she had been left with. " Hmm something cool? sure." she said with a soft smile on her face and her light blue eyes same color as then lake when its light up. she let out a light giggle and stared at him. but then looked around at the darkness that surrounded them and she became slightly frightened, she hugged herself and pulled back into the embrace of her venasaur and ampharos.

Cassie reached camp before Jacob or Curt did. She was still damp, muddy, and freezing. Her stomach felt tight from hunger, and her throat was very dry. But their endless escapade through the cave left her too exhausted to do anything about it. Everyone would be gathered by the fire. She didn't want to be gathered with everyone. She didn't trust them, and they didn't care about her. Everyone kept to themselves, so why should she be any different? Ryu intercepted her thoughts, but he didn't dare push her. He could relate to her stress and the pressure she was in at the moment, and he respected her too much to stirr her mind with more things to think about.

Cassie chose a spot further away from the group, nearer to the walls. She thanked Jade for her work and returned the Roserade to her Pokeball. In perfect sync to their trainer, Nine curled against the wall to provide a comfortable cushion for her, wrapping his tails around her for warmth and to dry her up, and Ryu sat beside her, close to Nine's tails but not touching them.

She closed her eyes, trying to drown out the conversation going on among the other trainers near the fire. She thought back on how Jacob rushed to Curt's rescue, how they worked together, how easy Izzy and Jake's conversation was, and she felt even more disconnected. But she was so tired. Oh so drained and pathetic because no matter how hard she tried, she could never be a part of anything. Just a lone piece with nowhere to go. "I'm nothing without you guys." She said silently, a sentence closest to what she could mean as 'I love you' as she touched her Pokemon's Pokeballs, as she leaned her head trustingly against Nine's fur, and as she looked into Ryu's eyes.

The Lucario was choked for words, because so very seldom did his trainer seem so vulnerable and... Open. But Nine replied back gently, 'We love you too.' Fang, Ace, and Aurora leaned affectionately against their Pokeball where her hand touched it, and Jade played a soothing tune with Grass Whistle, sending Cassie quickly to sleep.

Jacob yawned as he relaxed by the water. He noticed that Cassie had remained away from the fire, away from the others. But Jacob didn’t feel the need to go after her. He had just met her, and was unsure if she wanted to be alone, or not. She seemed like she could be sick, but Jacob turned back to the rest of the group. The fire was dying down, but the light from the Chimchou and Lanterns lit the cave, and Jacob and Rover, Jacob’s Honchcrow, enjoyed watching the lights dance in the water.

It seemed like it was night time, but Jacob couldn’t tell; he had been inside the cave for hours, but he didn’t know how many. His stomach growled. He didn’t plan on having to stay in the cave for so long, and the time limit he could was the amount of time he could survive on the one granola bar he had in his pack. He decided there was no better time to eat it. Unwrapping the bar, he gave a small piece to Rover. He’d need to feed his pokemon too; even the ones resting in their pokeballs would need to eat to keep their strength up.

Just then, he felt the ground rumble once more. It was faint, but Rover felt it as well, and gave his trainer a look. Jacob returned the look, nodding and pursuing his lips. Whatever it was that had caused the cave in was on the move again. Jacob turned to the group.

“Sounds like somethings moving again.”

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Sai had found the bag in his search, he looked over he saw a black figure with red eyes staring straight at him. he freaked and jumped back a bit, which caused his Pokemon to go into alert mode, the Pokemon slowly came out of the shadows into the embrace of infernapes light, it was the cubone that sai had be looking for. His caught was color palette was different from regular cubone's, it was a olive green while normal cubones are a brown. he smiled while he pat his shoulder and looked at the cubone.
"I've found you.." sai leaned into the the cubone and picked it up. he held the poor pokemon in the air smiling with glee, the cubone had recognized from what happened over by the village and replied with a joyous plee.
Sai put the pokemon down, and asked it if it was okay and he would need his help to find her group and help lead them out of the cave. Cubone who was a loyal pokemon, had nodded and looked over at infernape and remembered her too. He rushed over to the ape pokemon and wanted to be held by her, She picked him up in her arms hugging him and smiled.
Infernape: "Hello again little cubone."
Sai: "Let's go look for the others."
Sai begun to walk, he thought, it wasn't cold enough for his shirt to be on but he knew it be best if he walked around without it just until he can find a good source of fire, his pokemon slightly weak, he kept Ele and Infernape out because cubone liked to be with infernape and ele for quick protection.
As Cubone, Sai, Ele and Infernape walked, Sai's stomach begun to strike him in pain, He held it, slightly groaned and kept up his pace. Cubone realized sai was hungry, he had jumped down out of infernape's grasp and ran in front of them

"Cubone! Wait up!" Sai was nudged forward and took off running after the little dinosaur pokemon, Infernape and Ele trailed behind him.
As they came to a stop, Sai noticed that cubone was pointing at something but he didn't know what. Cubone urged sai to pick up the item that he was pointing to. Sai bent down and pick up a small berry, When sai realized what he was, he told infernape to come a bit closer, he smiled, it was caved bushed fool of berries and some with vegetables.
Sai took out an extra bag from his own bag and started picking out some, first vegetables, which are strong and can withstand a few blows then he placed the fruits on top, he made sure to grab plenty enough for him his pokemon and the group, he threw a couple of pieces at ele and infernape and handed one to cubone that way they can eat and regain their strength.
Sai had not realized that the group had added on more people and really only grabbed enough for him, curt, jacob and cassie. but sai grabbed a lot it was a giant bag, and he had pots inside his bag to make strew and bread.

Infernape: "Sai you should eat before we start off again." she said with a worried tone.
Sai: "It's okay, ill be okay.. we have to find them quickly."
Sai picked the bag up carrying it on his own back, and they began off again, this time they had noticed a light far off in the cave and decided to head towards it.

They came up on small dugs in the ground, it was long and pretty deep, sai had tripped slightly over the turnt up ground landing on his knees, his pants became dirtied and wet from the ground he sighed. "I dont care anymore." he stood up and started his walk again with his pokemon behind him worried, he came up on a fork in the road and a dimmed light folkowing one side. Sai went down that path, when he got further in, he saw a group of pokemon and people laying in them, he also saw, another smaller group of pokemon away from the group, he walked over quietly, with his pokemon, he noticed it was his group. He didnt see cassie, he looked over at the small group and realized she was curled up on her pokemon, he placed his bag down and told infernape ele and cubone to rest, he dug in his 2 bags some foid for cassie's pokemon and a blanket he slowly walked over to her , not wanting to startle her pokemon which would wake her up.
"Ryu.. its me.. can i put this blanket on cassie, heres food for you guys too.."

Last edited:
(OOC: I am making this post on the assumption Sai has rejoined the group, if he hasn't, just let me know and I'll change it. It's late over here and I may have mis-read somethings.)

Curt murmured in his sleep, he had fallen asleep shortly after Jake had begun talking to that new girl, Izzy she said her name was? He wanted to join in the conversation and introduce himself to her, but he was just so exhausted he couldn’t help but just lay back and go to sleep, even considering how rough and uncomfortable his mat was (still, he had fallen asleep on worse). He was dreaming about fighting a Salamance while wielding an Ageislash like the knights of old when something stirred him from his sleep.

