• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Journey of Types

C.C thankfully finished dinner without letting Flayke get a bite. The begging Pokemon began pouting, making over dramatic cries into her jacket. The girl huffed, throwing her hands in the air in exasperation. "I'll give you a Poke Puff if you apologize for begging and quite whining!" she groaned.

Flayke ceased being annoying, lowering his ears as if ashamed. "Glace, Glaceon." then he perked up once more, ears alert, anxious to get a Poke Puff. Just to annoy him back C.C clearly searched through her hip pouches at a pace slower than leisurely.

Kace sat silently with his egg in his lap. His plate was already half empty because he was so hungry. He learned his lesson after choking on some rice. He ate steadily still though, the food was really good. He made a thumbs up to Brent when he caught his eyes, too hungry to use words. He shielded his eyes at the coming of a new Pokemon from Brent's egg. An Abra! I've never seen that Pokemon! He quickly dug in his backpack for the notebook and wrote down the name. After seeing this hatching he was really excited about his own egg hatching. He was also very frustrated at the fact that Brent's egg hatched and not his. He had been waiting for almost a week for his partner to hatch. But seeing the chilly Glaceon running about reminded him to think positively about his situation. He shoveled in the last of his food and yawned loudly. He turned to look over at Brent who had a puzzled look on his face. It seemed that the shy hatch-ling had gone missing. Kace scanned the room for any sign of it; it had completely vanished.

(OOC: No offense whatsoever PowerTuff, but can you please try and post more than a couple sentences? It's hard to reply to something so short and plain :/ )

Robby laughed silently at the hungry Glaceon as his trainer teased him, "come on C.C. The little guy's hungry." He smirked. "I think he's learned his lesson." He stroked the Glaceon's cold tail, having never touched one before. Abby, finished with her meal, hopped into Robby's lap her knife life horn hitting him in the face, "Abby!" He exclaimed startledly.

The Absol cooed in an apologetic way and laid her head down, closing her eyes. Eclipse walked near the Glaceon again, still curious about him. She's never met another Eeveelution before.

C.C smirked at the annoyed Glaceon, before pulling out a special Autumn Pokepuff, giving the treat to a very delighted Eeveelution. Flayke twitched his tail, though didn't flinch away from the trainers touch, instead he leapt down, and after nibbling a little less than half the treat offered the rest to the fellow shiny. Flayke twitched an ear, awaiting a response. C.C couldn't help but smile a little, "What a little gentleman," she muttered to herself amused.

Eclipse slightly jumped back at the sudden generosity of the other eeveelution, and after a small hesitation, she ate the rest of the treat with a slight purr. She slightly flicked her tail as a thank you to Flayke before laying down by her trainers side shutting her eyes.

Robby slightly grumbled as, along with Eclipse, Abby had shut her eyes too falling asleep. Of course though, Gem wouldn't sleep. Seeing the advantage of his trainer stuck in his chair, he giggled as he ran to the other side of the table picking up food as he went stuffing it into his mouth. Robby laid his head back over the chairs top, and let out a long groan seeing he couldn't physically stop Gem or put him in his ball without waking the Pokémon risking a slice in the face.

"You win this time." He grumbled towards Gem, who was happily sat in the middle of the table surrounded by foods of sorts. He cheerfully began stuffing his face once again.

C.C laughed, "Let him stuff his face will ya? Then in the morning when he gets a stomach ache you can say 'I told you so' " She smiled, before yawning. "Have fun loosing feeling in your legs" She chuckled, before walking into the bathroom. She quickly washed up and changed into nightwear, curling up in one of the beds. She was out within seconds, and soon Flayke settled himself down as well, curling up into a cool ball of fur right on top of C.C's face.

Dylan, a Water-Type Trainer was looking at the battle. The battle between "Alpha" and "Cinder". Dylan payed close attention to the Battle. His partner, "Oshawott" ( Otty Odd-E ) jumped out of the "Aqua Ball" OSHA-WOTT!!!! Otty shouted. Dylan got scared and fell out of the tree! all the trainers near by heard a loud "THUMP!" Oshawott landed on Dylan's stomach.

