• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Version Exclusive Pokémon Revealed For Sun & Moon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Today a brand new trailer for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon was dropped and revealed some new version exclusive Pokémon within.

Lycanroc_Midday_Form_RGB_300dpi.png Lycanroc_Midnight_Form_RGB_300dpi.png

First up we have the two forms of Lycanroc (known as Lugarugan in Japan), who is the evolved form of Rockruff. Rockruff evolves into the Midday form or the Midnight form depending on the game in which it evolves in. Midday form is exclusive to Pokémon Sun while the Midnight form is exclusive to Pokémon Moon. Both forms are [type=rock][/type] types and can have the ability Keen Eye. The Midday form can also have the Sand Rush ability, while the Midnight form can have the Vital Spirit.

Passimian_RGB_300dpi.png
Next up we have Passimian, who is a [type=fighting][/type] type and can only be found in Pokémon Sun. Passimian has a brand new ability known as Receiver, which allows it to inherit the ability of an ally who has fainted in battle.

Oranguru_RGB_300dpi.png
Finally, we have Oranguru, who is exclusive to Pokémon Moon and a [type=normal][/type]/[type=psychic][/type] type. It has the ability Inner Focus or Telepathy.

Along with the new Pokémon two new Z moves have been revealed which are exclusive to Pikachu and Eevee.

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 21.30.38.png
Pikachu's Z move is known Catastropika and is said to be Pikachu's most powerful attack.

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 21.30.54.png
Meanwhile, the exclusive Z move for Eevee is known as Extreme Evoboost and grants Eevee a boost in Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed.

View attachment 371293

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oranguru seems to be fun to use in doubles (its new move and Telepathy make using EQ and Surf all the better). Still finding Pikachu's Z-move adorable and Eevee's vaguely magical girl-esque for some reason. I assume they can't use their respective Z-moves once they evolve, though <<

Lycanroc midday FOR THE WIN!!!
All these Pokemon have interesting things to them. And they said that they were reverting to simplicity??

Anyone else a little disappointed that Eevee's Z-Move is a bit... Well... Useless? Eevee on it's own has horrendous stats being a first stage pokemon, and going based on Snorlax's example, it doesn't look like we'll be able to give it an eviolite so that it would be able to make use of the stat boosts in VGC... Smogon players might be able to enjoy it in Little Cup matches though, assuming this doesn't get banned for that tier. Just my thoughts on that. Same kinda goes for Pikachu's Z-move as well, though Pikachu boasts better base stats than Eevee, so it might see more use. I love Oranguru though, although since I'm set on getting pokemon Sun, I'll have to trade for one. Doesn't bother me much as long as I get one named Harambe. XD

Nooo, The Lycanrock I want is in Pokemon Sun! Why are all the Sun Moon Pokemon I like in Pokemon Dum gangit! I cri every tem.

Thats it! Ive joined the Sun Rushers!

I've been looking around and found this:

Now I'm the king of the VGC
Oranguru's the meta VIP
I've reached OU and had suspect
And that's what's botherin' me

I wan'na be a trainer, trainer-cub
And bike right into town
And be just like the other trainers
I'm tired of Poké-in' around

O RAN GURU
I wan'na be like you-u-u