• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Fights for Fame!

"There it is! The Synergy burst- and the Boomburst!" The announcer cried as the crowd roared at the explosion of activity and action burst into bloom across the circular field; creating fountains of colors and power. The Rank C stadium buzzed with excitement- the air was so thick that anyone could cut it with a knife. Two Pokemon faced one another on the Official Ferrum League Stadium battleground; a circular platform risen many feet above the water with the crowds on risers a few feet from the edge of the field. No trainers were on the field, but there were two boxes on either side of the crowd stands with two females standing with mixed emotions on their face; their hands clasped to their right ear where a small device cupped the ear and extended a speaker to the woman's mouth. Both women were speaking softly and quickly into the speakers- talking to their Pokemon who were battling on their feild.

The battle raged on even after the Burst Attack. A Noivern flew across the field at amazing speeds, managing to escape a barrage of poisonous globs shot from his opponent's Toxicroak. The large bat-like Pokemon twisted around to face the toxic frog and hissed with unmatched ferocity before grinning and flapping his wings violently, causing an enormous pillar of wind to race across the field. It's mark missed, and the Hurricane attack was easily dodged by the Toxicroak. A smug look crossed the poison type's face as he rolled away gracefully, landing to face his opponent. However, the black and blue bat had disappeared. By habit, or maybe his partner suggested it, the Toxicroak glanced skyward, expecting to see the Noivern diving out of the pale blue sky to land an attack to launch them into a duel phase. Even there the bat was nowhere to be found.

"Echo, listen up. Macy is going to notice you any moment now. Watch your wings, if you go outside the border then it'll be painfully obvious as to where you are. Our Synergy Bust ended about a minute ago, and we haven't landed enough hits on Cyanide yet, so we can use burst for approximately..." The woman on the right side paused, "...thirty seconds. Hang in there, rush up and Grab, then go to Airslash combo." She finished, taking her hand off her AR device to watch her Pokemon execute the actions. The woman was dressed fairly plain compared to many other battlers that she'd known in her lifetime. She was in a pastel blue, three quarter sleeved shirt with white jeans and brown boots sticking out from under her pant legs. On the ground next to her laid a beige bag, thrown away and forgotten for the duration of the battle. Her long, blonde hair was pulled back into a simple bun, but a tidbit of golden hair framed her face, and it stayed that way until it got in her way.

The Noivern nodded as he sped through the sky at the stadium's ground level, his right wing brushing against the invisible border of the battlefield, causing a small, hexagonal orange streak to follow where his wing made contact with the border. From previous experiences, the large bat-like Pokemon learned that in Stadium battlefields, much like the one he was battling in at that moment, normally have a bit of spade between the edge of the circular field and the border, allowing for a careful flyer to be able to fly at ground level without going outside the border. The Noivern was growing closer to the Toxicroak by the second, and the opponent's partner, Macy, noticed the large bat with a surprised, but worried expression manifesting on her face. She spoke quickly and in a panicked manner, but their time had already run out. The Sound Wave Pokemon appeared behind Cyanide, the Toxicroak, and grinned maliciously. Thrusting his wings out, a green wall of power formed right next to the Poison type, meaning that Noivern's Grab was successful. The Toxicroak was tossed into the air- surging far above the stadium. The Noivern followed his prey up into the air, and swung a powerful wing into the Poison type's back, causing he Toxicroak to fall back go the ground.

The crowd simply roared with excitement, but the two trainers and their Pokemon were dead serious. A blade, formed from the air, hit its' mark while the Noivern's opponent was down, but the rest of the combo move didn't manage. The Toxicroak fainted, and the Noivern calmed down, helping carry his wounded opponent to Nurse Joy and Chansey, who rode up to the field from a boat below and with the help of a lift. "And there we have it folks! The winner is Echo the Noivern and our Newest B Ranked fighter, Irene Safedale!" The announcer roared into the loudspeakers, only causing the audience to become even more rowdy and excited. A small, dark grey bride formed from the boxes to the field, where Irene walked to meet her Pokemon; congratulating him with an enormous grin and an Ursarang hug. "Ooh! I'm so proud of you Echo! That was great- but we need to work on your accuracy for your combo. Your Airslash combo did manage to get us a win, but if that Airslash missed then Cyanide would have the chance to do a Grab and send you back to Field phase, which we both know isn't the best for you." Irene pointed out, but she smiled afterwards. "But this is no time! Be happy Echo!" The Noivern cried out happily, flapping his wings and returning the hug. Macy, the opponent, and Cyanide, her Pokemon, walked up to the duo with genuine smiles on their face.

"Congratulations Irene! I'm so happy that a Challenger has beat me! It's been forever since I had a battle that good. You and Echo really connect, huh?" The red haired woman pointed out, taking a small, pentagonal case out of Cyanide's extended hands. "I'll be taking your C Rank badge now- I mean, it's not like you'll need it now Ms. B rank!" Macy continued, opening her free hand to take the badge. Irene smiled at the kind words and unpinned her Ferrum Badge from her shirt that read "C"- then she gave it to Macy. Both competitors shook hands, but then came the moment Irene had been working for the past three months. "Irene Safedale, I proclaim you officially B Rank! You have defeated the C Rank number 1, me, and I hope that you continue to become part of the S Rank team!" Macy cried out happily into a her AC device, which was obviously connected to the loudspeakers, as her voice emanated across the stands. The crowd applauded, and some gave Irene a happy whistle. The young adult smiled and waved to the crowd, drinking in her accomplishment.

About ten minutes later, Irene was walking down the hallway to the competitor's lounge, but a voice stopped her. "Safedale! Congrats, B Rank now huh? Well, you'd better watch out, because if you plan to get up to A Rank, you have to defeat me!" Startled, she twisted around, covering her heart in panic. When she saw who it was, Irene laughed. "Colette! It's been a while, hasn't it?" She exclaimed as she raced to hug her childhood friend. Colette was a short haired brunette, normally sporting some sort of Karate uniform to match her Pokemon- Sawk. Colette looked down at Irene, her brown eyes twinkling with amusement. "Hey shorty, get off me. We're not seven." She joked, gently removing herself from Irene's embrace. Irene was tall, but not as tall as Colette. Her 5"7 was impressive, but Colette came in at exactly 6 feet, making her one of the tallest people that Irene knows. Echo flew down the hallway, chirping in an excited manner at his approach. Irene turned to her Pokemon, allowing him to take her to the Competitor's lounge to let Colette go to her match.

(Guys, sorry if I made Irene looked overpowered, she's not- I promise. :))