Kace laughed at Robby and his near encounter to being stabbed. He then quickly hid his grin behind a hand. The exchange between the two similar Pokemon made him wonder more about these strange creatures. He had heard the group call them "Eeveelutions"; he was sure to write that down.

Gem came scuttling across the table towards him. Kace's face alight with fear; he trembled uncontrollably. His mind went on overdrive and sweat appeared on his face. He started to settle down a bit after he knew that it was only after food, but he was still terrified at the closeness of this purple menace.

He watched the group start to settle down and as if on signal, yawned loudly. "Goodnight." he said softly to the group and walked over to the Men's Rooms. He changed into more comfortable attire and hopped on a bed. The room was pretty practical and simple. The walls were all an eggshell white, as was the ceiling. The floor was tile like the main room of the Center. There was a night stand by each of the four beds with a lamp atop it. Small cabinets were at the foot of each bed while the bed had simple, red, but cozy blankets. A pillow sat at the head of the bed. He placed the egg case upon the night stand carefully. A wall phone was on the room wall by the door. Kace stared intently at the phone not wanting to get out of bed to use it. I have to say 'hi' to Mom and Dad. He got up with a grown and walked over to the phone.

After a small conversation and exchange of 'good nights' with the fractured family, Kace crawled back into bed. His mind still swirled with the events of the day. He stared at the ceiling for a short time and then to his egg. The lamp on the night stand glowed softly behind the egg case, causing it to give off an eerie glow. He smiled at the egg before turning off the lights and falling asleep. His dreams were filled with images of what the baby Pokemon could be. The egg shook violently after he had fallen asleep and a small crack appeared near the bottom of the egg.

Robby, heavy eyed and tired, slightly shook the Absolute awake, stretching his neck out avoiding the blade. The Pokémon awoke with a yawn and hopped off his lap. "Come on guys. Bed time." He motioned his head towards the room. His two tired mons paced behind him slowly, heads droopy.

Robby picked up the passed out full stomached Sableye. He walked slowly to the room, sitting on the bed and resting his head into his hands that were propped onto his knees. Abby and Eclipse each laid on a side of the bed, almost passing out immediately. He laid down with a sigh, laying the Sableye at the edge of the bed who curled up into a ball and fell asleep immediately as well. The four drifted off into sleep awaiting the next day and what it'll bring.

Brent sits on the ground rubbing Abra's head he tried to calm him down. Everyone knew how shy they were. He watched everyone go to sleep he sighed looking at his Pokemon he stood up "maybe we should take off". Knight crosses his arms standing up "gallade lade"

Morning light filtered through the simple windows, causing Flayke to slowly rise. The icey mon yawned, wanting to sleep more, but even he knew that C.C wanted to get going. Stretching out his flat tail, the Glaceon roughly smacked his trainer in the face. C.C awoke with a yelp, sitting up like a rigid board, and catapulting her poor Glaceon across the room, who gave his own loud cry of surprise.

Brent grabs his bag he put Abra in his pokeball. He looked at everyone's rooms and he left the center. A man grabs him "found you" Brent screams tencing up he looked at him "dad what're you doing here" Brent's dad smiled "I came to check on you"

Robby's eyes darted open at the sudden yelp, but.. he couldn't see anything? He closed his eyes again and opened them once more. Still nothing. Light slowly filtered into sight though as if something large rolled away out of his eyes. He sat up to see that Eclipse had slept on the bed last night, literally right in front of his face.

He sat up slowly to see the Glaceon across the room and C.C. wide awake. "Did I miss something? Whatever it was, it woke me up." He lightly shook Eclipse awake, as he stood up for a stretch. Abby was already awake, grooming her white pelt on the other side of the room. Gem, the little devil, was still at the foot of the bed, laid on his back with his limbs spread out groaning with his still full looking pot belly sticking out from last night.

