• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Weekend Trivia Contest - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
logo.jpg

Weekends are a busy time here on Pokecharms, it's when we get most of our weekly traffic and lately it's pretty visible as everything slows down for the duration (this will hopefully not be an issue after next month, though). As such, it only makes sense to give those who visit us so much at the weekends an extra little something.

Introducing a new weekly (or weekendly) feature, Blaziken's Weekend Trivia Contest. Every Friday your weekend's host, Blaziken, will be here to dole out some rock-hard questions and will be hanging around for the rest of the weekend until the answers and scores and posted up on Sunday night.

To participate, all you have to do is PM your answers to Blaziken. Do not post your answers here, and do not PM me. Both will simply be deleted.

Scores will be racked up until the end of the 'season' - 6 weeks - at which point an overall winner will be crowned. Prizes for the overall winner and weekly winners will be determined at a later date.

So, without further ado, I hand you over to Blaziken...

Last edited by a moderator:
'Sup mah beotches?

This is the first weekend with me running the show, and my first trivia contest - but don't think that means I'm gonna go easy on ya! These babies are rock solid tough and if anyone gets the maximum 42 Points available this week, I'll have Ralts shine their shoes for a week!

Who's That Pokemon?

The first category's an easy one, simply figure out who the Pokemon I've screwed up a picture of actually is. You can get bonus points for including what game the picture's from and if there's anything special about it (like if it's a special Forme or whatever).

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Max Points: 12

Pokéology Study!

Guess what Pokemon the clues are talking about - simple!

1. Which Pokemon can go for days without eating a single morsel because of the nutrients its unique body can withold?

2. Name one of the Pokemon capable of learning from a possible 7 moves at level 1.

3. Which Pokemon has a scent capable of energising both humans and Pokemon?

4. Which is the heaviest non-Legendary Pokemon?

5. While Gloom uses its smell to scare off attackers, which other drooling grass Pokemon uses its scent to attract prey?

Max Points: 10

The Game's A Foot!

Doing well so far? Well, this is where that ends! Only the hardcore nerds stand a chance with this one - can you identify a Pokémon by nothing more than its footprint?

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Max Points: 15

This Week's Featured Pokémon!

You get 3 facts about 1 Pokémon, if you figure out which Pokémon the facts are about, you get 5 points - if you don't, you get nothing!

Who Am I?

- I evolved at level 18
- I have two abilities
- I am sometimes used as a thermometer

Max Points: 5

To participate, PM -ME- your answers before Sunday night.

It's come to my attention that question 2 of the Pokéology Study category is incorrect. There are more Pokemon capable of learning that many moves at level 1 - but there are only a few of them. Answering with any of these Pokemon will get you a point.

So... yeah. Ralts goofed, I'll kick him for it later.

The answers to this weeks quiz:

Who's That Pokemon?

1.png
-
054.png

- Psyduck, Shiny, Platinum - 3 Points.
2.png
-
479flying.png

- Rotom, Spin Forme, Platinum - 3 Points.
3.png
-
gbs009.gif

- Blastoise, Silver - 2 Points.
4.png
-
26.PNG

- Raichu, Green (/Japanese Red) - 2 Points.
5.png
-
dungeon383.png

- Groudon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - 2 Points.

Max Points: 12

Pokéology Study!

1. Which Pokemon can go for days without eating a single morsel because of the nutrients its unique body can withold?

- Bulbasaur, 2 Points.

2. Name one of the Pokemon capable of learning from a possible 7 moves at level 1.

- Accepted correct answers include: Aerodactyl, Dragonite and Regigigas, 2 points.

3. Which Pokemon has a scent capable of energising both humans and Pokemon?

- Bayleef, 2 Points.

4. Which is the heaviest non-Legendary Pokemon?

- Metagross, 2 Points.

5. While Gloom uses its smell to scare off attackers, which other drooling grass Pokemon uses its scent to attract prey?

- Carnivine, 2 Points.

Max Points: 10

The Game's A Foot!

Doing well so far? Well, this is where that ends! Only the hardcore nerds stand a chance with this one - can you identify a Pokémon by nothing more than its footprint?

1.png
-
486.png

- Regigigas - 3 Points.
2.png
-
441.png

- Chatot - 3 Points.
3.png
-
323.png

- Camerupt - 3 Points.
4.png
-
224.png

- Octillery - 3 Points.
5.png
-
123.png

- Scyther - 3 Points.

Max Points: 15

This Week's Featured Pokémon!

You get 3 facts about 1 Pokémon, if you figure out which Pokémon the facts are about, you get 5 points - if you don't, you get nothing!

Who Am I?

- I evolved at level 18
- I have two abilities
- I am sometimes used as a thermometer

- I am Skiploom!

Max Points: 5

Total Points available: 42.

Status
Not open for further replies.