• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

january 12th rumor revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing to look for is at snowpoint city, yes it's available to america also, you will notice that after a while you'll see the snow that is falling will become sparklying snowflakes. I don't know if there is anything else, post sif you find something else. Also, i'm guessing the majority of you know, it's because it's Junichi Masuda's birthday.

It was a real downer though, i thought it be like a hidden pokemon, 494 perhaps, but it wasn't :-\

Yep, it's a rare weather condition called "Diamond Dust." It makes the snow in Snowpoint glitter pink, blue, and white. It has set days in the game, but rumor has it that it can happen randomly.

I thought it was pretty and I hope Nintendo does it next year too. ;D
It should be programmed to happen every January 12, not just once, since this particular year doesn't seem to hold anything special other than being a leap year. Leap year...perhaps something will happen on February 29? Also FF rip-off ;D

Makes me wonder if there are any other features that are dependant on date programmed into the games.
Or maybe there'll be a wifi download available on a certain day in the future. Never know what those crazy lil guys have in store for us.

Since I missed the cool snow can I roll back the time on my DS to see it? I would try myself but I'll be without my DS for a little while.

You would think they would do a little thing maybe for Christmas, or when its your birthday (because thats logged into the DS) just like a special conversationw ith your Mom.
Still, it's a nice idea!
:]

Interesting you say that actually because I thought about what if they programmed something to happen on your birthday, but then I realised if it was an event or something a lot of people may abuse that fact, so having something harmless on someone else's birthday does make sense really.

when i went to Snopoint for the first time, i saw diamond dust and i was at Snopoint for the first time before January 12.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Didn't know about the B-day thing. Cool =)

But I think this topic has been pretty well exhausted for purpose. Locking it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.