Grumbling, he wiped the sleep from his eyes and cast his gaze around the cave, Embertail and Lockjaw had both fallen asleep as well next to him on his mat, while Whips feel asleep curled up by the fire. Blinking his eyes and taking a second look around, he also noticed that Flare had rejoined the group, taking a spot near Whips, but still had her head perched up. Curt debated in his head on whether to talk to her or go back to sleep, but eventually his conscious won out, and decided to go talk to his partner. Removing himself from the mat (avoiding waking Embertail and Lockjaw), Curt walked over and sat down by Flare.

“Hey, Flare, uh, how’s your leg”, Curt said trying to kick the conversation off.

“Fine”, Flare replied curtly, Curt wasn’t a total idiot, he knew there was something more bothering then just her leg, and he had a feeling he knew just what it was.

“Listen, I’m sorry I screwed up so badly against the Steelix”, Curt began, “I know you guy’s where probably capable of handling those two by yourselves, I guess I just-“

“It wasn’t your fault”, Flare said, suddenly cutting him off,” your right, we should have been able to handle them ourselves, even despite being boxed in, we had every other advantage; type, numbers, resources, I got over confident and let that Steelix’s Iron Tail cripple me”, She finished with a sigh, looking at her bandaged leg.

“Back in that forest, there wasn’t a living creature that could stand against my power, yet here, I had to get saved by a Ninetails a quarter my age”, she continued,” I didn’t realized how much of a big fish in a little pond I was, to think that a Pokemon so young could possess such strength…”

“I-it wasn’t as simple as that”, Curt said, trying to comfort his Pokemon,” Cassies Pokemon knew how to work together flawlessly, her Pokemon knew each others strength and weaknesses and believed in their trainer. You and Lockjaw never worked together before in battle, I mean look at how well Embertail and Whips worked together, they practically had the Steelix out cold before Cassie intervened, we just need to work on our teamwork is all”. This, surprisingly, seemed to make the Ninetails feel a little bit better, she wasn’t smiling, but she did look a bit less…depressed.

“Besides”, Curt continued with a smirk, “I’m sure that Nine over there was eager for a chance to try and impress you, after all, whenever you two are in the same room, he can’t seem to keep himself from staring at you”. This, in turn, caused the golden fur around Flare’s cheeks to turn a shade of red.

“Oh, shut up”, Flare replied simply and sharply. “By the way, Sai came back, and I believe he brought food.” If Flare was trying to change the subject, it worked. Flare looked around and sure enough, there the trainer was, setting just a bit of a distance off from Cassie(who had fallen asleep and somehow got a blanket on her). Curt was glad to see the trainer back with the group, there was something he had been meaning to tell him. Immediately, Curt got up and walked over to the black haired trainer.

“Hey, Sai, glad to see you’re alright”, Curt began while scratching the back of his head, “listen, I’ve been meaning to thank-you for saving me back when the cave flooded. If you and Cassie hadn’t been so quick to react back there, the rest of us probably wouldn’t have gotten out”. Curt sincerely hope his expression for gratitude didn’t come off as lame of awkward to the trainer, thankfully, and idea suddenly hit him.

“I-I see you managed to find some food”, Curt continued, “I have some cooking equipment and ingredients with me, if you wanted me to, I could probably whip up a stew or some sort of stir-fry rather quickly to help feed everyone, if you wanted me too.”

Last edited:

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
The shirtless, dirty trainer looked over at the boy and leaned up after putting a blanket on cassie. He had let a couple pieces of fruit and 4 vegetable pieces by cassie so she can have a quick bite before sai starts up a meal. "I did what I needed to do to keep the team moving." Sai smiled and accepted curt's gratitude. he walked over to his bag and threw curt the same amount as he gave cassie. "Here feed yourself and your pokemon, for now, Don't worry about cooking i got it as well you guys look more exhuasted then me."

Sai had began to set up his utensils to start up the meal. he looked over at his infernape with the cubone still in her arms and at his electivire that had fell asleep close to cassie and her pokemon. he then turned his gaze, towards the group he had noticed that we had added two more members and didn't count for them.

Sai sat by the set up amd decided he'll give his share of food up to feed everyone, that included his pokemon in the group. Sai grabed 4 pales of water, from the lake, two to boil for food, and two to turn into drinkable water. He made it first priory not to wake anyone. He looked at curt.
"Listen.. you're exhuasted im sure, sleep ill fix this up and protect you guys, no worries."

He looked over at the exhuasted shiny cubone and walked over to infernape, he took him from her arms and held the little guy in his arms instead.
"Okay infernape i need two flames please." he smiled at her and watched as his infernape held in her breathe and blew out two little flames under the kettle and the bucket, the flames slowly bouncing off the face of his group members.

Last edited:
Nine was slightly less than happy when Sai appeared and pulled a blanket on his trainer. 'My tails are more than adequate to keep her warm, thank you-' but of course, his words were all for naught, as the blanket went on Cassie anyway. His ears flattened go his head as he glared at the blanket, and considered flicking it off with one of his tails. However, he instead looked over to Ryu, who looked just as uncomfortable.

Aurora complained softly from inside the Pokeball, due to the blanket blocking up their view, and the presence of the said blanket added with that stirred Cassie back awake. She was an extremely light sleeper. Nine knew this extremely well, being that he always accompanied her during her slumbers, even in hotels and even in their home in Anistar. Bleary-eyed, she managed to listen in on Curt's conversation with Flare.

Oh, he had no idea.

The effort and painstaking repetition it took to break into her Pokemon. Yes, break. Dismantling them to their very essence and building them up again, bit by bit. And once they've been built up again, she pushed them, past their limits, seeing if they'll break. And if they do, it was up to her to build them up again. Many people disagreed with this kind of training, but it made her Pokemon stronger, tougher, and turned them into the tools of precision they are now. For that was how her parents raised her. That's was the only way she knew how to train.

Cassie felt guilt on how her Pokemon weren't raised with love. Tough love, at best. But the more she broke he Pokemon down, the more she was broken down in return. So, at the end, they built each other up, and that was where loyalty and a sense of... Respect, and dependency settled in.

Cassie hadn't realized she'd fallen back asleep until she felt Sai drop the food by her side. She snapped awake and sat up, feeling lightheaded right away. "Wha- how- Sai?-" she babbled dizzily. Her vision cleared, and the sweet smell of berries brought her to instinct. "Come out, everyone." Her full team exploded out of their Pokeball and gazed at the food longingly. "Eat up, guys." She rubbed her eyes, sitting up as her team devoured all their rations quickly. They needed their strength more than she did.

"Curt?" She looked over at the blond man as she began walking wobbily towards Sai, who was starting up a stew. "I'm always open for pointers. If you want them."

She then knelt by Sai, looking pale from low blood sugar. "I never got to say thank you either." She smiled weakly. "So thanks."

