• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Slateport Tournament (open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Oops, my mistake)

Odin didn't expect the greninja to be a problem but was proven wrong, at the very last moment he teleported again, barely getting scratched by the attack before teleporting.
He appeared at the far end of the field, "Odin use dazzling gleam again!", he did not launch the beam once, not twice, but three times, he was confident of his victory, he was nick's strongest pokemon and his wisest.

Keva rushed into the tournament as he put his hair into its ponytail. "Damnit I overslept again!" His green eyes were drooping slightly as he got to the waiting room. "Whew! I barely made it! I gotta let Detsu know!"

(Dude i said no double moves so you go and use a move three times I'll let this go but night slash has to hit properly or I'm calling god mod)

Crimson use surf to block the attack then use night slash yelled jake as greninja sent a huge wave toward the incoming attack, the two attacks collided sending dust billowing across the stadium, visibility became zero as greninja jumped from rock to rock his hands glowing with dark energy, then he suddenly appeared behind Odin and raised his arms ready to slash at the psychic types exposed back

Odin was struck, even for his strength he took quite the damage, Odin could easily have dogged the attack but it has been decades since he fought a worthy opponent that he had almost forgot how it feels like to take damage, he enjoyed it and wanted more.
Odin quickly teleported away, he had two choices, end the battle now and challenge the lucario or stay in for the long run, option to was his choice, "ill stay in for the long run" nick heard in his head, with confidence he shouted "odin use recover then use confuse ray!" Odin was engulfed with white light and soon was healed, he then shot a purple beam that flew in a drunk fashion towards crimson

Crimson knew how to respond to confuse ray using night slash to cut each confuse ray ball in half before using dark pulse to blasting the entire field with dark energy there was nowhere to hide from the attack
"Crimson keep the pressure on him, he has no chance to beat us if we play our cards right

Nick knew there was no hiding from a dark pulse so he shouted "odin! Protect!", odin instantly summoned 4 forcefields that formed a square around him, leaving the top open, the mass of dark energy crashed against the wall but getting nowhere near cracking it.

"Crimson it's time the stage is set and the big reveal has finally arrived!" Yelled jake as he returned his greninja to its pokeball "The time has come I now call on the power of those demon tamer's who have called before me! Release your dark powers go EXCALIBUR! Shaman form" jake closed his eyes as monochrome aura washed over him he threw the steel plated pokeball high into the sky and a single dark red tendril emerged from the ball it quickly took the shape of a medium sized Pokemon steel plates rippled down its back and formed a hood over the pokemons head the small creature raised its head slightly and from the darkness flew two red eyes followed by a monsterous roar which sounded like six greater beasts all calling out at once
"Excalibur use leech seed then use toxic" the demon Pokemon raised its arms and out shot seed after seed before the Pokemon stopped crossed its arms and sent out an ominous wave of thick poison energy

Nick was shocked by what has emerged out of the pokeball, nick has never seen such a poke Mon but he had faith in odin, odin was one of the oldest and wisest pokemons on earth, he shouted "odin use plan 666!".
Odin was shocked, not by the unknown pokemon but by the order of his trainer, plan 666 also known as "the devil's trick" was a new strategy that they made a week ago and was still under testing, odin took a deep breath and stood there, suddenly in a blink of an eye odin teleported behind the pokemon known as excalibur, his eyes flashed blue, a flash any skilled trainer would identify as the move forsight, odin then shot of a focus blast.

"PnD!" Yelle jake a simple code he had devised for the demon Pokemon to perform in a jam
The attack stopped suddenly in mid air before bouncing harmlessly away from Excalibur the Pokemon spun around and raised its arms as blue energy flew from it encapsulating the two Pokemon before the energy disappeared and the two stood face to face both totally unharmed
"Nick you my notice that a certain move will now stop working and that move is dazzling gleam you see PnD stands for Protect and Disable and thats exactly what just happen" jake laughed

Keva looked up at the screen. He was in deep concentration until he felt his pokeball move. His Sceptile Blade had a look of determination. Keva smiled "Don't worry! We got this! I hope.."

