• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Lino Region.

OOC and post forms here:
http://pokecharms.com/threads/the-lino-region.13925/

Please sign up over there, do not enter randomly, and I can report that to a moderator.

People who can post:
@VulpixNinetales, @Honolulu the Vaporeon, @TrappedNutCase , and @Quintessa
Gavin went to Prof. White's lab. It seemed a bit big, because of the big research area, and the many pokeballs for the starting pokemon. He went to Prof. White and he said, "Oh, hello Gavin. I got a message from your mother that you were getting a starting pokemon today. We have a lot of pre-evolved pokemon on the big table." the professor said. "Alright then, I'll take one." Gavin repiled. He looked at the starter pre-evolved pokemon's balls, and they had a picture of the species next to them.

He saw a picture of a Hopip, and it looked cool, strong, and cute all at the same time. "I'll take this pokemon.." Gavin said to Prof. White.

"Alrighty then, it is yours." Prof. White said, giving Gavin the pokeball.

"Thanks!" Gavin replied, grabbing the pokeball.

Gavin sent out his Hopip, and he said to it, "Ready to start our Pokemon Journey, Hopip?"

Hopip nodded yes.

Last edited:
Lois ran in seconds after Gavin had received his Hoppip. "Oh, good. I got here on time." She said. Lois turned to Prof. White. "I'm here to get my starter Pokemon." she said. Lois looked at the pictures of the species that were next to the pokeballs. She spotted the one with a picture of an Oshawott. Something clicked. "I'll choose this one." Lois said. She picked up the pokeball. "Alright then, it's yours." Prof. White said. "Awesome." Lois said. She let the Oshawott out of the pokeball. "Ready to start our Pokemon journey?" she asked the Oshawott. "Oshawott!!" Oshawott said. Oshawott nodded eagerly.

Case sighed, clutching the yin yang necklace she had placed around her neck. She wanted a Pokémon of course, but she was new to the whole outside thing, being sickly most of the time during her childhood. She walked up to Professor White's lab, and slowly opened the door to the large lab. "E-Excuse me." She said skittishly before being directed to the table. Case looked over the poke-balls and accidently bumped into the table, causing a poke-ball to roll off the table, and pop open. "A-Ah!" She gasped at her own stupidity. Out of the poke-ball, popped out a azure colored bird Pokémon. "Piplup!" The Pokémon ran over and rubbing against her leg. "O-Okay, I guess you're my partner. Nice to meet you Piplup." "Lup!" Piplup greeted back.

Gavin rushed down Appletree City (where the lab is, also the starting town) and he got to Route 1. There were a lot of cool pokemon there, including Eevee, Vulpix, Dragonair, Pichu and Pikachu, and Absol. He decided to catch some Pokemon here, when he encountered a Helioptlie right in front of his very own eyes. "Hopip, let's go!" Gavin said, sending Hopip to battle. The Helioptile was faster, so it attacked first. The Helioptile attacked with a very powerful Thunder Shock, and it hit Hopip only a bit, because Grass is immune to Electric. Hopip attacked with Tackle, and it attacked fully. The Helioptile was only level 6, so it attacked for harder. Helioptile used Pound, but Hopip dodged it by a scratch.

"Pokeball!" said Gavin, throwing it at the Helioptile. The ball shaked one, two, and three! Helioptile was caught!

"Oh, yeah! I caught a Helioptile!" Gavin laughed. "Hopip, return. You did awesome."

Hopip- LVL 9
Helioptile-- LVL 6

Case walked slowly down the road, Piplup securely in her frail arms. As she walked, she could hear the bushes rustling and out came a small Vulpix, only one white tail poking out, meaning it was a baby. The Vulpix growled and shot out a weak ember that made soot cover Case's face. "Piplup, use peck." Piplup jumped out of her arms, and smashes into the young fire type with her flying type move. "Now Bubble." She directed as the Vulpix started into a tackle. The azure penguin opened her beak and hit the Fox with her bubble attack. "Go poke-ball." She said gently. After a few shakes, the Vulpix was hers.

Lois got to Route 1 and spotted a Cyndaquil. She threw out a pokeball. "Go Scallop, use Tackle." she said. Scallop obeyed. Cyndaquil dodged the attack. Cyndaquil used Ember. The Oshawott dodged it. Scallop used tackle again. It connected, and Cyndaquil landed on his feet. "Use Leer, then follow up with Tackle." Lois said. Scallop obeyed. The Cydnaquil still stood, but barely. "Now finish it off with Water Gun." Lois said. The Oshawott obeyed and the Cyndaquil fainted."Go pokeball." Lois said as she threw a pokeball at the Cyndaquil. After three shakes the Cyndaquil was caught. She smiled. "Good job Scallop. Return." Lois said.

Gavin continued walking down the path, also seeing two girl trainers right behind him. He always did 'competition' versus other trainers. He did go to the Hoenn league as well, so he wasn't 'new to the Pokemon world' anymore. He then saw item on the ground, and it looked like a potion on there. He rushed over there, and it looked like he claimed it himself. He then trotted down the road, almost near coming Route 2.

The boy from earlier was some distance ahead of Lois. Trainers usually did 'competitions' with each other. She knew this from past experiences. Lois smiled to herself. 'Perhaps I should get acquainted with one of my fellow trainers.' she thought. Lois ran up to Gavin. "Hello." she said to him.

"Uhh.. hi,"said Gavin, who was usually shy. "Do you want to battle?" Gavin asked Lois. It was getting a bit colder at Route 1, so more Ice types got closer. Gavin saw some raindrops too, even more Water type Pokemon were appearing. He shivered a bit very coldly. It starting raining more harshly on the ground, or maybe had a chance for a thunderstorm later, or it would have just rained so hard. Some mud as made from dirt and the water mixed from the rain.

"Sure." Lois said. She threw out a pokeball. "Scallop, lets go." Lois cried out. Scallop appeared in a flash of light. "Oshawott." he said. Scallop was eager to start the battle. Lois smiled. 'This should be interesting.' she thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If she's doing that Pokemon, I should do this one!" Gavin thought to himself, as this was his first trainer Pokemon in the amazing and beautiful Lino Region. "Go, Helioptile!" he said, throwing his Helioptile's pokeball out. He put his coat out of his backpack, and wore it. "Who should take the first move?" Gavin asked Lois. It started to rain a bit harder , and some Pokemon were maybe going to watch Gavin's and Lois' battle.

'This will be interesting.' Lois thought. Scallop was unphased by Gavin's choice. "I'll start." Lois said. "Scallop, use Tackle." she said. "Oshawott." Scallop said. He tackled the Helioptile.

"Helioptile, try to dodge! Helioptile couldn't because the water Pokemon attacked quicker and faster. "Use Thunder Shock, as powerful as you can!" Gavin commanded Helioptile, and it shot a unbelievable Thunder Shock, and it started to run to hit on the Oshwatt with a lot of strength and power, but the rain was raining hard now, and it got over the grass.

"Scallop, dodge." Lois said. Scallop dodged the charging Helioptile. "Now use Water Gun." she said. "Oshawott." Scallop said. He fired a Water Gun at the Helioptile. The force of the attack was capable of sending the Helioptile flying.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Tom Anderson arrived at the lab. He was greeted by the assistants and finally he met the professor. Tom looked at the poke balls. He wanted a pokemon that was cool but different at the same time. There was a pokeball in an assistant's hand. He was placing it on top of the shelf.
"I'll take that one!" He shouted and he pointed towards it.
"Are you sure? This one hasn't been accepted by most trainers."
"Yes!"
The assistant handed him the pokeball and a Tyrogue came out. The Tyrogue smiled at him and they instantly took a liking to each other.
"Cool!"
Moments later Tom had ran out of the lab and was heading for the first route where the others had been.

Felicity, or Dusk as she liked to be called, waltzed into the lab gracefully. Well, she thought it was graceful. She was stumbling in her new boots that were a size and a half too big because she probably wouldn't have the chance to get new ones on her journey. Dusk pushed up her new glasses and adjusted her scarf, she had a pit in her stomach. The Pokemon she chose today was her partner forever, her starter Pokemon. Just the thought of picking ONE Pokemon sent her into deep thought. What types are good for the gyms? What are its stats? it's abilitys? moveset? Dusk shook those thoughts away, she was always an over thinker.

" Hello." Dusk said, hiding her racing mind. She looked at the bottom shelf's right corner, it was darker and more dust. Trainers probably didn't choose those Pokemon much, so she thought she should show them some affection. The three Pokemon on the edge of the shelf were Cacnea, Elgyem, and....Porygon. Porygon, the Virtual Pokemon that was made entirely out of code and programming. She wanted that one, since she had always enjoyed coding in school.

" I want that one, professor." Dusk said, pointing to the Porygon's pokeball. The professor gave her the pokeball and then sent Dusk on her way. Once Dusk left the lab, she released her new companion. " Hello there! I'm Dusk!" she said, smiling down at the Pokemon. It was only 2'7, so the Porygon flew up to her height and buzzed happily. " I'm gonna name you..Agate! How's Agate?" Dusk asked. Agate nodded it's pixelated head, making an 8-bit sound of agreement. " alright buddy, let's go!" Dusk said, walking onward onto the first route.

Tom began in the first route by fighting as many pokemon he could. Tyrogue only knew tackle and low kick. There was a Pichu who stood out from the rest of the pokemon. The Pichu gavemTyrogue a zap. "After him! Use low kick!" Pichu fell to the ground. "Go poke ball!" And a poke ball flew towards Pichu before wobbling 3 times. Tom nodded.

Dusk walked around the route, looking at a guidebook for a base. She had two empty pokeballs, and there were two Pokémon she wanted to catch on the route. " we need to cover your weakness, fighting.There are also two Pokémon on this route that can cover them... where are they..." Dusk said. She saw a boy around the area who had recently caught a Pichu. " Have you seen any Gothitas? Maybe a Murcrow?" She asked. Agate buzzed, searching the area.

"Sorry" said Tom, turning around " I haven't. I've only been able to see normal types and electric types so far. I hear that water types move here when it rains though. What's you're name? Do you know the way to the first Gym? I am called Tom."

" Interesting..." Dusk said, looking around carefully. " Agate! Over here! I'll be right back, Tom!" she said, rushing over to the wild Gothita.
" Um...use...what do you know?" Dusk said. " Use tackle!"
Agate charged at the Gothita, who fell down from the impact. Gothita used a weak confusion on the Porygon. Agate's eyes swirled as they waited for an action from their trainer. Dusk threw a pokeball at the Gothita. " Once..twice...Yes! I got it!" she said excitedly.

Crystal was angry. She was angry at her stupid brother, she was angry at the lack of respect towards her, even from Professor White. The odd look she received from the professor only infuriated her further as she whirled her hands in front of her.

Clearly, the professor wasn't used to people like her, people who aren't up to her all nightly level. And so Crystal huffed, her eyes potraying her anger like a painting as she snatched the first pokeball she saw. She signed a quick thank you and stormed out of the lab before Prof. White had a chance to anger her further.

"Wait!"

Crystal turned, the pokeball in hand. Professor White clearly had run from the lab to catch up, "That Pokemon...is a verbal learner."

Crystal was furious, until the Professor switched out the red and white pokeball for a pastel pink love ball. Crystal raised a brow, slightly more relaxed now that the Pokemon professor seemed to be taking her more seriously. She signed thank you again, even though she could tell that the professor didn't understand. Professor White gave a smile, "I was given that one back from another trainer about two weeks ago, because she can't hear anything. Before she was given back to me though, the trainer had her be taught sign language at some boot camp. You're probably the only trainer who will ever be able to train her."

Crystal nodded slowly, before releasing the Pokemon from its ball. The little fox like Pokemon let out a small squeak, and shook out its chest fur, "Eevee?"

Crystal smiled. The Eevee seemed unsure, "Eve?"

Crystal signed a quick hello. The Eevee's ears perked up. Crystal grinned, and thanked Professor White. Perhaps her day would go better than she thought. She reached down and picked up the Eevee, tucking the love ball onto her belt.

The Eevee's tail swished as the pair walked off.