Jacob was jolted awake by something sharp poking at his face. He reached out, trying to wack whatever it was away, but it continued. Annoyed, he opened his eyes to see Rover, his Honchcrow, pecking softly at his face. Jacob shook his head and turned to sit up. Still half asleep, he noticed the smell of food cooking, and his stomach growled. The granola bar had not done the trick, as he had expected.

“What’s going on, Rover?” Jacob asked quietly. Others were talking, but the crackling of the fire was still drowning them out. The pokemon stepped over to the fire where boiling water cooked something that smelled delicious; Jacob couldn’t tell what. He looked over at Cassie, who had not only woken up, but had released a horde of pokemon, all chowing down on some sort of stew. Jacob reached for his own pokeballs. “Alright guys I think it’s breakfast time.” White flashes revealed all of Jacob’s pokemon: his Empoleon, Minos, his Mismagus, Hyde, his Tangrowth, Atlas, his Mamoswine, Samson, and his Skuntank, Joker. The pokemon all appeared smiling, except for Joker, who Jacob knew would need to eat something before being in a good mood.

“I think we’re next for the food guys, just hold on.” Jacob stood and walked over to Sai, who seemed to be busy making the food, standing over a pot that was suspend over a flame. Jacob rubbed his eyes as he approached.

“Sai, where’d you find food? Any chance I could…. Have some?”

Isabella slowly awakened from all the chatter that was spreading around. she opened one eye, she quickly closed it after a small orange light hit her in face blinding her for a couple of minutes. She slowly sat up and looked over a little further in distance. As her eyes begun to focus, she saw Jacob, Curt and Cassie all huddled around a pot, he noticed that there was an extra arm that poked out from the group, she watched as the hand stirred the pot and she looked over, she had noticed that jake was still asleep and she didn't really like not being included, so she stood up and brushed herself off. she walked her way over towards the crowd and stopped. Her eyes widen, as she saw the boy that helped her small village just a day ago appear before her eyes, a small blush spread from one ear to another across her face as she saw that the boy was shirtless.
she walked up to the group then the boy and quickly bowed.
"Sai! I know you don't know me, but I watched you save my village a day ago and I just wanted to express my gratitude to you!" she paused then said lowly. "B-But I followed you here and got stuck myself.." she slightly became sad because her words made it sound like she had stalked the boy. "T-Thank you so much!" she blushed a lot, she knew since her first time she saw the trainer that she had a big crush on him but, she didn't want to be to obvious about it.

She kept her bow, her stomach had roared at her. she quickly stood up, she held her stomach in her arm, The scent of the vegetables and fruit being mixed into a hefty broth, her mouth watered as she looked over at the pot, that sai had been stirring and she also noticed a cute little unusual colored Pokemon in his arms asleep.

"S-Sai may I also have some of this? If you mind." she felt un placed asking for food from a group that barely knew her, but she didn't want to seem weak plus her Pokemon were probably hungry as well.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Sai smiled as he looked at cassie, even though he over heard her Pokemon slightly talking to each-other he didn't mind, he understood. Sai placed his hand on cassie's cheek and felt her face looking her in the eyes. He then dropped her hand, took a bowl from his bag and took the spoon out of the pot and drained the soup into the bowl and handed it to her. "cassie.. just eat, your welcome, but save your strength." he stood up, he still held the cubone in his arms, He turned his head as a few minutes later jacob had arrived next to him asking for something to eat. he quickly interrupted the boy- "No need to ask, this food is for you guys. also you can thank this little guy, he found me and led me to the food."

Sai held cubone tight against him as he slept. after pouring bowls for both cassie and jacob. a new girl popped up and walked over to sai, he heard her speech and he had remembered the village from this the day before. he nodded and smiled at her even tho his face was a mess he didn't mind. "Don't thank me for anything, you local village trainers did the most." sai was also nice to others, it was his mask, that way no one would suspect him of being cold. his eyes once in a while would just be lifeless, grayed out. as everyone ate up there pot of sai stood up next to his bag that was full of the food rations.

Sai stood there and counted, his heads were full of equations and strategies, If he gives up his ration of the food and take out the rations for his pokemon first. It'll be easier to see how much would be enough for the rest of the team for the rest of our journey. He thought to himself that glitter cave was only 2 floors deep, and if they go back to where cubone found sai they might be able to find the way out. he looks down at the cubone as he wakes up slowly. the little dinosaur pokemon looked up at sai, he then proceeded to sniff the air and jump out of sai's arms.

Sai sighed and looked out at the dimmed lake and his eyes became the slightly gray, he thought to himself if it be better if he stayed behind the group while we travel that way if needed hell sacrifice himself again to make sure they get ahead. but then his other side began to talk again. "Who needs them, your clearly the strongest." sai began to overthink again so his other side began to talk to him. he shook it off and walked out into the lake, he stepped through gracefully through the many chinchous and lanturn, he sured himself he wasn't going to wake up the pokemon. He made it deep enough that the water came up to his stomach, he began to wash himself off.

He looked behind him and the group and their pokemon chowing down on the food her had found, also his infernape acting like a mother to the cubone. sai kept walkin deeper into the lake until his full body was submerged in the water he decided to take a dive deep into the water, they probably wouldn't have noticed that he had went into the lake. he waited for them to decide on what to do. since he was away for most of their trip.

Infernape fed the the cubone some of the fruits he had put aside for them. the small Pokemon was excited around new people and while infernape turned her back he got up and wondered into the group and their pokemon. He walked over towards a group of tails that covered each other he tripped into them and smiled because they were soft. "Cuuubone bone bone" the pokemon's cheeks became red with happiness as he played in curt's ninetales many tails.

“Oh, heh, thanks”, Curt said taking the food Sai had offered him. Though Curt did bring some food of his own, he knew what he brought wouldn’t last him and his Pokemon throughout their little adventure through the caves. Sai seemed like a solemn, efficient man, but Curt had a feeling he was a good person deep down. Curt was just about to accept his offer, until he saw a little Cubone amongst Sai’s group.

It reminded Curt of his own Cubone, a spunky tomboy named Jasper who no doubt was wondering where the heck they were along side Raviel, Curt's Eevee. He was really wishing he brought the two along with them, but he wanted to travel with a small party and, if something happened to them, there would be someone to contact their friends and family, just in case. Curt shook his head and took the food Sai offered. Thanking the man, he headed back towards his Pokemon, when he heard a familiar yawn.

“Oh, you’re up too, eh”, Curt told Embertail with a small smile. The two often woke up after each other, they weren’t sure why, it had been like that as far as either of them could remember,” Jake was kind enough to make us some food, want some”? Curt finished, offering Embertail a bowl and spoon. Embertail gave him a sleepy smile and took the bowl. Curt went back and returned with several more bowls of food for the rest of his team. They were eating, only a few feet away from Sai, when Cassie came over to them.

Curt, I’m always open to pointers if you want them,” she offered, before heading to talk Sai. Curt had to ponder for minute about what she meant, before he realized she was offering to give him double battling advice. He wondered for a second on just how she picked up on this, but came to the conclusion that he didn’t exactly keep his embarrassment on this a secret, Cassie seemed sharp and was probably very capable at reading people.