nick started to laugh too, his plan was working, "got to say jake, you are good but I believe its time for plan 666 to enter phase 2!" shouted nick, odin gave jake a wide smile and said telepathically "strap in because this just got serious!", odin's body started to glow pink as a sign that calm mind has been used, he then teleports into the sky and levitates there, "now odin I think its time to bring down the heavenly spears of war!" odin nodded and created a ring of blue energy orbs around him, at a random order each orb launched a focus blast at Excalibur, destroying the already uneven field more and more

(Hate to break it to you but you can't use calm mind or focus blast you already have used four different moves, dazzling gleam, teleport, protect and future sight so I'm going to ignore that entire move
Also hate to point out this isnt the first time you have done stuff like this, the forsight issue really should have stay as forsight and now your using 6 different moves its really not fair on me dude so please stop if anything like this happens again I'll have to report it

"Excalibur wraith mode go!" Yelled jake as the Pokemon changed its form becoming part ghost "Now use failsafe technique 2" Excalibur's shield suddenly grew one eye which gave Odin a menacing look (mean look) and followed it which destiny bond as energy wrapped itself around the two Pokemon

Curt, Embertail, and Jasper all watched with wide eye's as the battle before them unfolded. Nick had a Mega Pokemon at his disposal as well, a Mega Alakazam to be specific, and needless to say, the clash of the two titans shook the very stadium and sent debris flying everywhere as they destroyed the field around them. Thankfully, the regulator's of the tournament had several psychic Pokemon in place to throw up powerful barrier's to prevent member's of the audience from getting struck by flying debris or a stray attack. Still, one had to wounder if this place was equipped well enough to defend the spectator's against not just one, but two Mega Evolved Pokemon, indeed, either one could probably shatter the barrier that shielded the audience if they wanted to.

Several spectator's already began to leave, mostly families who had brought their children to watch, not expecting this lesser-known tournament to reach such cataclysmic levels of battle. Still, others stayed, remaining glued to their seat, especially the trainers, aspiring or otherwise, who had initially came here to be mildly entertained by mediocre battles, but instead ended up watching a battle that rivaled those seen at the Pokemon league finals. If Curt could be sure of one thing, it was this; his final match was going to be hell on him and his team to beat. For a while now, Curt could feel several of the Pokeballs on his belt wiggling in anticipation and with a burning desire to see the fight in full view without having to look through a Pokeball. But there was one Pokemon in particular Curt desperately didn't want coming out yet.

"Whips, please, I know you want to watch this unrestricted, but I need to keep you a secret for now", Curt whispered to his Dragonite's Pokeball, the dragon glaring at him through it, "by some miracle I've been able to avoid using you for this tournament, no one knows about you except Jacob, and we're going to need that element of surprise to catch these guy's off guard"! Curt was almost begging Whips to not burst out now, initially he had planned to surprise the audience by calling Whips out in the final round, "no one is going to expect a Pokemon as rare and powerful as a Dragonite at this tournament, Whips alone will give me a huge advantage", Curt thought when he entered the tournament. Now he realized that Whips was the only chance he had to counter those Mega Evolved Pokemon, and even then, the rest of their teams seemed like very capable individuals. Indeed, Curt was going to have to spend the night coming up with every possible strategy to defeat his opponent's teams.

Though Whips wasn't found of the idea of using secrecy to gain an advantage on an opponent, he defiantly realized the seriousness of the situation and how much work Curt had put in to saving Whips for the final round. It took Curt a while, but he seemed to finally realize that Whips wasn't a Pokemon to throw out for any minor nuisance, or to put a cocky asshole in his place, he had to respect that a little.

"Thanks Whips", Curt said as the Dragonite gave Curt a small nod inside the Pokeball and turned back to watch the fight from with in it. However, there was another Pokemon with Curt that wanted to see that battle up close, and unlike Whips, everyone who was participating here had seen him. A wiggle, snap, and flash of light later, and Raviel was sitting in an open seat near the rest of the team, the person sitting there having recently left the stadium.

