• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Spirits

Do you believe in ghosts and spirits?

• They appear before me all the time.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Yes, but I have never seen one.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • The voices in my head say maybe.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Yes. No. Maybe.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Nope. Well... maybe.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Not really.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No way!!!

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
I shall not vote, to let people voice their opinions to me. At every 100 votes, I'll record the data, so I can think of what kind of Forum RPG I want to make.

While they may frighten me, over the years I've found it harder and harder to believe they exist, as literally entities, at least. While it is possible to leave such a lasting impression on people that your memory remains long after you die, continuing to exist as some energy being just doesn't hold water. Well, I suppose what I really don't buy is "Life Force" that keeps someone alive for years, especially "Life Force" that can be transferred to another body to extend its lifespan. What keeps you alive is your body's ability to derive energy food, water, and air. Go without any one of those and your life is cut tragically short. All the energy you get from those things is put into keeping your body running, and once you're completely out of fuel it stops running. Any fuel your not using is converted into physical matter, like fat. And its not even literal energy, like electricity or light. It's all chemicals. Energy doesn't leave the body as energy, it leaves as some sort of material object, and when you die the "energy" you had becomes available for some other creature to process.

But still, there are things beyond our understanding, and events that defy explanation. I mean, what is consciouness? Why are we aware of things? Is that simply a chemical reaction? And why is it that my awareness is here, and not other there?

Gah! I hate thinking about that. It frightens me. Makes me think my brain's just going to switch off or something. Bleh...

ghosts are real, have you ever seen something in the corner of your eye. well i've heard that the corner of your eye is more powerful and you and you can see more :o

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I doubt ghosts and spirits are real. I need real proof that they exist. A picture won't be proof, I need REAL proof.

And as for superstitions: For you very superstitios peoples, Bloody Mary does NOT live in a mirror. Trust me, it's all talk. And no beings that I've never seen are trying to harm me in any way. But there is one type of spirit that I believe exists, but I'm not saying which, just for the sake of religion.

how do you get real proof. like a ghost is going to just appear for you :).

You'd be surprised how often that happens.

I have never seen a ghost, although I think that there is a logical explanation for wh they exist, its just hasn't been done yet. Ghosts are out there, ther are just too many coincidences for them not to, and although I doubt I'll ever see one, I'll remain a believer.

The only thing I fear about ghosts is the surprise of seeing one. Actually, I'd very much like to have a conversation with one.

Ive never seen one but i've heard quite a few stories. I believe dogs have the ability to see them I think my dog sees them especially since we live near a river in wich live are lost every now and then. I also believe cold tempeture can signify the presense of a spirit. Us hispanics have a well known legend called "la llorona". Its the spirit of a women crying over the lost of her children.

*Shudders* Ugh, I've heard nasty storys about La Llorona. I don't remember exactly what I heard, but it was very creepy. Dunno if they're true or not, though.

I also believe cold tempeture can signify the presense of a spirit.

Or a Fan is blowing on you. xD

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Considering many of my characters are... sort of... ghosts, I kind of believe in them (as my characters are very important to me. Which is why I keep drawing them. >>"). Not in the form that everyone else seems to think of them as being, but meh, I'm just weird, I guess. ^^

The only thing I fear about ghosts is the surprise of seeing one. Actually, I'd very much like to have a conversation with one.

I would too. But, people make up stuff just to give people adrenaline (sp?) rushes. If there are spirits, they would be quite insulted by what they say about them. :-\ I do believe in spirits, I am, what I call, a Superstologist. That would be someone who believes and studies paranormal activities, like UFOs, Dragons, or in this case, spirits.

One particularly scary Ghost Story is the Ammityville Horror. Woah. I got the sudden urge to look back after typing "those words." I have also seen The Haunting on Discovery and Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi. That stuff is cool, and I doubt so many people would lie about Supernatural phenomena.

In short, yeah, I believe. [size=5pt]I can fly... *giggle*[/size]

AL has Spoken!

My dad once told me he could sometimes see auras, and that my mom's lights up when she laughs. For a while, I wondered if I was seeing my teachers' auras, but then a realized I was just seeing an after-image from moving my eyes a little.

My mom says that instead of having imaginary friends when I was little, I'd see ghosts. I'd stare at the walls or ceiling for long periods of time and occasionally point and laugh. I don't remember that at all, although patterns do begin to stand out when I look at tiles or a plaster ceiling or a chain-link fence.

You bet I believe in ghosts! I have one. more specifically, a Rotom.

It all started one day, I was using my laptop. I go upstairs for some food, come back down, and find the file "Spooky_Laugh" opened. Freaks me out, thus I shut the laptop down. I turn it back on, and the entire thing doesn't work. It still doesn't now...
Due to the laptop breaking, I use the old crappy computer in another room (the one I'm typing this post with, btw). And out of nowhere, the printer turns itself on, and trys to print something! Thank God it had no ink, or paper.
Not as long as the others, but still as freaky. I left, my brother too, a room, my DS with it's volume on full, his all the way off. Come back down, the volumes are switched!
My cell phone had an alarm awhile ago to alert me of Pokemon. One night, at a friend's home, it goes off, but I deleted it! And at 12:45, oh joy.
And minor other electronic annoyances. But nothing major. Now it's targeting my mother, as she doesn't believe in it, so I assume it wants to prove its existance. Like a cell phone will go off, and she's certain one did, but they're aren't any. And her computer at her job is being a shit all of a sudden.

Yes, I believe in Ghosts.

Programs on the TV, you watch, and you sometimes wonder, "Was this all done by the camera crew to make people watch the show?" But would they really do that? I believe in Ghosts, because my mother and her mother have BOTH seen ghosts, and I have also.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm a dreamer at heart and believe there is much more to life than we can ever hope to comprehend... so spirits existing? Yeah, why not?

I think a lot of the odd stuff that happens in reality is coincidence, but sometimes you just have to wonder about certain events... Events surrounding prayer, or 'visions' people have claimed to have of spirits and similar entities - some warnings of death, and some just random happenings. It's hard to know if some of the ghost stories I've heard are real or mass hysteria, but I think it's a possibility. Even if they're not real, it's not hurting me keeping an open mind.

I belive,although I've never seen one.Although when I go into cemetaries I do hear voices.And also,I think a Rotom is messing me up right now,though it might be that stupid-tupid Shuppet that annoys me sometimes.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Then do say something, like your opinion, instead of spam. Warned.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I thoroughly believe in spirits and ghosts. I have seen them out of the corners of my eyes. Mostly they appear to me as shadows, but sometimes I can see color as well. I can sometimes sense when they're around. I am not afraid of them, though sometimes when it's dark out I do get spooked.

I lived with three at one time. Two males and one female. I could feel them in the house, but only in the bedroom. I woke up one morning after one of them ran into my room. I could feel their presence, but when I looked up, there was no one there. Ever since, I've been encountering them. It seems like a regular occurence now days. But I also feel a connection to some of them. And some of them have shown themselves to me. So yeah, I believe in ghosts.

Yes. I highly believe in ghosts. It started a couple weeks after my dog, Brandy, died. I saw her, and then I started seeing ghosts at random times. I'm not scared. I think it's pretty cool.