Flare had woken up Whips and Lockjaw shortly after Curt gave Embertail his food. A few short minutes later and they were enjoying the meal, Curts pokemon talking amongst themselves of battles past, and possible battles to come (Many saw Whips give Fang several feisty looks). Curt, seeing his pokemon fed, decided to go talk to Sai, Cassie, and the others who were enjoying a stew of Sai’s own creation. Curt was impressed that the stew fed so many other people and Pokemon, it was running low by the time Curt was finished getting his own food. They all chatted about what they wanted to do when they got out of the cave, until…

“Uh, Curt, I think you should come ov-“, Flare began.

“Bubo”!

The familiar growls of a Cubone greeted the team’s ears as they saw Sai’s Cubone playing around in Flare’s eight tails.

Come’ere little guy”, Curt said quietly with a small smile, picking the Cubone up. The action was so swift the Cubone didn’t even have time to react, he simply carried the little pokemon over to Sai and handed it to him. Flare indeed value the condition and sanctity of her tails (like every Ninetales), but she was not so petty or short-tempered and to curse a child for merely playing around.

“Here, uh, sorry about, uh, that,” Curt said giving an unsteady apology for some reason, and went back to his group without saying another word.

(OOC: Sorry if this reads a bit, awkwardly. I went to class for 3 hours after I was 90% done with my post, only to find the RP had continued and I had to greatly edit my post)

Last edited:
She was uncomfortable at the way Sai smiled at her. It made her stomach churn over, and she nearly flinched when his hand suddenly found her cheek. She averted her gaze when he locked in on her grey irises, but looked back when he handed her a bowl and a spoon, filling it with the hearty stew he was cooking. The scent alone sent her stomach growling fiercely, and she wolfed down on it without a second thought.

The stew tasted like heaven, and before she knew it, her bowl was empty. She looked around and saw everyone else barely even made it halfway through their stew, which made her a little embarrassed and proud at the same time. She concealed a quiet burp, and poured herself some of the purified water in the other pot to drink. Cassie looked over to her Pokemon and found they had similar expressions on their faces, indicating they'd each had a satisfying meal. They began to crowd over the lake to get a good drink. Well, most of them anyway. Ace and Jade decided to jump right in and enjoy themselves. Aurora rode on Ace's back chittering happily with Jade. Nine was disgruntled by all the splashing and went away as soon as he had enough to drink.

However, everyone suddenly became silent when the Cubone Sai had brought found its way into Flare's tails. Cassie and her team pretty much froze, knowing how sensitive Nine was with his tails, this could be a disaster. Luckily, Flare seemed to be well tempered, and decided not to curse the poor little Pokemon. Curt returned the Cubone to Sai and Cassie let out a sigh of relief.

She looked over at her bag and noted that her Pokemon had completely devoured her ration. But that was fine. She kept Lumoise Galettes and an assortment of berries in her bag in case things ran long. She went over to her spot and opened her bag to confirm just that. By the time she looked up, Sai was in the water as well. Was he always shirtless?

Cassie cocked her eyebrow as Nine huffed and sat in front of her, obscuring her view. "What?" She chuckled, zipping her bag closed. Ryu came up beside her and stood guard as always, his eyes watching the other Pokemon cautiously. Fang let out chortled grunts, as if laughing in amusement at Aurora and Jade's antiques, before he felt a pair of eyes on him. Turning his head, he stared eye-to-eye at Whips. "Gar!" He chirped and came up to Cassie, nudging her excitedly. "Gar, gar!"

His trainer followed his line of sight and noticed Whips. "Fang, you just restored your strength and you want to battle already?"

"Gar!!" He roared, pumped up. Cassie calmly looked over at Curt, who was still eating. "That is an awful, awful idea, Fang. You need to conserve your strength for when it matters." The Garchomp wined like a little child who was denied sweets by his mother. "You'll get your chance, don't worry." She patted his head soothingly.

She then got up and mumbled to Ryu. "Make sure there's still enough stew left for Sai." The Lucario nodded and proceeded to make his way to the pot.

Last edited:
Curt's team had just finished there meal, conversation had picked up again after the, confrontation with the Cubone. Curt was staring at the caverns ceiling, when a loud roar caught his attention. Apparently, Whips had gotten Fangs attention, and now Fang wanted to battle.

"I'm in if Curt is, I suppose," Cassie said as she turned to face Curt. At these word, Whips immediately slid right in front of him with a roar of excitement, there was no question that HE wanted a little sparing match with the Garchomp, especially after Cassies other Pokemon showed there strength against the Steelix.

"Woah, Woah, Whips, slow down, I know you've been hankering for some action lately, but you just got patched up, and were still trapped down here, don;t you think we shou-huh?", Curt said. Embertail was pulling on his pants, pointing to Ryu, "W-what, you want to fight too?" Embertail gave a small growl in conformation, causing Curt to give a little groan.

"What is it with you and fighting Lucarios and Riolus, you do remember what happened the last time you fought one, right", Curt replied to his friend. Embertail merely put his hands together and gave him a look with his big, round eyes that just screamed "Plllleeeeeassseee?". Embertail may not view battles as intense displays of power and a struggle to find out who's stronger, likes Whips did, but Embertail did enjoy the sport of Pokemon battles. Curt did too, but...it just didn't seem like the best time.

Curt let out a sigh, then again, his Pokemon hadn't had a real challenge in a couple weeks, he OWED them this.

"Fine, Embertail, if Ryu wants to fight, we can, but it will only be a sparing match, both of you. Nothing too intense, O.K, we're who -knows-how far from civilization and I want to save my medical supplies, alright", Curt told the two. After getting roars of agreement from both of them, he turned back to Cassie.

"O.K Cassie, how do you want to do this?", he asked her.

Last edited:
Her and her Pokemon's attention turned to Whips as he slithered in front of Curt and roared. Excited and no longer able to keep his trainer's wishes, Fang practically knocked Cassie over as he rushed over face-to-face with the Dragonair, letting out more chortling noises that Garchomps made when they were excited. On her bum and in thought, Cassie considered the battle as Embertail began to excitedly point at Ryu. "Well, this could be interesting."

The Lucario watched Embertail carefully and looked over at Cassi. 'It's your call.' He told her, and she looked at Nine for his thoughts. The Ninetales looked over at her bag. 'We have enough supplies. But be careful not to destabilize the cave infrastructure.'

Ace, Aurora, and Jade cheered happily from the lake, excited to watch a battle. Cassie supposed that since Fang managed to get them to safety last time, he deserved a reward. "Alright then." She got back up and looked at Curt seriously. "We'll have a double battle. Ryu and Fang against Embertail and Whips." She thought carefully. "But the cave is unstable, so we should be careful."

Last edited:
Whips gave a roar of excitement at the prospect of battle with the powerful Garchomp while Embertail gave a silent fist pump. Even Curt was getting a bit excited, it had been too long since they had battled another trainer and their Pokemon.

