• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Adventure in Unova!

There's three of us, and I'm fine with Orlando coming back in if he wants to. But we can close it out and keep going with the plasma plot? It's up to you though, this is your rp

OOC: He's welcome to return, the Plasma plot will stay regardless. If neither of them return, do you just want to continue in 2-person RP?

"I don't really have anything laid out." Moanna shrugged. "I mostly wander and help the wild pokemon I come across. Though, I also have a pokemon I'd like to help become stronger, my feebas, Lilo? Maybe we can help each other train while we go to the next gym."

"If you need some assistance in your training, I'd be more than happy to help you with it. I'm sure Espurr and the others would be willing as well" He responds.

"Thank you!" Moanna smiled. "And I'll do what I can to help too. Would you want to have a battle, maybe? Nothing too big but maybe it might help boost Lilo's confidence..."

"A battle sounds great! Eevee could use a little more training as well." Roy says as he releases Eevee from her ball. Eevee smiles and looks ready for battle.

Moanna threw the pokeball, hoping Lilo would do well. A flash of light brought Lilo, a feebas with shiny purple scales, into the battle. Lilo flopped pathetically on the ground; Moanna flushed a bit.

"WOW! A purple Feebas! I've never seen one of those before!" He exclaims. "Eevee, go easy on Feebas for now." She nods and goes into a battle stance. "Are you ready, Moanna?" Roy asks.

"Heh, thanks," Moanna smiled. Sweeney drifted over, the gardevoir seemed eager to watch the battle and see how his teammate would do. "Okay, Lilo, light screen!"
Lilo stopped splashing in the dirt and a shimmering wall of light appeared in front of her.

"Eevee, break through it with Quick Attack!" Roy grins. Eevee rushes at the Light Screen, hitting it but not destroying it. Espurr goes to sit next to Gardevoir.

The impact scared Lilo, causing her to run away from the light screen. "No! Lilo, it's okay! Don't run, um, use flail!" Lilo, panicking, used flail, not really aiming for eevee.

Sweeney looked at espurr, happy to be in the company of another psychic type.

"Er, do you want to continue the battle, Moanna?" He says. Eevee stands looking a bit confused, she looks back at me shaking, tilting her head.

Espurr smiles at Sweeney.

"Um.." Moanna watches the panicking feebas, then sighs and withdraws her back into her pokeball. "No, I suppose not. I'm sorry, my other pokemon are much better at battling, but I've never been able to get Lilo to do well. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?" Moanna sighs. "I don't really feel like I deserve those gym badges right now."

Sweeney watches the young espurr and wonders at her psychic abilities. Maybe there was something they could teach each other. In his mind, Sweeney senses another, human, presence nearby. But humans were common; maybe it was nothing?

OOC: One of my friends might be joining soon.

"Lilo is a fine Pokemon, you're a fine Trainer." He assures her. "Perhaps, you two need to spend some more time together?" Eevee goes and sits next to Espurr. "The Gym badge might be a good way to get Lilo some more experience." He said.

Ooc: Sounds good. Btw, how/when were you planning on bringing in neo plasma? Do you want to do it or should it be a collaborative of the rp'ers?

"Thank you." Moanna smiles, even though she's still a little unsure of herself. "Maybe you're right about them gym. I'm just afraid Lilo isn't ready. We've been together a few years and the team and I have worked so hard to build her confidence, but when the battle actually happens she panics and well, you saw what happens."

OOC: Perhaps it should be a collaborative, similar to their first appearance in Virbank City.

"Just reassure her, and she'll do better. Espurr was like that when we first met as well." Roy reassures her. Eevee puts her paw on Lilo, as if she's trying to reassure her as well. "Eevee wants to help boost Lilo's confidence it looks like." Roy said.

Ooc: alright, I'll go refresh myself on that. I might make a random grunt to kind of get the ball rolling

"I'll definitely keep working with her. And thank you too, eevee. I appreciate your help and I'm sure Lilo will too. Um, maybe we could find some water? I think Lilo will be a bit more comfortable if she's in her element."

OOC: Sounds good. I can be one as well if you want.
"Sure thing, there's a lake not too far from here. I'm sure the others will enjoy a nice relaxing time by the lake as well." Roy replied. He holds his hand out. "Its a bit difficult to navigate through the trees, this way we won't get separated. Eevee and Espurr hop on my shoulder.

Ooc: I looked back in the forum, but there was only the small bit in your intro about neo plasma? I can work with it though :)

"Oh, um.." Moanna reaches her hand for Roy's but Sweeney grabs Roy's hand instead. Smiling mischeviously, the gardevoir pretends to swoon and Moanna flushes at her pokemon's eccentric nature. "I guess I'll, uh, be okay. Or, wait," Moanna grabs onto the edge of Roy's shirt, pinching the fabric between her fingers so she wouldn't pull to much. "That works too!"

OOC: I'm gonna make some slight changes to my final team. I'm replacing Larvesta and Deino with a Weedle and Bulbasaur.

He laughs. "The lake around here is beautiful, I'm sure that will perk Lilo up." He says. Roy begins to lead Moanna through the woods, many different wild Pokemon are running all over the place. As they walk, a Weedle climbs onto Sweeney's head, seemingly enjoying the ride.

