• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Alola Region RP!

(OOC: Yes, I've added a bit more information since it needed some more details on the characters.)

Name: Helena
Are you from Alola: Yes, she was born in Aloha and she had explored some of the areas around with her father.
Personality: She is jolly, as she also tends to be compassionate around the young. She can get a little carried away with her Pokémon since she tends to spoil him. She is also rather overprotective of him, since she dislikes battling other trainers.
Personality (Pokémon): He is extremely timid around strangers, as he is also a huge crybaby. He tends to be rather emotional, since he likes to have things his way.
Partner Pokémon: Jangmo-o
Appearance: She has slightly pale skin, as she has blue eyes, while her hair is black and curled up with a ponytail. She wears a black turtleneck shirt, gray tapered pants, and white tennis shoes. She also has a bag that functions as a sling, as she wears a pair of black goggles.
Appearance (Pokémon): He is your normal, everyday Jangmo-o, as he wears a black, silky scarf around his neck.
Backstory: Helena had been out exploring the Ten Carat Hill while her father looked around for any hidden treasures. She encountered a Jangmo-o that appeared to be injured from pursuing trainers. She picked him up and saw a trainer that attempted to attack her and the Jangmo-o, as she immediately ran out of the cavern. She ran back to her house, and treated the Jangmo-o with the help of her mother, as the two got along quickly soon after.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
BIC:

Helena was inside the cavern of the Ten Carat Hill, as she walked towards the entrance while a Jangmo-o was in her sling. He had a rather frightened look, as she said to him while she placed a white, spherical-like object in her bag, "Shh, it's okay little one... I understand that you're scared here, we're going to be out soon."
He replied as she walked out of the cavern, "J- Ja- Jang..." She walked over to a nearby house, as she said to him in a calm tone, "Huh, this must be where the Professor is. Let's go get what we need and then we'll go exploring more."

She entered the house and met up with Professor Kukui while she quickly got her Poké Balls and a Pokédex in Alohan edition. She waved at him after she exited out off the door, as she walked over to Route 1 while the Jangmo-o quietly said, "Jang.... J- Jang..."
She replied to him as she noticed a boy that caught a Pokémon, "I understand that you're a little nervous around here, I know that it's not easy getting to meet new faces, but let's take this in baby steps."

She walked over to the boy, while the Jangmo-o looked rather teary eyed the moment he noticed him, as she said, "Well, I see that you caught something there. I haven't really caught anything yet, and well... I'm Helena. The little guy in my sling is Jangmo-o, he's very shy here, and well we go a little back. So what's your story?"

Tim looked over at the girl with the Jangmo-o and smiled"im Tim, and this is Riolu..."suddenly Riolu went up to the Jangmo-o excitedly and Tim looked at Riolu'Aura, your going to scare it"he sighed"Riolu gets a bit over excited when it sees new Pokemon."he said"we came here from Sinnoh"he said.

Name: Mason
Are you from Alola(if not What is your Home Region): No, I'm from Hoenn
Personality: Quick to anger. Also, loyal to friends. Would take a bullet for Omni. Sometimes cocky.
Partner Pokemon: Omni the Male Ralts.
Appearence: Beige cargo shorts. Blue T-Shirt. Blue Cap. Blue Tennis shoes.

Just then a cocky trainer walked up and challenged Tim and Aura to a battle.
"Hey I'm Mason and I'm new to Alola, I just finished the first trial hear on Melemele Island. I got a new Z- Crystal to use with my new Z- Ring. So what do you say? Or are you Torchic?" Mason asked.

Name: Ava
Have I always lived in Alola: No, I was born in Kalos and I lived there till I was 5, then I moved to Alola
Personality: Creative Competitive Shyish Friendly Loves Pokemon
Partner: Eevee, I got her from an egg when I was 7
Appearance: White short sleeve top, Blonde bob, Pink and white striped skirt, red leather bag going from my right shoulder to my left hip.

Backstory:
I lived in the big city when I was little, AKA, Lumiouse City. It was huge and I liked it but I like Alola better. When I moved there I was so excited to meet all different kinds of Pokemon. I have lived here for years now and I live on Akala Island, but am currently travelling through Melemele Island.

RP.

"I think it's this way..." Ava said quietly as she and her Eevee wandered through the forest. Ava liked the forest and all of its Pokemon. Well, sort of... Ava doesn't really like bug and poison pokemon. They sort of scare her. So as Ava and Eevee walked through the forest, they suddenly heard a hissing noise and an Arbok came slithering out of the bushes. Eevee jumped into Ava's arms and they ran away a fast as they could. When they had finally come out of the woods they ran straight into a group of people chatting. "Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." She glanced down and saw all their Pokemon, there were a bunch she'd never seen before! "Umm... Hi" She said, " I'm Ava"

Name: Ava

Am I from Alola: No, I lived in Lumiouse City until I was 5, then I moved to Alola
Buddy: Eevee
Other Pokemon: Dragonite
Appearance: Short blonde hair, White top, White and pink stripped skirt, Rainbow shoes, Sky blue eyes.