"Alright guy's, but you heard the lady, keep an eye on the cave, when in doubt, hold back. I'd rather lose a battle then risk you guys getting trapped in another cave in", Curt told the two Pokemon. Embertail let out a growl of confirmation, while Whips just gave a single nod. While they took there places, Curt saw Lockjaw and Flare take a seat just a few yard away from Cassies other Pokemon in order to get a better view. Despite Lockjaws bashfulness and list of phobia's, the little alligator did enjoy battling (so long as it wasn't in front of a crowd). Flare looked eager to watch the fight as well but with a bit of a concerned look on her face, despite only being part of the group for a few months, she knew Whips was could get...excited and get a tad crazy, especially when fighting another Dragon. But still, Whips wasn't an idiot and they trusted him to keep control of himself.

The group took there positions at the other end of the battle "field" and faced their opponents. Both Cassie and Ryu had a calm, focused expression on their faces, like they were in perfect sync with each other and there wasn't a thing that could break their concentration. Fang looked a bit more pumped up and eager to get the battle underway, Curt could tell just by looking in the Sand-Dragons eyes that it was confident, not cocky, and was ready to give its opponent a battle to remember. Curts team knew this was NOT going to be an easy battle, at all, but for some reason that made them all the more excited. Besides, they had a few tricks of their own.

Curt took a deep breath to ready himself, and yelled out, "All right Cassie, ready when you are!"

Last edited:
Cassie gave a nod to Curt, and finally, she got her chance to size up her opponent. Whips and Embertail were the two Pokemon Curt had that knew how to work together. They even managed to nearly take down a Steelix without their trainer's instructions. The glint in both the Charmander and Dragonair's eyes made Cassie's heart pump with adrenaline. They were ready and determined, and despite both Pokemon not being fully evolved yet, she knew she had the lower hand. Firstly, she was at a massive type disadvantage. Secondly, Curt's Pokemon were raised with love, and she could feel that love fuelling his Pokemon's power, the intensity in their eyes, and their desires to prove to their trainer that they were the very best.

However, Cassie didn't lose hope. She knew her Pokemon like the back of her hand and they trusted her to spot a way out. Like she always does. But there was a tinge of worry at the back of her mind, specifically for Fang. Her sand dragon often got so wrapped up in his battles that he forgot about the instructions he was given, and goes off doing his own thing. But she knew Ryu as well, and he was Intelligent enough to be able to work it to their advantage. She and Ryu shared their thoughts telepathically after all.

"Guys, looks like we're bowling! Inverse split! Fang, keep focus and use Dig! Ryu, Extreme Speed!" She exclaimed. Ryu dashed at almost the speed of light the moment Cassie finished her command, and Fang dove into the ground with ease, disappearing from sight. Of course, the extra instructions and seemingly random sentences were codes; battle codes. It was one of the strategies she came up during her journeys and she found them to come in quite handy. The order of her commands and the position of her Pokemon in front of their opponents were also codes.

Ryu dashed with breakneck speed towards Whips, and just as he entered point blank, the Lucario jumped up high and disappeared into the shadows of the cave chamber. His fur was dark. It blended perfectly with the surrounding area. The only giveaway would be his glowing ruby eyes. He loomed above Whips and Embertail, upside down, sticking his foot into the cave ceiling while he held on to one of the many stalactites for support. Meanwhile, Fang was below them, both waiting for Cassie's cue.

Last edited:
Isabella had sat down and ate with her pokemon, while everyone else did something else. She sighed and looked at cassie and curt battling. "Why battle we have to conserve our strength tho.." she said to herself quietly. But it wasn't her so she didn't care, she looked over at her Pokemon eating, her venasaur had chowed down on the big plate sai had made for him. Isabella smiled and looked over at sai who had been took a small bath in the lake, she studied him, how the water dripped off his curly hair and down his face, how it cleaned away the mud. She wished to get to know sai more, she wanted to travel with him when they got out of the cave, but she remembered a few minutes ago, that Sai had gave the most romantic stare into cassie and she quickly became slightly jealous. "..why does she get his attention." she said to herself. "why are all the boys giving her the attention." she became quickly flustered up, but soon cooled down because it's whatever she rather just have sai's. As she was done with her bowl she walked over to the pot and placed her bowl next to the other stack of empty ones. She realized that we still have someone who hasn't eaten. She looked around and thought Jake hasn't awoken yet, then she thought. "Sai.. hasn't eaten ether.." Maybe the young boy has gave up his own food to feed everyone else.

When she wen't to look for sai by the lake, she moved past the two group members battling and she shock her head as she watched them. But when she arrived at the lake she saw that sai wasn't in there. Until she looked down and saw him floating down to the bottom of the lake. "SAI!!" she yelled down at him hoping he's okay or if he heard her he'd come up to the surface so they can talk.

Vensaur looked over after he heard his masters voice. He realized that his master was pretty smitten with this boy, but his face quickly came of disbelief because his master falls for all hot boys and slightly buff guys as well. but he entertained her because they've been together for a long time. and no matter how inlove she is, he knows his master would listen to her Pokemon if they didn't like the boy.

Isabella proceeded to sit in the water with her feet soaking in it and watched the battle between curt and cassie while she waited for sai. She noticed the little cubone sai had been holding walked up on her. she smiled and saw immediately that this cubone was still a baby and picked it up. she held it in her arms and played with him as well.
"Ah. You're so cute."

(OOC: I found the first post I made into this battle to be incredible stupid and confusing, so I literally rewrote the whole thing, sorry for any inconvenience)

Curt blinked in shock at Ryu's speed, even Embertail seemed to be a bit envious of The Aura Pokemons speed. In a flash, the Pokemon disappeared into the Stalagmites above. Curt already knew he was in trouble, Embertails specialty was his speed, agiiity, and reflexes, and Ryu already seemed to have Embertail out matched in all those categories. As for Fang, well, there was no place a Garchomp was more dangerous, then in the ground, and a Garchomp by itself was an extremely powerful Pokemon, even considered legendary by some.

Curt shook his head to clear his mind, he couldn't start thinking like that, he need to act! Getting a grip on himself, a strategy started to form in his head.

"Whips, get in the air and try to flush out Ryu with Aqua Tail, but avoid damaging the cave or going to high, you'll be a sitting duck in the dark"!, Curt yelled at his dragon. Immediately Whips took flight and began lashing out with Aqua Tail at anything that might have been Ryu, but either the Pokemon was expertly dodging Whips attack, or had hidden himself really well, because all Whips was accomplishing so far was getting the Stalagmites and ceiling wet. The Dragonair gave him a quick glare as to say "This isn't working", but continued his hunt for Ryu regardless, launching the occasion Aqua Tail.

"Just keep it up, you'll flush him out eventually, please, trust me!", Curt yelled at Whips, desperately hoping his strategy would work. Whips may not be very fast, but he had incredible strength and great stamina, he knew Whips could handle himself for a while. With Whips being all set on his orders, he turned to his first partner.

"Embertail, I know I'm asking a lot, but our best bet right now it for you to find Fang before he finds you, I doubt he's expecting a Fire Pokemon to know Dig, do you think you can handle it?", Curt asked his companion.