"What did I tell you? Hm?" He dug into his bag, handing the small Pokémon a lum berry. "Eat this before we go. You'll feel better." He patted his belly before getting his gear ready to go.

Brent sits down talking to his dad "you left the farm" Noah (Brent's dad) laughs "it's maybe a half hour away son I can leave the farm if I want". Brent nods closing his eyes since his mom was a pokemon breeder he grew up on a rather large farm full of all sorts of Pokemon

"Flayke thought it would be a good idea to slap me awake, and since he likes sleeping on my face I catapulted him across the room." C.C yawned crawling out of bed.

She adjusted her overly large T-shirt, which could pass as a very short dress since it was so large, and tiredly yawned again as she picked up her disorientated Glaceon. Draping the Pokemon over her shoulders like a scarf, C.C went back into kitchen area of the trainers' room, and made herself some microwaveable oatmeal she found.

She then settled down, doing a supplies check while eating, preparing for the long walk to the fossil lab.

Kace woke up with a start. An icy-blue blur shot across the room. His brow scrunched in confusion, not entirely oriented to the morning sun yet. He rubbed his eyes and found that the blur was Glaceon. Kace, still tired, jumped out of bed and walked to the restroom. His vision wasn't the clearest and he ran into the wall before finding the door.

As he walked out he sniffed the air. His senses were much better after splashing his face with water. Breakfast time! he thought. His favorite meal of the day; he was pumped. He grabbed his pack and went over to the kitchen. There was bread in a small cupboard and some butter in the fridge. He toasted and covered the bread with butter. "Mmmmm." he hummed after taking a bite. He finished his meal quickly and got dressed into traveling clothes. Scanning through his pack for everything, Kace found his map and placed it in his pocket for later. He looked up from his pack at everyone preparing. Something was missing, "Where's Brent?"

C.C shrugged, confirming she had everything in her belt pouches. "Could have left early this morning." She left her belt on the table where Flayke waited by it patiently, before she herself went into the bathroom to actually get ready.

A few minutes later she reemerged in her jeans and favorite single sleeve jacket. She clipped on her belt, and after putting Flayke back in his Frost Ball took out her map. "Crap." she hissed.

She stared forlornly at the route that would take her to the fossil lab, which was in fact, on a small island in the middle of a lake. She knew if she could find a Lapras this wouldn't be a problem. Problem was that she didn't have a Lapras nor where to find one.

"This'll be fun," she muttered, stuffing the map away.

Robby had just come out the bathroom, with a new change of clothes on. He had slipped into some red long shorts, a white t shirt again, and a gray sleeveless zip up jacket. He took a bite of his granola bar as Brent walked back into the building, "Well." He began with his mouthful. "I guess through the town were in. We were near the end of it so why not just go on through?" He suggested with a shrug. He returned Abby and Eclipse into their balls, letting Gem stay out seeing he had a belly ache; like had predicted.

"Maybe there's another gym up there. Other Pokémon. Only one way to find out." He walked over to check out C.C.'s map, slightly hovering over her shoulder. "You have the map. I say we follow you."

C.C chuckled, though her underlying annoyance was still evident while she thought of how to get to the fossil lab. "Alrighty, there's a route through the forest before we reach a lakeside town. I'm heading through there so I can reach the lab." Briefly, C.C checked the map again.

"There's a water type gym, and the route we're taking is infamous for the dark types that are in the forest." she grinned a bit. "Maybe there'es a Sneasel in that forest!"

C.C grinned, putting away the map a second time. She looked to the group again, hoping they agreed, she really did enjoy the company.

Kace grinned at Brent's coming back. He wanted their small group to stay together, he really enjoyed his new friends. Kace pulled out his own map and studied it for awhile. Kace nodded at their conversation, noting where they were going. At the mention of a forest infamous for Dark-type Pokemon Kace grew excited. He could finally catch a Pokemon! This is my chance, I can't spoil it now! He grabbed one of his Dark-balls from his pack and set it into his pocket where his map used to be. "Let's get going then!" he exclaimed. He walked out of the room into the main part of the Center, his egg grasped in an embrace. His map was tucked away with the Dark-ball, now slightly rattling in his pocket with each step. Nurse Joy insisted on checking the egg again. As she checked she spoke, "Where are you all heading to?"