"Well, I guess you have no reason to stay hidden,", Curt said to the Jolteon as he turned to watch the battle. Jake had thrown out another Pokemon they had never seen before, one he called, Excaliber. Apparently it could change forms at will that altered its type and move set, similar to an Aegislash or a Rotom (both of which were very rare Pokemon). Curt had to wonder what region it came from, maybe if was from that far off one that was starting to get a lot of news attention a lot of trainers travelling to it, the one with a lot of culture revolving around the Sun and Moon? Curt decided that was a question for another time, now, he just needed to observe the fight and get as much info about his opponents as he could.

Last edited:
It was getting very stressful for nick, especially with excalibur changing forms but odin was not worried, in fact he was excited, "odin you remember your training session with ymir?"
"Of course I do! You want to do that?", nick replied with a nod, soon odin started to glow, flames started to devour his fist as he dashed, amber flames racing towards his opponent who just used destiny bond, odin has never lost a battle before and would never count destiny bond, those count as ties to him.
Just as he was about to strike excalibur he teleported, a counter to any possible counter attacks

1 minute....2 minutes. .....3 minutes....4 minutes passed without a sign of odin, suddenly he came crashing down like a meteor from above, an explosion of flame occurred, but the question is did it hit his opponent? Nick was having trouble seeing the field with all the flame, he was hoping he had hit the target, "come on! Odin I know you can do it"

The attack hit Excalibur wraith forms shield, flames danced around the Pokemon's large shield and scorched its body which dropped suddenly and rose again taller and more human like
"Nick meet Excalibur paladin form" Jake smiled as he knew what Excalibur was planning
Flames still danced around Excalibur's body before the flames suddenly began to float off the majority of the Pokemon's body and began to converge on his fist which had formed purple flaming spikes caused from the Pokemon using shadow punch along with fire punch.
Suddenly the Pokemon jumped high into the air and punched wildly at Odins body

Last edited:
Odin used protect, though it blocked the attack perfectly there where obvious cracks in the forcefield, odin thought fast and connected to nick telepathically, "I suggest we strike strong" nick nodded and called out "odin use psybeam", odin charged up a psychic beam and shot, suddenly his eyes flashed blue, signalling that future sight has struck

Excalibur dropped suddenly changing forms and didn't even flinch as the attack passed through it easily
"Ha nice try but no deal, Excalibur use healing wish" Jake smiled as his plan finally came together, a light flew from Excalibur's chest to the two poke balls on jakes belt suddenly Excalibur's health began to drop then future sight began to fall and the Pokemon was struck in the back of the head slamming it to the ground fainted, destiny bond quickly took effect as tendrils of dark energy burst from the ground and rushed toward Odin
Jake bowed " and that's Jenga!" As the tendrils surrounded Odin almost encasing him in pure dark energy

Last edited:
Nick was disappointed that destiny bond took odin down but was satisfied with the defeat of excalibur, "odin you did good! Now come back!", the fainted alakazam was retrieved and nick shouted "go tyr!" As he sent out the lucario, coincidentally landing next to his now smashed metal arm that fell off few hours ago

Curt ran down the stadiums stairs, food in hand of him and his team, he wanted to hurry to see how the match was developing, but still had to force himself to be careful so he wouldn't trip and spill all the food he just bought. He was just glad the the concession stand employee didn't leave due to the massive amount of power emitted by the battle, though her tired and worn expression brought up uncomfortable memories of not-too-long ago. It also worried him a bit that she mumbled something along the lines of "Hey, at least if something kills me here then that means I won't have to come in to work tomorrow"....the tone of her voice didn't really sound like she was joking around. Either way, he got their food and it seemed well put together, call it the snooty, failure chef in him, but "cooked" didn't seem like the right word for this kinda sustenance.

"Alright guy's, I got our food, Soda Pop for Embertail, Mango Smoothie for Jasper, and an extra large basket of fries for us to split", Curt said as he handed out the food to the respective Pokemon, "and lastly an order of Nachos for Ravi-....Raviel, why are you in my seat?"Curt gave the Jolteon who had taken his seat next to Jacob a half glare and a grunt, clearly this wasn't the only time he had done something like this. Raviel, who was talking to Dexter at the time, broke of his conversation and gave Curt a bemused, almost taunting look.