Embertail let out a roar of understanding, before burrowing underground himself. Ever since they were young, Embertail, despite being a Fire type, always had a love of digging. One of their favorite things to do when they were kids were to dig for buried "treasure" at the park, in the woods, or even in their own backyard. Curt knew what he was asking of Embertail, beating a Garchomp to a battle of ground superiority was like challenging a Machoke to an arm wrestling match. He just hoped Fang couldn't hear his trainers orders while underground, and that he was still expecting his targets to be on the surface.

Curt wasn't a fool, he knew Cassies Pokemon were stronger then his, if Curt was going to have any chance of beating her, he would have to use careful strategy, and rely on the bond the three grew between each other over the years.

Last edited:
Jacob burped as he finished his stew. He was sitting several meters away, from the others, watching the battle. Around him sat all his pokemon; his Mamoswine, Samson, had finished eating some time ago. Jacob was certain the pokemon was still hungry, but he wasn’t the type to complain. Joker, Jacob’s Skuntank, on the other hand, had eaten his own and some of the others’ as well, and was still nudging Jacob and grunting for more. Jacob placed his bowl on the ground in front of Joker and stood, rubbing his pokemon’s head as the poison type went to town licking the sides of the bowl.

Minos, Jacob’s Empoleon, sat close to the battle, watching intensely. For whatever reason, ever since he had evolved from a Prinplup, Minos had been extremely interested in battling; he was incredibly competitive. This had led the pokemon to tire himself out on more than one occasion, and, while Jacob was very competitive as well, it often got on his nerves. After all, Minos was practically drooling over Curt and Cassie’s battle. Jacob shook his head.

“Don’t get any ideas, Minos,” he said. “Cassie’s stronger than we are. And besides, our time is better spent trying to find a way out of this cave.” Jacob turned, looking for the others. He couldn’t see Jake or Sai anywhere, but Isabella was over by the water. He entertained the idea of there being a pathway out of the cave under the water, but quickly dispelled the notion. After all, it would be just as dangerous as trying to dig out of the cave, if not more so.

He swung his neck back around, towards the battle once more. For now, he’d just have to wait patiently until everyone was ready to continue their attempts to escape. What a huge waste of time this trip was turning out to be.

'Brilliant!' Cassie thought to herself, a grin pulling at her lips as Curt ordered Whips to strike the ceilings with Aqua Tail. The attack did not only made it harder for Ryu to stay where it was, it would also make it harder for him to move around because everything would be too slick! She appreciated his strategy greatly, but her strategy was working just as well.

The numerous stalactites on the ceiling blocked the water strike before it got to Ryu, and he had to really hunker down to avoid getting knocked right out of the ceiling. However, he wasn't up there just for an attack preparation. It was true that Fang wouldn't be able to hear Cassie all the way underground, which is where Ryu's telepathy also came in handy. Observing from a bird's eye view, he was the medium between Fang and Cassie.

She'd never doubted Curt's bond with his Pokemon. They trusted him as much as her's trusted her. But when Embertail also used Dig, Cassie couldn't help but exclaim gleefully, "That's how you battle!" It'd been a while since she was faced with a strong opponent. Strong in the real way. Fang could feel the Charmander coming right at him, with his sensitive scales. He said this to Ryu, and Ryu told Cassie, 'Embertail is right above Fang.'

She nodded in response and told him back, "Tell him to use Surf as hard as he can... Now!" Ryu moderated this to Fang the moment Cassie finished her sentence, and the Garchomp let out a chortle. It was a unique thing Garchomp had; despite being a ground type, they were able to use Surf; a water type attack.

Fang was extremely excited. The moment an order came for an attack from Ryu, he sapped as much water as he could from the soil, and then the lake, and soon blasted the narrow, yet high pressure water right above him where Embertail was burrowing down TOWARDS him. There was only a thin wall of dirt left between them, and the water blew right past it, blasting towards Embertail at point blank.

Meanwhile, Cassie observed the pattern of Whips' movement carefully. She had to be on time. If the attack missed, Ryu would've given his location away and would need to come down, where, if Fang's attack somehow missed, Embertail could have his way with him. Ryu read his trainer's mind, abd understood the importance of his attack hitting. So he honed in on Whips, and then, "Ryu, fire Dragon Pulse now!"

The Lucario opened his mouth, building a glowing energy of dragon energy. The light gave away his location, but he only fired when he found his mark. The beam of energy blasted violently from Ryu, heading towards Whips with great speed and power.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Sai had swam along the floor of the lake, he barley touched the pokemon that had been sleeping at the bottom. The smooth cold water wrapped itself around his body, slowly as the mud dissolved into the water, his body became clean and he had felt energetic again. Sai kept up his deep lake exposition, he stretched his arm out pretty long, picking up sand as he traveled. He felt a strong force cup his hand and he stopped and looked back. He had picked up what seemed to be two more mega stones. The color pattern had matched one of an Ampharos and the other seemed to be covered in a hard substance that the cold water isn't able to take off. Sai turned his body and began to swim towards the top, as he got mid way through to the top he noticed the lake was deeper then he thought, he noticed there was a cave underneath, but he couldn't hold his breathe any longer. Sai resurfaced and his hair was soaked in water, the curls covered his eyes he reached for surface. At that moment he felt something that was warm and sorta fleshy, but at the same time strong at the end.

Sai moved his hair out of his face for a minute, it started to dry so it came up on its own. He noticed when he looked up he had grabbed the leg of Isabella, the new girl. His face quickly became flustered up and he stood up quickly. "I-I'm sorry.." He didn't know exactly what to say, it was a complete accident on his part and hoped she didn't take it anyway bad mannered. Sai clenched his hand and remembered he had found two stones. "O-Oh i think this would be for your Ampharos.." Sai held his hand out towards her and smiled, he looked at her his eyes were back to their hazel nutt colored.

After Isabella took the stone from him, he walked over to his pokemon, he thought to himself he should take out all of his Pokemon as well. Sai opened his bag, and took out 3 more Pokeballs, One was different from the others one was full white. he held one by one outward to release his pokemon. First Pokeball contained his buddy Eevee, Who after he had been released, shook his furr in a fury and ran over to Sai, he crawled up his body and laid himself in Sai's hair curled up and watched the battle from his head. The 2nd pokeball contained his absol, "SOOOL!!!" the pokemon shouted when it had been released. Sai had walked over to him, and placed a leg band around his leg with the mega stone sai had risked his life to get. "Here you go big guy, this is for you." sai smiled and petted his head, the absol murred in happiness to be petted by his trainer again, it's been a little since they were released to play. Sai then held out the white ball, he smiled with a red flash of light, Appeared was a Shiny Volcarona. The giant fire-bug type pokemon slowly flew down and levitated infront of sai. "Hello girl, I know you've been wanting to get out of that stuffy ball huh?" Sai leaned forward, he hugged his the pokemon tightly, The eevee on his head rubbed his head on the pokemon as well, very glad to see his bestfriend come out of his pokeball."

The Yellow wings of Volcarona light the room up brightly, enough for the whole group to see the cave. the heat from the pokemon also warmed up the place as well. Sai's volcarona has been with him since he first started his travels, he was happy because she grew up very strong and a bit bigger then normal volcarona's.
Sai took out the berries and fed his pokemon, he didn't realize that he might have caused a bit of a commotion while cassie and curt were battling he thought it would be a good idea to let his pokemon out as well.

