• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Day Haiku Contest

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Pikachu Thunder!
Go Destroy Team Rocket Now
Your powers are Hax

The poetry mastery of our very own Doctor Oak. Profound, isn't it?

This year for Pokecharms Day we'd like to celebrate things in a way that everyone can participate... and what could be easier than writing simple haiku-like poetry? In the spirit of Professor Oak (the master of Pokemon senryū), we'd like to hear some Pokemon poems from you guys. Whether it be about a specific Pokemon or an aspect of Pokemon in general, the choice is yours.

The guidelines are as simple as they sound. Write a Pokemon-related haiku-like poem consisting of three lines and up to 17 syllables. Then, PM your poem to me with the subject title "Pokecharms Day Haiku Contest".

The contest will run for a week, ending at Midnight GMT on March 24th. Once all of the entries have been collected, a voting process will be set up for the community itself to determine the best poems. Prizes will be announced at a later time.

So, show us your own mastery of words and drop us a poem - but only one poem per member please. Even if you don't feel creative, give it a few minutes of thought and take a shot :)

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
For those that are either dumb and don't get how syllables work or haven't a clue what a Haiku is, you need 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second and 5 again in the third.

Having about 25 syllables in the first line, 15 in the second and 30 in the third IS NOT a Haiku... so don't waste your time or ours... >>

Nemesis

Former Administrator
"Then, PM your poem to me with the subject title "Pokecharms Day Haiku Contest".

I suggest you follow those instructions if you wish to enter...

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Seriously people. If you are going to try and enter please read the rules and ways to enter. IE- PM Prof Cinders.