• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If you had a shiny Eevee...

Scenario: You find yourself in possession of a shiny Eevee. What do you evolve it into?

• Jolteon

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Flareon

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Vaporeon

• Umbreon

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Espeon

• Leafeon

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Glaceon

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Nothing! Shiny Eevee is best as is.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • What's an Eevee? (aka. No preference)

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
... what would you evolve it into, if at all~? (Read: the Pokémon, not this critter. ;))

I recently had the opportunity to answer this question for myself and the decision was fairly one sided: Umbreon! I'd always wanted a shiny Umbreon with those purdy blue rings and most of the other shiny Eeveelutions are strangely coloured or somewhat bland. Never been too interested in any of 'em beyond Umbreon. XD

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Best thread ever! ♥

I hatched a Shiny Eevee earlier in the year when I was breeding for Espeon. That one I chose to evolve into Eapeon as originally planned and called it Vee, after the special one Red has in Pokémon Adventures. However, if I ever had the chance again then I'd probably leave Eevee just the way it is as I find the shiny sprite really cute. ^^

That said, if it wasn't for the fact I have a Jolteon which I've traded up through my games since third gen (and would never dream of replacing him with a new Jolteon) I'd likely have been tempted to evolve my shiny Eevee into one of those.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Depends on its nature/IVs/egg moves honestly.

Actually that's a lie, Flareon. I don't have a reason why.

Sylveon.

Probably Umbreon. It's my favourite eeveelution anyway, and it looks pretty damn cool with the blue rings.

King of Lucario said:
Actually that's a lie, Flareon. I don't have a reason why.
>Insert joke about Flareon not having any moves here<

Well, in White 2 I captured like, 3 shiny Eevees. Two are still shiny Eevees and one is an Espeon. So I guess Espeon? Although I do love Umbreon's color when it is shiny ♥. I also have a soft spot for Jolteon, so it would be one of those three, most likely Espeon because in White 2 my Espeon destroys everything >:D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
oh my gosh Katie
I'm seriously dying of laughter as I read this topic XDDD

Anyways, that being said I've never had the opportunity to even see a shiny Pokemon in my games, let alone a very pretty shiny Eevee. ;; But if I could, I'd very much just keep it as it was because I'm biased and stuff. And I'd name it Shiny. Yes.

Besides that, though, I'll have to say that the next most likely thing would be for me to evolve it into a Glaceon. It's my favorite out of all the Eeveelutions, especially when it's shiny, and I really like ice types too. ^^;

I would, hands down, train the eevee into a high level shiny umbreon. I like the blue rings more than the yellow rings. But if it's only a regular eevee, i would evolve it into a espeon.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I voted Flareon, because the shiny colours for Flareon are just so pretty and remind me of autumn leaves :)

Umbreon would be my second option, or just leaving it as Eevee~

I like Umbreon and Espeon, but Umbreon definitely wins it for me. I don't know why, the colors are really nearly the same, but the yellow eyes and blue rings are just beautiful~ So much so that I've made it a permanent member of one of my FC's teams~

I would evolve mine into an Umbreon.Its rings are blue! Like a blue moon and its eyes are a bright yellow like a cat would and its the perfect one for night battles for me at least. My second choice would be Leafeon for other reasons, it might not look diferent but I like it a lot too.

Just like everyone here, I like the design of the shiny Umbreon the best. It doesn't look like a strange palette swap, it looks like a nice, well thought recolor.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I'd totally do all the work of that ice cavern dungeon to get a shiny Glaceon.
That's only because I actually have a Shiny Umbreon.

I have attempted to breed for a Shiny Eevee with the intention of evolving it into Umbreon. Lovin those orange cat eyes and bright blue rings, but Shiny Sylveon's also nice! Those devilish red eyes as it nulls your opponent's Dragon moves; truly the eyes of a 'mon without mercy. *brick'd*

Leafeon and Glaceon also deserve a special mention. They might not be my favorite overall, but they are slightly better than their regular colors.

Hmm, maybe a Vaporeon or an Umbreon.

I agree that the eeveelution shiny pallettes are kinda strange, and these two ( oh, and Sylveon <.>) have the best ones, in my oppinion.

But, because I allready have them ( I'm a shiny maniac :(), maybe keep it as it is.. Or an Espeon.. :?

KEEP IT THE SAME!!!!!!!!! Now if it were a regular eevee who knows what I would evolve it into? I actually have like 3 and I got the whol set of eeveeloutions from a giveaway. My very first one is called Dove, and she has been an eevee since forever, my sencond one is called Orange and for the fun of it I turned it into a leafeon, and the last became an Espeon, which I gave to my friend so she can breed shiny eevees.

I love Flareon, in shiny coloring I also love Umbreon's shiny!
Was very tough call, end decided on Umbreon's shiny fur coat a bit more.