• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Poké Camp

OOC:
The OOC and Sign ups are in the discussion thread. Do not enter this role play without posting a form in the discussion thread.
BIC:
It was early nighttime, all breezy and windy. Angela was in her room, watching television. Her Pokémon were beside her on the bed. It was free time, so everyone could do whatever they want. It was drawing 6:00, and there was a rule about the lights out rule at 9:00. She wasn't happy she was at camp. She'd want to go on her own adventure to catch Pokémon, but she had only a little time out on a journey, and she was so disappointed, that her personality changed from being nice. The show on television was the news, and they said that it was going to be cold.

"Oh great.." she thought, worried.

OOC:
P.S., if you posted a form on the discussion thread then you may hop on!

Maeve was Chilling on the front porch of her room with Her Pokemon, besides Onix since he was too big.She was petting Her Eevee while looking at the cloud in the sky. Back At her home, her and her father would look at cloud and point out the shapes of the clouds and what they looked like together. This Made Maeve Less homesick than she was feeling already. Kanto felt a long way away from this camp in Hoeen, But she was glad she was at this camp. She needed to be in a place where she could become a Better trainer without well, hurting herself. Maeve went inside her room to check the news. It said it was going to be cold tonight. Unlike her family and most people, Maeve didn't mind the cold. The Cool Breezes felt good on her skin. Maybe she could train at night and catch some poekmon thta only come out at night.
"I wonder if I could Catch A Nocturnal Pokemon?"

Finlay was in his room with his TV on. However, he didn't pay attention to what was on and simply stared out the window. Blake the Tyrogue was practicing his moves in the middle of the room, throwing punches and kicks everywhere. Finlay was thinking of what camp would be like since it starts tomorrow. Finlay had only become a trainer very recently with his Tyrogue hatching from his egg a week ago. The two were very close with each other since Finlay was looking after him since he was an egg. Finlay was fairly homesick because he misses his friends and all the Pokemon he befriended back home. He tells himself "I'll become a better trainer during my time here, so when I return I can become the best in Johto." Which always seems to forget the thought of missing home. Finlay got rather bored and looked over to Blake, who seemed to be thinking the same thing. Finlay stood up and said, "Come on Blake, let's go outside," Finlay opened his door and Blake rushed after him eagerly. He walked out onto his front porch and leaned on the railing and looked at the sky. Blake climbed up onto the railing and sat down on top of it, dangling his legs off of it. Blake imitated Finlay and looked up at the sky. "It's for the best that we're here, no matter how much we think otherwise. It will be a step closer to achieving our dreams. At least once we figure out what they're." Finlay said to Blake. Finlay looked down again and noticed a couple of other members of the camp outside as well.

Lucina had woken up in her room to a Castform poking her with his tiny arms, as she noticed his head was purple, and there was a tiny, puffy cloud surrounding it. She rubbed her eyes as she said to him, "I'm supposing it's going to be cold tonight huh Castform?"
He nodded as he replied while he turned back to normal, "Cast."

She got off of her bed, as Mudkip was still asleep while her other Pokémon were neatly tucked in their Poké Balls. She looked out of the window as she noticed that she wasn't the only member in the camp. She thought to herself as Castform went onto her shoulder, "Well, I suppose that it won't hurt to make a few friends huh?" She grabbed her cloak from her jacket rack, as she wore it over her clothes while she got her Poké Balls and neatly placed them on their holisters.

She picked up the sleepy Mudkip and held him carefully in her warm arms, as she said to Castform, "Let's go outside Castform, I think that it's time to look for some other people or perhaps Pokémon."

Anatha took a sip of her coffee, not quite as bitter as she liked it, but they put a bit of creamer in it because all of thw other staff members liked sweeter coffee. She was hanging out next to a tall oak tree with her sleeping Aagron. Ever since she came here it's been the same spiel:"Woah! Where did you get him from?""Isn't he a bitbig for a summer camp?""You can't have him walk aroumd at night, his stomping scares the campers."

She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked up to the clouds.'It's gotta pay off.' She said, this was the only thing to fill in for tutoring that didn't cost money. She then got up, dusted herself off, and went to the center of camp, ready for the day's role call. It was her turn today, and she was hoping the kids were as done as she was.