RP:

Eevee! Stop! Come back! Ava yelled. No use... Once eevee saw something interesting she was gone. "Oh well, she'll be back soon." Ava sighed as she continued to walk through the forest. "Go Dragonite!" Ava yelled. "Rooooaaaarrrr" Dragonite yelled. This was the first pokemon Ava had ever caught, originally it was caught as a dragonair, but it evolved in battle. "I have an idea dragonite" Ava whispered, "I really want to be a trainer, and to do that I have to go out to find more pokemon." "Eeee!" Eevee yelled as she came running back to Ava. "Eee! Vee Ee Vui!" eevee yelled. Suddenly a weird wave of psychic power came across Ava. "Woah, This is not normal." Ava said dizzily. Suddenly Tapu Lele came flying through the trees straight at Eevee, Dragonite and Ava. "ROOOOAAAR!" Dragonite yelled as Tapu Lele flew straight into him. For a moment Tapu Lele just floated there as if it was waiting for them to do something. "Eevee?" Eevee asked, and just like that tapu lele was gone. "That... was... AMAZING!" Ava shouted," I'll beat you guys to the next town!"
Btw this is my other account, ignore this - MapleEevee

Tim looked at Mason"Mason, to be honest, i just got to this region, i have not cleared the first trial yet..."he looked down at Riolu who was looking at Ralts intensly."i guess if my Pokemon feels ready, then we can accept."

"Why would I challenge a trainer who hasn't defeated the first trial? Come to Iki Town when you complete the first trial okay?" Mason said.
"Ralts!" Omni shouted with excitement.

Name: Luna
Are you from Alola(if not What is your Home Region): Sinnoh
Personality: Kind, Caring, Adventurous, Sweet, Sometimes competitive
Partner Pokemon: Roserade
Appearence: http://pokecharms.com/works/luna-trainer-reference.29435/

-

Luna had just arrived to the new, and hot region, Alola. She had yet to explore this new place, and decided to pick up some new companions. Leaving her five other party members back home for a good rest, she decided to keep her good old partner roserade to join her on this journey. However, she did decide that she'd pick up a new starter to join her along. Apon arrival, she had stumbled on two male trainers. Being lost, the ginger approached them with a map. "E-excuse me... I don't mean to interrupt, but I just arrived here from Sinnoh, and I was wondering where I would be able to pick up a starter from this region.." She asked with a slight blush. She wasn't sure how experienced of a trainer these boys were, and she hoped that at least one of them knew their way around the many islands that made up this region.

"Hmm.. Alright... Do you know where I can find him? I'm sorry.. I know barely anything of this region." she admitted sheepishly, gently kicking her foot into the ground.

"That would be wonderful if you could!" She cheered calmly. "Thank you very much.. Uh... May I ask for your name?" She cocked her head to the side. "I'm Luna by the way~" She offered the male her hand to shake, giving a polite introduction.

"Tim huh.." She spoke to herself, keeping a mental note. "Well, It's nice to meet you Tim, Riolu." She gently set her hand in front of the blue pokemon to sniff, before gently patting its head. "Shall we get going then?" She suggested. "Or, would you like to battle first?" Luna raised a brow, giving a friendly smirk.

"Mh~ Alright. Then how about a battle to celebrate a new greeting?" She chuckled, pulling out a pokeball, holding it firmly in her hand. Luna then wandered a decent amount away. "Go! Roserade!" She cheered, tossing the ball into mid air. Out popped a lovely roserade, one with purple and black petals instead of its usual red and blue. The roserade let out an elegant cry, stretching its arms out as it looked at this new region.

Roserade moved in front of his trainer, blinking its shimmering eyes in the Alolan light. "Alright! Lets start then shall we?" The ginger paused. "Okay! Set up roserade!" The female commanded, the pokemon nodding in response. It swung its bouquet of flowers out, only for spikes covered in a toxin to scatter at the riolu's feet.

"Roserade, set up a leech seed, then set up a grass terrain." Luna commanded once more. The grass type nodded, instantly seeding the riolu and sucking up a bit of HP. The pokemon then let a grassy terrain take place. The entire battle field was covered in grass and moss, that boosting up his grass type moves.

Name: Ryan
Recently came to the Alolan Region from Kalos.
Personality: She is bubbly and tomboyish. She loves to sing, dance, and draw. She dreams of becoming the very best Pokemon master, and catching every first evolution Pokemon and evolving it.
Partner Pokemon: Litten. He always stays outside his pokeball.
Appearance: Long blond hair in a high ponytail. Blue Tee. Blue and white high tops. Beige cargo shorts. Light skin. Dark Blue backpack.

Suddenly, a girl with blond hair, and a Litten on her shoulder, ran into the trial cave. "I'm so ready for this!" she yelled. She then saw the girl with the blond pigtails, being attacked by the Yungoos and rushed over. "Let me help you!" she said. " Lets go, Litten! Use Ember! This will make a great catch!"

Last edited by a moderator:
With her first trial cleared, Ella had been given permission to catch pokemon inside the verdant cavern, but she had decided that she didn't want to stay and catch any of the yungoos inside. She had her team all planned out... And most of them were electric types. She did, however, want to catch a petilil in Melemele Meadow, so, before going for her next trial, she was headed there.

"I've got loads of pokeballs, so, we're all set to go catching us a new friend, right, Sparkle?"

"Plusle!" Her plusle partner agreed.