• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Games on Different Platforms.

So, I'm sure we all have at least two different gaming consoles. Post your favorite game(s) on each console you own.

Nintendo DS: Heart Gold, Rhythm Heaven
I love HG because it's the remake of the Johto games, and Johto's my favorite region. And honestyl, what musi lover DOESN'T like Rhythm Heaven "Scratch-o. HEY!"
PS2: Kingdom Hearts series, Sly Cooper Series, and Viewtiful Joe Series
All three of these series are well thought out and fun to play.
Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Gems Collection, and Pokemon Colosseum
SSBM is a gimmie, Sonic Gems has my favorite Sonic game on it- Sonic CD- and Colosseum is the first game to ever have all double battles in it. I like double battles.

Nintendo DS: Soul Silver, Animal Crossing: Wild World
Xbox 360: Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2
Wii: Pokemon Battle Revolution
PS2: GTA Vice City
PSP: ATV Offroad Fury

Nintendo DS: Heart Gold, Pokemon Ranger 2
PS2: Kingdom Hearts 2
I can't get enough of KH2 and now i get easily confused by the original.
Gamecube: Pokemon XD: GoD
To me, XD has the better storyline over Colosseum
GBC: Pokemon Yellow
Yellow was the only game i owned for the GBC and I still have yet to beat it.
GBA: Pokemon Ruby
I chose Ruby because I had all the games in Gen III and Ruby has all my Pokemon on it.
PSX: CNK-Crash Nitro Kart
The best Crash Bandicoot game ever.

I'll list all the ones that I've had at some point/still have XD

NES: Duck Hunt
Honestly, it doesn't get any more classic than this game, it is just pure fun to play, and I'd play it again if my NES wasn't b0rked D:

SNES: Super Mario World
This game was the first in the series that I really, really enjoyed. While the Super Mario Brothers was a lot of fun, this game just made it so much better (then Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was a lot of fun too).

N64: Goldeneye
Yes. I said it. This was one of, if not THE, best shooters of all time.

psX: Final Fantasy VIII
Ask any FF fan and they'll probably say something about Final Fantasy VII. Well, my first Final Fantasy was VIII and I will always love Squall more than Cloud. And Rinoa more than Aerith and/or Tifa.

ps2: Kingdom Hearts Series
I remember when the first game was released, I thought that it would be a ridiculous combination. Final Fantasy and Disney are pretty much polar opposites, but they came together so amazingly that it quickly became one of my favorite series ever.

Gamecube: Super Smash Brothers Melee
Honestly, I can't even remember what games I had for the Gamecube, I was always more of a Sony guy, but out of the lack of games that I actually enjoyed, there is one that will always be at my heart. And of course, it's Super Smash Brothers.

Xbox: Jet Set Radio Future
It was the first game I actually owned for the Xbox, and it was amazing. Don't deny it.

ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
I think that was the full title >>; anyway, this one was a weird one for me because I didn't like the first one. Played it, beat it, "meh'd" it. But the second one, for whatever reason, was amazing. I loved every second of this game, and I really, really want to play it again.

Xbox 360: Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Brutal Legends, and Dragon Age: Origins
This is my favorite system, as you probably could tell, and as such, I couldn't pick just one game. Let's just say that every game that I listed up there took up many hours of my life, and will probably take up many more at some point. (NOTE: If I had Red Dead Redemption, it'd almost definitely be on there).

Game Boy: PokeMon Blue
Yup, my first ever PokeMon game and I loved every second of it.

Game Boy Advance: PokeMon Ruby
I think that out of the releases for the Advance, this one was my favorite.

DS: PokeMon SoulSilver, Pearl... AND Jump Ultimate Stars
Yup, that one is changed up a bit. I love SS because it's a remake of a great game. Pearl because I still play that one. AND Jump Ultimate Stars because it's Super Smash Bros. only better (and I only say better because it stars Manga/Anime Characters).

Unfortunately they don't have Jump Ultimate Stars in English, and they probably never will. You're better off saving money to import it than waiting for an English release. The problem being that there are so many series all owned by separate creators and what-not, that going through the different allowances and getting permission to distribute the game in English would just be too much hassle. At least, that's what their argument is. So the best thing to do would be to import it from Play-Asia.com (not to advertise, but that's just the one I use) and using an online translated guide to play through the missions.

It's a bit confusing in the beginning, simply because you have no clue what you're doing and the instructions are in Kana, but after reading the guide and just playing, I actually caught on fairly quickly and started recognizing most of the different missions by their Kana. It's an amazing game and definitely worth the buy.

Also: I remembered another one.

PSP: Persona (I can't remember what number it is though...) and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
One of the Shin Megami Tensei games, another of my favorite series. The game revolves around a group of students who acquire the ability to summon different demons in order to fight other demons. Unlocking different Personas by bartering with enemies.
And while I still stand by my opinion of FFVIII > FFVII, that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy Final Fantasy VII, definitely one of my favorite games in the series, this prequel focusing on Zack actually made me cry.

I also remembered another for DS: Devil Survivor
This game was just really intense for me, and the plot is just amazing. Though, I expect nothing less from SMT. The story revolves around the main character and his two friends, while in Tokyo one day they are trapped in a quarantine. With thousands of people trapped within the barricade, and anyone who attempts to leave getting shot by the military, suddenly demons start attacking people inside the barricade, which is why the government quarantine the area in the first place. Using personal computers (That look like DS) to summon demons of your own to fight, you have seven days before everyone in the quarantine area dies. In short, it's amazing.

NDS: Pokemon Explorers of Sky
GBA: Pokemon Fire Red
XBox: Sonic Riders
XBox 360: Left 4 Dead 2
PC: Club Penguin
PS2: Frogger.
PS3: Sonic 2006
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2

and that's about it.

Arite, here's my list:

WII - Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Red Steel 2, and Super Mario Galaxy (I don't have 2 yet.)
GCN - Super Smash Bros. Melee, Luigi's Mansion and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
360 - Halo 3, Assassin's Creed 2, and Dead Rising
PS3 - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call Of Duty: World At War (mainly just Nazi Zombies), and God Of War III
PS2 - Guitar Hero: World Tour (5's setlist sucked lol), and Madden NFL 2010
NDS - Pokemon HeartGold, Scribblenauts, and Dimentium 2
GBA - Pokemon Sapphire and Kirby And The Amazing Mirror
N64 - Paper Mario and Super Smash Bros.
SNES - Mortal Kombat and Super Mario Bros. 2: Yoshi's Island

Wii: Punch-Out!!!, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Pokemon Rumble.
Punch-Out!!! is a good remake, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is spectacular, and Pokemon Rumble is just fun. I love being Giratina KO'ing hordes of Pokemon.

PS3: LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers.
LBP is fun to play and create with, same with MNR.

XBOX 360: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
Well, Ice Age is very fun and you can play as all kinds of characters from the movie.

DS: Pokemon HeartGold, Nostalgia, and Fossil Fighters.
HeartGold is spectacular, Nostalgia is a fun RPG, and Fossil Fighters is a bit cheesy, but it has good gameplay.

PSP: Mega Man Powered Up, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank.
MMPU is a fun remake of the original, RACSM is a good game, and so is SAC.

Rex

Resident Furry
PS1: Final Fantasy VIII and Resident Evil series.
PS2: Jak & Daxter series (except Combat Racing), Resident Evil series, Final Fantasy XII, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
PSP: Daxter and Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
PS3: Resident Evil 5, Ratchet & Clank series, and Grand Theft Auto IV
GC: Skies of Arcadia: Legends and Resident Evil 0.
Wii: Resident Evil Archives: REmake, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Rayman Raving Rabbids series.
GB: Pokemon Gold.
GBA: Pokemon Emerald.
NDS: Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon HeartGold.
360: Left 4 Dead 2.

PS1: Crash Bandicoot 1,2, and 3 and Final Fantasy VII
Grew up with Crash and is the sole reason I got into gaming (although he wasn't my first video game, Sonic takes that spot)
PS2: Jak and Daxter 2, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 3
Had a wide assortment of PS2 games, but these 3 were my favs, though i liked Jak best
PSP: Thrillville, Daxter
Though Thrillville probably had the WORST pick-up lines ever thought of (Ex: If you were a tear, I'd start in your beautiful eyes, then die on your gorgoues lips... :X) it was awesome to make your own amusement park, espaically being able to build a 200 foot drop for a Go-Kart track!
Gamecube:Super Mario Sunshine, Pokemon XD
Grew up with both end my fav console
Wii: Twilight Princess, No More Heroes
Who would have thought an anime-parody filled with lightsabers that gain power through jerking off-motions, pin-headed nerds who cuss every five seconds would be so f*cking fun?
360: Red Dead Redemption, MW2, Batman: AA
Pretty much the console I go to when I want to shoot people's head's off. Sure 1 of these is overrated but so what?

Last edited by a moderator:
I havnt really had many consoles bt I generally just use the ones I have to their full potential.

N64: Mario Kart, Golden Eye, Pokemon Stadium series
DS: Soul Silver, Platinum, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy: Ring of Fates
Xbox 360: Final Fantasy XIII, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Guitar Hero 3

Wii: SMG2, SSBB, or TLoZ: TP
DS: Soul Silver, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks
GBA: Minish cap, Leafgreen/Firered
GC: TLoZ: TWW
GBC: Oracle of Seasons, Pokemon Silver
That's as far as I go back, but I have played games from other consoles via the Wii's VC.

GB: Pokemon Crystal
GBA: Pokemon Sapphire
DS: Err... Meteos, The World Ends with You, Trauma Center: UTK 2, and Pokemon Platinum.
Xbox: Fusion Frenzy, JSRF, Halo 2
PS2: Persona 3
N64: Pokemon Snap
Xbox 360: Halo Reach, mayyybe Halo 3, for lulz purpose only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I wish I had the energy to give a detailed reply like Chad, but oh well... XD
I tried to list the systems in order by when my family or I bought them, but I seriously can't remember when some of those handhelds were first released. :X

NES: Final Fantasy, Faxanadu, The Legend of Zelda, TMNT 2 & 3

Gameboy: Final Fantasy Legend II, Final Fantasy Adventure, Pokemon Red/Blue

SNES: Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, E.V.O.: Search for Eden, Kirby Super Star, Yoshi's Island, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Sega Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Hands-down favourite, no contest)

Gamegear: Sonic Drift 2 (Not much to choose from)

Gameboy Color: Pokemon Crystal

N64: Diddy Kong Racing, Super Smash Bros., Star Fox 64, Paper Mario

Playstation: Final Fantasy VIII, Wild ARMs 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure

GBA: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (I know I'm forgetting something... >_<)

PS2: Final Fantasy XII, Katamari Damacy, Wild ARMs 4, Kingdom Hearts 2

GCN: Tales of Symphonia, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Animal Crossing

Wii: Rune Factory Frontier, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Kart Wii

DS/DSi: Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon SoulSilver (But I do love many DS games)

PSP: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (How sad it is that my favourite is an updated port.)

360: Tales of Vesperia

PS3: Flower (I seriously need to play more of my PS3 games)

Mystic_Suicune said:
So, I'm sure we all have at least two different gaming consoles. Post your favorite game(s) on each console you own.

Nintendo DS: Heart Gold, Rhythm Heaven
I love HG because it's the remake of the Johto games, and Johto's my favorite region. And honestyl, what musi lover DOESN'T like Rhythm Heaven "Scratch-o. HEY!"
PS2: Kingdom Hearts series, Sly Cooper Series, and Viewtiful Joe Series
All three of these series are well thought out and fun to play.
Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Gems Collection, and Pokemon Colosseum
SSBM is a gimmie, Sonic Gems has my favorite Sonic game on it- Sonic CD- and Colosseum is the first game to ever have all double battles in it. I like double battles.

Nintendo DS- Pokemon SoulSilver
Wii- SSBB
X360- Bioshock 1/2

PS2: Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
GBC: Pokemon Crystal
GBA: Pokemon Sapphire
DS: Pokemon SS, Pokemon MD2: EOS, Nintendogs: CAF, Spectrobes
360: Avatar, Viva Pinata
Wii: Endless Ocean 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Legend of the Guardians
GC: Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life, Pokemon XD
PC: Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals