• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Life On The Road

Every child, in every region across the globe is able to go to their local laboratory, choose a pokemon, and go on a journey of their choosing once they turn ten. They travel around, challenging gyms, contests and showcases, collecting badges, princess keys and ribbons... And when it's all over, they can go home to their parents, and celebrate their achievements with the ones they love...

Or not.

For every trainer who has a loving family and home to go back to after their league battles and grand festival performances are over, there are at least ten who don't. Trainers whose families died while they were out on the road. Trainers who have been disowned or kicked out. Trainers who must stay on the road indefinitely, with no-one to turn to except each other and their pokemon friends. Here we follow the stories of these trainers, as they go for their dreams, and survive together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose lay beneath a tree with Mimi, her Lopunny, snuggled into her chest. The sky was like a sheet of navy velvet, atop which was a generous sprinkling of bright white stars. The moon's reflection wobbled in the surface of Lake Verity, as the chirruping cries of wild pokemon could be heard.

Rose didn't have a sleeping bag, or even a pillow on which to rest her head. But sleeping out here under the stars was divine.

"Beautiful, isn't it, Mimi?" she asked the big rabbit, playing with her fluffy ears.

"Lopunny!" Mimi answered. With no-one out here to bother them, it was perfect out here..

Last edited:
Name: Jade
appearance: She wears a pair of tan slacks and a purple t-shirt with a brown jacket. She also has bandages all over her lower arms and hands with cuts beneath them. Jade has long black hair that is always let down.
Personally: She is very happy, but at the same time very pro-suicide. Jade considers her self friendly to other and likes to joke. Her motto is to have a happy and eventful suicide.
Backstory: Jade started her journey about 12 year ago. While on her adventure her only family, her uncle, died for a sickness. Thanks to her not being close to him, he left his will to his wife and child leaving Jade on her own.

Pokemon:
Name: Strip
Species: Seviper
Personality: He is a true loner from living with Jade. Most commonly he is behind Jade wait to do somthing. Strip doesn't mind Jades suicide attempts since she does it a lot but always seam to fail.
Backstory: He is Jades only Pokemon since she let the rest go for some reason. When he first met Jade, he tried everything to make sure his trainer didn't actually kill herself, but that was soon level out as she just continued.
---------------------------------------
Jade looked over the lake from her point in the tree she had climbed. "Hey strip, you think this is good?" She asked her seviper who was just below her. "Seviper. (Sure.)" He said bored. Jade nodded with a small smile. "Take I guess one." Jade said as she let go off the branch. Her black hair blew around her as she fell and hit the cold water. Jades head hit a rock as her body when in deaper, nocking her unconscious. Her pokemn watched as she body floated up to the surface before slowly falling back down. "Sevi...(wow you even failed that....)" He said.

"Lop! Lopunny!"

Rose turned her head up at the sound of Mimi's cries. Rhythmic splashes of water closed over what appeared to be a human girl, who floated unconscious near the tree that she and her darling lopunny lay by. An apathetic seviper watched as the girl sank into the water, only letting out what sounded like annoyed cries.

"Arceus damn it," Rose grumbled. Her hopes of a quiet night away from civilization were dashed. Now she, was probably going to have to be a good Samaritan, and ferry the girl to a hospital, or something.

She returned Mimi, and instead, got out Sayaka, her lapras, settling on the plesiosaur's shell in a hurry. The water rippled with each stroke of the pokemon's fins, further disturbing the reflection of the moon.

Rose dragged the girl from the water and ferried her to the bank of the lake, to begin CPR.

Strip watched this transaction. He cna really assume what Jades action would be, since she was know as unpredictable. Jade suddenly coughed and sat up. "Ugg what?" She said as she looked around. Jade saw the trainer and her pokemon and knew what happened. "Strip." Jade said turning to her pokemon, "try to remember this spot." "Seviper (whatever)." Strip said as his trainer turned to the other trainer. "Well hello" Jade said to her.