"Reah Regh, renknah rehgough", the Jolteon replied in his Pokemon tongue, still, Curt got the message.

"You can talk to Dexter later Raviel, now get out of my seat", Curt said firmly at the Lightning Pokemon. True, Curt was making an unnecessarily big deal over a stupid seat, but to him, it was the principle of the matter. You just don't steal a mans seat, especially when he goes out of his way to buy your ass food! Raviel however,clearly didn't agree, or didn't care about proper game time etiquette.

"Rehanan reh "ppppthhhhbbttt", Raviel said, finishing his words off with particularly loud and wet raspberry. Curt didn't yell or scream, instead, he mearly dipped a finger in the Nacho Cheese, tasted it to make sure it wasn't screaming hot, then dumped the entire plate of Nachos on Raviels head. Embertail and Japser immediately started cracking up.

Raviel, to his credit, had the decency to look almost slightly shocked, even embarrassed for a second, before he began licking of the cheese drooping down his head with his long tongue. He then swatted the plate off, flipped it right side up, scooped as many Nacho's as he could on the thing, and began eating as though the cheesy chips where never on his head. Curt let out a brief sigh before taking an empty seat next to Jasper, he caught Jacob's eye and it dawned on him that he and Dexter saw the whole thing.

"Uhhh, I swear, my Pokemon respect me", Curt said to Jacob over the sloppy sounds of Raviels dinning on his former seat, "soooo, anyone wanna fill me in on what I missed?"

"(Well, basically, that Exaliber Pokemon was able to mutually take down Odin down with Destiny Bond, which looked freaking cool, and now it's Tyr vs Scar...and you know, I guess you could say that this fight went....) TO THE DOGS!!!", Embertail cried and gave a large smile at his own bad pun. Jasper groaned, Curt slapped his own head, and Raviel mumbled something about zapping Embertail later.

"Yeah well, still this is interesting, I'd say Jake currently has the upper hand, due to still having his Mega Pokemon...but I wouldn't count Nick out just yet, he may have a trick up his sleeve", Curt said, attempting to analyze the battle.

"Ok tyr use aura sphere and follow up with bone rush!" Ordered nick as tyr charged up an aura sphere, it was a lot harder to do with one hand but non the less he managed it, he ran towards scar and jumped, if something was harder to do than create an aura sphere with one hand it was launching it, after launching it tyr created a big bone out of aura and striked in a way that looked like he wanted to slam it on scar's head

"Scar, divide and conquer!" Yelled jake as the lucario summoned a bone rush of its own to slice the incoming aura sphere clear in two, before running at Tyr and using force palm to block the incoming bone rush (taking damage but dealing it too)
"Now blaze kick!" Jake yelled as scar stood barely 2 feet from Tyr its legs flaming as scar kicked out wildly aimed at the lucario's chest

"Tyr use bulk up!" Nick ordered as scar approached, Tyr didn't have much of a chance to react and was knocked down by the blaze kick, but managed to get up, Tyr used bulk up as his body started to glow pure white.
"Now use drain punch!" Nick knew that in a match like this the only way to even it out was by draining the mega evolved pokemon's health.

"scar retreat" yelled jake making sure there was now good distance between the two Pokemon "I think that one good turn deserves another, use bulk up then our own drain punch" Scar ran forward and used its own punch to block Tyr's drain punch basically cancelling out both moves but still sending billows of dust everywhere
"Now use blaze kick again!" Scar once gain rapidly struck out at Tyr before retreating agin to a reasonable distance

"Damn, I'm really starting to become glad that I saved Whips for the final round, that Mega Lucario is...unbelievable ", Curt said as he took in Scar's incredible strength, Nick and Tyr seemed to be doing all they could to hold on. It almost seemed unfair, but then again, that is the power of a Mega-Pokemon after all, Jake pulled a clever trick by Destiny Bonding Odin and taking out the major threat, basically turning into an uphill battle for Nick and his Team. Curt made a mental note to try and find some sort of strategy against that.