"Through this route." he showed her the map and traced the route with his finger.

She frowned, "Be careful in there, I've heard of some crazy things happening in that forest." The nurse handed back the egg. "There's a small crack on the bottom of the egg, Kace. It will soon hatch!" Kace stared at the egg in surprise.

"Thank you so much!" he put the map away and walked out of the Center with his arms wrapped around the egg. He sat on a bench outside waiting for the rest of the group. He worried about what the Nurse had said before about the forest, but he was confident that his friends would help keep him safe. The sun shown bright and he expected a great day ahead of them.

Brent follows him. dark types gave him chills he didn't really like them growing up but he could deal with them. He looks at Kace "if you have any trouble just say so and me and Knight will have your back" he smiles at Kace

C.C happily skipped out of the Pokemon center, she had a frost ball on standby, there was no guarantee that a Sneasel or Weavile were actually present in the forest, but it didn't hurt to hope.

C.C's phone suddenly shrilly rang from her pocket, and after seeing the caller ID her cheery mood plummeted. Steeling her nerves, she put on a fake aura of relaxed as she accepted the call.

"Hey, what's good father?" she winced, she hated how she couldn't even call her own family mum and dad anymore.

Urf, I hate the family business "Yea, don't worry, I'm making sure everyone I meet knows that my shiny Pokemon came from your hard work, father." C.C frowned. "Good-bye" she quickly ended the call.

"I really hate that guy, his hard work!" she mocked, "Yea right, taking volunteer Pokemon and selectively breeding them is hard work. Lewis Breeding, guaranteed Shinies 65% of the time!" C.C ranted, and to finish off her sour mood she kicked a loose stone like it had done her all the wrong in the world.

Brent sighs "I know the feeling" he puts his hands on his hips "come one come all to Noah's great pokemon training you'll never get results like this we guarantee a new move or an evolution" he sighs

"The world seemed really simple back when we first invented the Poke Ball. Back then, only 150, no Shiny Pokemon discovered, all about living the thrill of battling on your own. Of course, then more and more Pokemon turn up, more Shinies, more moves, more people. And soon we all get the bright idea to use the poor mon as tools." C.C sighed. stuffing her hands into her jeans.

"I wouldn't be surprised if eventually we plummeted into an post apocalyptic society in the next century."

"People have lost joy," C.C stated sourly, "Now it's all about power, being the best, bragging how you have a team of 6 Shiny level 100 pokemon with hidden abilities."

C.C grasped the unused Frost Ball in her hand, "I kinda can't help but hate this. These restrictions. The forcing to take a quiz that semi determines the fate of your adventure, the fact that we actually needed to place this type of restriction in the first place."

C.C smirked suddenly though, thinking back to when she first took the quiz. First, the little 10 year old made fun of the 13 year old. The kid boasted how he would get dragon types, he would have a full team of Druddigon, Noivern, a few others too. Then the kid came out fuming when he got normal types. When he learned C.C got two types, the kid attempted to lash out at her.

Needless to say in the end the kid got his starter taken away and he was placed under 5 year probation. He's still got 3 years C.C thought, remembering the arrogant kid.

Kace looked up at Brent as he walked out and nodded at his words. He was glad to see everyone in a happy mood. Then the phone call came and all thoughts of happiness were hidden under a blanket of anger. He sat on his bench while the others fumed about society, not really knowing how to contribute to the conversation. He was relieved to see that Brent was raring to go. He stood up from his bench with his egg embraced in his arms. "To the Fossil Lab!" he took one step then noticed that Robby hadn't come out yet. His face contorted into a frown and he walked back inside. His impatience was evident on his face. Kace knocked on the door to the room. "C'mon Robby, let's go! We're wasting daylight and I gotta catch some Pokemon!"