• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

[CONTEST] PokéBaby "Gotta raise'm all! 2016" Contest!

Would you like to choose jury for each round from the PokéCharmers?

• Yes, great idea!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, Zamcio will give points by himself

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, Zamcio will give points with people he will choose

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, uh... now that my guilt at not posting for ignoring a few things is through, I, too, would like to join.
So... if I still can (which I am pretty sure I can), I'd like to join, if more for fun than anything else. Especially because I hear there is going to be artwork.

Arceus save you all O.o

But, if I still can join, I'd like to (be lame) and join with Shinx if that's alright. Here's a pic that is quite obviously not mine.

upload_2016-6-18_23-19-49.jpeg

I believe that this is actually the official artwork, but I also believe that grapefruits exist solely to frustrate the human race to the point of the nonsensically named fruits becoming the overlords of the word, so don't take my word for it.

Aww that's adorable Cinccino! I've already drawn mine, but I think I'll hold it for a while. ;) I'm super excited to show you guys though, I'm really proud of it- considering I was drawing two other pictures at the same time as that one.

Edit: wait, does our drawing have to be cute? Do we have to represent our baby as cute? If so I'm totally screwed.

Last edited:
So, uh... now that my guilt at not posting for ignoring a few things is through, I, too, would like to join.
So... if I still can (which I am pretty sure I can), I'd like to join, if more for fun than anything else. Especially because I hear there is going to be artwork.

Arceus save you all O.o

But, if I still can join, I'd like to (be lame) and join with Shinx if that's alright. Here's a pic that is quite obviously not mine.

View attachment 312844
I believe that this is actually the official artwork, but I also believe that grapefruits exist solely to frustrate the human race to the point of the nonsensically named fruits becoming the overlords of the word, so don't take my word for it.
Don't be so harsh to yourself :p Welcome in the contest :D
so can we start posting arts about this now?
because heres mine, it took 1+ hour
View attachment 312937
Nooo... ;-; Wait for the tasks. I will tell exactly what to do in each round :p Starting in 6 hours.
Oh yeah I missed the starter bit mah bad. I'll take Deino. Gamma is back baby. He'll be shiny.
Okay :) You're in!

I just realised that for fighting you actually meant fighting in the games. I think I will have some issues there since I don't have a 3D's to play. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to participate when that's involved but... would it be okay if I joined for the drawing and writing parts? It would be just for fun. I'm so sorry.

It's time to start our contest!

round1.png

Welcome to you all PokéCharmers! I am honored to open my first contest on this site full of creative people. Our brave heroes will participate in eight rounds which will test their Pokémon Fan skills: writing, drawing, battling, making strategies, travelling through the Pokémon World, making right decisions and voting in Pokémon Performances. What to mention more - at the end of each round every participant will have opportunity to give additional 5 points to other one. Pretty gesture in creative rivarly!
Also I would like to gladly welcome our first offical member of contest Jury - EmotionSenser! Congratulations and thank you for joining us! So... Let's begin Round 1!

ROUND 1 - Hatching Day
Task 1: What is the gender of your PokéBaby?
Is it male? Is it female? Let us know.
Task 2: Give your PokéBaby a name!
Giving name is great sign of the bond. Also... Have you heard about the baby with no name?
Task 3: Set your location.
Tell us where did it hatch? Are in Sinnoh? Or maybe you are visiting beautiful Kalos? Did it happen in the city or in the middle of the forest? Let us know about the place!
Task 4: Tell us something about the parents - choose breeding move.
NOTE - Choose it wisely as its one of first moves which you will be obligated to use in the future.
Task 5: Be a-bit-little-ly serious! (choose the ability)
Have fun during the contest! Also same note - choose it wisely.
Task 6: Make some memories of the first sight of the newly hatched PokéBaby!
Draw your new friend. Also think about its characteristic thing of apperance. Does it have freckles? Maybe some unsual fur on the belly? Will it wear a ribbon? Show us!