Christina had just fallen asleep when she heard the sound of nails on a chalkboard. She awoke to find her Misdreavus and Larvitar playing what looked like a game of tag. She then sat upright on her mattress, smiling at the two playful Pokemon.
"Larvitar, Misdreavus, do you guys want to come outside and get some fresh air? We might make some new friends while we're at it as well!" Christina walked towards the door with the Pokemon trailing behind her. Christina had come a long way just to be at this camp and wanted to make the most out of it.

Angela looked at the balcony. She didn't want to notice anybody, she is so shy due to her coming to the camp. However she was located on the second floor balcony room, and actually, people were looking at her. She did look a bit beautiful, but then she closed the balcony door and back in her room. She could try training, just in a secret place with just Angela and her pokemon. She sighed in relief they didn't get a long glance at her, only a short glance. She went downstairs, and a bit from there she was looked at. Angela looked away, and ran behind some bushes and trees.

Finlay noticed a girl outside of her room, as soon as she noticed that there were eyes on her, she acted a bit shifty and entered her room again. "That girl acted a bit weird," Finlay thought. Finlay looked at Blake who was still staring at the stars with an admiring look. "I forgot you haven't been here long, it's probably the first time you've had a good look at the night sky, huh?" Finlay said to Blake. "Ty," Blake said as he slightly nodded his head. Finlay looked forward again and noticed the same leaving her room and acting really strange. Finlay rubbed his eyes since they were itchy and as he looked up again. She was gone. Finlay pondered in thought, he was deciding if whether he should decide that the girl was harmless or suspicious. "Blake let's go," Finlay said to Blake as he picked up his bag and walked out of the door. Blake ran panicky after Finlay. Finlay went downstairs and exited the building and looked around for the girl. "I wonder she went, she disappeared as I rubbed my eyes weird." Blake wasn't sure what Finlay was looking for, so he just sat down and admired the stars once again.

Stars were up. Oh stars.

Angela did notice somebody after walking a bit up from the trees and bushes that was looking to her that they wanted to see her. She returned all of her Pokémon to their pokeballs, and ran away deeper behind the trees. She attempted to climb a tree, but she couldn't and fell. Her head did hurt, but a couple minutes passed and she was okay. Some random Arboks came out, and saw Angela. They started to chase Angela and she didn't notice them until they were near her. She screamed, running away. She sent out Elekid to protect her. The Elekid growled; it distracted the Arboks from chasing her. She sighed in relief, but also sent Cyndaquil to help out Elwood to distract her.
However, without noticing, a Arbok was right behind her, and it chased her out of the bushes and the trees, and now she was shown to almost everyone.

Kevin, meanwhile, was sitting on top of a log near the main camp, watching his Bulbasaur, Dratini and Magby sleep.
"They're so cute..."
Then he saw Angela.
"Hey!"
He waved.

Christina noticed a girl emerge from the woods looking embarrassed. She wanted to go over and introduce herself, but saw that someone else had already motioned her over. Instead, she wanted to find out what had spooked the girl so badly.
"Swablu, come on out!" Swablu looked at her trainer affectionately and perched itself onto Christina's head. "Let's go into the forest and find out what had startled that girl. It might be a Pokemon that we have never seen before." Swablu nodded and took of from it's location on her head into the forest, with Christina close behind.

Finlay was very quick to react to the scream that came from the bushes and the trees. However, before he could rush into help the girl revealed herself from the greenery and she was clearly in distress. "What happened are you okay?" Finlay asked the girl in a bit of a panic. He noticed the hostile Arbok from where she came. "That would answer it," Finlay thought. Finlay froze in terror, not realising how scared he would be in a situation like this. Whenever he imagined himself in a dangerous situation he imagined himself all brave and fearless and tackles the threat head on. This wasn't going to plan in Finlay's head. "I um... Blake u-use Fake Out!" Finlay stuttered. Blake was distracted at first still looking at the stars. He calmly looked at Finlay and then instantly got focused as he noticed the wild, hostile Pokemon. Blake Charged forwards and clapped his hands when he reached theArbok, flinching the Pokemon. This startled theArbok and it retreated. However, two more Arbok came to avenge the previous Arbok. Blake stepped back slightly as he looked worried at the sight of the group of Pokemon. He was outnumbered and wasn't sure if he could fight them. "Oh no," Finlay said to himself as he saw the extra Arbok approaching Blake.

Anatha was stoking a fire when she heard a bunch of commotion. She looked over to see a rather aggressive Arbok harassing the students. She blew the whistle she was goven for emergencies, but it didn't really do jacl squat. So instead she made a low pitched whistle and her slumbering beast came stomping near the fire, the flame glaring against his steely skin."Make sure she doesn't get hurt Maurice, her and the Arbok." She said, waving her arms trying to beckon the other campers towards her.

The Aggron lumbered forward and grabbed the Arbok by its head, looking it in the eyes and making a piercing warcry to assert dominance.

Angela was frightened. First Arbok, then what she expected was ruined. However, a Aggron appeared over to protect her from the Arboks. She answered nothing, she was so shy. Angela did notice, they were saving her. However, more and more Arbok appeared behind her, and one seemed to try and wrap and trap her with its tail. However, out of of nowhere, Angela's Elekid and Cyndaquil attacked with Flame Wheel and Thunder Shock.

Anatha wooped in approval."That's it!" She yelled, happy to see something close to a real battle happening here, not the same tackle and leer fights that have been happening nonstop here.

Lucina went outside while Castform remained on her shoulder, as Mudkip was still asleep. She noticed a fight that went on in the distance, as she said to herself while Castform hid behind her head, "Is that a g- girl, and an Aggron with some of those snakes?!" She quickly hid behind a tree and tried to process what just happened, as Mudkip began to woke up, unknowingly to the fact that he was near a bad situation.

Meanwhile, a Bagon had woken up from his short nap, as he got out of his cave heard a fight that went on. He was scared to the brink of death, as he quickly ran away and cried, while his screams could be heard from the entire area! He ran as fast as he could, placing his mouth on his scarf as a reflex to being nervous. He continued to cry while he bit on the scarf slightly, as tears rushed down his face like the waterfall that he was behind.

He continued to quickly run, hoping that he went away from the fight, as he bumped into a girl! A sharp amount of pain surged through his head, as a brief ringing sound could be heard within his body! He resisted the urge to scream from the pain, as he crawled away from her while trying to not stir up anymore threats. He still cried, while hoping the Aggron wouldn't notice him, as he was frightened of its huge size. He curled in a ball and hid behind the girl's leg, hoping that she wouldn't notice him, as he tried to use her cloak to mask himself under the night, not realizing that he was clearly visible in front of everyone.

Christina went back to camp with Swablu after a few minutes of looking around. She saw all the commotion and ran over to see if she could help, but it looked like the Aggron had everything under control.
"This has been quite an eventful day, hasn't it Swablu?" She looked at the battle while Swablu went to it's perch on her head again. "That Aggron looks powerful. Maybe one day, when Larvitar evolves into a Tyranitar, she will be as powerful as that Aggron," Christina murmured to herself. "I think I'll wait until all the commotion is over to see if everyone is alright."

Last edited:
Anatha nodded and looked around."Everyone alright?" She asked, a lazy concern in her voice. The Aggron surveyed the students and took count of however many there were. It dropped on all fours to not look so threatening and Anatha rubbed his steely head."Good job buddy." She said, it made a deep growl in approval.

Finlay had a huge sigh of relief and lied on the ground, Blake rushed to Finlay since he was quite scared of the number of scary wild Pokemon there was. Finlay sat back up again and hugged Blake to comfort him. "It's okay, they got dealt with" Finlay stood up and walked over to the teacher and the Aggron. Blake stayed very close to Finlay's almost as if he was hugging his leg, he also was constantly looking around him in case any other hostile Pokemon attacked. "Thank you so much, I don't know what would have happened if you and Aggron didn't show up," Finlay said.

Lucina went up to the Aggron, while the Bagon clung onto her cloak, as he tried to hide from everyone. He quietly cried, as he curled up when he saw the Aggron. Castform went over behind Lucina to the crying Bagon, and tried to comfort him, as he used his tiny arms to pat his head. Mudkip looked up at Lucina, while a glimpse of the Aggron made his fin shake, as he said to her while he studdered, "M- Mudkip..."