"I saved your life, and that's all you have to say to me?" Rose scoffed, brushing the dust off of her trousers as she hurried to stand up. "You were on the verge of drowning out in the lake! If I hadn't found you when I did, you would've been a dead woman!"

She returned Sayaka to her pokeball as she packed her stuff up, and got out her drifblim, Mari. The big balloon's feelers swung gaily about as she floated atop Rose.

"I don't know how much water you swallowed, but we should get a doctor to look at you anyway," the girl continued, "If we don't, there's a chance you could die from secondary drowning. Grab onto Mari, and she'll carry us to a hospital."

"Did you hear that, strip?" Jade said excitedly to the snake pokemon, "So this wasnt a complete fail!" "Seviper sevip (I would consider it a fail since you didnt die and I dont think you would did from that water in your lungs)." Stip stated as he looked wearily at the balloon pokemon.

The blonde stopped right in front of her pokemon, upon hearing those words. Her eyes widened, and her mouth gaped open. For the first time in what felt like forever, she was in a state of genuine shock.

A suicide attempt. But how could she be so casual about ending her own life? The magnitude of what she had just done seemed to evade her entirely.

Turning back around to face the girl, Rose swallowed as she uttered, "You... You wanted to die out here?"

"Well...yea?" Jade replied. She thought it was ovius but some people doent get it first becouse of her happy nature. "I have tryed many times before." She said causally as she undid one of her bandages. Her wrist had many cuts on it and drived blood as she sjowed it to strip. The pokemon then used it sharp tail to form two new cuts in an x fashion. Jade then redid her bandages before continuing. "The fun part is that every just looks at me stange. I dont really get it though." Jade said putting her hands in her pokets.

Mari hovered above her mistress' shoulders as she stepped back once more, eyes widening even further as her mouth finally closed.

"You're a special kind of nuts, aren't you?" Rose scoffed, bring her hands to her hips, "Of course people look at you funny. You're trying to kill yourself, and you seem to be rather excited about that fact! What, is everyone you ever loved dead, or something?" she finished, with a half-mocking tone.

"Hey I am depressed and stuff." Jade said taking offence to those words, "Well its not true I dont have any family. I have an aunt and a cousin." Jade though back to what she said. Suiside was just a little thing she does. Jade considered it the best posible way to live, but many people dont think of it that way. Strip looked at the shocked trainer. He had seen this reaction many times before so he wasnt fased by the trainer reaction.

This looks fun!

Name: Aspen
Personality: Aspen is very loyal to her friends, and hates to see people hurt. She considers herself somewhat funny, even though people tend to not laugh at her attempts of jokes. Aspen doubts that it will ever happen, but wants to someday become a Professor.
Appearance: Aspen has shoulder-length brown hair and blue eyes. She wears a pink tee-shirt under a blue jacket. Aspen also wears jeans, dark blue sneakers, and a dark blue scarf.

Pokemon

Name: Ashley
Species: Quilava

Name: Cloud
Species: Altaria

Name: Max
Species: Pidgeot

Aspen was walking by Lake Veriety. She had that empty feeling in her stomach again, having failed to get any food. Her legs felt wobbly with exhaustion, and she wondered how much further she could go. Ashley walked by Aspen's feet, urging her to keep going and find something to eat. Aspen always gave her partners the food before she ate. Perhaps even if she keeled over, her Pokemon would be able to make it. Cloud floated above her head, humming as Altaria tend to do. Max was perched on its Trainer, conserving energy. Aspen saw the two people from across the lake. "Max," She said, "Do you think you could go across there and see if they could help us?" Max flew off immediately.

Rose shook her head. "Maybe you should stick with me. I can't risk leaving someone who's at risk both of secondary drowning, and suicide alone, can I?"