Ooc:Sounds good to me

Moanna's eyes widen as she tries to look at all the wild pokemon at once. "Oh wow, it's wonderful here!" She exclaims, excited when a flock of butterfrees cross the path ahead of them. When a weedle crawls onto Roy's head, she giggles and points, "I think you made a new friend."

"Heh, it's a cute little thing, huh?" He replies. Roy picks it up. "Hey there, little one." He says to the Weedle. Weedle crawls into my pocket, accidentally bumping into one of my Poke Balls and captures itself. "Well.. That was unexpected." Roy says, mildly confused.

Watching Roy capture the weedle, Moanna laughs out loud. "I guess it was meant to be!"
While Roy and Moanna are distracted, Sweeney senses the presence again. He looks into the woods, pushing his powers to find the person. They were being followed, he knew it, and he used his powers to warn espurr of what he found.

Espurr begins to shake a little bit. "What's the matter, Espurr?" He asks the worried Pokemon. "Moanna, do you get the feeling we're being watched?" He then asks Moanna.

Ooc: I believe we're working on that, lysand. Feel free to jump back in and help us!

Confused, Moanna looked at her friends. Espurr and Roy were obviously upset, and Sweeney had that furrow on his brow whenever something concerned him. "I-i don't see anybody.." Moanna glanced at the trees, but they were so thick that it was hard to see very far. "Maybe we should hurry to the lake, I'll let Gale out of his pokeball. He can protect us, if there is someone there."

Last edited:
Lysand looked a bit confused, and looked around. He didn't have the aide of psychic types to tell him if there was really somebody, but he felt as if he was being watched.

"That sounds like a good idea," he said to Moanna.

"Let's keep moving towards the lake, but be ready for anything." He warns the other two. Eevee goes back into her Poke Ball, while Espurr hides in my pocket. Roy looks around, but he's unable to spot anyone. "Let's keep moving forward." He says.

Moanna, a little scared, hurried with the two boys towards the lake front. She had never been happier to spook a flock of pidgey, because they were finally out in the open where no one could sneak up on them. Sweeney glided to her side, his senses on guard. Confident in Sweeney's abilities, even though he was more of a support pokemon for her team, Moanna released Gale from his pokeball. The massive aurorus shook the ground as he emerged, waves of cold flowing from his frozen body. Feeling the chill associated with her childhood home, Moanna immediately felt more secure.

Out in the woods, a woman hid just out of sight in the shadows, watching the group, her face hidden beneath a hood. She pressed a button on her gloves to activate the mic in her hood's lining, and said, "Company appears to have noticed me. Retreating for now, but they've got a big ice type with them that could help with our plans, along with some rare shiny pokemon that could be of value." With her report done, the stranger fled from our griup, lest she be caught before the plans of neo-plasma could be put into action.

"We're out now..." Roy says, out of breath. "What was that?" Espurr becomes less afraid as well. "Well, anyways I guess we can relax now." He says as he lets Eevee, Weedle, and Mawile out of their Poke Balls.

"I'm not sure, but I think I'm okay with staying out here for now." Moanna watched Roy release his team, and thought it was a good idea. The more eyes to watch, right? Following his lead, she released Sinbad and Lilo from their pokeballs, both the dragonair and the feebas took immediately to the water. Moanna sat on the ground and pulled off her leather boots and rolled up her black tights. "I'm gonna go in the water with Lilo." She turned to Sweeney and Gale. "Will you two watch the trees? I'm kind of nervous about before.." Gale, seeing his trainer, and longest friend, upset, he lowered his large head and nuzzle her. Ice crystals danced away on Moanna's breath as she hugged him, grateful for his reassuring presence. Then she went into the lake and let the water rise to her knees before she stopped. Lilo swam happily around her, excited to be in water and without the pressures of battle on her. In the deeper waters, Sinbad stretched his serpentine body and sunbathed.

"The water feels great." Roy says as he sits in it, he stretches and relaxes a bit. Espurr and the others sit in the shallower ends, playing with one another. "You and Gale seem close, have you two been together for long?" He asks Moanna.

"Yeah," Moanna smiles softly, thinking back. Lilo spots the other pokemon and swims over, eager to play too. "I found the fossil that Gale came from when I was real little, in the ice caves by where my family lived. My dad restored it and gave Gale to me on my tenth birthday. We've been together ever since." Moanna looked affectionately at Gale, who was trying not to sit too close to the water so his aura wouldn't freeze it. "It's hard to believe it's been twelve years already, we've been through so much." Seeing that Lilo was more interested in the other pokemon, Moanna waded back to the bank and sat next to Roy. "What about you? How did you and espurr meet?"

Lysand followed the other two's lead and let his pokemon out of their pokeballs. Poochyena immediately leaped into the water and began to swim around a bit in the shallower area. She seemed happy. While Poochyena swam, Aipom sat near Lysand, and played with some rocks and various things on the ground.

"Wow Moanna, you two have been friends for quite some time," Lysand marveled. He couldn't even think about the strength of a bond that those two had.

"I met Espurr roughly 8 years ago while working at my parents adoption center. I was in charge of making sure the Psychic-types were fed and happy. Espurr and I started playing together, and after that we got particularly close." Roy responded. "After that, I talked to my parents; when I turned 10, Espurr and I would become partners, and it wasn't too long after that we started traveling together. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like if it wasn't for her." He says as he lays back.