As Sai took out the berries, he felt a sting on his head, he looked up and saw that the ceiling of the cave shock, everytime curt and cassie would launch an attack. At the momen't sai didn't think much of it, but as the battle continued the ceiling got worst. He didn't know whether or not he should stop them, but he had to do something.

"Guys, I think you should stop the batt-" as sai was about to finish his sentence, the ceiling started to break and stalactites start to fall from the ceiling, the crashed down towards the floor spliting in half and pieces fly all around.

(OOC: I wrote all the Cassie VS Curt parts and posted it right before Sai's bit, I edited it so it lines up with what Sai wrote, but I don't want to delete an hours worth of work, and I like how it came out. So I hope nobody minds if I leave the battle part in)

If there was still any doubt in anybody's mind that Cassie was going to be a tough opponent, it vanished at that very instant. Curt barely had time to scream "Watch out!" as, almost simultaneously, it seem like both the ground and the ceiling exploded at once. Whips wasn't a fast Pokemon, and that attack had come from seemingly nowhere, giving him almost no time to dodge. He took the attack head on and it sent him hurdling straight towards the ground, they didn't even see where Ryu was hiding.

Embertail, to everyone (even Curts) surprise, had a bit more luck then Whips. The Charmander wasn't just fast, he had a knee jerk reaction time as well. Again, Embertail loved digging in soil, and knew something was up when the soil he was digging in suddenly became drier and more crumbly and, wisely decided to fall back. Though he was able to make some distance between him and Fang, the Surf still collided with Embertail, sending him rocketing to the surface.

Curt quickly assessed his Pokemon, despite being the one taking the direct hit, Whips seemed to be less damaged one. Again, what the dragon lacked in speed, it more then made up for in power and endurance. Embertail condition, on the other hand, seemed to be less stellar. They saw the devastating power of a Garchomp first hand, and now understood why they were so valued. Embertail was tough, far tougher then one would expect a regular Charmander to be, but that one attack (which wasn't even a direct hit!) almost brought the poor guy to his knees. Curt briefly considered pulling him out then and there, but a quick growl and the fire in Embertails eye's told him his was not done yet. Besides, if he pulled Embertail now, Whips was defiantly screwed.

Curt told Embertail he was going to trust him, but one more hit like that, and Curt was going to call it, even if Whips didn't get his chance to fight Fang. Speaking of Whips, Curt noticed the Dragonair let out a snort, which Curt took as a sign he wasn't happy.

"What wrong Whips?", Curt asked him, to which Whips responded by giving a quick series of angry roars and pointing to the top of the cave with his tail, as if saying the only progress they made was getting the ceiling sopping wet. Curt responded to the Dragonairs complaints with a small smile.

"Why yes, we did make that ceiling very wet, didn't we?", Curt finished while giving Whips a knowing look. Whips eyes widened as realization hit the Dragonairs face, which was quickly replaced by a twisted grin, NOW he understood. Whips wasn't very good at long ranged attack, so this wasn't a move he used often, but considering the circumstances, it didn't matter. Without missing a beat, Whips neck-orb began to glow a bright blue as his horn began to crackled with electricity. Without even needing Curt to tell him, he shot a mighty Thunderbolt at the ceiling in the cave.

They might not have known where Ryu was, but it didn't matter much now. Whips' Aqua Tail had left the already damp top of the cave Drenched, and as soon as the Thunderbolt hit a stalagmite, the whole ceiling exploded in a bright, yellow light, electricity covered every inch of the ceiling. The lightening briefly forced everyone to shield their eyes, but Curt was certain Ryu was off the ceiling now, unless the Aura Pokemon had a trick up its sleeve...paw, it either jumped to the ground for safety, or was zapped off by the Thunderbolt. Either way, Curt felt confident Ryu was one the ground now, now it was their time to go one the offensive.

"Embertail, hunt down Ryu and hit him with Break Break, or Rock Slide if you can't get close, Whips, now's your chance to fight Fang, the area he's in is already wet, making it harder to move through, so strike him down Aqua Tail and bring him to the surface", Curt instructed his teammates, but before either of them could react, they felt the entire room shake a the ceiling let out a creaking noise. They heard Sai yelling something, but it was blocked out when a Stalagmite fell from the ceiling and nearly impaled Embertail, who jumped back in shock. Curt cursed silently to himself, did the Thunderbolt do this, it should have used the ceiling as a means of expanding it's range, not do any actual damage to it. Whatever, not time to worry about that, they needed to react, FAST. The Ceiling was coming down and one of Cassies Pokemon was underground and the other might be fried to a crisp.

"CHANGE OF PLANS GUY'S, WHIPS, YOU GO HELP FANG, TELL HIM IT'S TIME TO GO! EMBERTAIL, COME WITH ME AND LET'S HELP FIND RYU, THAT THUNDERBOLT MIGHT HAVE PARALYZED HIM! ONCE WERE DONE, WE'LL GRAB THE OTHERS AND MEET UP WHERE SAI IS, LET'S MOVE QUICKLY!", Curt yelled at his Pokemon. Whip immediately responded by going into the whole Fang had dug while Curt and Embertail ran over to the other side of the battlefield, sincerely hoping they could quickly group up quickly before this turned out of hand.

"This was a stupid idea", Curt muttered, berating himself under his breath as they went to find Ryu.

Last edited:
The battle was kicking up, and Cassie loved how the adrenaline coursed through her veins. The same way it did when she battled Sinnoh's Pokemon League. Her heart skipped a beat watching both attacks hit, but she knew there was still a window of opportunity for Curt. The ceiling and ground was wet. She knew where he was going, but Fang was immune to electric type attacks. So once she saw Whips' orb glow, one move flew from her mouth instead of a scream, "QUICK GUARD!"

In an instant, Ryu put his paws up and manifested a barrier around himself. The blinding electricity hit Quick Guard, but Ryu lost his grip. He fell off the ceiling and landed hard on his feet, the impact leaving him quite shaken.

Cassie listened to Curt's trail of orders and processed it in her brain. But her mind froze when the entire cave began to shudder. For a moment, she hope it was just Fang, messing around. But when the Garchomp hastily dug out of the moist, muddy soil and looked at her in alarm, her stomach dropped. However, Curt panicked for her, looking around hastily for her Pokemon. She somehow made it to him, perhaps she ran, walked, or jogged, but her mind was so dazed she barely noticed. Cassie placed her hand on his shoulder and said shakily, "C- Curt! I'll handle this! Focus on your own Pokemon!" She hated the way her voice cracked.

Though her face was white as a sheet, her feet took her sprinting towards where Ryu fell on the other side of the cavern. She inwardly thanked Sai for releasing his Volcarona, because now she knew exactly where her Lucario was, Fang at her heel. A stalactite came crashing down right beside her and she pulled out Ryu's Pokeball. "Return!" Above him, a stalactites shuddered, cracking, and the flash of light caught Ryu the moment the stalactite collapsed.