Do not forget to look at my facebook page where I will publish some progress with contest (not to double post here) and complete the poll to help me with choosing the Jury!
Brave PokéCharmers! Submit your drawings in the Creative Corner with all mentioned details in the description till 25th of June and don't forget to tag it with "gotta raise'm all". If you did not join yet feel free to do it now!

Good luck and have fun! :)
P.S. Battles will be organised in Pokémon Showdown so do not worry and try it out earlier to befriend with it.

Last edited:
It's time to start our contest!

View attachment 313209

Welcome to you all PokéCharmers! I am honored to open my first contest on this site full of creative people. Our brave heroes will participate in eight rounds which will test their Pokémon Fan skills: writing, drawing, battling, making strategies, travelling through the Pokémon World, making right decisions and voting in Pokémon Performances. What to mention more - at the end of each round every participant will have opportunity to give additional 10 points to other one. Pretty gesture in creative rivarly!
Also I would like to gladly welcome our first offical member of contest Jury - EmotionSenser! Congratulations and thank you for joining us! So... Let's begin Round 1!

ROUND 1 - Hatching Day
Is it male? Is it female? Let us know.
Giving name is great sign of the bond. Also... Have you heard about the baby with no name?
Tell us where did it hatch? Are in Sinnoh? Or maybe you are visiting beautiful Kalos? Let us know about the place!
Task 4: Tell us something about the parents and choose breeding move.
NOTE - Choose it wisely as its one of first moves which you will be obligated to use in the future.
Have fun during the contest! Also same note - choose it wisely.
Draw your new friend. Also think about its characteristic thing of apperance. Does it have freckles? Maybe some unsual fur on the belly? Will it wear a ribbon? Show us!

Do not forget to look at my facebook page where I will publish some progress with contest (not to double post here) and complete the poll to help me with choosing the Jury!
Brave PokéCharmers! Submit your drawings done in the Creative Corner with all mentioned details in the description till 25th of June and don't forget to tag it with "gotta raise'm all". If you did not join yet feel free to do it now!

P.S. Battles will be organised in Pokémon Showdown so do not worry and try it out earlier to befriend with it.
Female
Jingle
Unova Region
the parents were captured by pokemon hunters and poor Jingle was just an egg, and Jingle was bred with the move wish.
Anticipation. its the hidden ability for eevee.
Ill get started on those soon, eventually :D

(was i meant to do this with the tasks :'|)

Last edited:
Female
Jingle
Unova Region
the parents were captured by pokemon hunters and poor Jingle was just an egg, and Jingle was bred with the move wish.
Anticipation. its the hidden ability for eevee.
Ill get started on those soon, eventually :D

(was i meant to do this with the tasks :'|)
You were meant to do the drawing and give all these information in the description in the Creative Corner.
Let's not spam there ;)

GOD DAMIT THIS SITE FOR ITS SHITTY NOTIFICATIONS AAAAGHGGG

*sobs* I have one day to do this

*brightens* but I can do this!

Once I'm done reporting this issue. Not the first time it's happened to me -.-"

I'm working my ass off on this, but uh what time is the deadline tomorrow? Is it 12:01 am or a later time?

EDIT: I finished on time, so we're good.

Last edited:
LAST REMINDER
Work should be submited in one hour or I will be forced to give fewer points. Do not forget to tag your work with "gotta raise'm all". Waiting for your works guys! :)
If you cannot submit work on the time like @OmegaCarvineplays you wont't lose points as long as you inform me about the circumstances. It's all for fun :)

ROUND 1 - HATCHING DAY
All tagged submits in this round:
1st submit - Nyx the Litwick by @EspeonTheBest
2nd submit - Oliver the Shinx by @Storybook
3rd submit - Pollia the Pichu by @nicko14525
4th submit - Vela the Togepi by @Blue moon
5th submit - Sunny the Mareep by @LadyLucs
6th submit - Nayru the Ralts by @crazyone
7th submit - Jingle the Eevee by @Cinccino
8th submit - Blitz the Fletchling by @Kitsune477
9th submit - Gamma the Deino by @OmegaCarvineplays

All the late-comers are asked to submits their works ASAP.
The results of the Round 1 will be posted today (26th of June) at midnight or little after it.
Every participant is asked to post such a declaration to give friendly points to person you think deserves them -
In the ROUND 1, my friendly 5 points goes to...
<insert nickname here>!
<write here a small nice comment>

Last edited:
In the round one, my friendly 5 points goes to @Storybook 's Oliver.

I love Shinx, not to mention that the way you presented him was absolutely adorable! I love how you also drew the blanket, as I'm having a few issues with drawing any pieces of fabric in general, clothing and blankets. Oliver is just so well drawn and his personality is shown through it all. :)

Okay, I'm having a hard time picking someone to give my points to. All of the characters are just cuties, even though, I just fell in love with Sunny the Mareep and Oliver the Shinx. I really like LadyLucs drawing technique but I also adore Stroybook's writing, besides, the both of them made the cutest characters ever and I'm not talking bout appearence, I'm talking about personality.

Now I have the great dilema of which one of them to pick and you guys are probably tired of this inner debate I had no reason to post, but I really wanted to let you know how much I liked your works.

But okay, in the round 1, my friendly five points goes to @LadyLucs
Well, I explained the most of it before, but I just want to add I really liked how you mixed techniques. I had never managed to put a good work with marker pens and that bothers me to no end. You instead, did a really nice job and even found a way to complement it with color pens like people in tumblr do (I've never managed to do that, sadly).

Are you ready for this Sunday night when PokeCharms champs fight for their title in the PokeBaby Gotta raise(raise)'m all!? Right now you can be part of this awesome free-to-join contest for just $59.99!
Sorry for that joke...
EDIT: Of course I meant the results :D

Are you ready for this Sunday night when PokeCharms champs fight for their title in the PokeBaby Gotta raise(raise)'m all!? Right now you can be part of this awesome free-to-join contest for just $59.99!
Sorry for that joke...
EDIT: Of course I meant the results :D
"Free-to-Join" at "$59.99" wut?

Okay, I'm having a hard time picking someone to give my points to. All of the characters are just cuties, even though, I just fell in love with Sunny the Mareep and Oliver the Shinx. I really like LadyLucs drawing technique but I also adore Stroybook's writing, besides, the both of them made the cutest characters ever and I'm not talking bout appearence, I'm talking about personality.

Now I have the great dilema of which one of them to pick and you guys are probably tired of this inner debate I had no reason to post, but I really wanted to let you know how much I liked your works.

But okay, in the round 1, my friendly five points goes to @LadyLucs
Well, I explained the most of it before, but I just want to add I really liked how you mixed techniques. I had never managed to put a good work with marker pens and that bothers me to no end. You instead, did a really nice job and even found a way to complement it with color pens like people in tumblr do (I've never managed to do that, sadly).
Thanks so much! I honestly was really worried about the whole marker and map pencil mix. I'm out of the country right now so I didn't have my normal supplies, and it feels awesome to know that I didn't fuck it up. You made my day ^u^

In the meantime...

round2.png

It is done. Round 1 is going to its end and we are getting ready for the second one!
In this round we have another great members of our Jury - writing experts Iceblossom and Starfall! Welcome aboard and thanks for joining! :) With this round we start new format of rounds. Every round will be focused on one of the skills and contain one main task and few smaller ones. For the main task you can get up to 20 points so do your best!

ROUND 2 - FIRST STEPS
Main task: New experience of my PokéBaby!
Make a writing work (as long as you want it to be) about your PokéBaby's first experience of something e.g. first trained move, climbing or even learning walking!

Small task 1: Include two characteristics of your PokéBaby in the work.
It's time to say more about your Baby's character. Choose two characteristics from the following and include them somehow in the work (you cannot pick both from the same section):
Section 1
Loves to eat
Takes plenty of siestas
Nods off a lot
Scatters things often
Likes to relax

Section 2
Proud of its power
Likes to thrash about
A little quick tempered
Likes to fight
Quick tempered

Section 3
Sturdy body
Capable of taking hits
Highly persistent
Good endurance
Good perseverance

Section 4
Highly curious
Mischievous
Thoroughly cunning
Often lost in thought
Very finicky

Section 5
Strong willed
Somewhat vain
Strongly defiant
Hates to lose
Somewhat stubborn

Section 6
Likes to run
Alert to sounds
Impetuous and silly
Somewhat of a clown
Quick to flee
Small task 2: Include nature of your PokéBaby in the work.
Pick one of the natures to describe your PokéBaby and constantly use it in the work as the way it behaves:

Hardy
Lonely
Brave
Adamant
Naughty
Bold
Docile
Relaxed
Impish
Lax
Timid
Hasty
Serious
Jolly
Naive
Modest
Mild
Quiet
Bashful
Rash
Calm
Gentle
Sassy
Careful
Quirky
Brave PokéCharmers! Submit your works in the Creative Corner with all mentioned details till 2nd of July and don't forget to tag it with "gotta raise'm all". If you did not join yet feel free to do it now!

Well, I'm stuck between Nyx, Vela, and Sunny- I quite liked all three of them and I love how the world was incorporated into who they are and the post itself. It all felt a little more real and relate-able, and, as all art seems to be to me, the drawings were amazing.

In the end, in the ROUND 1, my friendly 5 points goes to @Blue moon . Vela's story and character is incredibly enchanting, and I can't get enough of how her character was portrayed- of the softness of the writing, and of the enchantment of its voice. The picture was well drawn, in my eyes, and I really liked how it wasn't just Vela- there is more to who she is than her herself. Also, Orion just looks quite glossy, and the softness of the colors, especially in the background, is appealing.

I'm also just a sucker for anything that has to do with the stars :p

And I suppose I am ready.
... maybe.
Probably not.
Ah, well.

In the meantime...

View attachment 316922

It is done. Round 1 is going to its end and we are getting ready for the second one!
In this round we have another great members of our Jury - writing experts Iceblossom and Starfall! Welcome aboard and thanks for joining! :) With this round we start new format of rounds. Every round will be focused on one of the skills and contain one main task and few smaller ones. For the main task you can get up to 20 points so do your best!

ROUND 2 - FIRST STEPS
Main task: New experience of my PokéBaby!
Make a writing work (as long as you want it to be) about your PokéBaby's first experience of something e.g. first trained move, climbing or even learning walking!

Small task 1: Include two characteristics of your PokéBaby in the work.
It's time to say more about your Baby's character. Choose two characteristics from the following and include them somehow in the work (you cannot pick both from the same section):
Section 1
Loves to eat
Takes plenty of siestas
Nods off a lot
Scatters things often
Likes to relax

Section 2
Proud of its power
Likes to thrash about
A little quick tempered
Likes to fight
Quick tempered

Section 3
Sturdy body
Capable of taking hits
Highly persistent
Good endurance
Good perseverance

Section 4
Highly curious
Mischievous
Thoroughly cunning
Often lost in thought
Very finicky

Section 5
Strong willed
Somewhat vain
Strongly defiant
Hates to lose
Somewhat stubborn

Section 6
Likes to run
Alert to sounds
Impetuous and silly
Somewhat of a clown
Quick to flee
Small task 2: Include nature of your PokéBaby in the work.
Pick one of the natures to describe your PokéBaby and constantly use it in the work as the way it behaves:

Hardy
Lonely
Brave
Adamant
Naughty
Bold
Docile
Relaxed
Impish
Lax
Timid
Hasty
Serious
Jolly
Naive
Modest
Mild
Quiet
Bashful
Rash
Calm
Gentle
Sassy
Careful
Quirky
Brave PokéCharmers! Submit your works in the Creative Corner with all mentioned details till 2nd of July and don't forget to tag it with "gotta raise'm all". If you did not join yet feel free to do it now!

I have a small question. How does this story need to be written? As a story? Third, first, omniscient?