She rooted around in her bag, eventually finding a long, microfiber towel. She threw it at the girl as she closed the backpack, and straightened up again. "Dry yourself off with this. I'd tell you that it was so that you don't get hypothermia, but I don't think that telling that would do someone like you any good."

Max flew to the Drifblim. The bird Pokemon motioned to its Trainer and said that they needed help. Aspen watched this from afar, hoping that the Trainers and Pokemon had hearts and would help her and her partners. Ashley stepped away from its Trainer and blazed its fires up, creating a flare-like effect and showing where they were.

Jade watched the pokemon with interest just as strip called. She turned to her pokemon just as she saw the flare-like thing. "I think they need help." Jade said just as strip took off slithering in that direction, "ok then." The trainer then headed also in that direction, grabbing her bag on the way.

Max flew after them, glad that they would help out its Trainer. Aspen saw this and tried to smile a little. "Maybe I won't die," She said, and Cloud floated towards the girl and Seviper that were presumably helping. It broke the humming occasionally with a happy chirp. Aspen chuckled and began walking after Cloud, Ashley following behind.

Rose followed with Mari in tow, retrieving her towel along the way. She'd probably have to wash it later, but for now, it couldn't be helped.

Approaching the girl and her pokemon with her usual, low swung gait, Rose shrugged her bag off. How many good deeds would she be roped into doing tonight?

"You called?" she said snippily, plucking a thorn from her top.

Aspen was glad that these people were going to help, but she knew that this was going to be a very awkward conversation. That said, her life was more valuable than her ego. "Do you have any food?" She asked. Being homeless and always starving hadn't exactly brought her the best of fortune. Often, she would wind up getting forced off. "I haven't eaten for a while." Max returned to the girl and perched on her shoulder again.

Rose stared at the girl curiously, examining her with narrowed eyes. Was this girl new to the whole homelessness thing? Or did she just not know how to fend for herself, out in the wild. Either way, she was going to need her help.

"The soil around here is very damp, so it's the perfect environment for oran berries to grow," she explained coolly, "There's a huge tree near the lake bank, which has plenty. Or, if you want something more substantial, and you're not squeamish, then you can try fishing for magikarp. This lake's crawlin' with 'em."

Last edited:
"Thank you," Aspen said. Wow, she seems to know this place pretty well! She thought. Then she looked towards the riverbank that the girl had mentioned. "Guess I'm off," She had a happier tone in her voice, a little brighter. If she could set up somewhat of a camp near this riverbank, then maybe she could survive. Aspen began walking to the riverbank, and looked around. Sure enough, there were Magikarp leaping out of the water.

Jade rummaged through her bag to pull out a water-prof bag filled with berries. "I had food." She said as she pulled out a cherie berrie and took a bit out of it, "It is really easy to get them here." Strip looked at the trainer who was now at the bank. Jade put the rest of the berries in her bag.

Rose sat cross-legged at the river bank, getting her fishing rod out of her bag. She plucked a stray weedle from the ground, and speared it with the sharp hook of the end of the line.

"You know how to fish, right?" the girl enquired, setting her sights on a slow-swimming magikarp ahead, "Cast the line out, then wait for a bite."

Jade watched as the girl tryed to teach the hungry girl how to fish just as an idea formed into her head. As small smile formed as Strip looked at her. "Seviper" He said in an annoyed fashion. "Yep!" She said as she started to head away from the girls. Jade headed around the lake till she was about out of view. She put her bag down and climbed onto a tree that was over the lake. "This time I got it." Jade said excitedly as Strip curled up to sleep, "Take two."

Name: Eli
Personality: Is easy to tell is sad, but try's to stay positive.
Appearance: A little bit of ragged blue clothes, and broken red sneakers.

Pokemon: Minun (Nicknamed Nega)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eli was walking towrds a river bank, hoping to get a drink. He told his Minun, Nega, "It will be alright! there's a river up here." Eli saw a couple trainers by the river, came up to them and asked, "How ya doing?" in the best tone he could.