Like it was second nature, Cassie clipped his Pokeball back on her belt and then pulled out four of her other Pokemon's Pokeballs. "Nine, Ace, Jade, Aurora, return!" Blinding light flashed from the four Pokeball at once and sucked her Pokemon back in, leaving her and Fang. She fought back tears, realizing how irresponsible it was to have a battle at a time like this. She gritted her teeth, clenched her fists, shaking with anger at herself. "No..." In one swift movement, she yanked her glove off her right hand and bit into her palm. Fang, who knew this habit of her's well, roared in concern, knocking debris away from her but also feeling the same amount of guilt. If he hadn't asked for a battle...

Her teeth sank into her flesh and nearly broke the skin. The pain flushed away her emotions, the panic and guilt, and all the other useless worries in her mind. She released, and slipped the glove which hid the raw mark back on. Her keystone shimmered at her, and she sucked in a breath, her mind back to its thinking condition. How can they get out? Was there a way out? Dig won't do any good. Glittering Caves only had two floors. And then her mind clicked.

Sai.

"Sai!!" She yelled hoarsely, taking off in his direction with Fang following. The world was literally falling around them. "Get us out! Get us out the way you came in, now!"

Last edited:
sai had placed his hand on her leg, she shivered and looked at him with a blush so bad she almost screamed, but she hesitated when sai held out his hand. Within his palm was a megastone, the colors of her buddy ampharos, she smiled and took it from him. She thought maybe hes starting to notice her enough now. Before she could thank him sudden burst of stalactites came hurling down and crashed on the floor.

Isabella was scared and quickly ploped up, she ran to her pokemon. "RETURN EVERYONE!" at a quick flash she returned all her pokemon, she paniced and looked around. She saw curt and his pokemon scrabble, then she saw cassie, she looked sick and distrot, she felt even more scared after seeing the the trainer slightly break down and come back again.

Isabella almost hit by another stalactite, became pierced by flying rocks. she winced and held her hand. "O-Oww.." when she saw Cassie runn and yelled at sai to save us. she got up to do the same.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Sai Watched as everyone scrambled around him. The sounds of crashing down rock and violent cracking, seem to had been toned out of his ears. the world seemed to have been moving slowly in his eyes. He was suddenly awakened by the screams of a crying cubone, then the commands of cassie, whose eyes have been filled with pain, something sai hadn't seen in a while, and if he saw them in cassie eyes something was wrong. He finally toned all the way in, he heard cassie's plea for assistance. A stalactite came down right beside sai, but he didn't move an inch, once it was done, sai called back his pokemon, he scoped up cubone, in his arms, and jumped onto volcarona's back. "Let's go.. use extreme speed. round up everyone" Volcarona nodded, in a light of flash, volcarona headed towards cassie, Sai held his arm out, he grabbed her by the shirt and pulled her behind him, he wrapped her arms around his torso, He had volcarona use bug swarm to pull Fang up with cassie. Next was curt and his pokemon. Volcarona, scoped up curt first, his arms wraps around cassie, then curts pokemon, all of them, on his back, Then came Isabella, and jacob.
Sai's eyes had been grayed out, he had been fully constraited, and sorta lifeless.

The volcarona dodged the flying rocks with great grace, we headed towards the fork in the road, and into the other side, the steelix below us began to wale up from noise, they ran in fear. We had past where sai had been found. The cubone in sai's arms was frighten and had started crying, sai tried his best to calm down the shiny new born. Soon they had entered a new area, by the time they had entered the area the stalactites had blocked off the way back, volcarona flew at a steady pace now, it gave everyone time to relax and catch themselves as she flew is down safetly to the floor, lightning the new path for us.

"Everyone down.. "sai said with a stern voice..

Last edited:
One minute, she was running. The next, she was flying. Literally. By a yank at her shirt, she was suddenly atop a Volcarona, Sai quickly wrapping her arms around his torso. And she held on. Her eyes traveled to Fang, who was panicking at the fact that he was ambushed with Bug Swarm and nearly burnt the bugs to a crisp with Flamethrower. Cassie pulled out his Pokeball and returned him before he could.

The Garchomp looked at her sheepishly, guiltily. He gave a low growl and bent his body over as his trainer gave him a hard stare. "This is a lesson for both of us. I hope you'll learn yours." She said coolly, a bit too cold. Fang gave a soft growl and laid down, practically quivering under her gaze. She put his Pokeball away and pressed her forehead against Sai's back subconsciously, cringing at her own foolishness.

The ride was incredibly smooth. She felt as if she were on a magic carpet. The world warped around them and yet, the heavy feeling in her chest remained. Her eyes were stinging, an apology begging to come out her mouth, but who would she apologize to? Cassie's pride was choking her, and she bit into her lower lip, keeping her head down. She could see her Pokemon stare at her in distress from their Pokeballs. And she knew it wasn't the cave they were worried about.

So she closed her eyes.

When they were finally in the clear, Cassie jumped down even before Sai told them to. She distanced herself from the others and exhaled shakily, hugging herself and yet, digging her nails into her arms. "Get a grip, Cassie... It was a mistake..." She murmured, but found herself snapping back. "A mistake. You never make mistakes. Not ones that stupid and childish."

She crouched down for a moment, going into a slight fetal position. "Who are you kidding? You can't find enjoyment in things- they- they cost more than you can ever hope to afford." She muttered once again. "This is what happens..." She hated herself for doing this. For doing this completely undignified act of breaking down. But a stream of hot tears flowed down anyway. "It's my fault!!!" She yelled for all to hear.

Last edited:

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Sai patted his volcarona and stroked her fur. "you did good girl." the volcrona, nuzzled him and Sai held up the pokeball and called the volcarona back into her ball. He over heard cassie, he threw down his back. He knew what he was about to do was wrong, but he felt it had to be done in order for her to listen to him. Sai walked up behind cassie before she could feel his presence, the sheer force of his hand pressed up against her head, he then turned her around and leaned her back against the wall and looked in her eyes, his eyes turned the shade of gray hers did.

"Listen, nothing right now is your fault, stop blaming yourself. You're just a teen, like all of us." He opens his arms pointing at everyone. "You don't need to always hold the weight over your shoulders, your a great trainer, everyone is gonna make a mistake. The battle you were having with curt it gave you life you loved it. Don't take it back, you enjoyed it." sai leaned off her and sighed. : Listen cassie, you've been through a lot.. don't scold your Pokemon and yourself for something you all enjoy." Sai takes cassie's hand and takes a pokeball from her waist and placed it in her hand. "Look here.. your pokemon don't even care about the falling cave, they only care about their trainer, even if you dont say it.. even if you guys don't tell each other, you love them, they love you back. Nine was ready to tear my head off when I put the blanket over you. So for once, let it out." Sai's eyes start to turn back to his hazel nut eyes. "They care about you.. I-I care as well. We all have your back, life isn't about always being top and being the best. It's enjoying the things you got and the people and Pokemon that love you back. I know you and your Pokemon, have been through a lot, but let go it's not your fault.." Sai held her face in his hand wiping away the tears as they fell. He gave her a reassuring smile. "I know the emptiness you feel, the pain you feel.. so let me be the one you trust for the first time." he let go of her face and took her hand and made it wrap around her pokeball.

Last edited: