• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed D&P Sign-Ups

Finally got around to posting. Sorry if the writing seems a bit rushed, but I figured I had to get it in before the RP got too far. Going to be more active now that the intro is out of the way, and I'll try to make my next post more open to character interaction.

:DIt's alright, we all have to watch what we're writing sometimes. If I came off a little mean in my previous message, I'm sorry. Just really passionate about this stuff!

I understand :D I wouldn't want this thread to go and I would be passionate about this, too. I just get confused is all XD Funny, I should know English, but it's so complicated nobody, whose first language is English, can ever understand all the grammar crap completely XD why is our language so hard to learn, even for people whose first language is English? XD So stupid

People, whose second language is English, know it better than the English-speakers XD so weird, too XD Well, MOST people. There are exceptions, but no hate, I swear XD

I agree with you. Sometimes I feel like learning some of those languages that may not be as popular but are still really cool. Always stuck with learning Spanish in school...

Yea XD also, I have a question. Has the Shadow Pokemon epidemic just started, or were there sightings before that Charmander? And is it alright if my thief has seen one before? Not interact with it, but have seen one when running away from guards? She does a lot of "scenery jogs" around forests XD

I'd say, measuring by the desperate grab for soldiers, that the epidemic has been going on for quite a few months. A king does not simply see something bad and immediately call on other nations for help. Shadow Pokemon have probably been crawling down from the north and I'd say its highly possible for Aether to have seen one.

@PrettyPichu sorry for the lag and for Mason forgetting to answer the question about the Charmander!

Although I have to say, isn't the concept (or terminology at least) of PTSD a bit too modern for the setting?

Yeaa, but I don't know what else to put down. I guess the "war had gotten to his head" would've been perfect XD but there are doctors and clerics in this world, too. One more physical and the other more spiritual.

I fixed it :D Apparently, the term PTSD wasn't coined until the 17th century XD So, I fixed it :) I feel accomplished XD

Last edited:
Alright, sounds good.

In the scroll, I would include something of NPCs. Like saying that the actual characters in the rp are to lead 'a party' to their locations. Or that the characters are to be lead by an NPC to their locations. It doesn't seem fitting to allow random recruits that aren't trusted just yet to lead. You'd think there would be more warriors and a former army to lead the parties, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, I wanted to speed things up abit - so going off of @_rb3, maybe we should have a little more lore on the people we're helping. Like if we were to help a guy named Bob, maybe specify on this thread, stating that Bob is very fast-paced and strong - you get what I mean, right?
NPC's are key in this point of the RP, as the realm isn't going to save itself. But it IS an RP owned by you - so please don't think that I do not like it, as it is very exhilarating and exciting, simply constructive advice.

:p

Of course, I'm trying to find a way to work the lore of the world into the actual posts. But thinking that most of these characters have lived within the "realm" for 20+ years. So I'll write up an extensive overview of the lore over the last 15 years and you all OOC can determine how much of that information is readily available to your characters.

Hey guys, sorry for being out for the past couple days. Been dealing with a bit of a crisis right now. I'm still going to try to keep up with everyone else, but any posts I make from here on out are going to be much shorter than usual. I understand if this would cause problems, so please tell me if it is mates.

It should be good for the most part, and you don't need to tell me about the hassle of posting, I understand completely.
Thanks for trying to find time for the RP,
:D

Penta, that dice rolling that Orion has to do for actions is going to be a drawback for sure!

Also. Has Pokecharms died in the past week? None of my role-plays are active like they were a week ago and the art isn't coming in like it used to.

Its the time of the year, where everyone is doing something - somewhere.

Yeah guys I think we should just try to avoid the 'Attempt' thing, and make reasonable encounters.

Last edited: