• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pinwheel Forest | Unova

Walker had no idea why she was doing this.

The young trainer had decided to explore the forest some more, get some pictures to send to mom. But, in all honesty, being in a dark forest filled with bug pokemon in the middle of the night wasn't Walker's best plan of spending a Saturday. She sat on a branch in a tall tree, she snapped some pictures with her camera. Walker felt a small tug on her sweater and she glanced beside her to see Sugar, her partner Archen. "What is it, Sugar?"

Sugar stretched out a wing and pointed below, a person. Who the heck would be out here? Some late night training maybe? Walker didn't know. She returned her pokemon to it's Pokeball and leapt down the tree, hoping to see what the heck this person was doing.

((OOC)) Not sure if joining this is ok but I guess I'll give it a go

Chrono Lavender was taking a stroll through the forest, leaves crunching underfoot, a whistling wind in the cold night air, all things he came here for, however he most certainly did not come here to play house with the aunt from hell. Chrono thought back to when his parents told him they had booked him a suprise trip to stay with his aunt in Unova he had been so overjoyed he almost screamed, however what he didn't know was that his aunt would be an obsessive science freak who was more interested in studying her damn dreams or something than making breakfast or stopping her only nephew from walking out of the house and ending up an entire city away in Nacrene. He sighed accepting his misfortune and brushing his honey brown fringe away to show his frigid blue eyes before stopping to remove some leaf litter from the shoulder of his leather jacket. Chrono let out yet another hearty sigh before looking down to his partner Winter the Teddiursa who plodded along sucking honey from his paws without a care in the world. The carefree expression on his partner's face have him some reassurance that good thing still existed in the world. Suddenly the duo heard an audible snap of a twig suddenly the carefree innocent look on Winter's face morphs into one of high alert with his paws glowing with orange energy, ready to unleash an explosive dynamic punch, "Who's there?" Chrono called into the misty woods...

Last edited by a moderator:
Walker, in her climb down the tree, had caught sight of Teddiursa. Her brown eyes lit up with excitement and she countinued recklessly to the ground. She was about a few yards away from the person and what looked like a Teddiursa, she flinched as she saw the small little Pokemon prepare a small punch. A Pokeball opened from her belt and out popped Pumpkin, her Haunter. "Pumpkin, calm down, we're not fighting so soon." Walker huffed to the ghost Pokemon.

"I'm here, you don't need to punch me to oblivion." Walker said sarcastically as she walked into view of the probably older man. Pumpkin hissed at the trainer and the teddiursa, so Walker ended up sending him to his Pokeball. "You'll have to excuse him, he doesn't like strangers."

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Friendly reminder that according to our rules, you ask a person to join a thread via a private message or profile message, not in the thread itself. Good grief, there is a giant message over the RP board yelling this at people, do people not read announcements anymore?

"It's ok Winter, how many times must I remind you that just because I don't know somebody doesn't immediately mean you have to punch them!" Chrono reprimanded the small Pokemon, his warm breath forming tendrils of chilling mist in the cold night air.

"It's alright, I understand it helps to have a protective Pokemon when walking around alone at night" he called to the female silhouette which had just emerged from the gnarled old tree up ahead. Saying this he glanced down at his own Pokemon guardian, who was still fully ready for battle.
"Winter it's ok they seem friendly enough," the tiny bear Pokemon nodded as its expression changed to a much more relaxed one. Not yet skilled enough to simply disperse the raw energy around its clenched fist the young Teddiursa unleashed the powerful attack on the ground beneath it causing a bright but small explosion around its fist that was disorientating to look at let alone get hit by, the attack caused a small spay of rubble around Chrono and also gave him a brief view of the trainer up ahead, female for sure a Pokemon perched on her shoulder with bright colours and heavy looking wings, something he had never seen before, Chrono wracked his brain for a matching name to the figure yet for the first time didn't even have a clue what the Pokemon could be.

Deciding not to strain his brain any longer Chrono settled on simply asking its trainer what the Pokemon was called another sequence of twigs snapping and leaves crinkling underfoot Chrono started off toward the female figure that had emerged from the old tree...

Walker didn't know what to think of the slightly scary pokemon that the other trainer kept at his side. She jumped slightly at the small, yet powerful, smashing to the ground. The female stood in shock, but shook it off and continued to listen to the male trainer. She nodded, huffing. "Why are you-?" She began to ask a question, but the Archen on her shoulder stopped her by screeching loudly, a common thing that happened for reasons even Walker couldn't answer, probably just trying to conversate. She watched as Chrono approached her and backed away a few steps, rather slow to trust him too quickly. Besides, Teddiursa hadn't made the best first impression.

Sugar had stopped screeching, and flew recklessly to the ground, pecking around the place. The trainer did a facepalm and faced Chrono. "Sooo, why are you here? Looking for Pokemon or something?" She finished her question quickly.

(OCC : Sorry this is slightly late, and muse is gone in this mind.)

Realising it would seem strange of him to simply ask the name of the brightly coloured bird Pokemon now pecking around on the ground and fearing that such a question may label him as a Pokemon thief checking to see if the Pokemon was rare Chrono devised a simpler solution. "Look," he said "I realise we may have gotten off on the wrong foot with the whole my Teddiursa smashing his fist into the ground thing but please don't take it the wrong way, Winter here just is‭n't quite skilled enough to simply get rid of the energy, thus the outburst of uhhhhhh, floor violence shall we say," Chrono explained apologetically "Since our Pokemon have a little pent up energy how about we introduce them to each other in a one versus one battle, look i'll go first. My name is Chrono Lavender I'm here on holiday from Johto and this is my partner , Winter the Teddiursa, who you may have noticed is a little protective of me," he chided, trying to lighten the mood, he glanced down at his amber coloured companion, who now had gone back to looking cuddly and cute.

((OOC: yeah don't worry I'm writing this at midnight so....BIC))

Walker looked back at Sugar as she listened to Chrono talk, it was the word 'battle' that sparked attention. She wasn't the best trainer in the world, but she loved battles. She listened more clearly to the other trainers speech and nodded, smirking. "Well, you're on. Name's Walker Horat, born and raised in Unova with my bud Sugar the Archen." She explained, pointed to the pecking Pokemon, which had found an energy root in the ground. Walker sighed, "Sugar, come here, and leave the root." She said calmly. The brightly colored bird trotted over, tilting its head at the teddisursa.

Takashi starts preparing lunch for himself and his three Pokemon not too far away from Walker and his Pokemon. "You guys hungry?" He asks his Pokemon. They all nod in agreement. "I wonder what other Pokemon we can find here...?" He says.

So the mysterious Pokemon was called Archen, Chrono squared up for battle, walking a couple of paced back and sending Winter forward toward the bird Pokemon, " prepare yourself Winter!" He called out to the orange ball of fuzz as it prepared for battle with the colourful bird Pokemon.