• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Latest Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Trailer Highlights New Story Arc and More

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Delta_episode.png

Earlier today the Pokémon Company International released a gameplay trailer highlighting new features within the upcoming Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire remakes, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, most notably being the special scenario known as the Delta Episode. You can check out the trailer for yourself below:

The Delta Episode is a brand new story arc unique to Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Its story revolves around a gigantic asteroid that's on a collision course with the planet, the history of the Hoenn region and origins of Mega Evolution, and a mysterious girl named Zinnia. Rayquaza and Deoxys are also set to play significant roles within the story, as will Steven, Wallace, Team Magma and Team Aqua, and the Mossdeep Space Center. Sounds like quite the party, eh? It would appear that an event from 3,000 years in Hoenn's past is connected to the asteroid's appearance but further details are currently shrouded in mystery.

ENG_Pok_monORAS_Nov_002.jpg
Global_Pok_monORAS_Nov_006.jpg

Not much is currently known about Zinnia, who travels with a Salamence and a Whismur, but it has been said that she holds the key to the fate of the world. It's also been noted that Zinnia wears a Mega Anklet (seen in her artwork below) that holds the Key Stone to allow her Salamence to Mega Evolve.

Zinnia_Amaryllis_Lyris_Amal.png

The trailer also revealed more information regarding various legendary Pokémon that you're able to encounter within Mirage Spots with usage of Soar. The featured legendaries included Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Cresselia, and Heatran. It's been stated that encounters with these legendaries will vary depending on which version of the games you're playing.

nov_p15_05_fsn.jpg

Like within the original generation III titles, you'll once again be able to encounter and capture Regirock, Regice, and Registeel by deciphering ancient messages that are scattered throughout the Hoenn region. However, this time around if you capture all three of the trio, and have met certain conditions within the games, you'll also be able to encounter and capture Regigigas.

The trailer finished off by reminding international players that they're able to transfer a Glalie holding its Mega Stone, obtainable within the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version, to their full copies of the games. Be sure to check out the demo if you've yet to do so, which requires a download code to obtain from the 3DS eShop. If you're in need of a download code feel free to request one within our demo code request topic on the Pokécharms forums and someone may be able to help you out!

Last edited:

YueliaBreeze

Formerly Midnight Midna, MoonSnow
I flipped my table as soon as i saw the riding on Rayquaza thing i was like holy hell fire and that girl in the up coming anime trailer for Delta emerald at first i thought she was a guy when i saw the in game sprite till people was like she got boobs on twitter x'DDD but this news is awesome as hell looking forward for the uk release in 13 days time.

This was one of the most amazing revelations I've seen in a ages. Not only does this mean there will be a more in-depth storyline for the post game, but Pokémon's now taking leaps and bounds with the fact that we're actually going to space. Plus, Zinnia looks like one of the more interesting characters I've seen in a while

YueliaBreeze

If there's one thing that I can say about this news, aside from the fact that the mere existence of the Delta Episode and everything it entails is awesome... That promotional artwork looks amazing. :x
When people talk about Delta Emerald it makes you feel like they could be working on a emerald remake as well to tie in with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire dunno why it makes me think that dunno if it makes others think about it as well.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
When people talk about Delta Emerald it makes you feel like they could be working on a emerald remake as well to tie in with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire dunno why it makes me think that dunno if it makes others think about it as well.

I feel it implies the opposite actually. I'm thinking that Rayquaza's, specifically Mega Rayquaza's, involvement in the Delta Episode is somewhat of a tribute to the Emerald version due to the unlikelihood of it being remade as well. That being said, it's already been stated that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire aren't 100% true to the original Ruby/Sapphire plots (which is obvious enough with the involvement of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, but hey!) so maybe the games will include bits of Emerald's plot points as well. It won't be much longer now until we know everything firsthand! :)

YueliaBreeze

I feel it implies the opposite actually. I'm thinking that Rayquaza's, specifically Mega Rayquaza's, involvement in the Delta Episode is somewhat of a tribute to the Emerald version due to the unlikelihood of it being remade as well. That being said, it's already been stated that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire aren't 100% true to the original Ruby/Sapphire plots (which is obvious enough with the involvement of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, but hey!) so maybe the games will include bits of Emerald's plot points as well. It won't be much longer now until we know everything firsthand! :)
Oh now i see i was confused even though the main protag's have the emerald bag and yet they had the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire gear on at the same time so i was confused on that but thank's for the detail. :D

OH. MY. GOD. THE DELTA EPISODE, YOU FLY ON MEGA RAYQUAZA TO SPACE AND FIGHT DEOXYS. MY MIND IS BLOWN. GOOD JOB NINTENDO, YOU BETTER NOT SCREW THIS UP.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gosh this reminds me so much of one of the Advanced Gen movies... I think it was Movie 7? XD I don't really remember much of the movie though. But damn, we get to go to space and also get Deoxys? <333 Also more footage of seeing Mega Rayquaza is always welcome. Because why not.

Zinnia's design is really cool~ I love her outfit so much. I wonder what mega she has~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Zinnia's design is really cool~ I love her outfit so much. I wonder what mega she has~

As mentioned above, she apparently uses a Mega Salamance. ^^
I suppose that explains certain designs on her chest... xp
(But I quite like her design, too!)

Edit: Munchie inb4'd me. I'm too sloooow </3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Something that I found interesting was a bit of text regarding Mega Rayquaza on Pokemon.com: "The Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza is said to achieve Mega Evolution in a unique way, unlike other Pokémon, due to its unique biology."

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this is explained in the games, as well as what the origin of Mega Evolution actually is (which apparently the Delta Episode will reveal). As others have said already, I really hope that this is handled nicely. Lots of possibilities and potential for it to be a great new side-story for the Pokemon RPG canon. :)

Also, I couldn't figure out how to fit this artwork into my news article but:
Mega_rayquaza_vs_deoxys.png

So damn awesome. ♥

OMG The riding Mega Raquaza footage, looks so awesome! Finally, we're getting to go into outer space! The new female char looks cool too! :D I am so excited for these games!! ♥

Earlier today the Pokémon Company International released a gameplay trailer highlighting new features within the upcoming Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire remakes, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, most notably being the special scenario known as the Delta Episode. You can check out the trailer for yourself below:

The Delta Episode is a brand new story arc unique to Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Its story revolves around a gigantic asteroid that's on a collision course with the planet, the history of the Hoenn region and origins of Mega Evolution, and a mysterious girl named Zinnia. Rayquaza and Deoxys are also set to play significant roles within the story, as will Steven, Wallace, Team Magma and Team Aqua, and the Mossdeep Space Center. Sounds like quite the party, eh? It would appear that an event from 3,000 years in Hoenn's past is connected to the asteroid's appearance but further details are currently shrouded in mystery.

Not much is currently known about Zinnia, who travels with a Salamence and a Whismur, but it has been said that she holds the key to the fate of the world. It's also been noted that Zinnia wears a Mega Anklet (seen in her artwork below) that holds the Key Stone to allow her Salamence to Mega Evolve.

The trailer also revealed more information regarding various legendary Pokémon that you're able to encounter within Mirage Spots with usage of Soar. The featured legendaries included Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Cresselia, and Heatran. It's been stated that encounters with these legendaries will vary depending on which version of the games you're playing.

Like within the original generation III titles, you'll once again be able to encounter and capture Regirock, Regice, and Registeel by deciphering ancient messages that are scattered throughout the Hoenn region. However, this time around if you capture all three of the trio, and have met certain conditions within the games, you'll also be able to encounter and capture Regigigas.

The trailer finished off by reminding international players that they're able to transfer a Glalie holding its Mega Stone, obtainable within the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version, to their full copies of the games. Be sure to check out the demo if you've yet to do so, which requires a download code to obtain from the 3DS eShop. If you're in need of a download code feel free to request one within our demo code request topic on the Pokécharms forums and someone may be able to help you out!
I think Zinnia is related to Emma from X and Y. They're both Post Game characters, black hair, have a cute pokemon sidekick(Whismur, Espurr) and they both are very mysterious.

YueliaBreeze

To be honest USA get's this games before the uk does so for me i dunno what to do for a week till i get my hands on a copy of these games so far they have blown my mind and think about what 7th gen would like after this if they made it Oras is going to be amazing but till us brits for me i might just play Pokemon X/Y till the friday after next week after usa gets these games and i will be watching lets plays of the game cause i wanna see what they changed in everything cause as one youtuber said it's the detail and story that blows most people away.