Embertail just stared at the field with his mouth wide open, aside from the occasional nervous chuckle, he was utterly stunned by the display taking place in the arena. Jasper had her eye's locked on the battle, her normal screaming and cheering had been cased aside in the intensity of the battle! Even Raviel found his attention taken away from his talk with Dexter, the battle that was unfolding had taken his full attention.

"....so, Jacob, don't suppose you have any advice"?, Curt asked his friend.

Rikan blinked rapidly, analyzing the battle. He grinned. "This looks like it will be fun, I'll keep watching." He watched the Fire type as it stared around the battlefield. "Don't Give Up! Keep Pushing onwards!" he yelled into the stadium.

Tyr dodged the kick just barely, nick knew if he wanted to win he'll have to put scar in a tight situation, "tyr use aura wave!" He shouted, the lucario started to focus aura in his hand, not too little but not too much, once it was ready he slammed it into the ground sending waves of energy through the ground and on it, the only possible way to dodge it is by jumping or at least that is what Nick believes, and remembering his battle with Jacob it's hard for a pokemon to dodge midair, "now tyr, prepare a flame punch!" Tyr's fist was set ablaze as he watched, waiting for his chance

"Scar jump and use extreme speed to get our of there, then use flaming charge" yelled jake as the lucario jumped high into the air before moving suddenly and reappearing at the other end of the field. Then he prepared two blaze kicks and sped around Tyr at high speed before attacking from behind

Tyr wasn't lucky this time, the attack hit him perfectly in the back, he could barely stand but was determined to continue, nick was worried for his lucario but he decided to continue when he saw the pokemon's determination
"Ok Tyr use ice punch!" Him hoping for it to freeze was a very big risk but it was not like he had any other options, the lucario's fist glowed light blue, cold air swirling around it, he dashed as fast as he could, gave it a jump and attacked scar, nick crossed his fingers hoping for this to work

"Scar block it with force palm!" Yelled jake as the lucario's ran toward each other and paw met paw.
Attacks collided and dust flew away from the immense impact. All was going well until the ice rose over Scar's palm and encased its hand
"Scar quick get out of there, extreme speed!" Yelled jake seeing what had happened. Scar jumped back and raced back toward jake
"Now Scar use that icy energy to create an ice punch of your own!" More freezing energy surrounded Scars hands as chilling long spikes formed and scar raced toward its opponent, once again employing a whirlwind tactic if running around its target before striking

"Tyr use earthquake!" Nick shouted, he was hoping that if Tyr won't beat scar he would weaken him, Tyr stood there and took the ice punch, now that scar was close, Tyr focused his power at the ground forcing it to crack and rumble, rocks shifting and wrecking the already wrecked field even further

Scar was shocked by the other lucario's willingness to take damage to gain a strategic advantage, but on the other hand was very impressed
This moment of thought meant that scar was thrown violently to one side. The lucario fought back quickly to regain its footing but was still hurt by the force of the attack
"Scar you know what to do aura beam!" Yelled jake as his Pokemon flipped back onto its feet, scar began to split into multiple copies of itself all of which began to run using extreme speed to become faster and faster until all that could be seen was a blurry ring around the stadium.
"Now!" Suddenly all of the lucario's fired a wave of aura spheres which flew upward to where the original scar had jumped high into the air, using the its combined auras the other clones began to force the spheres into one compressed energy source which scar then forced down in a blinding beam of force which carved its way quickly toward Tyr

"this look's interesting..." David Said to himself whale he was entering the the tournament.
"let see here... Food, a lot of colors, and Pokemon of course" David said to himself
"I wonder if they have tacos" David asked himself. He went to a woman that looked like the one that people go to to get in the tournament.
"Hay I would like to join"
"Oh how wonderful! another Contestant! Just Write your name here and your Pokemon here" Whale she points to blank lines on her peace of paper.
"can't wait to meat my fellow contestants!"

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Seeing how this thread had no replies to it for months and the other participants are still active in other threads, I'm locking this to prevent people from trying to wake it up again. If the thread isn't as dead as it seems, have the thread owner contact me and I'll unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.