Nicky heard some scream. He tried to ignore it. He heard more screams. "Ugh, Fine!" Nicky got out of bed, His Pokemon (Jiggs, Penny, and Wave) were already awake. "Alright guys-" Penny growled "And gals, lets go see what that is." He went out and over to some bushes and trees, were he had heard the screams, and saw some people and pokemon. There were a couple of people crying, there was one pokemon crying too. "Umm...What's go'n on?" Jiggs started wondering.

Finlay turned around and answered. "Everyone's having the time of their lives clearly," Finlay then realised that being sarcastic wasn't the best first impression so he corrected himself. "Sorry, a bunch of wild Pokemon, attacked a few of us," Finlay explained to Nicky.

"Oh, well... Hold on a sec." Nicky walked up to the wild pokemon, he slowly placed his hand on it's head. Hmm... Nicky stood up. "He attacked you because you walked into his bushes un-invited." Nicky blushed at the fact he could do that.

Finlay stared in utter confusion as to what happened. "Wha-I...uh...wha-?" Finlay stuttered trying to spit out a word. "What just happened?" Finlay asked. "One, why isn't it attacking you and two, how did you know just by touching its scalp?" Finlay asked again.

Nicky kept blushing. "Umm...It's...Umm...A special talent I was born with." Nicky looked back at the wild pokemon, Jiggs was talking to him. "And maybe he didn't attack us because Jiggs became his freind. Oh yeah, that's my Jigglypuff. "

Finlay wanted to ask more questions but then decided to leave it to later and just nod along to her explanation. "Oh...okay," Finlay responded. Blake then walked up to Jiggs to say hi but got nervous after seeing the Arbok next to her. "Ty-Tyrogue," Blake stuttered nervously attempting to say hi to Jiggs but couldn't but help look at Arbok paranoid that it was going to repeat what its friends did earlier.

Nicky reached down to pet penny but she wasn't there. He looked at the arbok and saw all his pokemon were talking to each other. He looked at Blake, he looked a bit nervous. Nicky nealed down to him. He looked at Finlay "May I?" He asked.

"Um...sure," Finlay responded. He knew that Blake was a very kind hearted Pokemon and this girl seemed to be very good with Pokemon so he didn't see any reason to say otherwise. Just like Blake Finlay occasionally looking at Arbok, due to the paranoia still lingering from the attack that happened a moment ago.

OOC: Nicky is a boy, and so is Jiggs

BIC:
" 'k!" Nicky said as he slowly placed his hand on Blake's forehead. There was silence, or at least to Nicky. ... Nicky got up, "Blake's a bit nervous because she's scared that arbok might attack her again."

Finlay paused for second trying to not make a sarcastic comment. "To be fair, I easily figured that out myself. Purely on the fact that he has a scared look on his face," Finlay replied. Finlay's eyes opened as he realised that he possibly came across as rude. "N-not that I'm doubting you or anything it's just... obvious," Finlay said cringing at himself because he was realising that he was digging himself a bigger hole with every word but wouldn't stop talking.

Nicky blushed. Ugh, of course. I should've known that. Ugh Great! Now Everyone will think I can't tell something by a face. No one want's to be friends with a person who can't tell common expressions. I knew I wouldn't make any friends out here in hoenn. Nicky thought. "Umm... I gotta go." He said "Jiggs, Penny lets go back to bed." They all started walking away towards his room. As he got in all his pokemon fell right asleep, Wave was already asleep because she didn't wake up when they heard the screaming. He turned off the lights, collapsed on his bed and fell asleep. Ugh, Perfect! First day here I've already got a bad reputation.

Finlay stood there as Nicky ran off to their room. "Was it something I said?" Finlay asked as he looked at Blake. Blake simply just simply shrugged his shoulder. Both of them slowly looked towards the Arbok that they had been left with. "Uh... Come on Blake we should head off to bed as well, let's go," Finlay quickly paced back to his room trying to get away from the Arbok. Blake liked Finlay's idea and ran after him. They barged into their room, shut the door and instantly fell on their bed. They groaned as their bodies got comfortable in the soft mattress and duvet. They both just fell asleep before they could say or do anything more.

Nicky Woke up really late the next morning (Like always). He pated Jiggs "C'mon Jiggs, it's morning." Jiggs woke up, his other pokemon were already awake. "Ready?" They all noded "Then let's go!" Nicky told them. They all walked outside and looked around. I hope today I'll have another chance to make a friend. Nicky thought.

(OOC: I know that, since we're in Hoenn, Pokemon from Gen 1-3 are preferred, but my character is from Sinnoh, and has a Munchlax she received from her father. If VulpixNinetales doesn't like that, he just needs to let me know and I'll edit it to a different Pokemon.)

BIC: Through the entire events of the night, Nikki, Vernum, and Typhon were sleeping soundly. They were, as usual, all three dreaming about food. In the morning, all three of them would sit up in their bed, and stretch. "I know we slept in yesterday, but today is a new day! Today, we'll get to meet the others, and make some new friends!" she'd say to Vernum and Typhon. "Lax! Munch, Munchlax!" Vernum would nearly shout, clearly enthusiastic and agreeing with Nikki entirely. Typhon, on the other hand, would only give a slightly disappointed sounding grunt. "Oh, come on, Typhon. Tell you what, we'll stop and get some breakfast before we meet some of the others. How does that sound?" Nikki offered. Typhon would look up at her, looking more enthusiastic. "Tar! Larvitar!" Typhon would say, now almost as enthusiastic as Vernum.

After changing into her normal clothes, Nikki would walk out of her cabin, Vernum walking at her left, Typhon at her right.

Finlay woke up in bed with Blake beside him. He then realised that they simply just fell onto the bed and fell asleep last night. He looked at Blake's face and noticed a bit of drool oozing out of his mouth. "Ew... he's definitely my Pokemon," Finlay chuckled to himself. Finlay then gently nudged Blake in order to wake him up. "Wake up Blake it's morning," Finlay said as he got up and got ready. Blake sat up, yawn and stretched his body out on the bed. Blake the Tyrogue just simply rubbed his eyes whilst he watched Finlay get ready. "You sleep alright?" Finlay asked. Blake slowly nodded his head, since he was still half asleep and was driving in autopilot at the moment. "haha, don't worry you'll wake up soon," Finlay said. "Okay I'm ready, let's go Blake," Finlay stormed out of his room. Blake just sat there in silence since he was trying not to fall asleep again. Blake's head dropped almost falling asleep again but Blake reacted and decided to stand up to avoid going back to sleep. He looked around the room and realised that Finlay wasn't here. Blake looked out of his cabin poking his head out of the room door, but couldn't see where Finlay went. Blake had a worried look on his face as he started to panic at the thought of losing Finlay. Blake then noticed a trainer that had just walked out of his cabin. She had a Larvitar and a Munchlax by his side. Blake decided to run to the stranger hoping that they would help him find his trainer.

Last edited:
Vernum would turn at hearing Blake approach. Typhon would tense up, prepared for anything. Nikki, on the other ha d, would just crouch down and look at the approaching Pokemon. She'd say, "Hey little guy! Is something wrong?" Seeing that the Tyrogue had a worried expression, she herself was getting worried.

Blake had his hands on his chest and was simply looking around with his worried face. Blake felt hopeless and nervous without Finlay so he struggled to get the courage to speak to this trainer. He turned to Vernum with an upset face. "T-Ty-Tyrogue," Blake said with his eyes starting to water. Blake started to manically look around again.

"Did you lose your trainer, Tyrogue?" Nikki was already thinking of ways she could look for this Tyrogue's trainer. She was starting to get really worried.

Blake sharply turned to Nikki and nodded quickly since Nikki, hit the needle on the head, at assuming what's wrong. Finlay reached the open eating area/outside canteen and didn't hesitate to start picking out food to fill his plate. Finlay turned around to see what Blake chose for his breakfast, but was shocked to not see anything behind him. Finlay's stomach dropped as he thought. "Oh no...oh no...oh no oh no oh no oh no," as he started to look behind every table and object that was around him. "I thought he was walking behind, after me the entire time," Finlay put hands on his head, feeling stressed whilst looking around.

"Well..." She,d put her hand to her chin, thinking. She'd snap her fingers as she thought of something. "He must have gone somewhere like the Cafeteria, or the restroom. Let's check there!"